World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;231607]As I have said privately and publically, I feel that this is one of the two best real world diaries on this forum. Your's with Tristram tell great stories, and to me that is the basises for a good diary. As you have said, there are multiple diaries popping up daily. That is good and in a way bad. Sometimes they last, but more often then not they go strong for a few days or maybe even a week and then thet seem to fizzle. I understand how frustrated you are. I'm not going to get into everything that we have spoken of off screen as that is a private conversation amoung firends. But I was there a month or so ago as this 'burnout' started to creep in. I could sense it then. I hated it. I was being selfish when I tried to talk you into continuing. I have come to the conclusion as I stated in response to Tristram's post concerning the same thing that without the passion and fire to continue on your part to continue the diary then it goes from being your story being told to just putting up posts to try and keep the masses (myself and others) happy and entertained. I know that you could pull that off as you have a gift for telling a great story. But I would rather you take what ever amount of time off that you need and refuel the fire that you need to WANT to do this. If it comes back then wonderful. Then I for one will be here waiting. If the passion doesn't return, then in the course of a week we(forum) may have lost two of the best diaries this forum has had the fortunes of hosting. Whatever decision you make I will support you 150%. I consider you a friend, and the decision you make needs to be for yourself and your reasons and no one elses.[/QUOTE] Thank you for your support. I really appreciate everything you have said, not just now, but before and via PMs. I consider you a friend too and you are one of the guys whose support kept me going. I hope one day to pick it up from here. [QUOTE=G-Prime;231614]Say it ain't so keefy, say it ain't so...[/QUOTE] It's probably so, unfortunately. I love having the ideas, and love the opportunity to get them out there, but hate [I]doing[/I] this diary. If I didn't have to actually book the shows or write them up I'd be fine, because I can make plans until the cows come home.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You the man Keef and your diary is one of (if not the BEST) that I have ever seen. It has also lasted much longer than most ever will and the quality has only increased with each show. I understand the need to end, no diary lasts forever and thank you for the fun while it lasted. I intend to start my own diary for awhile and your work is without question what has created the fire within me to write it. I did a diary back in the TEW05 days that went very well but like you I got burned out and needed to step away. Diaries should be fun and when they stop being fun then it is time to move on. Best of luck and hopefully the diary fire will return down the road and until then I will try to keep everyone entertained with my 93 diary. You rock!!!!!

[QUOTE=DocStevens;231631]You the man Keef and [B]your diary is one of (if not the BEST)[/B] that I have ever seen. It has also lasted much longer than most ever will and the [B]quality has only increased with each show[/B]. I understand the need to end, no diary lasts forever and thank you for the fun while it lasted. I intend to start my own diary for awhile and [B]your work is without question what has created the fire within me[/B] to write it. I did a diary back in the TEW05 days that went very well but like you I got burned out and needed to step away. Diaries should be fun and when they stop being fun then it is time to move on. Best of luck and hopefully the diary fire will return down the road and until then I will try to keep everyone entertained with my 93 diary. [B]You rock[/B]!!!!![/QUOTE] Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate it. Everything you've said there (particularly the bits in bold) mean a lot, so thank you. Not so long ago I was just a fan of DOWCW and ECW Worldwide, being inspired by them to attempt a diary myself. If someone feels the same about mine, then that is incredible. Thanks for your support since this began, and I hope to make King Of The Ring a worthy ending for this. Although something tells me that maybe in 3/4 months time this may get a resurgance. Hence why I don't want to give away what I had planned over the next few months. 'Cos I have a heck of a lot of plans, and a great deal of Wrestlemania XV even worked out!

this is a great shame........but you cant put all the time into a good diary if your not passionate about it.....i selfishly want you to continue but if it wont be the Montreal of old then we all will have to let it go.......great job man and thankyou this has really been a pleasure to read

Well I for one will miss this diary *especially if owen doesnt win :-(* but I totally understand you wanting to end it, as Ive wrote diaries in the past and they can quickly get stale, with you running out of ideas etc. Atleast your ending this on a very big high! Great job dude, and as said above, its been a very fun read!

