World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude

[B]Hilton Hotel, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 5:32am, 9 November 1997. The morning before the Survivor Series PPV.[/B] I laid in bed, fully aware that it was now too late to sleep as I would have to get up in an hour. No, it had nothing to do with my wife’s ridiculously loud snoring, it was pure adrenaline. It was little over twelve hours ago I was officially offered the job as the Head Booker of the World Wrestling Federation, effective as of 1 December. I had been working there for nearly four years now, firstly as a Road Agent and then part of the booking team. Vince McMahon had been doing most of the booking, with assistance from myself, Vince Russo, Gorilla Monsoon and a couple of others. I don’t know why Vince decided to use a definite Head Booker over the joint system he used before. Vince said he didn’t know how long the on air talent could trust him, but I didn’t know what he meant and presumed it was just an answer to shut me up. As I gradually slipped out of the bed, trying dearly not to disturb the other half, I ran through our plans for Survivor Series that night. It should be a good night, as Survivor Series always is. The crowds are generally pretty hot and the roster puts on their A game. My only concern is the pro-Bret Hart crowd would crap on the disqualification finish we had planned for the Title match between Hart and Shawn Michaels. It was no secret that Hart had signed for rivals WCW with McMahons blessing. Us bookers wanted him to drop the strap ever since he signed, however, Hart always had an excuse. When asked to hand the title to Michaels that night, Hart refused, saying he didn’t want to lose to Michaels, who he had an animosity towards due to Michaels attitude off screen. He didn’t think Michaels would do it if the roles were reversed. So we settled on him vacating the title at the next night on Raw. It wasn’t ideal, but it was the best we could do. I’m surprised Vince hadn’t taken up my idea to give the strap to Ken Shamrock, who had made Hart and Michaels tap out to his Ankle Lock finisher in the last two weeks. The obvious choice would be him, but I guess McMahon has a plan. I have to trust him. He’s my boss after all. He says it’s a DQ finish tonight, then I trust him. He says Hart can go to WCW, I have faith in him that it’s the right thing to do for business. It’s a funny thing, trust. Despite this, I was going into the job with a positive attitude. The roster, while far weaker than WCWs, was doing okay. We had Michaels, one of the best workers of his generation. We had Ken Shamrock, a former Mixed Martial Artist who had made the transition to pro-wrestling well. We had Owen Hart, a great technical worker. We had Mick Foley, the most dedicated and nicest people in the business, who is totally commited to giving the fans what they want. We had The Undertaker, the phenom, the cornerstone of the Federation since his debut nearly 8 years ago, who was entering an interesting feud with his “brother” Kane, and we had some very good young guys about to hit the Main Event, like Rocky Maivia and Triple H. And oh yeah, we’ve got Stone Cold Steve Austin. The hottest thing in wrestling right now. So I was delighted with my new job. How that would change by this time tomorrow…

