World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude

What a way to rewrite history mate and I loved it. Kane as the face and Taker as the heel. Kane returning from the dead instead of Undertaker. Loved it. I've always been a fan of Kane and don't think he became the star he probably should have. Adding Kane to the equation and it makes predicting the WWF Champions even harder. I actually could be anyone and it just makes the event that bit more special. The moment's of 98 countdown is a nice fun feature to add in there and helps fresh our memory over what has been a teriffic year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=totti;812720]What a way to rewrite history mate and I loved it. Kane as the face and Taker as the heel. Kane returning from the dead instead of Undertaker. Loved it. I've always been a fan of Kane and don't think he became the star he probably should have. Adding Kane to the equation and it makes predicting the WWF Champions even harder. I actually could be anyone and it just makes the event that bit more special. The moment's of 98 countdown is a nice fun feature to add in there and helps fresh our memory over what has been a teriffic year.[/QUOTE] Cheers mate, really appreciate the feedback. Thank you. It's good to know that someone is still reading! Sorry for the lack of updates with this, I've been crazily busy at the moment. I'm also sorry to the likes of Trsitram, Totti etc who I would normally be leaving feedback on their diaries but just not been able to recently. Hopefully I can catch up sometime soon. Anyway, here is the predictions for the Rumble, hopefully I can find more time for this soon. And so you know, anyone who is listed like Finlay/RVD it means that one or the other will participate. [CENTER][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/rumbleowen.jpg[/img] [B][SIZE="7"]PREVIEW[/SIZE][/B] [b]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/b] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac plus FOUR shocking entrants! [i]And so… it has come to this. Since Owen Hart was shockingly stripped of the WWF Title during the last Raw of 1998 we have been unable to crown a new WWF Champion, with the compromise being the title will be on the line in the Rumble for the first time since 1992! With only Shawn Michaels and Triple H guaranteed of their number (1 and 2 respectively) it is anyone’s match with the opportunity of the lifetime. The World Wrestling Federation Title has never been quite so open for a champion and with four mystery guests included in the Rumble match we are guaranteed a shock![/i] [b]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/b] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. “Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam [i]The feud between the hottest young star in the company and the undefeated Intercontinental Title is becoming one of the most heated in recent history. With the winner progressing to the Royal Rumble match, as well as the stipulation of whether RVD gets another title shot on the line as well, who will be able to give it the most and win against the odds?[/i] [b]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/b] The Brood © vs. Hardy Boyz [i]Nobody quite expected The Brood to be champions so early in their WWF career but, guided by Gangrel, they managed it in just two months. The Hardy Boyz have become amongst the most popular people on the roster, but do the young Carolinian’s have enough to win back the titles?[/i] [b]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/b] Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. vs. Lance Storm © [i]Lance Storm has proven himself to be quite the European Champion, winning fans while bringing prestige to the title. Sir Desmond, on the other hand, has chosen the path less followed as his unusual antics have propelled him to European Title level. With the gold on the line and only one man able to walk out as champion, who has the extra to grab the gold?[/i] [b]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/b] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. “Braveheart” Dougie Williams © [i]The popular Scottish Champion will never have seen a challenge like this. In his way to regaining the gold are three aggressive Japanese superstars hell bent on winning back the Light-Heavyweight Title. Hayashi lost the gold back in December on Raw and Williams has proven to be a great champion, but surely even he can’t beat 3 team members in one match, can he?[/i] [b]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/b] Ivory vs. Sable [i]The Women’s Title has finally found a place on WWF programming again. Sable and Ivory have been at each others throats for months and it will all come to an end as one woman walks out with the newly re-established Women’s Title around her waist[/i] [B][SIZE="3"]PREDICTIONS[/SIZE][/B] [b]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/b] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? [b]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/b] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. “Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam [b]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/b] The Brood © vs. Hardy Boyz [b]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/b] Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. vs. Lance Storm © [b]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/b] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. “Braveheart” Dougie Williams [b]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/b] Ivory vs. Sable[/CENTER]

[B][U]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/U][/B] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. [B]The Rock[/B] vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? [B][U]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/U][/B] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. “Whole Dam Show” [B]Rob Van Dam[/B] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/U][/B] [B]The Brood[/B] © vs. Hardy Boyz [B][U]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/U][/B] Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. vs.[B] Lance Storm[/B] © [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/U][/B] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. [B]“Braveheart” Dougie Williams[/B] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/U][/B] [B]Ivory [/B]vs. Sable

This is going to be one epic show mate. Great work building to it. 30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. [B]Stone Cold Steve Austin[/B] vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? [I]Looking at those question marks it makes me think that somebody from WCW could be on there way in, but as I have no idea at all about who it could be, if anyone, i'll stick with a current WWF guy. This is probably one of the toughest matches i've ever predicted. You've booked so many people strongly and with Wrestlemania coming up i'd expect this person to hold the belt until then which is when i'm thinking The Rock will become Champion. For that reason i'm going to have to go with Austin. Those two have been at each other's throats for weeks which smells to me like slow build towards a mega match at Mania.[/I] Royal Rumble Qualification Match “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. [B]“Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam[/B] [I]From what I can remember Finlay is looking stronger out of the two recently and with the title shot stipulation thrown in there I think RVD needs the win to keep the feud going.[/I] World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles [B]The Brood ©[/B] vs. Hardy Boyz [I]A solid win here for The Brood would help them against a team who have been Champions before. They could use a strong reign given they won the belts so early.[/I] World Wrestling Federation European Title [B]Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq.[/B] vs. Lance Storm © [I]Great gimmick you gave to D'lo. You could have just released him, but i'm glad you managed to breath new life into him. I'll take a title challenge here, however much I do like Storm.[/I] World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. [B]“Braveheart” Dougie Williams[/B] [I]I'm thinking that the challengers will get too competitive and want the belt for themselves which would be the perfect scenario for Williams. [/I] World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title [B]Ivory[/B] vs. Sable [I]Ivory is probably the stronger wrestler so i'll go with her. I like that your building a womens division though, but i'm just not sure how much time there will be for it on an already jam packed two hour show.[/I]

30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. [B]Stone Cold Steve Austin[/B] vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? Royal Rumble Qualification Match “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. [B]“Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam[/B] World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles [B]The Brood[/B] © vs. Hardy Boyz World Wrestling Federation European Title [B]Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq.[/B] vs. Lance Storm © World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. [B]“Braveheart” Dougie Williams[/B] World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title Ivory vs. [B]Sable[/B]

[B]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/B] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. [B]Shane McMahon[/B] vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? -Maybe, but just for the banter of course! :D he could win by accident! [B]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/B] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. [B]“Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam[/B] [B]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/B] The Brood © vs. [B]Hardy Boyz[/B] [B]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/B] Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. vs. [B]Lance Storm ©[/B] [B]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/B] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. [B]“Braveheart” Dougie Williams[/B] [B]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/B] [B]Ivory[/B] vs. Sable

[QUOTE=keefmoon;822974] [B][SIZE="3"]PREDICTIONS[/SIZE][/B] [b]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/b] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? [b]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/b] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. “Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam [b]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/b] The Brood © vs. Hardy Boyz [b]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/b] Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. vs. Lance Storm © [b]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/b] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. “Braveheart” Dougie Williams [b]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/b] Ivory vs. Sable[/CENTER][/QUOTE] My predictions... The Undertaker Rob Van Dam Hardys Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq. because with that name he should win. :D Tajiri Ivory

[CENTER][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/rumbleowen.jpg[/img] [B][SIZE="7"]PRE-SHOW[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Reyes Rios Rodrigues & Essa Aguila vs. Sgt. Slaughter & Doink The Clown[/SIZE][/B] The usual pay-per-view pre-show opens up with the return of the two legends who competed in the Royal Rumble Qualification match on Raw against two of the hottest young high flying prospects in the world. The legends ensured a good crowd but the youngsters had the age on their side to pick up the win following a Moonsault from Aguila. [B]Winners: Essa Aguila & Reyes Rios Rogrigues in 4:20[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We cut backstage where Shane McMahon arrives in quite an extravagant stretch limousine, complete with Test by his side as well as handlers and people carrying his bags. He walks in to the arena where he is stopped by The Acolytes. [B]Faarooq:[/B] Yo, Shane-O, we need to talk. [B]Shane:[/B] You know what, guys, I’ve got a lot of prep… [B]Bradshaw: [/B]We ‘aint gonna waste too much of your time, but we got something that you really are gonna have to answer for. [B]Shane:[/B] Sure. Hit me. [B]Bradshaw:[/B] What the hell’s the deal with this big muscle head you got as a bodyguard? Last time I checked we were the guys watching your back. You aren’t getting scared that you ‘aint got the grapefruits to get the job done, are you? [B]Shane:[/B] I’m offended you even think that, guys. I know that The Alliance will get the job done tonight, and I know you are the right guys to watch the back for The Alliance. The thing is- I’m a businessman. I’ve gotta account for all possibilities. And you guys are gonna have enough on watching the backs of the whole Alliance; I need someone who is personally there to make sure I’m okay. I’m a very powerful man these days. And while you will play a role tonight, guys, I’ve got a feeling that my man Test here might have a role to play as well. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m a very important person and have important things to be dealing with. For example, I’ve got one hell of a revelation to come that is going to shock the wrestling world. I guarantee it… ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Fatal Fourway Match to Qualify for the Royal Rumble Match[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Bagwell vs. Mike Quackenbush vs. Christian vs. “Innovator of Violence” Tommy Dreamer[/SIZE][/B] This one really is the last chance for people to get in to the Royal Rumble. 29 slots are taken; this really is the only way to find yourself in the Royal Rumble match tonight. Bagwell is his usual arrogant self which leads to him getting pretty much destroyed with a sneaky kendo stick shot from Dreamer behind the referee’s back, but it’s Christian who qualifies for the Rumble on his third opportunity following an Elbow Drop on The Quack. [B]Winner: Christian in 6:22[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Shane McMahon is just about to make it to his dressing room when he is stopped by Michael Cole. [B]Cole: [/B]Mr McMahon, can I have a word? [B]Shane: [/B]No you can’t, Michael. I have to say, your presence in the Battle Royal was quite unexpected, and I don’t like that kind of attitude out of my interviewers. You are paid to talk, and you aren’t even very good at that. But as it’s your job, I’ll give you a scoop. You see, I just loved seeing The Rock and Steve Austin getting all high and mighty patting each others backs and kissing each others asses for neither of them joining The Alliance. Real sweet stuff. But what no-one knows is what happened after the show. One of those two men came up to me and they told me they wanted in on my plan. One of The Rock and Steve Austin have told me that they want my help and tonight they will walk out as The Alliance’s WWF Champion, and no-one is gonna see it coming. This is one of the biggest nights in WWF history and it’s going to end with the mother of all shocks. Austin always says “don’t trust anyone”, but who is the one who shouldn’t be trusted? [B]Cole:[/B] So, Mr McMahon, are you saying that either The Rock or Stone Cold have joined The Alliance? Shane just smiles at Michael Cole and gradually walks off in to the distance, clearly pleased with his work. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The main show is just moments away, but before we cut to that we have a video hyping tonight’s huge main event. For the first time in 7 years the WWF Title will be on the line in the Royal Rumble, only one man can walk out with the title out of the 30 entrants. We see the controversy surrounding The Rock, Steve Austin and Owen Hart, we see the tension building between Shawn Michaels and Triple H, we see clips of Terry Funk’s announcement that this will be his last ever match, we see Shane McMahon firing Jerry “The King” Lawler and taking out Roddy Piper, we see Linda announcing the title will be on the line and we see everything Shane McMahon has tried to ensure he stays on top, only for Kane to shockingly return last Monday night after having been burned alive by his brother The Undertaker. [SIZE="4"][I][CENTER]60 minutes… 30 men… 1 WWF Champion.[/CENTER][/I][/SIZE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [I]For those who haven't predicted yet there is still time, the actual show itself won't be up for a couple of days, but I've got to warn you, it's quite a long one, even by my excessive standards... :D[/I]

[B][U]30 Man Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/U][/B] Al Snow vs. Bagwell/Mike Quackenbush/Christian/Tommy Dreamer vs. Billy Gunn vs. Bradshaw vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Chyna vs. Droz vs. Faarooq vs. Finlay/Rob Van Dam vs. Funaki vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kane vs. Mankind vs. Owen Hart vs. Road Dogg vs. The Future: Sean Morgan vs. Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Taka Michinoku vs. Tazz vs. Terry Funk vs. The Rock vs. [B]The Undertaker[/B] vs. Triple H vs. X-Pac vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? [i]- More hope than expectation, just really been digging 'Taker recently. There are at least eight guys that can realistically win it though, and I think all have their positives. Also looking forward to the ???s, hoping for a couple of bizarre ones![/i] [B][U]Royal Rumble Qualification Match[/U][/B] “Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs. [B]“Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam[/B] [i]- Can't see RVD getting blocked from the second tier title when that's the exact level he's at.[/i] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/U][/B] The Brood © vs. [b]Hardy Boyz[/b] [i]- I mark for The Hardys; sue me :p[/i] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/U][/B] [B]Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq.[/B] vs. Lance Storm © [i]- D'Lo Brown. European Title. It's just natural.[/i] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title Match[/U][/B] Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. [B]“Braveheart” Dougie Williams[/B] [i]- Tajiri might be cool, since he's one of the most underused guys to have passed through the 'E in real life, but Williams is doing a great job right now.[/i] [B][U]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/U][/B] [B]Ivory[/B] vs. Sable [i]- She's much better. Much better. Sable can probably head up the card more though, away from the title, managing someone a touch higher.[/i] And Shane hasn't spoken to Rock or Austin; it's all mind games! Mind games, I tells ya!

