World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wow! I'm genuinely shocked guys! Thanks ever so much for the praise, I really, really appreciate it, especially coming from people who I have a lot of respect for on these boards. The first Raw is in the process of getting written, however, I keep scrapping it and starting again, as I really want to find my own style and one that complements the era and the product. And a warning: the first show isn't great: it had to be a set up show, as there is six weeks to Wrestlemania I wanted to get the ball rolling with a lot of storylines so they can climax at Mania. However, the show quality dips for a bit. It will pick up though and I'm quite fond of the Mania I have planned. Once again thank you everyone and I hope you keep reading!

[B]The World Wrestling Federation Presents[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/raw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/MunicipalAuditorium.jpg[/IMG] At the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri in front of a crowd of 8,707 A video plays showing the main action from the Owen Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match at In Your House: No Way Out Of Texas There is the usual pyrotechnic display, the camera pans the crowd, then changes to the announces table, where the two Jim's, Ross and Cornette, are sitting. [B]JR[/B]: Ladies and Gentleman, we are just six weeks away from Wrestlemania XIV, you can almost feel the pressure around us building. I'm Good Ol' JR, and I'm sitting beside Jim Cornette. Take it away Jim. [B]Cornette:[/B] Thanks JR, you're absolutely right, six weeks until 'Mania, and tonight we get the Main Event set in stone: HBK and the Texas Rattlesnake will be signing the contract for the title match. ---------------------------------- Owen Hart's music hits and he comes to the ring. A small chant of "Owen Got Screwed" Arises. He looks frustrated and is sporting a plaster of sorts to cover the cut he recieved at the hands of Triple H last night. [B]Owen:[/B] Look, I’m gonna make this short and sweet: Michaels, last night I had you beat and you know it as well as I do. That hand you chop your crotch with was tapping the mat so hard I wasn’t even looking and still new were giving up. If it wasn’t for your little crony I would be standing here with the title. DX music blasts over the Titontron, but only Triple H comes out, and walks to the ring. [B]Triple H:[/B] Good God Owen! I’m sorry to interrupt your attempt at curing that fat guy in the third rows insomnia, but I have never heard a guy ***** the way you do. So you lost the title ma… [B]Owen: [/B]Hunter, I don’t wanna hear it. I want Michaels, here and now. [B]Triple H:[/B] Sorry, Bret, but… oh man… did I say Bret again? I did didn’t I? [B]Owen:[/B] Hunter. I’m gonna kick someone’s ass… one way or another. Owen clotheslines Triple H, picks him up, DDTs him. He then grabs the mic again. [B]Owen:[/B] No wait, this just aint gonna cut it. Tonight, I’m gonna prove why I should be in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. Me and you, tonight! Then we’ll see if Michaels and McMahon can ignore me! ------------------------- [U] [B]World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Titles[/B][/U] [B]New Age Outlaws (c) vs. Headbangers[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BillyGunn19982.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JesseJames1998.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Mosh.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Thrasher.jpg[/IMG] A closely fought rematch from No Way Out. Both teams went full out for the win, with Headbangers eventually getting the upper hand, until Billy Gunn kicked Mosh in the stomach out of the blue, forcing him to double over and Gunn pulled off an athletic leg drop type manoeuvre to get the three count. [B]Winner:[/B] New Age Outlaws in 13:48. [B]B[/B] -------------------- [B]Cornette:[/B] Wow, what was that move Gunn pulled off? [B]JR:[/B] It came out of nowhere and… oh… hold on… I’m just getting word that Mr McMahon has approved the Owen Hart/Triple H match for later on. [B]Cornette:[/B] Wow, that’s huge! We got ourselves a Main Event! ---------------------- With that, the camera cuts backstage to see Stone Cold Steve Austin entering the arena, to a huge pop. Dutch Mantell tries to get an interview [B]Dutch:[/B] Steve! Steve! Can I get a word? Austin carries on walking. [B]Dutch:[/B] Steve! You’re in the Main Event of Wrestlemania? How does it feel? Austin stops, then turns back [B]Austin:[/B] How do I