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]The Molten Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 1:12am, 10 December 1997 Two hours after the Survivor Series PPV.[/B] “What the hell have you done? Is this why you hired me for Head Booker?” I yelled at Vince, still sporting a real nice shiner from where Hart punched him in the locker room. “Calm down, Dave, let me explain.” Vince retorted. “Calm down? Calm down? Why in the hell should I calm down? You just screwed Bret!” I shouted, even louder than before. “I don’t need this right now, I’ve had nothing but this for over an hour now. People are walking out on me, I’ve been punched, I’ve been spat at, I’ve had all sorts of things thrown at me. I’ve gambled. I need the backing of my Head Booker.” “Well, you can forget about that. Bret is a friend of mine. And you kept me, one of your closest aides, in the dark about it. You allowed me to accept the job of Head Booker without telling me I would be dealing with this.” “I’m sorry, but I had no choice. I couldn’t risk him turning up on Nitro with the belt.” “But how could you not tell me? Surely you would know I would have a backlash to deal with?” “Yes, I realised that, but I couldn’t risk too many people finding out and letting Bret know.” “So you don’t trust me?” “That’s not what I meant. Only Hebner, Michaels, Briscoe, Hunter and me knew about it.” “You said Michaels and Hunter didn’t know to Bret?” “I say a lot of things for the good of this company, Dave.” “How could you do it to him?” “I didn’t have a choice.” “You know what, I don’t care. I now have to be Head Booker for what will be a hated company, minus Bret, Owen, Davey Boy, Neidhart and Foley.” “And ‘Taker. He walked out just before you got in here.” “You’ve gotta be kidding me?!” ---------------------------------------- Last night I was Head Booker of a sleeping giant. Now I’m Head Booker of the most hated company in the world. At the Survivor Series pay per view, in an unexpected turn of events, Shawn locked Hart in the Sharpshooter, when referee Earl Hebner and Vince McMahon demanded for the bell to be rung for a title change via submission, despite Bret never giving up. Hart, realising what had happened, spat in McMahon’s face and proceeded in ripping the announcers table apart. In other words, Bret got screwed. As previously mentioned, Mark Calaway, Mick Foley, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith and Jim Neidhart all offered to follow Bret out of the WWF. There had been no word whether they would be allowed to or not. I have absolutely no idea on what to do. Vinny Mac was right when he said he couldn’t count on the trust of the roster. He didn’t even have my trust. He had persuaded me to stay with the Federation, but I didn’t like it. If it wasn’t bad enough that I wasn’t overly fond of his preference of hosses and “The Clique” over strong workers, or his narrow mindedness, I no longer trusted him. I used to be virtually a “yes” man to him. But that was all about to change. I would never, and will never, be a “yes” man to a person who could do something like that to a person he had a good relationship with. I’m doing things my way, and in the process ensuring the World Wrestling Federation becomes the product it should be. Or get *gruff voice* “ffffiiirrrreeeeddddd” trying.

OOC: Just to let you know a bit about this, this is the December 1997 Montreal mod by Grimmas and Carlito (thanks guys) on TEW05, so some of the ratings may seem high as it isn't 07. Also, I already started this game so the first few months will be summaries, giving main news and PPV results. The actual diary will start the day after No Way Out, which was held on Sunday, Week 3, February. I hope you enjoy it, and please leave feedback as I would like to know what people think, and I want to make this the best diary I can, which is only possible if people tell me what I'm doing right/wrong. Keefmoon