[CENTER][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/rumbleowen.jpg[/img][/CENTER] Live from the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California in front of a crowd of 14,800 The crowd are of course treated to a huge pyrotechnic display, and after the camera has finished panning the crowd full of screaming fans and brightly coloured sings it settles on the announce team for tonight; “Good Ol’ JR” Jim Ross and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. [B]JR: [/B]The fans here in the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California are on their feet in anticipation for the 1999 Royal Rumble! Hello everybody, I’m Jim Ross alongside Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and tonight, Brain, we’ve got a huge night in store, but nothing’s bigger than the 30 Man Royal Rumble match to crown the new WWF Champion. [B]Heenan: [/B]Sixty minutes; thirty men; one WWF Champion. Tonight is quite simply the biggest night in WWF history as the top hameneggers in this industry will all enter that ring in front of us tonight and attempt to become the champion. It really doesn’t come any bigger than this! [B]JR:[/B] Indeed it doesn’t. Who is going to be champion by the end of the night? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/Game-Face/danielschamp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/Game-Face/devonchamp.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JeffHardy-2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/MattHardy.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]The Brood © w/Gangrel vs. Hardy Boyz[/SIZE][/B] It might still be early in their career but The Brood already are getting quite a lot of heat from the crowd. The Hardy Boyz of course have a huge following but the relative newcomers dominate a lot of the match with the Hardy Boyz trying to battle a way in however they can. Gangrel interjects himself on several occasions, at one point getting in the ring with a steel chair, only for Jeff Hardy to kick it back in his face and turn his attention to Christopher Daniels. He reverses a Last Rites attempt and takes Daniels down, but misses with a Swanton Bomb attempt, allowing Devon Covell to enter the ring and plant him with an Inverted DDT to bring this fast paced, action packed opener to an end. [B]Winners and still WWF Tag Team Champions: The Brood in 9:00[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Terry Funk is backstage, warming up ahead of his last ever match when Mankind walks in. [B]Mankind:[/B] Hey, Terry. [B]Funk[/B]: Hey, Mick, how’s it goin’? [B]Mankind: [/B]Good. Look, good luck with the match tonight. It’s your last ever so go out there and show the fans exactly what it is you do. [B]Funk:[/B] Thanks. I might be getting’ on, but this old timer still dreams and it would be great to beat the other 29 men and walk out WWF Champion for the first time. [B]Mankind:[/B] It would be nice, but Funker, I want the title too. I’ve never been champion and it’s a great opportunity. So as much as I want you to go out on a high tonight, I want the title and it’s every man for himself. I’m not gonna go easy. [B]Funk:[/B] I wouldn’t have it any other way, brutha. May the best man win. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][SIZE="3"]#3 Moment of 1998[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]“The Austin Era has begun”[/SIZE][/B] Wrestlemania XIV may go down as the biggest ‘Mania in history. A jam packed card gave the rabid fans everything they wanted to see, but the Wrestlemania moment that will live on long in the memories of the fans was Stone Cold Steve Austin overcoming the odds to win his Triple Threat match with Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels to become the WWF Champion for the first time. As Jim Ross so astutely put it: “The Austin Era has begun!” ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The camera cuts backstage where we see Kevin Kelly with Stone Cold Steve Austin. [B]Kelly:[/B] Steve, we just saw that you winning the title at last years Wrestlemania was voted as the third best moment of 1998, but what would it mean to you to win the title again tonight? [B]Austin:[/B] What kind of a stupid ass question is that? What would it mean to me to win the title? Well I probably wouldn’t give a crap. What are you, an idiot? Haven’t you seen that every day since I got in this company I’ve busted my ass to get the damn title belt? [B]Kelly:[/B] Well, what is your plan for winning the title tonight then? [B]Austin:[/B] Well, I’m thinking I’m gonna go out there and drink one beer… two beers… three beers… four beers… a bottle of Jack Daniels… five beers… eat a few hot dogs… six beers… eat a hamburger… seven beers… drink another bottle of Jack Daniels… then eight beers and weigh so damn much that no-one is gonna be able to throw me over the top rope. [B]Kelly:[/B] Surely you aren’t taking this match as seriously as you should? [B]Austin: [/B]Is little boy piss-pants really telling me that I ‘aint taking this seriously? Well, hell, I’ll change my plan then. I’ll go out there, I’ll watch each of the 29 sons of bitches walk down to the ring, I’ll open the biggest can of whoop ass you’ve ever seen and throw the 29 sons of bitches over the top rope and win the WWF Title, and that’s the bottom line… Stone Cold stops dead in his tracks as he looks away from the camera, just staring. [B]Austin:[/B] What the hell you lookin’ at? The camera zooms back to see The Rock stood behind the Rattlesnake. [B]Rock: [/B]What does The Rock want? What does The Rock want? The Rock wants to say FINALLY…. THE ROCK… HAS COME BACK… TO ANAHEIM! Austin: Don’t be tellin’ old Stone Cold that you had your beady little eyes locked on me just to run through your same old crap, Rocky. Rock: Stone Cold Steve Austin, you are right. You are right that is not all The Rock wanted to say. The Rock wanted to say that he heard you talking, but uh-uh, it just isn’t going to go down like that. You see, how it will go down tonight is there will be 29 jabroni’s in the ring, kissing each others asses, stroking each others nipples, touching each other in that… special way… when suddenly the music hits… IF YA SMEEEEEELLLLL… and 15,000 fans jump to their feet in unison, screaming as the Great One walks down the People’s Ramp, walks in to the People’s Ring, takes the WWF Title, shines it up real nice, turns it sideways and sticks it up aaaaall their candy asses! Then one by one The Rock will throw them out of the ring to the floor until there is just The Rock… and you, Stone Cold Steve Austin. You see, The Rock respects you, Steve, and The Rock thinks you are as good as anyone in the world, but tonight is not your night. Tonight is The Rock’s night as The Rock is going to take your bald headed candy ass and throw you over the top rope to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion, IF YA… [B]Kelly:[/B] So does that mean it is you who has joined The Alliance if you are so sure you will win tonight? The Rock stops dead and turns to stare at Kevin Kelly. [B]Rock:[/B] Never… AND THE ROCK MEANS… EVER… interrupt The Rock again. You want to know if The Great One who has joined The Alliance, but perhaps you should be asking… Stone Cold Steve Austin… that question. [B]Austin:[/B] You think I’ve joined The Alliance, huh Rocky? [B]Rock:[/B] You’re damn right The Rock thinks you’ve joined The Alliance. [B]Austin:[/B] You think I’ve joined The Alliance? I thought you’d joined The Alliance! There was me thinking you have, and you thinking I have… Stone Cold starts laughing loudly, which in turn leads to The Rock laughing along as well, both men almost in hysterics, until Stone Cold Steve Austin stops dead and stares at The Rock. [B]Austin:[/B] Did I say something funny to you, Rock? I don’t give a rat’s ass whether you think I’ve joined The Alliance. You think I’m gonna tell a piece of trash like you whether I’ve joined The Alliance? I think you already know the answer to that, Rocky. But what you seem to be missin’ here is that it don’t matter ‘bout the damn Alliance. It don’t matter ‘bout damn Shane McMahon. All that matters is that I’m gonna walk out there tonight, raise more hell than you have ever seen in your life and walk out the WWF Champion… if you smell… what Stone Cold Steve Austin… is cookin’. Stone Cold walks off and leaves The Rock alone with Kevin Kelly. Rock watches him go before turning back to Kelly, who looks absolutely terrified. [B]Rock:[/B] Tonight… tonight… TONIGHT… The Rock will prove Shane McMahon wrong. The Rock will prove Steve Austin wrong. The Rock will win the big one. The Rock will win the Royal Rumble. And The Rock will win the WWF Title. And that’s the bottom line… ‘cos the Great One… said so. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Winner Enters the Royal Rumble[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/DaveFinlay.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Rob_Van_Dam5.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]The WWF Intercontinental Champion “The Fighting Irishman” Finlay vs’ “Whole Dam Show” Rob Van Dam[/SIZE][/B] For those of you who think the only match on the card with a lot on the line is the Royal Rumble, I present to you this. If RVD wins, he qualifies for the Rumble and gets an Intercontinental title shot at Finlay, but if Finlay wins he qualifies for the Rumble and RVD never gets another shot at IC gold. Finlay is obviously quite dominant in this one with his hard hitting moveset, and does everything he can to take out the legs of the high flier Van Dam. RVD has the whole crowd behind him, however, and therefore he manages to keep himself in the match throughout. Neither man can seem to get the overall advantage, with RVD missing a Frog Splash attempt but then reversing a Celtic Cross effort, but as they continue to battle it out Shawn Michaels shockingly runs down to the ring and trips RVD! What the hell?! Michaels has turned on DX! Finlay looks as shocked as anyone as HBK runs in to the ring waits for Van Dam to get back to his feet then shoves him straight back down again! The crowd boo as Tim White has no choice but to call for the bell! [B]Brain:[/B] Yes! Finally Shawn Michaels has seen sense! [B]JR: [/B]I… I’m… I’m speechless… why, Shawn, why?! [B]Howard Finkle: [/B]Here is your winner, and therefore qualifier for the Royal Rumble… by disqualification… ROB VAN DAM![/CENTER] The crowd start cheering as they realise Van Dam has qualified for the Royal Rumble, which turns in to a huge roar of approval as Van Dam kips up to his feet and hugs HBK! The DX members roll from the ring and celebrate with each other down the aisle, crotch chopping Finlay as they go! [B]JR:[/B] I don’t believe it! DX have outsmarted The Alliance! [B]Brain:[/B] This wasn’t supposed to happen! Finlay hasn’t qualified for the Rumble! [B]JR: [/B]And RVD is the number one contender to the Intercontinental Title! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We cut backstage to where Shane McMahon is walking, clearly furious. He makes it to the DX locker room and bursts in, where Triple H is stood alone. [B]Shane: [/B]Of all the pranks you and your buddies have pulled on us, this is the worst. Do you have any idea what I’ve got riding on tonight? Did you know anything about this? [B]Triple H: [/B]Not that I didn’t love seeing them get one over on you, but no, I knew nothing of it. That was Shawn and Rob’s thing. [B]Shane: [/B]Oh… they didn’t tell you? That’s awkward, what with you being their pal and all. I mean, if they didn’t tell you about that, who knows what they didn’t tell you about? [B]Triple H:[/B] What you getting at, Shane? [B]Shane: [/B]Well, maybe I called a bluff on The Rock and Steve Austin. What if perhaps it wasn’t them but… someone else… who decided to jump ship. Maybe it was, oh, I don’t know… Shawn Michaels. And maybe RVD as well? What if they’ve both jumped? [B]Triple H:[/B] Everyone else might be falling for your crap, Shane, but I know that there will be no-one- joining The Alliance tonight. And I would know if Shawn or Rob were joining your pathetic little group. [B]Shane: [/B]Like how you’d know about them conspiring for Van Dam to qualify for the Rumble, huh? Lets face it, Michaels and Van Dam do have a connection, and have been pretty good buddies over the last few months. And it’s gotta eat away at you that Shawn has a new best pal, doesn’t it? What if Van Dam has gotten in his ear? Triple H lunges forward and pins Shane against the wall by his throat. [B]Triple H: [/B]You listen here, you little bastard. All this mistrust you are trying to get going won’t work, so you can stop with it all now. I know Michaels hasn’t turned his back on DX, and I won’t turn my back either. I’m going to win the Royal Rumble and I’m going to do it as a member of DX. [B]Shane:[/B] Yeah, it’s not like Shawn hasn’t been stealing your thunder for months, is it? What if you do win the Rumble, you think Michaels will leave it at that? He wants to better you, and he wants to embarrass you. If you join The Alliance I can not only ensure you win tonight but that Michaels can’t take it away from you. I can stop him getting a title shot and have him taken out of the picture. Think about it. Triple H gets angry, but just shoves Shane away and turns his back on him, leaving Shane to walk out with a grin on his face. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Title[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/KazHayashi.