Hey Keefy Well, mate, I feel like the three of us (plus my good mate outlaw) are all in the same boat huh. It's kind of like that episode of Married with Children, where the three chicks all have their time of the month on a fishing trip.... What a nightmare! Crazy analogy I know, but, well, sue me! Look mate, the story you have told so far has been great. It's been fantastic. You have a rare gift of continuing a story without A: damaging any competitor in it B: without using too many false finishes. What I mean by that is I could sense quite a few on your roster who you've positioned to move forward into pivotal positions. That's a skill. It's a real skill. I always enjoyed the stories being told, they were fun mate. They were realistic. I loved the Goldust stuff. I loved the Jeff Jarrett stuff. I loved Kenny Shamrock mutilating the Rock. I loved Owen Hart getting into the main events. Mate either way, no matter what happens I would like to keep in some form of contact with you. You have been an inspiration in terms of supporting DOWCW, but also as we've discussed, talk about various issues. It was great finding solice in support for my theories on what I perceive to be biased WWE publications like Monday Night Wars. Deep down I suspected but hoped not that you were putting too much effort in, particularly getting involved with another diary... one's heaps hard, two is a massive committment, especially for someone like you and me who have career-lifestyle commitments. If I can give any advice, it's this. Stallion said it on mine, take a month out, have a think about it. Who knows, we may all find the energy. Either way, thank you for what you have done, and good luck with everything.

I'm sad to see this coming to an end, a couple of weeks ago I read through the entire thing and it was a fantastic read and probably one of if not the best WWF based diaries (or even diaries, in general) I have ever read. I await KOTR and I'm hoping you'll get your 'second wind' so this will continue, if it doesn't though it was a fantastic diary in every way.

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;231653]this is a great shame........but you cant put all the time into a good diary if your not passionate about it.....i selfishly want you to continue but if it wont be the Montreal of old then we all will have to let it go.......great job man and thankyou this has really been a pleasure to read[/QUOTE] Thanks a lot buddy, really appreciate the support. You have been one of the reasons I've carried on for so long, because your support has been amazing. [QUOTE=robertocarlos87;231704]Well I for one will miss this diary *especially if owen doesnt win :-(* but I totally understand you wanting to end it, as Ive wrote diaries in the past and they can quickly get stale, with you running out of ideas etc. Atleast your ending this on a very big high! Great job dude, and as said above, its been a very fun read![/QUOTE] Thanks a lot. I'm glad you have enjoyed it. One thing though, I certainly haven't run out of ideas! In fact, that's part of the reason I've kept going for so long, I have some great ideas that I think are better than anything I've done before, however, I just don't have the ambition to keep doing this. [QUOTE=Dubya;231751]I didn't have a lot of posts on the thread save for a couple predictions, but it always had my attention. Kudos on a great diary and good luck in all of your future endeavours. :D[/QUOTE] Thanks very much. I'm glad you were a reader and I appreciate your luck-giving! [QUOTE=tristram;231935]Hey Keefy Well, mate, I feel like the three of us (plus my good mate outlaw) are all in the same boat huh. It's kind of like that episode of Married with Children, where the three chicks all have their time of the month on a fishing trip.... What a nightmare! Crazy analogy I know, but, well, sue me! Look mate, the story you have told so far has been great. It's been fantastic. You have a rare gift of continuing a story without A: damaging any competitor in it B: without using too many false finishes. What I mean by that is I could sense quite a few on your roster who you've positioned to move forward into pivotal positions. That's a skill. It's a real skill. I always enjoyed the stories being told, they were fun mate. They were realistic. I loved the Goldust stuff. I loved the Jeff Jarrett stuff. I loved Kenny Shamrock mutilating the Rock. I loved Owen Hart getting into the main events. Mate either way, no matter what happens I would like to keep in some form of contact with you. You have been an inspiration in terms of supporting DOWCW, but also as we've discussed, talk about various issues. It was great finding solice in support for my theories on what I perceive to be biased WWE publications like Monday Night Wars. Deep down I suspected but hoped not that you were putting too much effort in, particularly getting involved with another diary... one's heaps hard, two is a massive committment, especially for someone like you and me who have career-lifestyle commitments. If I can give any advice, it's this. Stallion said it on mine, take a month out, have a think about it. Who knows, we may all find the energy. Either way, thank you for what you have done, and good luck with everything.[/QUOTE] Tristy, Tristy, Tristy... Thank you. Without you this diary wouldn't have existed and your support, encouragment and advice has been invaluable. I'm so glad you enjoyed what I had to offer, I really wanted to impress you, however, I guess it was fairly natural I would, simply because we think so similarly. A great guy and I'm sure I'll speak to you regularly even without our diaries. [QUOTE=theunforgiven;233035]I'm sad to see this coming to an end, a couple of weeks ago I read through the entire thing and it was a fantastic read and probably one of if not the best WWF based diaries (or even diaries, in general) I have ever read. I await KOTR and I'm hoping you'll get your 'second wind' so this will continue, if it doesn't though it was a fantastic diary in every way.[/QUOTE] Thank you, that's some mighty high praise in there. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your support, if I do carry on one day I hope to have you as a fan again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay, here it is. I took about a week away from the game and this website in the hope that it would invigour my interest in it. Instead, I really, really enjoyed it. I loved not having the pressure of support or expectation of doing shows and stuff. Maybe I'll feel differently in a month or too, but basically, I think this may be the end. I've enjoyed not doing this diary too much to start it up again I think. However, I'm a man of my word so I will do everything I can to post KOTR eventually. I hope you enjoy it when it is posted, but I can't say for sure when that will be. Once again thank you for the support everyone and Ilook forward to speaking to you all regularly on here on other threads!