feel? How do I feel? What sort of a stupid ass question is that? It’s pretty damn hard to feel happy ‘cos it’s nothing more than I deserve. I went to the Rumble, I kicked 29 sons of ***** ass, I went to No Way Out and kicked Rocky Maivias ass. Do I feel bad for Owen Hart? You’re damn right I do, and I respect the hell out of him, but that’s life. The bottom line is Stone Cold Steve Austin is gonna kick Shawn Michaels ass and walk out of Wrestlemania the WWF Champion, and that’s all I’ve gotta say about that. [B]Cornette:[/B] Wow, that was to the point. [B]JR: [/B]That's Stone Cold for you! ------------------------- Jerry Lawler comes to the ring. [B]King:[/B] Hello, royal subjects, and welcome, once again, welcome to the King Of The Court Open Challenge. I’m hereby reopening the court, and whoever wants to try and make a name for themselves, well, you’ve got a legend waiting right here. [U][B]King Of The Court Open Challenge[/B][/U] [B]Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ChavoGuerreroJr1998.jpg[/IMG] Chavo gets an early advantage, trying to keep the match at a fast pace, but eventually The Kings years of experience took over and eventually Chavo was put away with a Piledriver. [B]Winner:[/B] Jerry ‘The King Lawler in 9:55. [B]B-[/B] -------------------------------- The camera cuts backstage to show D-Generation X sitting around, except for Triple H, who is pacing up and down the dressing room furiously. [B]Triple H: [/B]Man, can you believe Vince? I thought he hated Owen? [B]Road Dogg:[/B] Dude, would you calm down, you know full well that you can kick his ass. [B]Triple H:[/B] That’s not the point, Roadie. I know I can kick his ass, I just shouldn’t have to. Shawn Michaels gets up. [B]Michaels:[/B] I don’t get what the big deal is, Trips? We showed last night that DX owns the Harts, and he comes out moaning. Kick his ass tonight, and Hart can get the hell out of our face. [B]HHH:[/B] You did need my help last night, though Shawn. HBK: Whoa! Hold your horses, Tonto! I didn’t need your help. But you have my back. That’s what we’re about; we have each others backs. [B]HHH[/B]: So you got my back? [B]HBK:[/B] Huntepher! How very dare you even ask that! You know full well that if I can kick a Hart’s ass, I’m gonna take it! Kansas City better lock up it’s daughters cos’ you just know tonight they’re gonna see the Heartbreak Kid! [B]JR:[/B] What a j*****s! Why can’t we just get a straight up one on one match out of those guys?! [B]Cornette:[/B] It’s called strength in numbers, JR, and I love it. If you’ve got an advantage, take it. That’s what sorts the champions from the likes of you! [B]JR:[/B] Well I don’t like it a single bit. [B]Cornette:[/B] Oh, right, I think I’ll go tell them, they must be dying to know whether they’ve got your approval. -------------------------------------- [B]Edge & Christian vs. New Blackjacks[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Edge1998.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ChristianCage.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BlackjackWindham.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BlackjackBradshaw.jpg[/IMG] [B]JR:[/B] You’ve gotta believe that this match has Tag Title implications written all over it; these two teams are red hot! [B]Cornette:[/B] Wrong again, JR: Edge & Christian are red hot; mark my words, these two will be Tag Champions in no time. [B]JR: [/B]So you’re saying them over the Outlaws? [B]Cornette:[/B] Um… shut up JR! Watch the match. A decent match between to on-form tag teams who were given the time to demonstrate their skills. Unfortunately, it seems the Blackjacks skills could have been demonstrated in far less time. The ending occurred when Edge and Windham were brawling on the outside and Bradshaw hit a hellacious Clothesline on Christian from nowhere that turned him inside out. [B]Winners:[/B] The New Blackjacks in 13:45 [B]C[/B] ------------------------------------- There is a camera rolling backstage, where Kane is walking. This is one of the few occasions we’ve ever seen him outside of the ring. Paul Bearer is waddling alongside, shrieking in his ear about how he will ensure Kane is going to rip through another legend in Roddy Piper tonight and further his climb to the top. As they’re talking, a hearse pulls up nearby. About 8 druids get out, line up, and then walk into the arena. Paul Bearer notices it, and grabs Kane and tells him to look. As Kane looks back, the hearse has disappeared. ----------------------------------- [B]Taz vs. Vader[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Taz.