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Tajiri.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/DickTogo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/Game-Face/dougchamp.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Hayashi vs. Tajiri vs. Togo vs. “Braveheart” Dougie Williams ©[/SIZE][/B] Yamaguchi-San, as expected, accompanies all three of his men down to the ring and doesn’t appear to favour anyone, instead letting them take control of the Braveheart. And they obviously dominate the early goings through the numbers advantage, but once Tajiri goes for a pin the truce falls apart and all three Zukaya members start brawling with each other, blowing this one wide open. As expected this is a technical yet high flying and fast paced match, and all 4 men throw everything they have in to it. Dougie seems to have the match wrapped up when he nails Togo with the Chaos Theory, but as he goes for the pin Hayashi rolls him up from behind and grabs the ropes out of the view of the referee! 1… 2… 3! Hayashi stole it! [B]Winner and new WWF Light-Heavyweight Champion: Hayashi in 7:03[/B][/CENTER] Dougie Williams looks on, obviously shocked at having lost his title as Hayashi grabs the title and holds it close. Yamaguchi-San gets in the ring and raises his hand in victory as Togo and Tajiri look on, both disappointed, but both eventually lifting Hayashi on to their shoulders as per Yamaguchi-Sans orders. [B]JR: [/B]I can’t believe this, Zukaya should never have had three men in the match in the first place and Hayashi went and stole it! Dougie must be bah Gawd furious! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We cut backstage to a dressing room where Sable is warming up, and Lance Storm walks in. They wish each other good luck with their matches tonight and Storm, somewhat embarrassedly, offers that they go out after the event to celebrate if they win their matches. Sable says there is no if about it, they [i]will[/i] win their matches, but she is happy to go out and celebrate with Lance after the match. Storm leaves as his match is next, but as he goes he pumps his fists just a little in celebration. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Finlay is backstage when Shane McMahon walks over. [B]Shane: [/B]What the hell is wrong with you, Finlay? Why’d you just stand there and let them get you disqualified? Do you have any idea how much you’ve messed up my plans? [B]Finlay:[/B] Sorry Mr McMahon. [B]Shane:[/B] Sorry isn’t going to cut it. We’re gonna sort this right here, right now. They start to leave, but Owen Hart stops them. [B]Shane:[/B] Not now, Owen, I’ve got something important to take care of. [B]Owen:[/B] That’s exactly why I’ve come to see you. There is always something more important than me. I think you forget why I joined The Alliance, Shane. It’s because you and your dad promised to keep me at the very top of this business. I’m with you so you can help me stay the best wrestler in the world. [B]Shane:[/B] What’s your point? [B]Owen:[/B] My point is you’ve done jack to help me keep the belt, and now I hear you promising that you are going to help either Austin or Rocky win the title in return for joining The Alliance. What’s up with that? Because I’ll tell you right now, Shane, if I think for a second you aren’t putting my best interests first then I will walk away from you and destroy The Alliance and everything that you’ve worked for. [B]Shane:[/B] It’s not about your best interests; it’s about the best interests of The Alliance. Look, Owen, I’ve got no doubt that you are still the best candidate for the title and I want you to be the face of this company. But I need to cover my tracks a little. Say something happens to you? I need a Plan B to make sure The Alliance still has control of the WWF Title, you know? But I assure you, Owen, if you can make it to the end, I’ll take care of everything else. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/DLoBrown.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l161/Game-Face/Keeflance.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq w/Lord Charles Moshterford Headbangerington VIII vs. Lance Storm ©[/SIZE][/B] Lance Storm gets a good pop out of the crowd who seem to appreciate his talents, although his crowd support does admittedly seem lessened without the presence of Sable at ringside. Despite Sir Desmond’s goofy antics outside of the ring, he keeps it outside of the ring and still turns it on when in the ring, meaning these two have the chance to put on an absolute classic. Storm seems overwhelmed by the power of Sir Desmond at times, and with Lord Charles getting involved it sometimes seems beyond him, but after an exciting exchange at the end of the match, featuring last minute kick outs from both the Lo-Down and the Superkick, Storm has Sir Desmond locked in the Single Leg Boston Crab having kicked Sir Charles out of contention, only for Sir Desmond to grab his leg and roll him up… 1… 2… no! Storm uses the weight of his opponent to roll him out of the pinning predicament and in to one of his own… 1… 2… 3! [B]Winner and still WWF European Champion: Lance Storm in 7:49[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [SIZE="3"][B]#2 Moment of 1998[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]“Yooooouuuu’re Fiiiiirrrrreeeedddd!”[/B][/SIZE] It’s a statement we’ve heard Vince McMahon use only too often, but we never thought we’d hear it used against him. With his own son starting to get power crazy and seeing the WWF take a turn in a direction he didn’t like, Mr McMahon took the brave decision to stand up against The Alliance and protect the safety of his superstars, but most importantly, his family. This led to Vince facing his own son at the last ever In Your House event, with Shane picking up the win and in the process firing his father from the company he built. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Brain:[/B] I have to say, I’m disgusted that only made it to the Number Two position, Ross. [B]JR:[/B] What are you talking about? That was one of the most vile and disgusting things I’ve ever seen. I might not be Mr McMahon’s biggest fan, but what his son Shane did to him his nothing short of reprehensible. And… oh my… speak of the devil… The camera cuts backstage where we see Shane McMahon, Finlay and the Outlaws beating the tar out of Christian backstage, who earned his way in to the Royal Rumble with a win on Heat. Christian never stands a chance as The Alliance overwhelm him, before Finlay reaches in to his pocket and takes out a number. [B]Shane: [/B]Oh dear, what a shame. It seems as though Christian won’t be able to take his place in the Rumble. Mr Finlay, would you be so kind to take his place? [B]Finlay: [/B]Yes Mr McMahon I will. [B]Shane:[/B] Good. What number has he drawn? Finlay opens up the peace of paper with a being smile on his face, before it gradually fades off. [B]Finlay:[/B] Oh crap… he was number three. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]World Wrestling Federation Women’s Title[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Ivory.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Sable.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Ivory w/Marc Mero vs Sable w/Fabulous Moolah[/SIZE][/B] The greatest female wrestler of all time accompanied Sable down to the ring, but frankly is unable to do much against the early, constant and sometimes overly violent interference of Marc Mero. With under 3 minutes of the match in, the referee is left with no choice but to remove Mero from the ringside area, giving Sable a chance to get back in to the fight. Ivory obviously has the better skills but Sable is not a quitter and with Ivory complaining about what she thinks is a slow count, Sable gets to her feet and delivers a devastating Sable Bomb for the 1…2 …3! [B]Winner and new WWF Women’s Champion: Sable in 5:10[/B][/CENTER] Sable grabs the newly returning Women’s Title belt and clutches it close to her wonderful, wonderful chest as Moolah gets in the ring to celebrate with her. Ivory can’t believe the result as she backs down the aisle, but the new Women’s Champion stays in the ring to continue celebrating with the greatest Women’s Champion of all time. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We next cut to see “Rowdy” Roddy Piper in a neckbrace, ready for a satellite interview with Jim Ross. [B]JR:[/B] Roddy, it’s great to see you again, firstly, how are you feeling after your assault at the hands of The Alliance, and in particular, Shane McMahon? [B]Piper:[/B] I feel like crap! I feel like I’m 50 years old, rather than the 22 I really am. That damn snot nosed brat Shane McMahon has caused me a whole world of hurt, but when I lose the neckbrace and get fit, I might just have to come out and settle the score with good old Shane-O. [B]JR: [/B]And that’s something we’d all love to see, I’m sure. [B]Brain: [/B]I wouldn’t. [B]JR:[/B] But Hot Rod, you were a part of the first and only time the WWF Title was on the line in the Royal Rumble match. I have to know, what is it like going for the title rather than a shot at Wrestlemania. [B]Piper:[/B] It’s harder, JR, it’s so much harder. It’s tough enough when you’re trying to win The Rumble; everyone wants to win it, but when the title is on the line people just go crazy. They’ll do anything for the gold. I mean, when it’s to headline Wrestlemania it’s huge, and as a Wrestlemania headliner I can tell you that for sure, but the title is huge. I never got to win the WWF Title and the ’92 Rumble was probably my best chance. You just have to add that little bit more when you go for the title, and a little bit more on top of that in the Rumble, and on that night I didn’t just have it. And the sad thing is, I could have done that this year is Shane McMahon hadn’t taken me out. [B]JR:[/B] Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say the Rumble would be bettered with you in there too, and it’s just another thing to add to the list of things Shane McMahon has done wrong around here lately. Roddy it’s a shame you can’t be here but all the bets with your rehabilitation and I hope to see you back in a WWF ring soon. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][SIZE="4"]#1 Moment of 1998[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Owen Hart: Champion[/SIZE][/B] It seemed like an unfortunate inevitability that Owen Hart would be stuck as wrestling in other people’s shadows for his WWF career, but using personal events as a motivational tool saw Owen take what he wanted, when he wanted and battled his way towards the WWF Title. After numerous attempts but never fully being able to win the big one, including a desperately close finish in an Iron Man Match the night before, Owen Hart finally won the big won when he defeated Shawn Michaels in Montreal live on Raw Is War. The closing moments with HBK unable to break from the Sharpshooter and the following celebration with friends and family in the ring will live on in the memories of all who saw it for a very, very long time. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Heenan: [/B]Well, JR, it’s that time. [B]JR:[/B] No doubt, Brain, up next we have the big one, the 30 man Royal Rumble Match. We just saw Owen Hart winning the title as the number one moment of 1998 and I guess that shows how huge this next match up is. [B]Heenan:[/B] This is the biggest match in history in my opinion. I was there at Wrestlemania III in the corner of Andre The Giant and [i]this[/i] is bigger. [B]JR:[/B] There really is nothing bigger than the WWF Title and up next 30 men are going to compete for that title. Let’s take it up to the Fink. [B]Fink:[/B] Ladies and gentlemen… the following match is the Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Title! In this match two men will start and be joined every two minutes by another randomly assigned individual. Eliminations occur by being thrown over the top rope and both feet touching the floor. The last man standing once all 30 men have been entered will be declared the winner and the new World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion! [B]Brain:[/B] I think it might be time for next years Rumble by the time Fink has finished. [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]The 1999 Royal Rumble Match for the World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ShawnMichaels.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TripleH1998.jpg[/IMG] We of course start out with [b]Shawn Michaels[b/] and [b]Triple H[/b]. Helmsley offers his hand out of respect before they get going, which Michaels reluctantly shakes, only for both men to pull each other in for a cheap shot at the same time. You’d have thought being best friends at the start of a match that will last an hour would mean they’d take it easy on each other, but both men throw everything they have at each other, trying to outdo each other at every turn, until… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/DaveFinlay.jpg[/IMG] The music of [b]Finlay[/b] blares out as the two DX members in the ring, who were at this point grappling on the mat, let go of each other and slowly get to their feet. Finlay may be as tough as nails, but even he has to be nervous. You wouldn’t know it though, as he runs to the ring and beckons them both on, which is exactly what they do. The members of DX use Finlay like a tennis ball, knocking them between each other with Michaels eventually clocking him with Sweet Chin Music, allowing Triple H to hit the Pedigree! They both lift him up and throw him from the ring, so [b]Finlay is eliminated.