[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/1997.jpg[/IMG] [B]December 1997[/B] Since the fateful day of the Montreal Screwjob, a lot has happened in the WWF. Davey Boy Smith and Jim Neidhart were granted their releases. The Undertaker, Mick Foley and Owen Hart weren’t. Much of the distrust lingers, but has quietened a bit. The original backlash from Montreal has cooled, and our company’s prestige and popularity only had a minor setback. The first things I did in my new role was to release Todd Pettengill, Ed Ferrara, Tom Pritchard, Luc Poirier, Doug Furnas, Harvey Whippleman, Flash Flanagan and Steve Lombardi from their contracts. I developed a parent company relationship with Jersey All Pro Wrestling, in which I would use them as a development league. I intended on making the most of this opportunity, and hence signed the following to developmental contracts; Adam Copeland Jason Reso Kurt Angle Lance Storm Matt Hardy Jeff Hardy Christopher Daniels Shane Helms Shannon Moore Sean Morley Steve Corino Steven Richards Billy Kidman (released from his WCW contract) Chavo Guerrero Jr (released from his WCW contract) Chris Kanyon (released from his WCW contract) Obviously not all of these workers need to be at JAPW to raise their ability, but some could do with developing their styles towards the WWF style. Whatever that is. In addition to this, Beulah McGillicutty, Steve Williams and the legend Roddy Piper were hired as on air talent, and Ricky Steamboat and Sgt Slaughter were hired as Road Agents. Michaels had entered a feud with Ken Shamrock, Taker puts his feud with Kane on the backburner (Kane the character doesn’t have a contract for storyline purposes, and his portrayed as an outsider monster intent on destroying his “brother”) while he feuds with Rocky Maivia, Owen Hart is feuding with Vince McMahon and D-Generation X out of support for his brother. Stone Cold Steve Austin is also feuding with Vince and also Mankind. Jerry Lawler “snapped” after repeated Jim Ross comments about how he is past it in the ring, and stepped out from behind the commentators table and started up the “King Of The Court Open Challenge”, where he sets out to prove he can still hack it against anyone who wants to try. He remains undefeated throughout the month. Jim Cornette replaced him as colour commentator. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/D-GenerationX.jpg[/IMG] The December Pay Per View, WWF In Your House: D-Generation X, was held in the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington in front of 30,000 fans. It took about PPV 770,000 buys. [B]Quick Results[/B] Shawn Michaels w/ Triple H & Chyna def. Ken Shamrock to retain the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Mankind The Undertaker def. Rocky Maivia Kane def. Terry Funk in a non-sanctioned match. Owen Hart def. Triple H w/ Chyna Jeff Jarrett w/ Sunny def. Marc Mero w/ Sable to retain the WWF Intercontinental Title Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler def. Sgt. Slaughter in the King Of The Court Open Challenge New Age Outlaws def. Legion Of Doom to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WCW.jpg[/IMG] WCW had a poor month, losing popularity despite a pretty good pay-per-view in Starrcade, held in Bret Harts home country of Canada . The highlights were Hogan successfully defending his title against new acquisition Hart, Ric Flair downing Scott Hall, Eddy Guerrero and Jim Duggan retaining their Cruiserweight and United States titles respectively and Rick Rude defeating Perry Saturn to become the TV champion. Surprisingly, DDP, The Giant, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash and Sting weren’t used in matches. The Streak TM, which reached an incredible 26,482-0 win-lose record, of Bill Goldberg was abruptly ended at this PPV by, ahem, ‘Mongo’ Steve McMichael. Thank you WCW, we need all the help we can get.

[QUOTE=tristram;195517]Great start keefy. I thoroughly look forward to watching this develop. I love the streakTM count :)[/QUOTE] Gidday Tristram! Thanks for the feedback, and glad you're enjoying it. For some reason I feel like I want to impress you with my diary writing abilities, which seems so sad I know! Look out for what Goldberg does... well... next. Personally I think they're handling him pretty well... ;)

[B]9:57PM, 31 December 1997 A Hall Near Stamford, Conneticut[/B] As I take a breather from the New Years festivities in the the local hall which my wife dragged me to, I contemplate my first month as Head Booker for the World Wrestling Federation. It had been a fairly turbulent month. Despite the dust starting to settle following the events in Montreal, things weren't as good as I'd hoped when I took the job on. A great example is the relationship between myself and Bret. He is certain I knew something on some level, and in effect, has "terminated" our friendship. He talks to me when I call him, but doesn't make an effort to remian friends. I guess I can't be too surprised: he isn't talking to Owen either at the moment. As part of the crowd that is the WWFs employees, many on-goings passed by me. I told Vince what he wanted to hear, and thus he was nice in return. So I liked him. Myself and Jerry Brisco had a pretty nice relationship. I respected his past in the business, we were both working towards (what I thought at the time) were the same things, so we got on pretty well. But now I stand above most of the employees, and harbour greater creative control over what happens here, I started to take notice. To say I was looking through rose-tainted glasses isn't quite right, but the general idea of it is. I now look at Vince as everything that is wrong with the wrestling industry. He is like a politician. He will say anything and do anything to be number one and doesn't care who he harms. In a recent interview, he bashed WCW, saying his policy is "help yourself, not harm your neighbour." Excuse me?! Did I hear that right?! Mr Death Of The Territories thinks he doesn't harm his competitors? I'll go ask the people who worked at the NWA, AWA and WCCW, shall I? Stupid thing is, two months ago I'd have bought into that BS. Which leads me on to Brisco. Don't get me wrong, I respect the wrestler in him. But as a person, I think he's got a lot to answer for. He is one of the many people who has been brainwashed by Vince's policies, and disregarded everything they stood for. He had a history with people through the NWA, but wanted to rid them of their jobs when the WWF reigned supreme. Now WCW is top of the mountain, he gets offended and aggressive when they use predatory tactics. He can't understand why they're doing it. Go figure. The attiutde backstage towards Vince has caused me a lot of problems. During a creative meeting, in which, as Head Booker I should surely have a considerable say in, I challenged one of Vince's ideas. No-one backed me, even though I was clearly right. After the meeting, Russo whispers in my ear "if you wanna last in your job, I wouldn't go against McMahon again." I'm sorry, but that is a joke. There is no point in me having this job if, ultimately, McMahon gets the final say and I can't express my views. However, even with these issues, I feel a solid start has been made as the Federations booker. We are making ground on WCW, and personally, I think we're putting on a superior showing. Now where'd I leave that glass of champagne?