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Vader.jpg[/IMG] JR and Cornette do their upmost to promote this match, and more importantly, the tenacity of Taz. However, you can help but get the feeling everyone knows Vader is leaving so he is just being jobbed to yet another up-and-comer. Taz finishes off a particularly dogged offence with a Tazmission submission victory. [B]Winner:[/B] Taz in 9:57 [B]C[/B] ------------------------------------ Backstage, Jeff Jarrett is walking backstage, looking for something. He stops every now and again to ask “have you seen him?” but doesn’t stay long enough to hear the answer. Just as he gets frustrated, Dutch Mantell approaches him for an interview. [B]Dutch:[/B] Jeff, Jeff, can I have a word? [B]Jarrett: [/B]Dutch, have you seen him? [B]Dutch:[/B] Who? [B]Jarrett: [/B]That big, golden freak? [B]Dutch[/B]: You mean Goldust? Jarrett shoots a look straight through him. [B]Dutch[/B]: Err… no, sorry champ, I haven’t. [B]Jarrett[/B]: Champ? Champ? Are you trying to **** me off? Don’t… **** me off! When I find him, I’m gonna kick his ass so hard… I’ll… I’ll Goldust walks up to him. [B]Jarrett[/B]: There you are. [B]Goldust:[/B] I have a name. And it’s…. Gooollldust! Goldust bites towards Jarrett. [B]Jarrett: [/B]You listen here, you’ve still got my belt, and I want it back. So hand it over, and go back to the circus where you belong. [B]Goldust:[/B] Sticks and stones, Jeffery, sticks and stones. This piece of luscious… golden… piece of recognition is stay firmly attached to my waist. [B]Jarrett:[/B] I want a rematch. Tonight. Now. [B]Golust: [/B]Dream away, Jeffery, dream away, but that dream will be shattered. You want a rematch……..? No. I’m moving on up to the more illustrious of competitors. Once again, he bites towards Double J, then walks away. [B]Jarrett:[/B] He is gonna face me. Mark my words. I’m gonna make him pay, and I’m gonna hurt him, until he begs me for a match. -------------------------------- A video then plays to highlight Shamrock’s “reign of pain” last night, where he forced D’Lo to submit in the 6 man tag team match, before putting the Anklelock on Faarooq and Mabel post match, and finally attacking Rocky Maivia after his match with Stone Cold. [B]Ken Shamrock vs. Mabel[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/KenShamrock.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Mabel.jpg[/IMG] This grudge match pits the two contrasting styles of the Nation’s giant Mabel and the clinical and dangerous Ken Shamrock. Mabel tries to get into his slow, lumbering stride, but eventually Shamrock took over, belly to back suplexed him and then locked in the Anklelock for the win. [B]Winner:[/B] Ken Shamrock in 8:46 [B]B[/B] Shamrock has no time to celebrate (as if he would anyway) as the Nation’s theme plays over the Titontron. Rocky Maivia comes out on crutches, sporting a cast over his leg and ankle. [B]Rocky:[/B] Congratulations, you piece of trailer park trash, you got my attention. Look at my leg: ligament damage in my ankle. You know what that means? That means a jabroni like you, who I refused to fight, has cost me at least six months of my career. For now, I’m gonna take it out of your ass! Rocky goes to for Shamrock with his crutch, but Shamrock ducks it, and starts firing off on him. He stomps on his ankle a few times, then belly back to suplexes him, before doing that “Look at me scream! I’m clearly mad and dangerous!” yell he does. He rips away at Rocky’s cast, until he breaks into it and locks in the Anklelock on Rocky’s bare ankle. Rocky taps immediately and screams in agony, until Shamrock releases to a pretty good pop from the crowd. ---------------------------------- A video is then played, showing the main highlights from the Kane vs. Mankind match at No Way Out Of Texas in a Barbed Wire Massacre match. The spots shown include Mankind breaking a board covered in barbed wire over Kane’s head, Mankind being atomic dropped on the barbed wire ring ropes, Kane’s back body drop of Mankind over the top rope to the barbed wire below, Mankind hitting Kane with a 2 by 4 wrapped in barbed wire which had been set alight, and the closing sequence of a Chokelsam and Tombstone on the barbed wire boards. [B]JR: [/B]That monster Kane is uncontrollable. He ripped Mankind apart last night. [B]Cornette:[/B] He’s evil. That’s all there is to it. And he scares the hell out of me. [B]Kane vs. ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/KaneMask1998.