[/b]. The two best friends continue to brawl as the clock counts down… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Taz-1.jpg[/IMG] Here comes [b]Tazz![/b] Not being a member of The Alliance, Helmsley and Michaels don’t turn to him immediately, giving the Human Wrecking Machine a chance to Belly to Back Suplex HBK, leading to a wild and chaotic three man brawl… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/16lmz5v.jpg[/IMG] The music of perhaps the most unpredictable man on the roster hits as [b]Droz[/b] runs out from the back, immediately targeting Helsmley, leaving Michaels and Tazz to pair off… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RonSimmons.jpg[/IMG] [b]Faarooq is next out[/b] as the battle starts to turn in to a DX versus the rest match, with the tactic of targeting those who have been in the ring longest already coming in to affect, until Droz seemingly gets bored and goes for Tazz! These two vicious, stiff beasts start exchanging punches as Faarooq dominates Helmsley in the corner while HBK tries to recuperate… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ChavoGuerreroJr1998.jpg[/IMG] Triple H seems to be teetering on the edge as [b]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/b] makes his way to the ring as the 7th entrant, only for Shawn Michaels to realise his friend is in trouble, and after a few moments of seeming a bit conflicted, HBK goes over and helps his partner, teeing off on Faarooq. Meanwhile, Tazz and Droz are still battling it out, until Droz charges but gets caught by his foe, who proceeds in Suplexing the crazy newcomer over the top rope! [b]Droz is eliminated![/b]The crowd applaud the innovative move as Droz stands up immediately and looks in to the crowd, only to start smiling maniacally and leaves through the crowd… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BillyGunn1998.jpg[/IMG] [b]Billy Gunn[/b] is the next participant and sprints to the ring, but once there he surveys the damage, with Tazz and Faarooq seemingly taking sides against DX. Faarooq is pummelling Triple H in the corner, so Gunn goes over to help… no he doesn’t! He spins his Alliance team mate around and starts jabbing him with sharp lefts! Faarooq and Billy Gunn start an all out brawl as The Game recovers in the corner… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ValVenis1998.jpg[/IMG] [b]Brain:[/b] Here he is, Ross, my pick for the 1999 Royal Rumble winner! [b]JR:[/b] Well, Morgan hasn’t had the luck of the draw, coming out a… [b]Brain:[/b] It’s not “Morgan” to you, Ross, it’s “Mr. Future”. [b]The Future: Sean Morgan[/b] is Number Nine, but rather than sprinting to the ring like everyone else, he slowly walks down, posing each step of the way, refusing to actually step in to the ring until completely necessary. Gunn & Faarooq are still battling in the ring, with the fresh Outlaw seeming to have the better of it as he starts to topple Faarooq over the edge… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Bradshaw.jpg[/IMG] [b]Bradshaw[/b] is here! The other Acolyte is here as he runs to the ring and saves his partner with a huge clubbing arm to the back of Billy Gunn. Gunn is now a lamb to the slaughter as Acolytes beat the holy hell out of him, punishing for the weeks of bickering between the two teams. Sean Morgan managed to slip in to the ring at the last minute and immediately started targeting Chavo, only to be shoved out the way by Faarooq as Bradshaw destroys Chavo with a Clothesline from Hell over the top rope! [b]Chavo Guerrero Jr is eliminated![/b] With Gunn down and out of it, the Acolytes turn their attention to DX, allowing Tazz and Morgan to pair off… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TerryFunk-1.jpg[/IMG] And here he is! In his last ever match, [b]Terry Funk[/b] has entered the Royal Rumble… and he’s brought weapons! The Funker immediately throws a couple of chairs, a table, a 2x4 and a whole host of other weapons in the ring, but the table is confiscated almost immediately by The Acolytes, who set it up with criminal intentions. Funk enters the ring and grabs the 2x4, salutes the fans… and goes to town! 2x4 to Tazz! 2x4 to Morgan! 2x4 to Triple H! 2x4 to Michaels! Tazz groggily gets to his feet… 2x4 to Tazz… sending him over the top rope! [b]Tazz has been eliminated![/b] Funk roars to the crowd who roar back in approval, but as he sets his sights on the Acolytes and rushes towards them they nail him with a Double Spinebuster through the table! They then turn to Billy Gunn, lift him up and take it in turns to punch him… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JesseJames1998.jpg[/IMG] [b]Road Dogg[/b]! Billy Gunn’s tag team partner is here and he sprints to the ring, taking it in turns to nail each of the Acolytes! The fleet footed, quick punching style of the Road Dogg leaves Acolytes bewildered until Bradshaw hits back with a devastating Clothesline from Hell. That can only mean one thing The Acolytes get ready to eliminate their foes… but DX save! Triple H nails Bradshaw and Shawn Michaels Faarooq with stereo chair shots! The crowd cheer as the Outlaws get to their feet, 4 men who used to work together as DX, and square up to each other, ready to brawl… until the Outlaws turn to Faarooq and DX to Bradshaw! The crowd go wild for the temporary DX reunion at the expense of Acolytes, until… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JeffJarrett1998.jpg[/IMG] The third Outlaw [b]Jeff Jarrett[/b] sprints down to the ring as number 11, immediately taking out DX with a steel chair. Jarrett then turns to his Outlaw buddies and pulls them away from the Acolytes. The Acolytes then get to their feet as Jarrett stands between them, explaining that they are all a part of The Alliance and need to work together as such to stop it falling apart. All 5 men look at each other, the Outlaws and Acolytes both seeming to realise the error of their ways… only for all 4 to grab Jarrett and throw him over the top rope! [b]Jeff Jarrett is eliminated![/b] Jarrett stands on the outside in shock as the crowd cheer wildly, seeing the Acolytes and Outlaws go back at it again! Meanwhile Sean Morgan, who has been hiding in the corner, spots his opportunity and goes over to the limp body of Terry Funk, still in the remains if the table, and lifts him up, seemingly ready to eliminate the legend from his last ever match… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Mankind4.jpg[/IMG] It’s [b]Mankind[/b]! Mankind runs down to the ring and immediately targets Morgan, trying to stop him from eliminating the Funker. Morgan and Mankind trade blows, with Mankind getting the best of it as Terry Funk gets involved as well. They beat the heck out of The Future, but before they can eliminate him they are attacked by DX! The match is almost completely split in to teams now with the Acolytes squaring off with Outlaws and DX squaring off with Mankind and Funk, with Morgan trying to hide away from the impact… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/SteveAustin-1.jpg[/IMG] The crowd absolutely explodes as the glass shatters and [b]Stone Cold Steve Austin[/b] comes down to the ring! Austin is trash talking his whole way down, taking his waist jacket off and climbs in to the ring. He surveys the damage and sees the Acolytes and Outlaws trying to eliminate each other, so he walks over and in one move pushes all 4 of them over the top rope! [b]Billy Gunn, Bradshaw, Faarooq and Road Dogg are all eliminated![/b] Morgan thinks he sees an opportunity to go for Austin, but runs straight in to a kick… Stunner! Triple H turns around… kick wham Stunner! Austin turns around and sees HBK, the first entrant in the match, tiredly getting to his feet and turning around… but Mankind grabs Austin from behind! He tries to throw him… but Austin stops it! He pushes him away and in to the path of Terry Funk who catapults his friend over the top rope! [b]Mankind is eliminated![/b] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TakaMichinoku3.jpg[/IMG] Mankind looks on in disbelief as [b]Taka Michinoku[/b] runs down to the ring, climbs to the top rope and dives off, taking out Stone Cold with a cross body! Terry Funk apologises to Mankind on the outside, but as he turns around he is met with Sweet Chin Music! The Funker is down! This allows Morgan to crawl over to him, pick him up from the mat and bundle him over the top rope and effectively end the career of the Funker. [b]Terry Funk is eliminated[/b]. Mankind walks back down, threatening Morgan for taking the easy way out in eliminating an already injured Terry Funk, and helps The Funker to his feet. They hug, and Mankind lifts his friends arm in the air to celebrate the last ever match of Terry Funk as they both walk down the aisle… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TheRock-1.jpg[/IMG] The sounds of “IF YA SMEEEELLLLLLL” brings the crowd to their feet once more as [b]The Rock[/b] comes down to the ring! He walks straight past Mankind and Funk, slides in the ring and poises as Shawn Michaels turns around… Rock Bottom! Sean Morgan jumps him from behind, trying to punch him, but The Rock blocks it, slaps him, again, one more, spits his hand… and slaps The Future over the top rope! [b]The Future: Sean Morgan is eliminated![/b] The Rock is a house of fire, however, and goes straight for Taka Michinoku as Austin brawls with Triple H. Taka and Rocky obviously have a fast paced battle, ending with The Rock nailing as DDT, but as he pops up he sees Stone Cold staring at him… and the crowd goes wild! This is what the fans want to see; The Rock and Steve Austin gradually edging closer to each other, trash talking each other, before they start exchanging punches! Neither man will give an inch as the crowd comes unglued… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TheUndertaker3.jpg[/IMG] The lights go out and the crowd pop yet again, knowing that this can only mean the entrance of [b]The Undertaker[/b]! When the lights come back on Austin and Rock are still brawling, completely unaware that The Phenom is stood in the ring behind them! ‘Taker spins Austin around and plants him with a punch, knocking him to the mat. Rock charges but is knocked down with an uppercut, as with Triple H, and Shawn Michaels. Taka Michinoku jumps on him from behind, but Undertaker merely slams him over his head and to the mat, before grabbing him by the throat and Chokeslamming him over the top rope! [b]Taka Michinoku is eliminated![/b] The Rock and Austin get back to their feet, look at each other and both go for The Undertaker! The crowd cheer as their heroes try to team up against the dominant Undertaker, but the Deadman eventually gets the better of them, knocking them both down to the mat once again… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Chyna-1.jpg[/IMG] For the first time ever, a woman is about to make an appearance in the Royal Rumble as [b] Chyna[/b] comes to the ring. There’s nothing like a baptism of fire, and they don’t come harder than having to face a dominant Undertaker, but Chyna won’t back down from anyone, male, female or undead, and gets in his face. She tries hitting him but the Deadman no sells, she tries to low blow him but even that has no effect on this devastating monster. She tries to hit him again but he grabs her by the throat, ready to Chokeslam her when Triple H and Shawn Michaels attack him from behind! They try to take him down but he won’t have it, swatting them off like flies, only for Chyna to come from behind and throw him over the top rope… no! Undertaker manages to stop it and grab her in one fluid movement, propelling her over the top rope! [b]Chyna is eliminated![/b] With The Rock, Austin, Triple H and Shawn Michaels all down on the mat thanks to The Undertaker, the Deadman merely stands in the ring, waiting for his next victim… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Bruce_Pritchard4.jpg[/IMG] [b]JR: Oh for the love of God![/b] The crowd don’t really know how to react as [b]Brother Love[/b] comes through the curtain, microphone in hand. He walks in to the ring as The Undertaker merely stares at him. [b]Brother Love:[/b] Now, Brother Undertaker, before you get too angry with me, I want you to take a second here. I’m the guy who brought you here, and since I brought you here, maybe you should show me some luuuurvve and compassion, because, Brother Undertaker, IIIII luuuuuurrrve yooooouuuu! Now, if we may, bow our heads in prayer… Dear Lord… Brother Love gets no further chance as The Undertaker grabs him by his sparkling white jacket and effortlessly tosses him over the top rope! Brother Love looks on shocked as ‘Taker just turns towards the Titantron, waiting for another victim… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Funaki.jpg[/IMG] It was nice knowing you, [b]Funaki[/b]. Funaki doesn’t quite seem sure what to do, but isn’t left much choice because as soon as he enters the ring he is dismantled by The Phenom. Sporting a look in his eye like we’ve never seen before, The Undertaker looks genuinely dangerous and he beats the hell out of Funaki, before tossing him over the top rope. [b]Funaki is eliminated![/b] Undertaker