[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/1997.jpg[/IMG] [B]January 1998[/B] Another strong month for the WWF puts added pressure on WCW. A busy month in the build up to Wrestlemania saw a hectic working schedule and even less time with my wife. There has been greater emphasis on worker ability, which has seen longer matches and people being allowed to go out every night and have the best match they can. It’s working, but would work better if I didn’t have to do it with guys like Dennis Knight and Mark Henry. Taz was signed from ECW and walked straight into the main roster, as did Michael Hayes, as a manager for the called up Adam Copeland and Jason Reso, renamed Edge and Christian. Chavo Guerrero Jr was called up to the main roster to add to the Light Heavyweight title division, currently made up by TAKA Michinoku and… no wait, that’s it. Lance Storm was called up to face Shawn Michaels in an Open Challenge match for the title, and had an outstanding match, as they have great chemistry. Aside from that, even more developmental singings were made, many for the furthering of the currently non-existent Women’s division; Tommy Dreamer Yoshihiro Tajiri Lisa Moretti Terri Poch Luna Vachon Nora Greenwald Jacqueline Moore Mayumi Ozaki Kyoko Inoue Akira Hokuto Manami Toyota Rhino Richards Dave Batista Mike Quackenbush Doug Williams Michael Lockwood Frankie Kazarian Homicide Rob Conway Mr Aguila Quite a busy development territory, as you can see. Unfortunately, Don Callis and Robert Maillet were released from their contracts. The King Of The Court Open Challenge saw Lawler go over alumni such as Goldust, Bob Holly, TAKA Michinoku, Blackjack Bradshaw and Roddy Piper. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RoyalRumble.jpg[/IMG] The monthly pay per view was the Royal Rumble, which was held in the Palace at Aubern Hills in front of a nearly 30,000 attendance, and improved on the last PPV with a buy rate of over 800,000 [B]Quick Results[/B] Shawn Michaels def. The Undertaker in a Casket Match to retain his title when Kane interfered. Post-match, Kane set the Casket, with Undertaker still in it, on fire. Stone Cold Steve Austin won the 30 man Royal Rumble Stone Cold Steve Austin then def. Royal Rumble runner up Rocky Maivia in an impromptu match after Maivia claimed Austin had cheated Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler def. ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper in the King Of The Court Open Challenge New Age Outlaws def. Legion Of Doom in a Parking Lot Brawl match to retain their WWF Tag Team titles. Jeff Jarrett def. Marc Mero to hold onto his WWF Intercontinental Title. The event got a lot of praise. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WCW.jpg[/IMG] WCW had an average month, but given their incredible roster are starting to receive some stick. Their PPV Souled Out had an attendance of 50,000 people, and saw Hogan beat red hot Sting to keep the title, The Giant pinned Diamond Dallas Page, the Steiner Brothers held onto their tag belts, Jim Duggan retained the US, 48 year old Kevin Sullivan remained TV champ after beating Psicosis and Rey Mysterio gained Cruiserweight Gold from Eddy Guerrero. No in ring sign of Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Chris Benoit, Randy Savage or Bret Hart. Goldberg’s career is continuing to sky rocket following the end of The Streak TM with a hugely impressive 2 wins and 1 loss record against Raven and Brad Armstrong. That’s 2-2 since the start of December. Hogan’s lucky he has so much backstage clout, otherwise he would have had some company at the top of the mountain with records like that. I generally use dark matches to test the water for feuds and tag team combinations. So far, I’ve had some bad feedback about chemistry for three feuds that would be used in moving the company forward. Undertaker vs Rocky Maivia. No chemistry. Undertaker vs Kane. No chemistry. The match I had planned for Wrestlemania next year, Stone Cold vs Rocky Maivia. Yeah, you guessed it. Zero chemistry. But Lance Storm vs Shawn Michaels, Jerry Lawler vs Blackjack Bradshaw and Kurt Angle vs Blackjack Windham? Hell yeah, excellent chemistry. I don’t know why I took this job on.