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RoddyPiper2.jpg[/IMG] A fairly one sided match: Kane dominated the legend for the majority of the match, using his power arsenal to the full. Piper got into the match a few times but couldn’t keep Kane down long enough to even register a single pin attempt. Kane finished Piper off with a Tombstone. [B]Winner: [/B]Kane at 8:50 [B]B+[/B] [B]JR:[/B] Good God! I haven’t seen Piper be dominated like that in… in… well, ever! [B]Cornette:[/B] I said it before, and I’ll say it again. That guy… monster… thing scares the bejesus out of me. ------------------------------- As Kane stands over Pipers body, the lights go out, and the famous bong is heard. Smoke gradually fills the rampway, as the druids seen earlier slowly walk onto the staging area with torches. A casket, carried by six Pallbearers in cloaks is brought out to a mysterious humming noise, possibly made by the druids. The casket is laid down, and the Pallbearers return to the back. The druids simultaneously begin to light the casket, and it picks up on fire fairly quickly. The camera cuts to Kane and Paul Bearer, both watching intently, and Bearer seems to have lost half his body weight in sweat. That’s a lot of sweat. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning strikes the stage, and the stage erupts in balls of flames. Slowly, the flames begin to die down, and there is the silhouette of the unmistakable figure of the WWf’s resident deadman. [B]JR:[/B] Oh my! It… it… can’t be? It can be…. Can it? All of a sudden, the flames entirely die and standing there alone is The Undertaker. [B]Cornette:[/B] It’s The Undertaker! The crowd goes wild as ‘Taker stands before them, deadly still. Paul Bearer is totally fear stricken, and Kane doesn’t move. The Undertaker then speaks. [B]Taker:[/B] Kane! You thought you could kill me. You thought you could bring an end to me. The Undertaker does not die. I refused to fight you, you are my only brother. I would not compete against you. But what you did at the Royal Rumble was unforgivable. You tried to take my life. In return… I take yours. The crowd cheers. [B]Taker: [/B]While I was gone, I was not running scared. I was trying to sooth the souls of my parents, and begged for forgiveness for what I’m about to do. You have made this more personal than it has ever been, and for that you will pay. The camera cuts to Kane in the ring, apparently unmoved by what had just happened. He gradually raises his arms for his explosion scare tactic, and as his arms come crashing down another wall of fire emerges in front of The Undertaker. However, Taker merely walks straight through it. [B]Taker[/B]: I will walk through the flames of hell to face you, Kane! And I only pray that God has some sort of mercy on your soul, because I will prove to you why I’m the most feared entity in the World Wrestling Federation, why I’m the Lord of Darkness, and I will make you…. Rest….. In…. Peace! The crowd erupts as the lights him to a dark shade of purple, Taker’s eyes roll into the back of his head, and he leaves. Kane’s mask means any signs of emotion, fear, resentment, anger or indifference are concealed. Paul Bearer is just lucky he’s wearing dark pants. [B]JR[/B]: Have you ever seen anything like that in all your years in wrestling?! [B]Cornette[/B]: No sir, I have not! We saw Taker’s casket get set alight at the Rumble, but he’s back? Back from the dead? [B]JR[/B]: You can’t kill what’s already dead! And Kane found that out the hard way! [B]Cornette[/B]: Oh my God! The Undertaker is back! ----------------------------------------- The camera cuts backstage to see an ambulance, with the Nation surrounding it. Rocky Maivia, on a stretcher, is being attended to, with Vince McMahon looking on. [B]Paramedic[/B]: It may be broken, or it may have made the ligament injury worse, I can’t tell until we get him to a hospital. [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: (angrily) Then get him to a damn hospital! Rocky is put in the ambulance, which then screeches away. [B]Vince[/B]: Shamrock is gonna pay for this! He was one of our top stars. Next week, I’m booking a 3 on 1 handicap match: Shamrock vs. the other three members of the Nation! [B]JR[/B]: What?! That’s not fair! Rocky refused to fight him in a match. Then tried to sucker punch him! Cornette: What the hell are you talking about? Shamrock is outta control, someone’s gotta take him down! [B]JR:[/B] Well, I don’t agree with that, but we have more pressing matters to deal with now, like the Owen Hart/Triple H Main Event, which is coming up next. [B]Cornette: [/B]Owen wanted a match, well he’s gonna get it; and he’s got the whole of DX to contend with! -------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TripleH1998.