turns to Shawn Michaels, helps him to his feet… Sweet Chin Music! Michaels got Undertaker… and Undertaker falls through the second and third ropes! The crowd cheer but Undertaker hasn’t been elimin… wait a minute! Tripel H grabs Michaels from behind and tries to throw him out… low blow by Michaels! What a desperation manoeuvre! The two friends immediately start brawling with each other, throwing punches again as The Rock and Austin crawl over to each other and they too start brawling! None of the four can seem to get any prolonged advantage over any of the others, until The Undertaker enters the ring with a steel chair! Chair shot to Michaels! Chair shot to The Rock! Chair shot to Triple H! Chair shot to Stone Cold! The Undertaker is standing tall once again! [B]JR:[/B] I can’t bah Gawd believe it! Who can stop The Undertaker?! [B]Heenan:[/B] No-one, Ross! That’s why he’s my pick to win the Royal Rumble! [B]JR:[/B] Every person who has challenged him has wound up being taken bah Gawd out! Who in the hell can stop this monster?! [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Kane-2.jpg[/IMG] The lights go out and the soft organ plays as a dark red hint of lighting fills the arena while the crowd get ready for the explosion… it’s [b]Kane![/b] The Undertaker’s own brother is Number 21! Kane returned on Monday after his brother tried to take him out and he is back with a by God vengeance! Kane immediately squares up to his brother, completely unafraid… and they start brawling! The two monsters exchange punches, neither giving an inch! Kane tries a Chokeslam but The Undertaker fights it off, trying one of his own, but Kane shoves him away, immediately going for a kick to the gut, only for Undertaker to catch his foot… Kaneziguri! The Undertaker is groggy… Kane clotheslines him over the top rope as the crowd explodes! [b]The Undertaker is eliminated![/b] The Undertaker can’t believe it on the outside as the referees tries to get him to leave the ringside area… suicide dive from Kane! Kane just leapt over the top rope and took out his brother and the referees! [b]Kane is eliminated![/b] The brothers continue to brawl on the outside, fighting down the aisleway and back to the backstage area… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/AlSnow1998.jpg[/IMG] [b]Al Snow[/b] is next up as he runs down to the ring, puts Head in the corner and turns to The Rock, Stone Cold Triple H and Michaels who are all getting to their feet and beckons for them to come and try him! [b]JR:[/b] I think Al Snow is even crazier than he looks! [b]Heenan:[/b] The guy has “Help Me” written backwards across his head and talks to a mannequin head. In what way does he look crazier now? The four others just look at each other, then back at Snow who is beckoning them on, before each taking it in turns to punch him, sending him between them like a tennis ball, until Triple H tells him to suck it and clotheslines him over the top. [b]Al Snow is eliminated![/b] The remaining four, including the two who have been their since the start go straight back to brawling with each other, Michaels with Austin, Rock with Triple H, both pairings with lots of history… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Owen_Hart.jpg[/IMG] [b]Heenan:[/b] Here he is, it’s [b]Owen Hart[/b]! Here is my pick! [b]JR:[/b] I hate to say it, Brain, but this is your third pick, and you are 0 for 2 so far. Owen runs to the ring and, despite having incredible history with all four men, goes straight for Michaels, German Suplexing him almost out of his boots. This is just the start as the other three each fall prey to a Suplex variation from Owen, leaving everyone down. Owen looks at the damage he has caused and goes for Triple H, grabbing his legs and tying him up in a Sharpshooter, draining more out of a man who has been in there for three quarters of an hour… but Michaels kips up! Sweet Chin Music to Owen! And HBK flops to the mat! All 5 men are down! [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Edge1998.jpg[/IMG] And here comes one of the brightest talents in the WWF today, [b]Edge![/b] Obviously very popular, Edge grins hugely in his Rumble debut as he runs to the ring and crouches, waiting... Spear to The Rock! He crouches again… Spear to Triple H! Spear to Michaels! Spear to Austin! He crouches again, waiting for Owen… Spear to Ow… no! Owen leapfrogged him! Dropkick to the face from Owen and Edge topples over the top rope! [b]Edge is eliminated![/b] And Owen is the last man standing! Owen goes straight for Austin as the count down begins… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG] [b]Heenan:[/b] What the… [b]JR:[/b] I… I… I don’t believe my ears… it is! It’s [b]Jerry “The King” Lawler”![/b] He was fired by Shane last month! [b]Heenan:[/b] What the hell is he doing here?! Owen stands in shock as The King walks down to the ring to a great reception, in his classic wrestling gear and of course wearing his crown. He gets in the ring and throws his crown to Owen, who of course catches it, meaning he is unguarded for the famous Lawler punches! [b]Heenan:[/b] This is unfair! He was supposed to be fired! He won’t win it and he’s costing Owen a chance at winning the title! [b]JR:[/b] Who says he won’t win it? Stranger things have happened in the WWF! [b]Heenan:[/b] Oh, shut up, Ross! What stranger things have happened than a fired announcer returning and winning the title in the Royal Rumble? Owen low blows but The King won’t be denied, coming back with a vengeance against Owen, even lowering the strap to signal for his famous Piledriver… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ShaneMcMahon.jpg[/IMG] The crowd boo horrendously as [b]Shane McMahon[/b] sprints to the ring and jumps The King from behind, taking him down. Owen and Shane lay the boots in to King, but as Owen backs off to let Shane get the kicks in, King grabs his leg and trips Shane up! Owen runs at him but is met with a punch! King stands over Shane, the man responsible for firing him, as Shane gets to his feet, backing away from him… only to realise Austin, Rock, Michaels and Triple H are back to their feet as well! Shane takes a leaf out of his father’s book with the Gulp of Doom, but runs to the side and rolls under the bottom rope, running away from the ring… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RoddyPiper-1.jpg[/IMG] It’s Number 27… and it’s the man Shane McMahon brutalised a couple of weeks back, [b]”Rowdy” Roddy Piper![/b] He said he wouldn’t be back for months! Piper trash talks the owner like only he can as he grabs him by the pants and neck and throws him back in to the ring and back to the wolves! The King is the first to greet him as he nails him with punches on his return to the ring, only for Owen to get to his feet and try to help… Rock Bottom on Owen Hart! Shane realises he has nowhere to turn, the faces surrounding him as the countdown begins again as Shane begs for the next entrant to help him… [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Rob_Van_Dam5.jpg[/IMG] The look on Shane’s face sinks as [b]Rob Van Dam[/b] is entrant number 28! RVD gets in the ring as Shane is completely surrounded, but Shane starts signalling to the back, ordering someone to come out and help him. Eventually the camera cuts to the back where we see The Alliance dressing room… and Test is out cold on the floor! And he has “3:16” sprayed on his back! Shane can’t believe it as he turns around to see Stone Cold flipping him the bird, as he punches him… in to Sweet Chin music from Michaels! Triple H kicks him in the gut… Pedigree! The King climbs to the second rope and dives off with a Flying Fist, followed by RVD leaping to the top rope and nailing the Five Star Frog Splash! Shane is out cold in the middle of the ring as The Rock stands over him… he starts to take one elbow pad off, bounds off one rope, off the other… People’s Elbow! The crowd is absolutely going wild as they all help him to his feet and throw him to Austin… Stone Cold Stunner! Shane is out of it, so they all pick him up and as a group throw the owner out of the ring! [b]Shane McMahon is eliminated![/b] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/X-Pac1998.jpg[/IMG] The crowd are still cheering from Shane’s elimination as [b]X-Pac[/b] makes his way down to the ring. Shane is slowly getting to his feet on the outside as X-Pac reaches him, so he is met with a Spinning Heel Kick for good measure. X-Pac slides in and the ring is clearly separated, the 4 DX members on one side, Austin, Rock, Piper and Lawler on the other. Lawler and HBK start pairing off with The King almost eliminating Michaels, only to be reversed as King goes over the top rope… but he lands on the apron… Sweet Chin Music! [b]Jerry Lawler is eliminated![/b] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/StevenRegal.jpg[/IMG] [b]JR:[/b] I… I don’t believe it! [b]Heenan:[/b] It can’t be… [b]JR:[/b] It’s [b]William Regal![/b] [b]Heenan:[/b] But he’s WCW?! [b]JR:[/b] Not anymore, I guess! The crowd are as shocked as the announcers at the debut of William Regal as the final participant in this years Royal Rumble. Regal waves his way down to the crowd, surveys the fighting go on in front of him, grabs Roddy Piper and immediately throws him from the ring! [b]Roddy Piper is eliminated[/b]! Regal immediately goes after Stone Cold Steve Austin in the corner as JR mentions the guts of Michaels and Triple H to go from the start to the end, even if Heenan tries to detract from it by saying they had each other to help them through it. With that, Triple H and Michaels notice RVD is a little worse for wear after a tussle with The Rock and both set their sights on their friend and partner, only for X-Pac to cut them off and tells them DX need to work as a team. RVD makes it to his feet and realises what is going on, so all four stare each other down, before turning in to an all out New-DX vs. Old DX brawl! RVD and X-Pac use their fast paced offence to gradually wear down the exhausted long term DX members, and eventually the newest member, X-Pac, gets Shawn Michaels in the corner. He backs up, crotch chops and runs for the Bronco Buster, only for Triple H to run up behind him and throw him from the ring! [b]X-Pac is eliminated![/b] Through all this, Austin is brawling with Regal while The Rock and Owen have paired off. Rocky seems to get the best of him but Van Dam runs over and tries to eliminate him, only for The Rock to fight back. Both men reverse their way out of each others special moves until RVD elbows out of a Rock Bottom attempt and DDT’s The Rock to the mat! RVD looks out to the crowd and gets the cheer he is looking for, so stumbles over to the corner and leaps up in one bound! Van Dam wants the Five Star, and steadies himself for the leap… when Triple H pushes him off the top rope! [b]Rob Van Dam is eliminated![/b] Triple H just points and laughs at his “friend”, something RVD is clearly not happy with after the weeks of bickering between these two men, only for Owen to clothesline him to the mat. The former champion then turns his attention to Michaels. Owen stomps on him a few times, before picking him up and punching him over and over again, showing the ruthless streak we’ve only just seen out of him. He looks to take HBK over the top, but HBK reverses it in to a hip toss and starts to tune up the band! Michaels is exhausted, he can barely hold himself up, but he stomps… again… again… he’s ready… Owen is to his feet… Michaels darts forward… and Triple H grabs him from behind and throws him over the top rope! Michaels is ou… no… wait! Michaels is clinging on! Triple H can’t believe it! HBK starts to skin the cat as Triple H goes for him, but Michaels catches him between his legs… and headscissors him out of the ring! [b]Triple H is eliminated![/b] Triple H falls to the mat and can’t believe what has just happened as he stares out to the crowd, before clearly muttering “son of a b*tch”. The look of shock gradually turns to anger as he gets to his feet and looks at his pal who is exhausted on the mat, looking out at him on the outside. Triple H’s rage starts to blow as he punches the announce table in fury, before stripping it and shoving the stairs over. He lets out a primal roar and goes to the timekeepers table where he pulls out a sledgehammer. Michaels looks on in shock as The Game walks towards him, shouting and pointing with the hammer in hand, until William Regal comes up behind Michaels and throws him from the ring! [b]Shawn Michaels is eliminated![/b] William Regal drops to his knees in celebration at eliminating one of the all time greats and being in the final four of the Rumble with a clear shot of the title, when he turns around in to a Stone Cold Stunner! Regal is dazed… and Austin throws him over the top! [b]William Regal is eliminated![/b] And we’re down to our final three! Michaels looks over at Triple H who has by now dropped the sledgehammer and stands looking at his friend, smiling, clearly pleased with what he has done. Helmsley walks towards the back, but Michaels runs after him as they start arguing, with the referees running from ringside to restrain them, as do Chyna, RVD and X-Pac. Even with all these people they can hardly be pulled apart, both men desperately arguing and trying to fight as they get dragged towards the back, but still they can’t drag them out of sight. With all this going on outside the ring, Owen