[B]7:48PM, 31 January 1998 My house, in the suburbs of Stamford, Conneticut[/B] The new years resolutions came and went faster than the hangover, and before I knew it January 1998 joined them in the past. It was another strong month for the company, as the Royal Rumble has set the ball rolling for Wrestlemania XIV. Hugely over Stone Cold Steve Austin won the Rumble, and fellow younger guys like Shamrock, Rocky and Triple H also had good showings. The buy rate was up on IYH-Generation X and things seem to be going well. Even WCW seem to be making mistakes, so the gap is getting smaller. I've come to realise that in this war between us, we got shot in the leg. Some thought we would die from it, but instead we went into surgery, recovered and worked twice as hard to be the best soldier we could. And luckily for us, WCW may be doing exactly what we did when we were on top a couple of years ago: they think they're untouchable. No-one is untouchable in this business. No-one. I've also think that despite having issues with McMahon, and trying to move the company towards a more match and worker orientated environment, my job is safe as long as I can remain successful. The Federation has been hugely profitable in the two months I've been there, and the product has been as good as I've seen it for a while. In addition to this, the three goals I was set by Vince at the start of my tenure was to not fall below a Global enterprise, have more than $757,000 in a years time and more than $1,500,000 in two years. According to research we are more popular now than two months ago, and we have in the region of $14,500,000 so I think I'll make the targets. And surely, if the fans are happy, McMahon can't fire me? Any other owner wouldn't. But McMahon would. And I knew that.