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/OwenHart.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Tonight’s Main Event:[/U][/B] [B]Triple H w/the whole of DX vs. Owen Hart[/B] A top class match from these two, fit enough to main event a PPV. The action demonstrates both of their styles perfectly, and the crowd give Owen a great reaction. There is still a growing amount of cheers for Triple H, though, as there is for the whole of DX. After a few minutes, DX’s constant intervention is punished by them being sent to the back. Around the 16 minute mark HHH appears to have the advantage, and attempts a Pedigree, but Owen Hart turns this into a back body drop, and then locks in the Sharpshooter, Triple H tries desperately not tap out until Michaels runs to the ring. He attempts his Sweet Chin Music, but it’s caught by Owen, who spins him around and hits a DDT on him. However, Triple H had got back to his feet and once again tried for a Pedigree, but Owen drops to the mat, grabs and trips Hunter’s legs, and once again locks in the Sharpshooter. Triple H has no choice but to tap out. [B]Winner:[/B] Owen Hart at 17:59. [B]A*[/B] ---------------------------------- [B]JR: [/B]Owen Hart was on fire tonight! [B]Cornette: [/B]JR, I hate Owen Hart as much of the next guy, but even I have to say that he looked unstoppable tonight. He’s made it clear that he wants to be the WWF champion! [B]JR:[/B] Yeah, but he’ll have to wait until after Wrestlemania; take a look at this: A video rolls showing the ending to the Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart match at No Way Out Of Texas, demonstrating HBK is the WWF Champion going into Wrestlemania. A video rolls immediately after showing the end to the Royal Rumble, where Stone Cold Steve Austin eliminated Rocky Maivia last. This was shown to demonstrate Stone Cold as the number one contender. ------------------------------ By the end of the video the ring has a red mat and a desk in the middle, and DX are still there after their ass-kicking. The camera then changes to Stone Cold walking towards the Gorilla position, where he meets Owen Hart, who is walking to the back. The two stop, and have a brief stare down. [B]Owen Hart:[/B] If it can’t be me that goes to Wrestlemania; I hope you kick his ass. Austin stares at him, then walks away, with Owen watching him go. The glass then shatters and the crowd erupts. It’s time for the contract signing. Once Stone Cold has reached the ring, Vince McMahon joins them to a chorus of boos. [B]Vince: [/B]Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the contract signing for the Main Event of Wrestlemania. As both competitors are here, I see no reason to get right under way. Shawn, if you will. Michaels looks at the contract, then looks at Vince, then Austin, then back at the contract. He licks the tip of his pen, then signs elaborately. [B]Shawn: Your go, chump.[/B] He throws the pen in Stone Cold’s face. Austin seems unmoved, picks up the pen, and bends over to sign it. As he does this, the New Age Outlaws jump his from behind, wailing on him. They drag him to the corner, where they and Triple H take turns to stomp on him. Meanwhile, Shawn just sits back in the chair and puts his feet up on the desk. However, Owen Hart comes running out from the back with the chair, and begins swinging it wildly at DX. They hightail out of the ring and make their way to the back. Owen yells at them, then turns to help up Austin. Austin groggily gets up, and Owen hands him the pen, which the crowd responds to with a big cheer. He takes it, but out of nowhere, Owen smashes the chair over Austin’s head! He stands over him, looks out to the crowd (who are booing unmercifully at him), picks up the pen and signs the Wrestlemania contract! [B]Cornette:[/B] Way to go Owen! You finally showed some fortitude! [B]JR:[/B] What?! He… he… he just took down Austin! Surely that signature isn’t legally binding? What has Owen just done? Raw goes off air with Vince McMahon looking shocked, Austin out on the mat and Owen Hart standing tall in the ring. --------------------------------------------- [B]Final Rating:[/B] B- It harmed our popularity. (OOC Note: I made a miscalculation and apparently didn’t run enough angles, which accounts for the low rating. I embellished on the angles to pad them out a bit more for the diary) Raw drew 695,378 on the USA Network and 1,263,474 on TSN. Nitro drew 1,935,720 on TNN and gave the fans a B show.