Hart uses a steel chair that is still in the ring from when Funk entered to take Rock and Austin to the mat. With The Rock down, Owen grabs his legs and tries for the Sharpshooter… but Rock powers out of it! He slaps him… again… and again… and again, with Owen against the ropes… spits on his hand… and slaps Owen over the top rope! We’re down to The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin! The Rock slumps in one corner as Austin slumps in the other. Both men look up at each other as the crowd start to come alive, realising one of their heroes is about to win the Royal Rumble. They trash talk each other as they walk closer, before squaring off and finally trading blows. They exchange punches, Austin getting the advantage as he whips Rock off the ropes… Lou Thesz Press! FU Elbow! He waits for Rock to get to his feet, Stunn… no, Rock reverses it… Rock Botto… Austin elbows out… Austin kicks him, here comes the Stunner… Rock pushes him away again in to the ropes… and tries to bundle him over! Stone Cold Steve Austin is teetering! His feet are off the mat as he starts going… going… going… but Owen Hart has slid back in the ring! And the referees are returning from the DX brawl… Owen pushes The Rock over the top right in front of the referees! [b]The Rock is eliminated![/b] [b]JR:[/b] What? Owen was eliminated? Why did he, has Ston… [b]Heenan:[/b] The referees didn’t see it! They still think Owen is legal! I love it! [b]JR:[/b] What the hell? The Rock just got screwed! The fans start to realise that Owen wasn’t seen to be eliminated, so technically is still in the Rumble and begin to boo. Owen has the advantage over Austin as he beats him down, the Texas Rattlesnake tired but obviously refusing to quit. It seems fitting after the months of feuding that it comes down to Owen Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin, even if The Rock was screwed. Austin starts to battle his way back in to it and grabs Owen by the hair to throw him over… but Owen grabs the ropes and low blows Austin! Owen runs over… and Stunners Stone Cold! Austin is down! Owen tries desperately to drag Austin to the ropes, but the dead weight of the Rattlesnake is almost too much. He lifts him up gradually until he is leant against the top rope… Stone Cold Stunner! Austin was playing possum! Owen staggers back groggily… and Austin throws him over the top rope! [b]Owen Hart is eliminated![/b] [B]JR:[/B] Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! [B]Heenan:[/B] No! No! No! [B]JR:[/B] Austin has done it! Austin has BAH GAWD DONE IT! [B]Heenan: [/B]NO! [B]Howard Finkle:[/B] Here is your winner of the 1999 Royal Rumble… and the NEW WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION CHAMPION… STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN![/CENTER] Austin can barely move as his body slumps to the mat. Exhaustion keeps him from standing as the referees present him with the WWF Title and raise his hand in victory and the crowd go wild. He gradually gets to his feet; the belt clenched to his chest as he drags himself to the second rope and holds the belt above his head as the flashlights go off. He drops back down in to the centre of the ring and drops to his knees once more as he calls for the Steveweisers to be thrown his way as he catches them, salutes the fans and salutes his newly won WWF Championship belt. [B]JR:[/B] Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! [B]Heenan:[/B] No! No! No! Owen, what happened? I can’t believe this! [B]JR:[/B] Austin has done it! Austin has taken everything Shane McMahon has thrown at him and once again he stands at the top of the mountain as the new WWF Champion! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B]QUICK RESULTS[/B] The Brood © def Hardy Boyz to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles Rob Van Dam def Finlay by DQ to qualify for the Royal Rumble Match Hayashi def Togo, Tajiri & Dougie Williams © to win the WWF Light-Heavyweight Title Lance Storm © def Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq to retain the WWF European Title Sable def Ivory to win the vacant WWF Women’s Title Steve Austin def 29 Other Superstars to win the vacant World Wrestling Federation Championship in the Royal Rumble Match

Great detail put into that Rumble match mate. I really enjoyed reading it. I got a couple of the other picks wrong, but i'm happy I picked the Champion right. Austin's promo reminded me a lot like the one he did before the 2002 Royal Rumble. :D It was great promo though from him. The trick by DX was class. For a moment I was surprised Shawn had turned on RVD, but then I scrolled down a bit more. I'm really interested on how you'll be using Regal. Really underrated in my opinion. He has everything going for him, great wrestling skills and great on the mic. So I guess the build to Wrestlemania starts here and i'm looking forward to every minute of it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Wow, almighty bump indeed. Just because I still have it, here's the NWO poster that was coming up: [img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/Slim_Jim_GDS/nwo.jpg[/img] It's a shame keef never got to use it because the plans, from what he told me, were pretty great.

Wow, didn't expect to see this bumped to the top again. Cheers fellas. Yeah, that poster is insane, I still can't believe how perfectly you nailed what I wanted. I have a few shows on my laptop that I wrote up about 2 years ago and plans all the way up to Mania. I might post them every once and while as a thanks to all the people that read it. They bit excessively long (understatement of the century...) but if you can get through all the fluff i still like how some of the storylines come together. So again, cheers for the bump and for the time being, enjoy... :) [CENTER][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RAW-4.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Monday 25th January 1999[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"]LIVE from Grand Rapids, Michigan[/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] We get the usual pyrotechnic display following the opening video, followed by the camera panning the crowd and settling on, for one night only, the three man announce team of Jim Ross, Bobby Heenan and “back where he belongs” Jerry Lawler. [B]JR:[/B] Hello, folks and welcome to Monday Night Raw where we are just 24 hours removed from an incredible Royal Rumble event. [B]Heenan:[/B] I can’t believe I’m forced to sit next to this Benedict Arnold. [B]JR:[/B] In case you haven’t guessed from the groanings of my colleague Bobby “The Brain” Heenan we’re joined by the man who made a huge impact on his return last night, Jerry “The King” Lawler. King, it’s good to have you back where you belong. [B]Lawler:[/B] Thank, JR, it’s great to be back and it was even better giving Shane McMahon exactly what he deserved last night. But that’s just the start of it, I’m going to finish it tonight. [B]JR:[/B] That’s right, along with the WWF and European Titles on the line we’ll see The King and the legendary “Rowdy” Roddy Piper team up to face Shane McMahon and Finlay. [B]Heenan:[/B] Benedict… Arnold. [B]JR:[/B] And of course we’re still trying to work out what the hell these numbers above the Titantron mean, where they are now down to about 8,380,800. [B]Heenan: [/B]Maybe it means “on a scale of one to ten, how screwed is Jerry “The King” Lawler?” [SIZE="4"][I]*GLASS SHATTERS*[/I][/SIZE] The crowd explodes with the appearance of the new WWF Champion Stone Cold Steve Austin, who went almost 40 minutes to outlast 29 other men and win the WWF Title for the second time. [B]Austin:[/B] Last night I said that I had a plan. I said that good ol’ Stone Cold was gon’ walk in to the Rumble and whoop more ass than anyone has ever seen in their life, and there ‘aint no damn person on this planet who can say I didn’t do that. And Shane McMahon can run his mealy mouth as much as he wants about how someone was joining the Alliance, but, frankly, that was BS and I knew it from the damn start. If Shane McMahon think he can bring his sorry little ass in to the business of the WWF Champi… [SIZE="4"][i]NO CHANCE![/I][/SIZE] The crowd start booing as Shane McMahon makes his way down to the ring, complete with a limp and neck brace after the incredible amount of abuse he suffered at the hands of 8 men last night. He gets in the ring and grabs a microphone. [B]Austin: [/B]What the hell do you want? [B]Shane:[/B] Allow me to put this delicately… I don’t like you, Steve. I don’t like a damn thing you have done since you joined this company and I’d sooner see you crash and burn than almost anything else. But I’m a businessman. And I’m an intelligent guy. What you did to me last night, and what you did to Test, well, I can’t say I approve. But you are the WWF Champion, and that’s important to me because you’re now the face of the company I own. I offered you a place in The Alliance before The Rumble and you didn’t take it. But that doesn’t mean the offer doesn’t still stand. Things will only get worse for you if you try to stand alone. I’m the owner of the WWF, I can do whatever in the hell I want around here and I need a champion I can rely on. Now, if that is you, I am more than happy about that- as long as you play by my rules, of course. So what do you say, Mr Austin? I can make you a very rich man, with a very, very good life. Shane extends his hand, to which Austin just stares at bemused. Eventually he starts to smile and walks over to him, about to shake his hand, before stopping right before impact. He then drops the smile and very gradually brings his middle fingers up to Shane’s face… Stone Cold Stunner! [B]King:[/B] Haha! I love it! [B]JR: [/B]Stone Cold will never sell out and he’s left the owner on his back! Take that, Shane! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]World Wrestling Federation European Title[/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="5"]Tajiri w/Zukaya vs. Lance Storm ©[/SIZE][/B] A fantastic little match to get Raw going this week, with the hugely successful European Champion looking to carry on where he left off last night against Sir Desmond. Tajiri is one hell of a competitor and took Storm to the limit, but eventually had to tap to the dreaded Single Leg Boston Crab. [B]Winner: Lance Storm in 6:30[/B][/CENTER] The bell rings as Storm celebrates in front of the fans with his title, only for William Regal to come in through the crowd to assault him! He only stops to occasionally wave to the fans as he beats the champion down bit by bit, before grabbing a microphone. [B]Regal[/B]: Look at you, you’re a bloody disgrace! What sort of person would I be if I didn’t, as a proud citizen of a country in Europe, not take offence to there being a Canadian European Champion?! It’s an absolute bloody travesty, and mark my words, young man, I’m going to chop you down with a bloody hatchet until you beg me to take your title. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [I][SIZE="4"]ENOUGH IS ENOUGH… AND IT’S TIME FOR A CHANGE![/SIZE][/I] The crowd boo as Owen Hart makes his way on to the ramp and down to the ring, where he grabs a microphone. [B]Owen:[/B] I think people have started to forget who I am. I’m Owen Hart. I’m the single greatest wrestler of all time. I’m a former WWF Champion who was never pinned or made to submit for that title. I was stripped of it unfairly and was screwed over when I entered the Royal Rumble, allowing that Neanderthal Stone Cold Steve Austin to win my title. And I know why it is. It’s because each and every one of you American people are racist. You hate Canada. You hate that I’m Canadian. And you hate that Canadian’s are superior to American’s in every single way. When the WWF goes to Canada I am loved, because they have taste. But here all I get is… [SIZE="4"][i]DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN’?