[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/1997.jpg[/IMG] [B]February 1998[/B] A slightly slower month in terms of matters of interest, as I gradually settled in to my new job. Unfortunately I had to let, Steve Blackman, Brian Lee, Akira Hokuto, Kyoko Inoue, Miguel Perez Jr., Savio Vega, Bruce Pritchard and Afa the Wild Samoan go, as I had no use for them. Fortunately, I was in a position where was free to release Mark Henry, and did so immediately. I always hate letting people go, but this is business and you have to accept it’s just part of the job. It was particularly a shame for Akira Hokuto and Kyoko Inoue as they had only been hired last month, however, during research we found that crowds just weren’t interested in a phenomenal Women’s division, and the booking team felt we should focus on T&A, as that suits this era better. Personally, I think that’s sexist, but that’s just his attitude. But don’t worry, I won’t let this one go. The WWF will have an active and respectful womens division one day. As Rocky Maivia is feuding with Stone Cold, who is also trying to feud with Shawn Michaels and D-Generation X, Rocky has become an honouree member of DX. This isn’t expected to be a long term thing due to Rockys commitments with the Nation. He was even handed a DX shirt for the 6 man tag team match pitting Kane, Michaels and Rocky against Austin, Owen Hart and Mankind. HBK made the same offer to Kane, with slightly less successful results. Goldust declared himself the number one contender for the Intercontinental title, but Jarrett announced it would be on his terms, when he wanted it. Jarrett chose immediately after the Bizarre Ones match with Kane on Raw. Jarrett dominated the match against a worn down Goldie, however, Goldust sneaked the win with a surprise roll up, which has led to Jarrett trying to make his life hell ever since. Vader refused to resign with us. “Hello, Mr Vader, welcome to Job City. Population: you.” [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/NoWayOut.jpg[/IMG] We held WWF: In Your House: No Way Out Of Texas in the Toyota Centre in Texas in front of an audience of 14,250 to rave reviews. However, it was the lowest PPV yet for buy-rates, nearly 100,000 buys less than the Rumble. [B]Quick Results[/B] Shawn Michaels def. Owen Hart via a Triple H interference. An early contender for match of the year, despite the cheap finish. Stone Cold Steve Austin battled through his lack of chemistry with Rocky Maivia to have a brilliant match and picked up the victory. Terry Funk, Ken Shamrock and ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper def. The Nation Of Domination (D’Lo Brown, Faarooq and Mabel) Kane def. Mankind in a Barbed Wire Massacre Match New Age Outlaws def. The Headbangers to retain their WWF Tag Team Titles Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler def. Blackjack Bradshaw in the King Of The Court Open Challenge. Triple H & Chyna def. Marc Mero & Sable Goldust def. Jeff Jarrett to retain his newly won WWF Intercontinental Title in a very good match Michael Hayes, Edge & Christian def. The Legion Of Doom in a 2 on 3 handicap match. Kama was booted out of the Nation and given an “injury” after failing to go along with the plan of taking out random people to show their worth, and for paying too much attention to the ladies. I wonder what gimmick I’ll use if he returns? He was replaced in the Nation by The Big Useless Lump. Oh sorry, Mabel. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WCW.jpg[/IMG] As I am stopping the summary at the start of Week 4, and WCW Superbrawl isn’t until Sunday, I have no PPV to report on. They have, however, signed a deal to show WCW Weekly on a Saturday. This is a shame as a “Thursday Night Raw” or equivalent isn’t quite ready yet.