Wow, that was longer than intended! The rest won't be that long; I don't have that much time on my hands. As it's my first diary I would really appreciate feedback. I feel I'm still finding my feet a bit and still trying to find my writing style, so hopefully we will see an improvement over the next few shows. Also, would be interested in peoples opinions on layout? Could someone tell me how to get videos to actually be on the diary, rather than a link? I love making those little film bits (the Raw thing is my own creation) but would prefer them to be more easily accessed than giving a link. I hope you liked it, but if not then please tell me where you think I can improve. If you liked it, tell me what you liked and I'll try to keep it up!

The closing segment looks rather familiar... Replace Stone Cold with Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels with Triple H, Owen Hart with Shawn Michaels and the chairshot with a Superkick, and we have the Wrestlemania 20 contract signing... Anyway, good show mate, I'm going to keep reading this one.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;196325]The closing segment looks rather familiar... Replace Stone Cold with Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels with Triple H, Owen Hart with Shawn Michaels and the chairshot with a Superkick, and we have the Wrestlemania 20 contract signing... Anyway, good show mate, I'm going to keep reading this one.[/QUOTE] What on earth do you mean Wrestlemania 20?! Okay, I stole. But Owen Hart has caught fire over the last couple of months (As and A*s popularity in the US & Canada and A* momentum) and I wanted to carry on his feud with Michaels, as I really think it could go somewhere, so it seemed like the logical move. Besides that, I think it opens things up a bit. However, it won't be exactly the same as WM20... keep watching to find out why! Thanks for the support.

Nice show there keefy. It's good to see Owen Hart getting a good push, and Kenny Shamrock too. It looks like you're attempting to put a real focus on good wrestling. I must say I was shocked at Owen Hart's betrayal of Stone Cold, I was kind of hoping in my Hart of Harts that Owen would stay babyface and use the "Montreal Screwjob" incident to his favour. It's sad only the heels really got to use it well, and I'm sure Bret Hart would have enjoyed his little brother getting a push out of it, as I'm sure Eddie Guerrero looks down proud to see Chavo and Rey Mysterio get much earnt respect and pushes out of his tragedy (although I hope Rey got it on his own merits anyway as he deserved it). Great show, looking forward to seeing where you go with this, particularly interested in the Rock and Shamrock incident and where that goes. And... push ..... Shattered Dreams, man. That characterisation as much as it was cheesy was so brilliantly played that Goldust deserves recognition.

[QUOTE=tristram;196349]Nice show there keefy. It's good to see Owen Hart getting a good push, and Kenny Shamrock too. It looks like you're attempting to put a real focus on good wrestling. I must say I was shocked at Owen Hart's betrayal of Stone Cold, I was kind of hoping in my Hart of Harts that Owen would stay babyface and use the "Montreal Screwjob" incident to his favour. It's sad only the heels really got to use it well, and I'm sure Bret Hart would have enjoyed his little brother getting a push out of it, as I'm sure Eddie Guerrero looks down proud to see Chavo and Rey Mysterio get much earnt respect and pushes out of his tragedy (although I hope Rey got it on his own merits anyway as he deserved it). Great show, looking forward to seeing where you go with this, particularly interested in the Rock and Shamrock incident and where that goes. And... push ..... Shattered Dreams, man. That characterisation as much as it was cheesy was so brilliantly played that Goldust deserves recognition.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply. As you know, I respect your opinion greatly. Owen was a tough call. I had plans for all the top guys for Mania, and the plan for Owen was for a rivalry and a match with Vince. However, it seemed like a waste of his talent to have a rivalry which wouldn't highlight his ability. This way, he can be caught up in the title match and still be involved with McMahon. As he is on so much form at the moment the ideal plan seemed to be get him involved with the big feud, and enhance his popularity. I'm seeing this as Wrestlemania 15 (Rock Austin, with Mankind playing the Hart role) mixed with Mania 20. Obviously, there were two seperate match types in those, so I cant say which I'll use. As for Goldust, yeah it was cheesy. I realised that as I was writing it, but I always saw the whole Goldust thing as a bit cheesy anyway! And I think with his feud he had with Jarrett, his mannerisms were important to establish how very different they were. Thanks for reading, I may have another show up either tonight or tomorrow.