[/I][/SIZE] The crowd erupts as The Rock comes out to interrupt Owen’s promo. Owen tries to talk but is immediately cut off. [B]Rock:[/B] FINALLY… THE ROCK… HAS COME BACK… TO GRAND RAPIDS! [B]Owen:[/B] Look, Rocky, now is not the time, so if you want… The Rock puts on a high pitched girls voice. [B]Rock:[/B] Hey, Rocky, now’s not the time, now’s not the time, meet me in my locker room later, Rocky, I’ll show you a good time… (he jumps back to his normal voice) Shut up. The Rock was backstage, minding his own business, reading a book when he heard you bitching and moaning- “I got screwed out of the title”. “Stone Cold Steve Austin screwed me”. “I want Shane McMahon to screw me” and The Rock couldn’t get his attention back. Do you know how annoying that is to The Rock when he’s trying to read a book? [B]Owen:[/B] I don’t thi… [B]Rock:[/B] IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW ANNOYING IT IS! You see, The Rock was backstage reading because The Rock has lately become fascinated with Ancient Rome. You know of Ancient Rome, right? [B]Owen:[/B] Sure, I… [B]Rock:[/B] Shut up. Let The Rock tell you a story he just read about Ancient Rome… A long time ago, in Rome, Italy, there was a village. A town full of people who existed on the same understanding- that they had to aim for the top. They all had to aim to be the best. Some were more blessed than others, but they all wanted the same thing. Then one day, one man came in to the village. His name was… Owen… Lickadickadus. He walked around complaining because he thought people didn’t respect him. He thought people didn’t like him. He said people didn’t like him because of where he was from. The people of the village hated him, until one day, one of them stepped forward. This man was known as Greatius Oneius, and he said “Lickadickidus… what is your problem?”, to which Lickadickidus said “people don’t like me becau…” “IT DOESN’T MATTTER WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS! You see, Lickadickidus, the people don’t like you. But it’s not that they don’t like you because of where you are from, it’s because you ABSOLUTELY SUCK!” And do you know what Greatius Oneius did? He didn’t bitch that he was thrown from the Royalus Rumblus by someone he’d already eliminated. He took the Italian flag… shined it up real nice… turned it sideways… and sticked it straight up his candy ass! And then Greatius Oneius kicked Lickadickidus out of the village and he turned to the big apple, the big dog, Stone Cold Steve Caesar, took him to Wrestlemanius, kicked his bald headed candy ass and stood in front of the world as the People’s Champion, the People’s Choice and the very best there ever was… IF YA SMEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL….. WHAT GREATIUS ONEIUS… IS COOKIN’! The crowd cheer from the verbal Smackdown being laid, but Owen clearly isn’t impressed as he starts to descend on The Rock, only for the face of Linda McMahon to appear on the Titantron. [B]Linda:[/B] Owen, Rock, I’ve just come from a meeting with the board of directors and we have reviewed the video footage of the Royal Rumble. Owen Hart would normally be named the number one contender, but under the circumstances we’ve been left with no choice but to say that The Rock was screwed last night, and hence he at least deserves a shot at becoming the Number One Contender. [B]Owen:[/B] Oh, come on! [B]Linda:[/B] But we have also decided that it is only fair that someone else was was screwed should get a chance, so tonight we will find out the Number One Contender to the WWF Title when Owen Hart faces The Rock and… Shawn Michaels… in a Triple Threat Match! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We then cut backstage to where the whole of DX is in their locker room. [B]RVD:[/B] Guys, we need to sort this. All this fighting isn’t cool, man, we need to get on the same page for Chyna’s match tonight. [B]Chyna: [/B]No, you guys won’t be there. Undertaker eliminated me from the Rumble, but I’m not afraid of him. I know I can beat him, but I need to get the chance, and I want to prove that I can do it on my own. One n one… face to face… man to… woman. [B]X-Pac:[/B] Are you sure? [B]Chyna: [/B]Boys, let me do this. [B]X-Pac:[/B] You’ve got it. But look, Shawn, Hunter, sorry about last night, dudes. It kinda turned in to an Old School DX vs. New School DX thing out there, and we didn’t want that. [B]RVD: [/B]Yeah, man. Sorry about that, it just kinda happened, you know. [B]Michaels:[/B] Guys, it’s cool. We were as much to blame as you, so we’re sorry. [B]RVD:[/B] Both of you? [B]Michaels:[/B] Of course, why? [B]RVD:[/B] Well, ‘cos Hunter kinda eliminated me and X-Pac and hasn’t said a word. [B]Triple H:[/B] What do you want me to say? [B]X-Pac:[/B] Sorry, maybe? [B]Triple H: [/B]I’m not sorry for a damn thing. It was every man for himself, like Shawn proved when he through me out. Truth is all I’m sorry for is not throwing you all out sooner. [B]Chyna:[/B] Hunter, don’t be like that. [B]Michaels:[/B] So you aren’t sorry for the way I went out? [B]Triple H:[/B] Are you sorry for how I went out? [B]Michaels:[/B] It’s a shame it was me who had to do it, but you did try to throw me out first, and came after me again while I was trying to get back in, I did what I had to. [B]Triple H: [/B]Then so did I. [B]Michaels:[/B] You came after me with a damn sledgehammer. [B]Triple H:[/B] I was damn well frustrated. You are supposed to be my best friend, you are supposed to be on my team and you threw me from the ring, I was angry. Why would you want to eliminate me? [B]RVD:[/B] You eliminated me? [B]Triple H:[/B] Big “who gives a crap?” X-Pac, we were fighting, so it’s a shame I threw you out, I’ll admit. But Rob, I don’t even know why you are in DX; we don’t have the history like I have with these two. But me and Shawn are like brothers, and he threw me out, do you know how that hurts? [B]Michaels:[/B] Firstly, you gotta cut the crap with Rob. He’s here because me and Pac want him here, okay? Secondly, you tried to eliminate me first, which proved to me that the title has to come first. [B]Triple H:[/B] Maybe it does, Shawn… maybe it does. [B]Michaels:[/B] And I tell you, Hunter, you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror right now, because I’m struggling to find a reason not to take Shane up on his offer and knock your damn lights out. Shawn Michaels then storms out of the room, followed by Van Dam, who is clearly annoyed with Triple H. Finally X-Pac just looks at him with a “what can I do?” expression and walks off with them. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]“The Phenom” The Undertaker vs. “Ninth Wonder of the World” Chyna[/SIZE][/B] This all comes from Chyna standing up to Undertaker and eventually being eliminated by him. Chyna obviously is a tough cookie but on this night she is just no match for The Phenom. [B]Winner: The Undertaker in 4:40[/B][/CENTER] ‘Taker may have won, but he doesn’t seem to have had enough. He picks Chyna up and puts her over his shoulder, when the lights go out again… [b]JR:[/b]It’s Kane! Kane wants to finish what they started last night at the Rumble! Kane comes down to the ring and is about to go after his brother, who instead grabs a microphone. [B]Undertaker:[/B] Kane… wait. I know you are angry, I can feel the anger inside you like I can only with my own flesh and blood. Kane, I was left with no choice, I had to try to destroy you. You had become weak, and you need to be a monster. These people will never accept you like I do. Only when you travel the path of darkness like we do can we understand each other. You became weak, and I have brought you back to being a monster. Now you are back like I knew you would be lets dominate the WWF like never before. My brother, we can bring this company to our knees and leave everyone else in our wake. Kane… join me. The crowd start booing, clearly wanting Kane to fight out against his brother. However, rather than attack, Kane simply nods, and his brother nods back. The crowd start to boo the reunion of the brothers after so much promise of a feud, but as Kane goes to leave the ring The Undertaker lunges forward to attack his brother… but Kane sees it coming and knocks him to the mat with an uppercut! Undertaker is up… Chokeslam! Kane just Chokeslammed his brother! [b]JR:[/b] Oh my God! Did Kane just outsmart his brother?! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edge and Christian are backstage. [B]Edge:[/B] How you feeling? [B]Christian:[/B] Man, is Shane a Reekasaurus! My head is kizilling me. [B]Edge: [/B]That totally reeks of sucktitude that you did so much to get to the Rumble and were then stripped of it by that reekazoid Shane. [B]Christian:[/B] Totally, although you did well out there. Spear… Spear… Spear… Spear… That was unlucky, you were on fire until Owen threw you out, you were totally reeking of awesomeness… The best friends stop as Owen Hart walks over. [B]Owen:[/B] You know, technically, if you last less than 2 minutes you should really be deemed a failure rather than a success. You know, for the record. But hey, you, the taller one, don’t feel bad. You were eliminated by the best wrestler in the world- that is something to tell your grandkids one day. [B]Edge:[/B] Listen here, chumpstain. You eliminated me last night and it was fair and down the middle. But I know that I can beat you when it comes to one on one. You might be a FORMER world champion, but both me and Christian here have this thing going. [B]Christian:[/B] Yeah, whenever we see a total dork chop, we kick their ass! [B]Edge:[/B] Yeah! [B]Owen:[/B] YOU are challenging ME? Really?! Let me get one thing straight, I’m a legend. I’m the best in the world. I don’t take challenges. If I want to give you a match, I’ll do it whenever the hell I want to, and not when you want to. Got it? Owen walks off. [B]Edge:[/B] What a gearbox. Suddenly, Owen comes back in to shot with a steel chair, taking both the former tag team champion out. [B]Owen:[/B] Next week, boy, me and you, in the ring. And I’ll show you that when I threw you out of the Rumble, it was just… the… start. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The new Women’s Champion Sable makes her way down to the ring to a great ovation and grabs a microphone. [B]Sable:[/B] You know, I’d like to dedicate winning this title to the women who want to be me… and the men who came to see me! [B]King: [/B]I came when I saw her! [B]JR:[/B] Oh, please! [B]Sable:[/B] Now I could give you a heartfelt speech on why this means so much to me given everything I’ve been to, but something tells me you would sooner see me do the Grind! The crowd roar their approval as Sable holds the Women’s Title above her head and starts grinding, when suddenly a fan jumps the barrier and attacks her from behind! Sable doesn’t have a chance to defend herself as the fan beats her down, before finishing her off with a DDT. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Droz vs. Tazz[/SIZE][/B] Both men are incredibly stiff and hard hitting, but Tazz tries to use his huge variation of Suplexes to get ahead while Droz doesn’t seem to have the mental capacity to have a game plan- he just wants to cause pain. The match is pretty even until the lights go out and Goldust appears behind Tazz, distracting him from Droz who manages to put him away. [B]Winner: Droz in 3:40[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We cut backstage to a dark and dreary room where The Brood are. The Hardy Boyz walk over and reluctantly admit that while it was a tough match, The Brood retained the titles and they have to respect that. They offer their hand out of respect, only for all three members of The Brood to beat them down as JR calls them “nothing but anti-social punks”. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Michael Cole is backstage with Mankind. [B]Cole: [/B]Mankind, last night you entered the Rumble with hopes of realising your dream and becoming the WWF Champion, but you fell short when your best friend Terry Funk eliminated you. Are you bitter about the way you went out? [B]Mankind:[/B] The thing is, Michael, people seem to look at me and forget that I’m still a person with very human desires. I’m a wrestler and I want to be the best, and I wanted to become the WWF Champion last night. But Terry is my best friend and it was his last ever match, he had every right to throw me from the ring because he wanted to go out on a high point and give the fans something to remember him by. Terry has done a lot for me, and he’s a good friend to someone who has never had many friends. So I thin… Mankind stops as Sean Morgan walks over to him. [B]Morgan:[/B] God, you’re pathetic. I came to the WWF because I was told that this is where the very best athletes in the world are, and all I see is some sad, useless slob eulogising about his elderly friend. What is up with that? I told the world that I would make a difference and save everyone from what the WWF has become, and I think I’ve found the perfect target. This is a guy who has been all over the world, who has won titles everywhere he has gone, he’s faced the best and beat them, and now he’s just a fat, pathetic blob taking about his friend who achieved more than he has. Last night I did the world a favour by eliminating Terry Funk. I took someone who was stealing the spots of worthwhile superstars like myself because once upon a time his name actually meant something and it sickens me. Terry Funk was the guy who forced you to lose to The Rock in an I Quit match, Mankind. He is the guy who has caused you to bleed on every continent, and yet he had the audacity to tell you that you aren’t the man you used to be when he can barely walk but still calls himself a wrestler. It’s pathetic, you’re pathetic, and Terry Funk is pathet… [B]Mankind:[/B] Don’t you dare! I swear to you, Morgan, don’t you dare call Terry Funk pathetic! He is the reason you are here, men like him who sweat and bled so you can stand here in front of the world and do what you love. That is why I’m honouring his legacy, you ungrateful son of a bitch. Because it is men like Terry that have allowed me to live out my dream. [B]Morgan:[/B] Some dream this is. You got eliminated last night by your friend, you’ve never been a world champion, an elderly man is telling you at just over 30 years old that you ‘aint got it anymore and you a an overweight, useless mess. Sounds like a nightmare to me. Mankind gets up in Morgan’s face, literally shaking with rage. [B]Morgan: [/B]You don’t have the guts, Mankind. Funk was right. You used to be one of the most feared men on the planet and now you are nothing more than a teddy bear. Terry Funk finally had the decency to do the right thing and retire; maybe it’s about time you did the same. Then you and Funk can go kiss each others ass and not waste TV time doing it, you huge, worthless teddy bear. You and Funk make me sick. [B]Mankind:[/B] No, Morgan, you make me sick. Say what you want about me, I’m still here. But the Funker has gone. So to bad mouth him after he’s retired is just about as low as it gets. But you will respect him, Morgan, I promise you that. I don’t care whether you think Terry was right about me, I don’t care if you think I am a teddy bear. People will show Terry Funk the respect he deserves, and it’s going to start next week when I give him the send off he deserves and that the McMahon’s don’t have the guts to put together. Next week, in the exact state Terry Funk was born in, Indiana, we’re going to honour his career, and I want you to pull up a chair and watch, you ungrateful son of a bitch, and see exactly what Terry Funk has done for you. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Title[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Test vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin ©[/SIZE][/B] How many people can say they have made their debut in a WWF Title match? Test immediately starts to dominate the match, beating Austin down to a pulp within seconds. The announcers claim that Austin is probably suffering from fatigue after lasting almost 40 minutes at the Rumble, but the amount of offense Test gets in is somewhat shocking. I mean, it’s not like its interesting or anything, it’s pretty slow and mundane, but really unexpected. Despite Test desperately trying to win the title and repay Austin for knocking him out last night, Austin still managed to get the big win following a Stunner, although you get the feeling Test just might be one to watch for the future. [B]Winner and still WWF Champion: Stone Cold Steve Austin in 8:40[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The New Age Outlaws are backstage when The Acolytes walk in on them. [B]Bradshaw:[/B] What the hell was your problem last night? [B]Gunn:[/B] Whoa, calm it down there, big boy. [B]Bradshaw:[/B] We want answers, damn it! [B]Dogg:[/B] Look, boys, we’re all in The Alliance and we don’t want to fight you. But when it comes to match we can kick that shiznit doogy style because anything goes, each man for himself, you feel me? The Acolytes push the Outlaws up against the wall and start intimidating them, when Jeff Jarrett and Duty Rhodes walk in. [B]Jarrett:[/B] Now what in the damn slapnuts is going on in here? What is wrong with you boys the last few weeks? [B]Dusty:[/B] Babehs, you gots some daaaamn exlehnen to do, babehs! I mean, we got the New Amehwican Dwheem Jeffreh Jarrett here, and babaheh’s, you just gon’ thrown him out the ring last night at the Rumble! Babeh, you don’t have the stroke, and you don’t, and you don’t, and you don’t! Jeffreh here was gon’ win Rumble babeh but you slapn… [B]Jarrett:[/B] Dee, you’ve gone incomprehensible again. Breathe. Calm. [B]Dusty:[/B] Sorry, babeh. They just make me so damn angreh. [B]Jarrett: [/B]I know, Dee, I know. So? You boys have got some explaining to do. I’ve got all the stroke around here but you threw my sorry ass out the ring like a slapnut and I want to know why… now. Gunn: Because you tried to stop us fighting them. [B]Faarooq: [/B]Well, I’ll be damned, the punk has said something I agree with. [B]Bradshaw:[/B] The truth is, Jarrett, if anyone tries to stop us from kicking those littles bastards asses again, we'll beat them up too. It's about time you Outlaws learnt some damn respect. [B]Jarrett:[/B] And maybe it's time you understood what side we are on. Come on, Dee, lets go find Shane-O to sort this mess. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sable is backstage, being seen to by an EMT after the assault from the unknown woman earlier tonight when Lance Storm walks in. He checks up on her to find out she is okay, but she wants revenge and walks out, leaving Storm alone with the EMT. [B]EMT:[/B] Lance, everyone knows you like Sable. Why don’t you just tell her or ask her out? [B]Storm: [/B]What? [B]EMT: [/B]Everyone knows, just ask her out. [B]Storm:[/B] I don’t know what you’re talking about, we’re just friends. She’s my manager, she helps sort my career, plus she’s got the Women’s Title now, and we’re just friends. Nothing is going on. And besides, she only just split from her husband, so I wouldn’t make a move even if I was interested. Which I’m not. We’re just friends. Suddenly, Test bursts in the door and shoves Storm out of the way while turning to the EMT. [B]Test:[/B] Yo, Doc, you see what that punk Stone Cold did to my face? What’s that all uh-boot? I need my face fixed; the chicks won’t dig me if my beautiful face is all messed up. Austin damn near punched a hole in it. [B]Storm:[/B] Hey, we were talking. [B]Test: [/B]What uh-boot, Sable? [B]Storm:[/B] Yes, actually. [B]Test: [/B]Get a grip. A girl like Sable would never go for a guy like you. She’s hot. She’s got huge melons. She deserves to get nailed by a chick magnet and stud like myself. You’ve got no chance. But I? I might just get myself a piece of that meat. Now beat it, punk. Storm at first looks angry, but eventually comes down, perhaps a little hurt by what Test has said. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Shane McMahon & Finlay vs/ “Rowdy” Roddy Piper & Jerry “The King” Lawler[/SIZE][/B] An unusual tag match to say the least, all stemming from Piper being beaten at the hands of Shane, and King being fired because of him. Lawler steps out from behind the announce table for this one, giving Heenan a chance to run his colleague down- as if he wasn’t doing that with him there. Obviously, Finlay spends most of the match in control and in the ring for his team, although Shane McMahon certainly does impress when he is in there. Piper and Lawler put up a good fight, and with experience and success like they have that almost goes without saying, but Finlay appears to have the match won when he nails Piper with the shillelagh, only for [b]Christian[/b] to run in from the crowd, climb to the top rope and knock the Intercontinental Champion funny with a Missle Dropkick! Finlay staggers back as Piper rolls him up… 1… 2… 3! [B]Winners: Roddy Piper & Jerry Lawler in 7:03[/B][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- William Regal is backstage, about to be interviewed by Kevin Kelly. [B]Kelly:[/B] William, welcome to Raw. [B]Regal:[/B] It’s Mr Regal to you, but thank you. [B]Kelly: [/B]Okay, Mr Regal. Why did you attack Lance Storm earlier in the night? [B]Regal:[/B] Was that not bloody clear when I explained it after the match? I gave that toerag exactly what he deserved for besmirching the good name of Europe. A Canadian European Champion? It’s disrespectful to men like myself who have lived and worked in Europe to have a Canadian repre… Regal stops as he is joined by Sir Desmond Lowford Brownington III Esq and Lord Charles Headbangerington Moshterford VIII. They are obviously as ridiculously dressed as ever. [B]Sir Desmond:[/B] Oh yes, too bloody true that. [B]Sir Charles:[/B] Quite. [B]Sir Desmond:[/B] It’s about ruddy time someone came along and did the decent thing by standing up to that little no-bag. [B]Regal:[/B] It’s “toerag”. [B]Sir Charles: [/B]Quite. [B]Sir Desmond: [/B]That’s what I said. I’m ever so glad you are here, kind sir, because last night I tried to bring some respect to the good name of Europe and, well, it’s rather embarrassing actually, but came up rather short. Such a shame. But oh well, now you are here to help bring back the respect of Europe all will be right again. [B]Sir Charles:[/B] … [B]Sir Desmond:[/B] Lord Charles, do you have anything to add? [B]Sir Charles:[/B] Oh… yes… Quite. [B]Regal:[/B] Well, thank you for the welcome, and you speak a lot of sense, but… wel… you’re not bloody well English are you? Sir [B]Desmond:[/B] Not English, we’re about as English as fish and chips, guv’nar. [B]Regal:[/B] Wait… you’re putting on a c0ckney voice now? I thought you were posh? [B]Sir Desmond:[/B] Yer… howay man. Engleesh. [B]Regal:[/B] Now you’re Geordie? [B]Sir Desmond:[/B] Aye, calm down, calm down. [B]Regal:[/B] Scouse? Oh… oh I see, I get it. You’re trying to annoy me, aren’t you? Well let me tell you this, sunshine? If you ever come over here and disrespect me again I’ll hack you down with a bloody… with a… oh, forget it. Regal walks off, as the other two watch him go. [B]Regal:[/B] Stupid bloody country. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Droz is backstage with Michael Cole: [B]Cole:[/B] Droz, tonight you had perhaps the biggest win of your wrestling career when you beat Tazz, but why did Goldust help you? [B]Droz:[/B] Haha! Why did Goldust help me? WHY… did he help me? Why did the boy with no friends, the boy they all picked on, WHY… did Goldust help me? Maybe the freaks will unite and take the world! Haha! Why? [B]Cole: [/B]So were you in cahoots all along? [B]Droz:[/B] Was I? Was he? Were we?! Haha! I… have NEVER… spoken to him before. We are not friends. I don’t have… friends. Suddenly, Goldust appears behind Droz and rubs his body, breathing in, before biting at him. [B]Goldust:[/B] Dddddrozzzzzzzzzzzz…. Ssssssssssss…. Drooooooooooozzzz…. I spent a year of my life fascinated… obsessed… devoted… dedicated… to Tazz. His movements, his aggression, his violence… it’s so picturesque, it should be a Hollywood Film, it should be a… sssss…. Shattered Dreams Production. But tonight… last night… Drrrrooooozzzz…. You hurt him. You hit… ssssss…. Hard. You hit…. Sssss… Fast. And I loved it. Droz… you… are… incredible. I’ll be watching you. Droz just lets out an almighty laugh, almost hysterical as JR, King and Heenan comment on how it might be the most disturbed thing they’ve ever seen. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Triple Threat Match to Determine the Number One Contender to the WWF Championship[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]Owen Hart vs. “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock[/SIZE][/B] I somehow doubt that if this were to be this years Wrestlemania main event anyone would be disappointed, which just goes to show what a huge match this is for Raw and a battle cry in the ratings war with WCW. Shawn Michaels, however, seems somewhat fatigued after going over an hour last night, and even The Rock had to go over half an hour, so Owen Hart dominates quite a lot of the match, being the freshest man. The crowd can’t seem to decide between them whether to support HBK or The Rock, but seem unanimous in their hatred for Owen Hart. All three men throw caution to the win and Owen Hart winds up getting the Sharpshooter on HBk for the… no! Wait! The Rock is in the ring and unloading on Hart! Owen can’t defend himself as The Rock catapults him out of the ring! Rocky is now stalking Michaels… Rock Bottom! No! HBK elbowed him out! Sweet Chin Music… caught by The Rock… spins him around in to a Rock Bottom! He makes the cover… ONE… TWO… THR… NO! Owen broke up the count! He came from nowhere! Owen now takes over on The Rock, punching him over and over before grabbing his legs… Sharpshooter! But The Rock powers out! The Rock goes for the Rock Bottom but Owen ducks it… tries for the takedown but The Rock takes him down! Sharpshooter on Owen! And nowhere to go! Owen has to tap… and he does! Owen taps! But there’s no referee… he’s distracted by Shane McMahon! Damn it, Shane! The Rock lets go and goes for Shane, not realising Owen has gotten to his feet, as the former champion charges… but is met with a Spinebuster! That only means one thing… People’s Elbow! Off comes the pad as he runs in to the rope, over Owen, back off the other… Sweet Chin Music! Michaels hit it! ONE… TWO… TH…. No! Shane pulled the referee out of the ring! The referee is out as Michaels gives chase to the owner of the company! They go around the ring and Shane slides in, but HBK is blindsided by Owen Hart before he can attack. Between them they beat down on Michaels, not giving him a chance to recover as they stomp on him over and over again… [SIZE="4"][i]BREAK IT DOWN![/I][/SIZE] The crowd cheer as Triple H comes down to the ring, looking absolutely furious with sledgehammer in hand. Owen and Shane are frozen in fear until The Game slides in the ring, causing them to sprint out and away. Michaels gradually gets to his feet, obviously in great pain as Triple H helps him up… NO! Triple H just hit his best friend in the face with the sledgehammer! NO! Shawn Michaels is busted wide open as he lays unconscious on the mat. Helmsley drops the hammer and mounts his friend, delivering strong right hands to his face, over and over again. The crowds’ original boos turn to pleading Helmsley to leave his friend alone as he beats on him over and over again, Michaels’ limp body obviously unable to put up any resistance. Finally, Triple H gets off him, but only to pick up the hammer once again. He looks out on the crowd who are booing ferociously, so The Game gradually brings the hammer up above his head, before bringing it down with great velocity in to the unconscious body of Shawn Michaels, a man he once called his best friend. [B]Triple H: [/B]Yo, Shawn… [b]Game Over.[/b][/CENTER] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- QUICK RESULTS Lance Storm def Tajiri to retain the WWF European Title The Undertaker def Chyna Droz def Tazz Stone Cold Steve Austin def Test to retain the WWF Championship Jerry Lawler & Roddy Piper def Shane McMahon & Finlay Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock vs. Owen Hart ended in a No-Contest

Archived