OOC: Okay, so that's it. I've now got up to speed to where I am on the game. The game will continue at a proper speed, with detailed shows, previews and the rest. I hope you enjoy it. Also, could someone tell me how to upload videos onto this? I like making them and have some already prepared, like a couple for Wrestlemania and the Raw opening, all made by me. They are on photobucket, but how do I get them on here? Would I be right in thinking it is via the "Insert Link" icon? Feedback is appreciated.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWF.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Roster[/B] [I]as of Monday Week 4 February 1998[/I] [COLOR="Navy"]Faces In Blue[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]Heels In Red[/COLOR] [B]Main Eventers[/B] [COLOR="darkred"]Kane[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Ken Shamrock[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Mankind Owen Hart[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rocky Maivia Shawn Michaels[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Steve Austin The Undertaker[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Triple H[/COLOR] [B]Upper Midcarders[/B] [COLOR="darkred"]Billy Gunn D’Lo Brown[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Dr Death Steve Williams[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Faarooq[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Goldust[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Jeff Jarrett Kama Mustafa Mabel[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Marc Mero Mosh[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Road Dogg[/COLOR] [B]Midcarders[/B] [COLOR="navy"]Ahmed Johnson Bart Gunn Blackjack Bradshaw Blackjack Windham[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Don Harris Edge Ron Harris[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]TAKA Michinoku Taz[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Vader[/COLOR] [B]Lower Midcarders[/B] [COLOR="navy"]Bob Folly[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Christian Crush Gangrel Henry O. Godwin Phinias I Godwin[/COLOR] [B]Openers[/B] [COLOR="navy"]Barry Horowitz[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Brian Christopher[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Chavo Guerrero Jr Flash Funk[/COLOR] [B]Enhancement Talent[/B] [COLOR="navy"]Lance Storm[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Scott Taylor[/COLOR] [B]Semi-Active Wrestlers[/B] [COLOR="darkred"]Jerry Lawler[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Roddy Piper Terry Funk[/COLOR] [B]Managers[/B] [COLOR="navy"]Beulah[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Chyna Michael Hayes Paul Bearer[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Sable[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Sunny[/COLOR] [B]Announcer[/B] Jim Ross [B]Colour Commentator[/B] Jim Cornette [B]Referees[/B] Earl Hebner Mike Chioda Shane Kennedy Tim White [B]Authority Figure[/B] Vince McMahon [B]Road Agents[/B] Dory Funk Jr Gerald Brisco Pat Patterson Ricky Steamboat Sgt Slaughter [B]Backstage Workers[/B] Dutch Mantell Gorilla Monsoon Stephanie McMahon Vince Russo [B]Teams[/B] [COLOR="DarkRed"]D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) [COLOR="navy"]Edge & Christian[/COLOR] Harris Brothers[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk)[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn)[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]New Midnight Express (Bob Holly & Bart Gunn)[/COLOR] OOC: Not, I repeat not, Bombastic Bob and Boadacious Bart or whichever way around it was [COLOR="darkred"]The Godwinns The Nation (D’Lo & Mabel)[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]The New Blackjacks (Bradshaw & Windham)[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Too Much (Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor)[/COLOR] [B]Stables[/B] [U]D-Generation X[/U] Shawn Michaels Triple H Billy Gunn Road Dogg Chyna [U]Nation Of Domination[/U] Rocky Maivia Faarooq D’Lo Brown Mabel[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWF.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="5"]Title Holders[/SIZE][/B] [B]The World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWFWorldEagleWings.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ShawnMichaels.jpg[/IMG] "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels [B]The World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWFIntercontinental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Goldust2.jpg[/IMG] Goldust [B]The World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championships[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWFTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JesseJames1998.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BillyGunn19982.jpg[/IMG] Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, The New Age Outlaws [B]The World Wrestling Federation Light-Heavyweight Championship[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWFLightHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TAKAMichinoku.jpg[/IMG] TAKA Michinoku[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=totti;195709]I'm really liking this one so far and I can't wait for the shows to get started.[/QUOTE] Thanks very much, buddy. Appreciate it. A word of warning: the first show has a low rating cos I miscalculated the timings and got punished for the too little amount of angles. The preview is coming up soon, then the show will be a bit later. Thanks again.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ObsessedWithWrestling.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/NoWayOut.jpg[/IMG] Review by Judd Duff A couple of weeks ago we ran an article discussing whether the World Wrestling Federation had screwed themselves in Montreal. Last night at No Way Out Of Texas they gave another signal that they hadn't. The product they are currently running is a million miles from the product they were offering last time they were on top. It's faster, it's slicker, it's edgier, and it may just be the thing that will make them the number one in wrestling again. Last week we pondered whether an Owen Hart vs Shawn Michaels feud was a good idea, as it could remind Hart fans of the what happened in Montreal three months ago. But all problems were dispelled in what was possibly the best match so far this year in the Main Event. Owen Hart settled in to the title match perfectly and the bout was the sort of fast paced, solid, explosive and exciting encounter we've come to expect from Shawn Michaels. The only questionable aspect was the finish. With the referee down, Hart had Michales locked in the Sharpshooter and Michaels tapped. However, Triple H levelled Hart with the chair and Michaels made the cover for the win. Honestly, a match of this quality deserves a better ending. It does however free them up for a feud after Michaels has faced Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania, and the rumoured Owen Hart vs Vince McMahon match at Mania will probably be furthered tonight on Raw. Stone Cold Steve Austin had a strong match against Rocky Maivia, who proved himself why Head Booker David Holt regards him so strongly. The two lacked chemistry, but the crowd was so into it no-one really noticed. Austin picked up the victory following the Stunner to continue his momentum into his first Wrestlemania Main Event. Rocky appears to be entering a feud with Shamrock, who Rocky has been trying to avoid facing for over a month now. Shamrock attacked him after Rockys match with his Anklelock finisher. Goldust successfully retained his newly won Intercontinental title against Jeff Jarrett in another great match, and Kane vs Mankind was a spot fest that wouldn't look out of place in Japan. The backbody drop over the top rope onto the board covered in barbed wire, and the closing Tombstone on the barbed wire looked great, but to say it was merely Mankind getting beaten up would be unfair on Kane, who took some pretty disgusting-looking bumps himself. However, it would be naive to suggest No Way Out was a total success. The WWFs remaining reliance on older wrestlers in the midcard is uncomfortable to watch the lack of athleticism in Terry Funk, Jerry Lawler, Roddy Piper. All tree are legends, no doubt, but are very past their prime. Despite this, most matches are strong and entertaining, and if the World Wrestling Federation can carry on with this level of shows they will soon be giving WCW a run for their money faster than a Goldberg Streak TM can end.[/CENTER]