Although my writing style may be different, your diary has given me the push to get back into it and hopefully my 1993 diary will last as long as yours did and if it is even half as popular I will be happy! Again great work and look forward to talking with you on the boards!

Hey man, I really enjoyed reading this and I'm sad to see it go, but if you are having a better time with out it then that's good for you...just do what feels right to you, we can all respect that choice. I'm glad your sticking around, I really enjoy all the feedback you leave in my dynasties, so good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

Keefy, :( be a shame for such a well written diary to slip away but all good things have to end some time. As said just do what's best for you, you won't be letting anyone down at all by stopping the diary, it will just be a loss for us. I've no doubt you'll come back with something at the very least, as good as this, if not even better. Take Care, Sebsy :)

keef, again as much as all of us would like for you to continue. You have to make that decision that is best for you. Sounds like you have. As much as I am going to miss your diary. I look forward to your posts on here in other threads. You know that you input is always welcome in Battlelines. I look forward to the beginning of the Titan Sports diary with panix and Nevermore. Can we look for this to be cranked into gear anytime soon?

[QUOTE=DocStevens;234523]Although my writing style may be different, your diary has given me the push to get back into it and hopefully my 1993 diary will last as long as yours did and if it is even half as popular I will be happy! Again great work and look forward to talking with you on the boards![/QUOTE] I have no doubt your diary will be an overwhelming success buddy. You've made a great start and have a strong fanbase already. Good luck. [QUOTE=SHaynes23;234572]Hey man, I really enjoyed reading this and I'm sad to see it go, but if you are having a better time with out it then that's good for you...just do what feels right to you, we can all respect that choice. I'm glad your sticking around, I really enjoy all the feedback you leave in my dynasties, so good luck with whatever you choose to do next.[/QUOTE] Thanks man. Now I'm back (for now, at least) I will get back to posting on other peoples diaries just like before. Thank you for reading, thanks for the support and all the best with your diary. [QUOTE=sebsy;234590]Keefy, :( be a shame for such a well written diary to slip away but all good things have to end some time. As said just do what's best for you, you won't be letting anyone down at all by stopping the diary, it will just be a loss for us. I've no doubt you'll come back with something at the very least, as good as this, if not even better. Take Care, Sebsy :)[/QUOTE] Cheers bud. Because I don't have it in me to do the sensible thing and stay away from diaries, we will be getting the Titans diary underway soon, so I will be around and offering my flashes of creativity. Thanks for your support, well done on your diary for what is a very tough topic and hopefully I'll see you on here again if it ever gets started up again! [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;234781]keef, again as much as all of us would like for you to continue. You have to make that decision that is best for you. Sounds like you have. As much as I am going to miss your diary. I look forward to your posts on here in other threads. You know that you input is always welcome in Battlelines. I look forward to the beginning of the Titan Sports diary with panix and Nevermore. Can we look for this to be cranked into gear anytime soon?[/QUOTE] Thanks for the support. I do ultimately have to do what is in my best interests and I thik this is it. As for Titans, I am updating my part of the data now (alignments, gimmicks etc for WCW), will send it to Nevvy to do the same and then we will be up and away again. And without this diary, it will get all my diary writing attention, so hopefully I can take WCW to new levels. Thanks to everyone for reading and supporting and I| look forward to speaking to you all just as regularly as I am now!

hopefully the fact that i don't mind doing all the graphic stuff and we are taking the Titans diary at a leisurely pace will make it something that will not become chore-like! Im keen to make sure theres not too much work invloved for either of you guys. I don't mind doing it myself, because as just about anybody on these boards will tell you, i dont have a life!

I booked King Of The Ring last night so jusy have to finish off writing it up, then I can post it. In what I thought was quite a touching and fitting moment for perhaps my final ever show, both Road Dogg and Jeff "I Heart Tardiness" Hardy were late. I think I may just release the Dogg and suspend Jeff for a while, which is a shame as I had a great storyline ready for him and Matt if I ever came back to this.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;235231] In what I thought was quite a touching and fitting moment for perhaps my final ever show, both Road Dogg and Jeff "I Heart Tardiness" Hardy were late. I think I may just release the Dogg and suspend Jeff for a while, which is a shame as I had a great storyline ready for him and Matt if I ever came back to this.[/QUOTE] No reason to do that. Just leave them be and then if you come back you can have a full roster to work with!

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][I]Perhaps for the last time ever... or at least for a while...[/I] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/MontrealToAttitude.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/PPV/KingOfTheRing-1.jpg[/IMG] Live from the Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts in front of a sold out crowd of 30,000. [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/FleetCenterAndZakimBridge20040729.jpg[/IMG] A video is played firstly hyping the King Of The Ring tournaments history; showing previous winners like Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Mabel (only kidding!), with the tag line of “King Of The Ring breeds champions- champions breed legends.” Following this, a video is aired about the upcoming Hell in a Cell match, and then the WWF Championship main event.[/CENTER] Following the videos and pyrotechnics, the camera panned the crowd until it settles on the commentary team for the night, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. [B]JR: [/B]The FleetCenter in Boston, Massachusetts is hot and piping as the WWF rolls into town for a night that is about more than just titles- it’s personal. [B]King:[/B] Oh no doubt, JR, no doubt at all. Just two titles on the line tonight and even they are personal as they get, but lets forget JR… the ominous structure above our heads. [B]JR:[/B] Good lord, King, for only the second time in history we will see a Hell in a Cell match, and I have a bad feeling about this. [B]King:[/B] It’s gonna be great! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Rock makes his way down to the ring ahead of his semi-finals match, and grabs a mike once he is there. [B]Rock: [/B]Finally, The Rock gets the chance at proving to the world that he is the very best that the company has to offer when he is crowned the 1998 King Of The Ring. But that’s not all- not only does The Rock guaran-damn-tee he will be King Of The Ring, but he guaran-damn-tees that by the end of next months PPV, Fully Loaded, The Rock will be the World Wrestling Federation Champion! If ya smeeeeellllllllllllllllllll…. What The Rock…. Is cookin’! [B]King:[/B] Wow! That’s huge JR! Rocky guarantees he’s gonna be the champion in a months time! After Taz has made his way down to the ring, snarling and spitting as usual, they await Goldust. But instead they hear… [B]JR:[/B] What the hell is this? The Rock is already in the ring? After a moment of waiting, Goldust walks down to the ring, this time as The GoldRock, complete with painted on sideburns and eyebrow. He gets in the ring and grabs a microphone. [B]Goldust:[/B] So… Rocky… you think you’re gonna win the King Of The Ring, huh? [B]Rock: [/B]You’re damn r… [B]Goldust:[/B] IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! [I]The crowd pops[/I] [B]Goldust: [/B]The GoldRock says… [I]The Rock mouths the word “GoldRock” as The King laughs at his latest name[/I] [B]Goldust:[/B] That the People’s Champion is gonna walk in to the FleetCenter, gonna take the crown and sceptre that you want to dearly, shine it up real nice, and stick it straight up your candy ass! And Taztepher, you know that if it was any other I would lay down and take everything everything you want to give me… but tonight will forever be known as the night of The GoldRock! If ya smeeeelllll… GoldRock gets stopped half way through by a punch to the face from The Rock, and the match is underway. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]King Of The Ring Semi Final Triple Threat Match[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="6"][B]The Rock vs “The Human Suplex Machine” Taz vs The GoldRock[/B][/SIZE] The unique Goldust once again was his usual tricks, which not only put The Rock off his style, but also Taz, who many thought would be able to deal with it following tagging with him. There was absolutely no double teaming between the Tag Team Champions as Taz took his usual physical approach to the extreme in an attempt to get to the King Of The Ring Final. However, the match ended when The Rock clotheslined Taz out of the ring, and followed this by nailing Goldust with a Rock Bottom and picked up the victory. [B]Winner: The Rock in 10:03 Rating: A[/B][/CENTER] After the match, as The Rock walks back to the locker room, Taz is visibly angry with Goldust getting pinned, and shoves him to the ground, seemingly just adding to the conflict between the champions. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Backstage, Michael Cole is standing by with Marcus Bagwell. Bagwell insists that while normal people could be content with a loss against an athlete of the calibre of Shamrock’s ability, but not him. He knows that a victory against Shamrock will be the springboard that will turn him into a credible World Wrestling Federation Champion contender. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]King Of The Ring Semi Final[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]“The Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam vs Triple H[/SIZE][/B] The ever impressive RVD took the match to the Degenerate from the off with a flurry of "educated feet" kicks, but Triple H had enough in him to fight him off and take his technical-power game to Royal extremes. Triple H looked as intense as he has ever done with his stiff Spinebuster nearly breaking RVD in half. However, the end of the match came when the helmet guy remerged from the crowd and nailed Triple H with a steel chair as he went for a Pedigree, allowing Rob Van Dam to hit the Five Star Frog Splash and pick up the shocking win, probably the biggest in his career. [B]Winner: Rob Van Dam after 10:57 Rating: A[/B][/CENTER] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jim Cornette had an interview with Dutch Mantell with Hell’s Henchmen standing menacingly behind him. He claimed that the reason he got the Henchmen’s help was they are the real men in wrestling, men who work hard and are in good shape and are desperate to make names for themselves, not like guys like D’Lo Brown and Mabel who are nothing but a stain on the underwear of professional wrestling. A video is then played showing Cornette’s recent hatred for Lo Down, followed by the Henchmen’s assault on them. [CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]Hell’s Henchmen (Bradshaw & Faarooq) w/Jim Cornette vs Lo Down (D’Lo Brown & Mabel)[/SIZE][/B] Physicality personified. D’Lo was bloodied by a stiff Bradshaw punch after seconds. Even though Lo Down put up one hell of a fight, it seems only fitting the match ended after a Dominator by Faarooq on D’Lo. [B]Winners: Hell’s Henchmen in 7:56 Rating: B[/B][/CENTER] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Backstage, Stone Cold Steve Austin arrives in a pick up truck and walks to his locker room to a huge pop, ignoring Dutch Mantell’s request for an interview. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Meanwhile Vince McMahon is standing by with the rest of The Alliance in a dark room, with all four men looking down on the camera. [B]Vince:[/B] Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the King Of The Ring; the start of a new era in the World Wrestling Federation. This era is not one to celebrate, but more one to commiserate. This era is darker, and far more evil than before, but most importantly one that will be dominated by myself and The Alliance. Mankind, Michaels, Austin, DX, they are all parasites on my company. I built this company from a regional nothing to a global phenomenon with my bare hands, and tonight is the first night where I regain control. After The Undertaker puts Mankind through hell, and after we have a new WWF Champion, things will not be the same again. A new era of fear and hatred has been born. I will kill the WWF in the same way amputating a leg can stop infection from spreading. The World Wrestling Federation is about to die so I, Vince McMahon, can once again have a 100% controlling interest in it. All courtesy of The Alliance. Mick, Shawn, Steve… have a nice day… ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Bra & Panties Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]Sunny vs Sable[/SIZE][/B] Even their great chemistry and the potential for great Jerry Lawler quotes couldn’t bring me to write anything for this match. Sable won when she stripped Sunny to her bra and panties, whilst Sable kept on her top. [B]Winner: Sable in 3:09 Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER] Sable grabs a microphone. [B]Sable:[/B] Now I know you boys didn’t all come to not see me in my bra panties, so I’m gonna do this for all the girls that want to be me… and all the men that came to see me… Sable then does the “Sable grind” as she takes off her top to reveal perhaps the skimpiest bra ever seen. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Triple H is in the DX locker room, pacing up and down furiously. He insists The Rock is to blame for the masked man’s assaults, so will interrupt the KOTR final and teach him a lesson. However, HBK tells him that if he interrupts one of the biggest matches of the year will do nothing for his title prospects. And besides, Michaels has more to worry about right now- the opportunity at being crowned the World Wrestling Federation Champion! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]“The Stuff” Marcus Bagwell vs “The Worlds Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock[/SIZE][/B] Unfortunately the match suffered from a lack of chemistry, even though the crowd were pretty into it. Despite Bagwell’s c0ckiness and bravado, he can be a great performer and looked as intense as he’s ever been, but that counts for little against perhaps the most intense wrestler in history. Shamrock took the match to Bagwell and despite his best attempts, Bagwell tapped out to Shamrock’s dreaded Anklelock. [B]Winner: Ken Shamrock in 10:57 Rating: B-[/B][/CENTER] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A graphic is then shown on screen to say the WWF Intercontinental Title match is up next, which is accompanied by a video highlighting Jarrett’s jerk-like personality and disregard for everyone who isn’t him or Terri, and Shane McMahon gallantly standing up to him physically, despite being a man in power. [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]No Disqualification Match for the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Title[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]Jeff Jarrett (c) w/ Terri & “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes vs "The Mac Daddy" Shane McMahon[/SIZE][/B] Jarrett seemed worried about this upcoming match, as even though he is a man in power McMahon can have a bonafide mean streak. The weapons came thick and fast as Jarrett resorted to dirty tactics but Shane O’Mac wouldn’t be stopped, seemingly seeing this as his destiny. Dusty kept interjecting himself, much to the distain of JR, but found himself the recipient of a Flying Elbow Drop through the announcers table for his troubles. However, whilst this ruled Dusty out of the equation, it took enough out of McMahon Jr to allow Jarrett the advantage, one of which he appeared to use to win the match with the Figure Four, only for Shane to gallantly battle out of it. The two warriors battled down the entrance ramp and to the staging area, where Shane crushed Jarrett’s skull with four sick chairshots. The champion reeled backwards and fell off the stage, leaving him prone to a pinfall. However, Shane refused, instead choosing to climb the titantron. The crowd cheered as he leapt 45 feet down towards Jarrett, but only to see the champ roll out of the way in time for Shane to crash and burn. Jarrett put an arm over Shane to pick up the hard fought battle. [B]Winner: Jeff Jarrett in 11:39 Rating: B[/B][/CENTER] After the match the paramedics rush to the staging area to attend to Shane. Shane doesn’t move from the moment he hit the floor and he is strapped to a stretcher which is loaded immediately onto an ambulance. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A graphic is shown on screen to say the King Of The Ring final is next, followed by the same King Of The Ring video at the start of the pay-per-view. Michael Cole is standing by with Rob Van Dam ahead of the biggest match of his career. [B]Cole:[/B] Rob, you are minutes from the biggest match in your career. Your thoughts? [B]RVD:[/B] Cole, simply put, tonight you will see the Whole Dam Show prove exactly why he is called Mr PPV, and why after tonight I will be known as Mr King Of The Ring. The Rock may be the People’s Champion, but he ‘aint got a chance against me… R….............V….............D [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]King Of The Ring 1998 Final[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]"The Whole Dam Show" Rob Van Dam vs The Rock[/SIZE][/B] An unusual choice for King Of The Ring Final, as both men are of the heel alignment. None the less, both men have their fan bases and still managed to get into the match. Neither resorted to cheap tactics as they did everything in their power to prove why they deserve to be the next in the line of previous winners. Eventually The Rock put RVD away with a Rock Bottom and People’s Elbow, despite RVD’s best high-flying efforts. [B]Winner and the 1998 King Of The Ring: The Rock in 13:38 Rating: A[/B][/CENTER] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Owen Hart is backstage, warming up and totally focused on the match ahead, sure that tonight could be the biggest match of his life. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dutch Mantell is backstage with the King Of The Ring, The Rock [B]Dutch: [/B]Rocky, you… [B]Rock:[/B] Whoa, Dutch, know your role and shut your mouth! The Rock is the 1998 King Of The Ring damn it, and will be known as King Rock from now on. And to prove that King Rock really is as royal as he says he is, tomorrow night will be the coronation of the 1998 King Of The Ring! King Rock is on his way to immortality, and it’s too late for jabroni’s like you, Dutch, to jump on the bandwagon, if you smell what King Rock is cookin’? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ A graphic is shown on the screen to say the Hell in a Cell match is up next, which is followed by a video hyping the feud that has escalated to phenomenally brutal heights. [B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]Hell in a Cell Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]“Lord Of Darkness” The Undertaker vs Mankind[/SIZE][/B] Wow. Just wow. No doubt people will regard this as one of the greatest matches ever. Before the match even began Mankind scurried to the top of the Cell, and was hastily chased up there by ‘Taker. After a brief flurry of punches, The Undertaker grabbed Mankind by the tights and through him from the top of the cell, crashing through the Spanish announcers table. JR and the King apologised for the shortness of the match as Foley was helped to the back. However, this was not how Mankind wanted this to go down, as he got off the gurney and began climbing the steel structure to meet The Undertaker once again. In his battered state, Mankind was no answer to the new, even more evil Lord Of Darkness, who Chokelslammed him onto the top of the cell, which promptly gave way as Mankind fell to the mat. EMT’s rushed to the ring to ring as Undertaker looked on, possibly even shocked at what he had just seen. Blood rushed from Foley’s mouth as The Undertaker jumped down, and started beating on Foley’s friend Terry Funk who had tried to bargain with the Deadman. Mankind’s mask was alleviated from his face while he was seemingly unconscious, but The Undertaker would have nothing to do with it. He beat away the paramedics one by one, leaving himself alone with Mankind. He tried to have his way with him, but the heart and resilience of Mankind shown through like never before as he shockingly battled through, despite suffering from a concussion, dislocated shoulder and a lost tooth. He rolled out of the ring and took the match to the Extreme, as the chairs, tables, ring steps et al were used as weapons. With thumbtacks brought in the ring, Mankind attempted a Double Arm DDT, but The Undertaker revered it into a Chokeslam. The referee made the count, but somehow the psychotic one kicked out, leaving The Undertaker frustrated. However, before the Deadman could destroy Mankind any further, Foley leapt on his back and applied the Mandible Claw. He really stuck it in as ‘Taker began to lose consciousness, but gained a second wind as he leapt backwards, crushing Mankind between the Deadman and the tacks. He then turned Mankind upside down and Tombstoned him, head first, into the thumbtacks, to pick up the brutal victory. [B]Winner: The Undertaker after 25:49 Rating: A*[/B][/CENTER] After the match the EMT’s rush to ringside to attend to Mankind, and try to help him onto a stretcher. However, Foley refuses, and walks to the back to a standing ovation, backing up his claim that he wouldn’t be kept down. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Backstage Kane is walking in a dark red lighted room with Paul Bearer following behind. From what we can tell, Kane appears to be focused, as Bearer smiles evilly behind, seemingly confident that his son will be crowned the WWF Champion later tonight. A graphic is shown on screen to say the WWF Championship match is up next, followed by the accompanying video showing the past between Kane and Austin, and even more so Michaels and Hart. [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Fatal Fourway Match for the World Wrestling Federation Championship[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="6"]Kane vs “Black Hart” Owen Hart vs “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (c)[/SIZE][/B] The team of Owen Hart and Kane immediately worked together to try and eliminate the ultra-popular duo of Michaels and Austin. The teaming lasted for a while, and even though Michaels and Austin did get offence in, and at once even shockingly teamed up to take out Kane, the match seemed to be going to one of two men. In fact, this caused The Alliance's downfall. When HBK and Stone Cold were out of comission, Owen turned on his "partner" and tried to hit the offence, even attempting a Sharpshooter, however, found himself dancing to the tune of Sweet Chin Music for his troubles. Michaels then attempted an Elbow Drop on Kane, but the Big Red Machine sat up, and nailed him with a Chokeslam. Owen then ran in and clotheslined him over the top rope, only to turn into a Stone Cold Stunner! [B]Winner: Stone Cold Steve Austin in 16:41 Rating: A*[/B][/CENTER] After the match, McMahon sneaks up behind Austin with a steel chair and swings at him. However, Austin steps aside and turns to face McMahon. McMahon performs the infamous “Gulp Of Doom” as Austin took the chair off him and after looking out to a cheering crowd, swung the chair at McMahon’s head and knocking him down in one shot. McMahon bled profusely as Austin belt the belt and chair above his head with one foot on McMahon, triumphantly. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [B]Final rating: A*, [/B]it should have increased our popularity.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nice show, and one thing I can say, is that you were clearly going to push Owen Hart as World Champ one day soon, and the fact you didn't do it in this post, makes me hope you will come back to this diary and keep it going at least until Hart wins.

[QUOTE=sebsy;235852]Nice show, and one thing I can say, is that you were clearly going to push Owen Hart as World Champ one day soon, and the fact you didn't do it in this post, makes me hope you will come back to this diary and keep it going at least until Hart wins.[/QUOTE] Funnily enough, that is one of the main reasons for why I want to carry on. Along with my amazing support. Who I must say are coming out in their drones after that last show... :p Thanks for the feedback sebsy.

I really enjoyed the show especially The Rock getting over and winning the KOTR which I know you did just for me, ok maybe you didn't but hey it shouldn't good! I will also say that for the first time I actually was entertained by the Goldust character as he became GoldRock. That was pretty funny! Strong finish to an excellent diary and you leave yourself plenty of room to pick it up down the road if you want. Well done!

Well done my friend. If this is in fact the end of this great diary, then you have definitely finished on a high note. But on the other hand if you decide to pick it up again in the future then you have held true to your plans and left yourself with ample storyline avenues. Again great PPV.

That was a great 'final' show my man. Keeping the hiac match pretty much exactly how it happened in real life is a smart move because thats the match that probably made mankind a out and out star, instead of a 'just there' type of guy. As for owen not winning :D a good thing, as said above, if it makes you come back to the diary, im all for it :)

Archived