OOC: That was actually going to be the Raw preview, but I had a sudden change of plans and thought it would be easier to understand Raw Is War if you had a clearer idea of what happened at No Way Out, particularly as the Rumble, No Way Out and all the Raws in between are all aiming at Wrestlemania.

Keef, did you say you were playing this mod on TEW '05? If so could you point me in the direction as to where I can download the mod from? I'm still using '05 myself as due to a hectic workload over the last 6 months I don't feel I've played that game out yet. MY nephew however has this mod for '07 and it sounds rather awesome.

[url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13929[/url] There you go buddy it's in there. Hope you like my diary thus far, I know it's not far in but hope it's okay so far. And if you get good at it then let me know so I can use your help! :p

[CENTER] [SIZE="5"]WWF.com presents...[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/raw.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]Preview[/B][/SIZE] Following Shawn Michaels successful title defence against Owen Hart at last nights pay-per-view In Your House: No Way Out Of Texas, the main event for Wrestlemania XIV is set to be Shawn Michaels against the Royal Rumble winner Stone Cold Steve Austin. The two will meet in the ring tonight, not for a match, but to sign the contracts to put the match in writing. But how will this set with Owen Hart? “The Black Hart” had Michaels tapping to the Sharpshooter before Triple H interfered, but now finds he’s out of the title picture. Hart will surely have some strong words for DX, and for owner Mr. McMahon. After Kane’s brutal victory over Mankind in the Barbed Wire Massacre, what evil plans do the Big Red Monster and his manager Paul Bearer hold in store for tonight when he goes up against legend ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper? The Headbangers have decided to put the rematch clause in the contract for last nights Tag Team Title match against New Age Outlaws into immediate effect. The degenerates came out of Texas with the gold still around their waists, but will tonight be the unique team of Mosh and Thrasher do what no-one has managed since the Outlaws formation in November and wrestle the belts from their grasp? Speaking of unique, Goldust beat Jarrett for a three count for the second time at No Way Out. Jarrett swore, once again, to make Goldusts life hell, until he was made to pay for taking Double J’s Intercontinental Title. Ken Shamrock proved he is without doubt the Worlds Most Dangerous Man after he made D’Lo tap for the win in their 6 man tag match, before adding an Ankle Lock to Faarooq and Mabel post match, and finally attacking Rocky Maivia after his match, which lead to Rocky needing medical attention. Shamrock goes up against the giant Mabel tonight, but what condition will the Nation be in after last night? Also, The King Of The Court Open Challenge will be open once again tonight. Who will take Lawler up on it? Tune in to the USA Network or TSN tonight to find out![/CENTER]

Archived