I want you to know that I hate you. Originally this is the diary I wanted to do and you stole it. (Not really but hey):D Great write up on the show. I agree that it sucks that only HBK/HHH got any real run off the Survivor Series incident. And Vince as well as that really put him on the map. Edit: I really got a kick out of how you ran WCW's results earlier in the thread and took little shots at them. StreakTM was classic. There's a website that has write-ups of all the WCW and WWF shows from like 1998-2000 by a bunch of different guys. If I can find it, I'll send it you as it has a lot of good "wit" material.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;196453]I want you to know that I hate you. Originally this is the diary I wanted to do and you stole it. (Not really but hey):D Great write up on the show. I agree that it sucks that only HBK/HHH got any real run off the Survivor Series incident. And Vince as well as that really put him on the map. Edit: I really got a kick out of how you ran WCW's results earlier in the thread and took little shots at them. StreakTM was classic. There's a website that has write-ups of all the WCW and WWF shows from like 1998-2000 by a bunch of different guys. If I can find it, I'll send it you as it has a lot of good "wit" material.[/QUOTE] Hi there, thanks for the reply. Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciated them. Well, maybe not the one about hating me! :p Probably the next in-character post I do will include WCW results. Only problem this they did a pretty good show and there isn't a lot to mock, espcially after I only managed a B- for Raw! I'm sure I'll find something. That would be good if you could send me those reports on WCW, I'd like to have a range of influences for my writing, as well as as much originality as I can get. I know what you mean about Survivor Series, but I would argue that maybe HHH didn't even really get a run out of it. He got one as much as he was part of DX and they were hated, but no proper run. I just think an Owen vs DX vs McMahon angle (which is obviously where I'm going) means all of those people can benefit from it. For instance, HHH calling Owen "Bret" is the sort of cheap heat that will get him more and more hated, and noticed. And I have plenty of plans for Owen Hart. Montreal gave him the platform to be something more; with a bit more of an edge (this is the attitude era, after all), he can go on to do anything really, rather than wind up in a tag team who's only pop from the crowd was when Debra had her chest out.

[B]1st March 1998[/B] Just five weeks until Wrestlemania now. FIVE WEEKS?! Oh cr@p! Last week was what is known as a transitional show. Despite having a good main event, the contract signing and the return of The Undertaker, it was pretty much just a show to further the storylines ahead of Wrestlemania. I would say that out of the nine or ten matches I plan to have at Mania, five are set in stone. I have four more pencilled in, but one I was pretty pleased with, has caught the no chemistry bug. So now I'm left with the choice of put on a match I know won't look very good, which goes against my principles, or put on a match with weaker workers. Or quit the job. Okay, I won't quit. But I still have a decision to make. Another of the pencilled in matches is a nightmare to decide upon. The match I want may bomb as the guys involved aren't hugely over, and they are of the same alignment. A couple of other alternatives have already been done in the short time I've been at the company. So I'm genuinely confused as to what to do, and the match is changing every day. This could be one of those that remains open until the day before. One thing I've had a slight issue with in the last few shows is the use of casual swearing. I have literally not heard the word "ass" be used so many times in a two hour space. The problem here is myself and Russo think we need to add more "attitude" to the company if we are going to compete with WCW. So while it may seem like an oxymoron, I'm still trying to get a fuse between half-naked women casually swearing and top class wrestling matches. The good thing about this is I know if I can find that balance, we're on to a winner. This new month indicates a new season of TV schedules. I've made both positive and negative moves in this area: the positive is we now have Raw Is War shown in Japan and Mexico, which will hopefully make the company even more Global than it is already (which will be furthered by the introduction of a few Japanese, British and Mexican workers over the next year). However, I struggled with negotiations with TSN, who we use for the UK and Canadian markets. Negotiations broke off, and we now have to rely on PPVs for the Britain and Canada. But if my plans work at the start of the next season, we will be the most exposed wrestling company in the world. WCW signed a deal with the USA Network for the Saturday night show "WCW Weekly". As there's no real wrestling competition on a Saturday night it should rate pretty highly. ECW lost its show Hardcore TV, and thus has left itself with a big problem. This has also disappointed me as I would have liked to have stolen one or two guys if they had achieved a bigger fanbase. I'm excited at the prospect of a few of our developmental workers. Some are coming along quite nicely and some have been promoted to dark matches before Raw Is War. I firmly expect to see a few make the call up before, say, King Of The Ring in June. One worker who won't be with us by King Of The Ring is Vader. After refusing to resign with us, he has been jobbing away to anyone I fancy. This week will Chavo Guerrero Jr. It will also be the last one before he's gone. Three people at WCW saw their contracts come up for negotiation over the past month. The first was Meng, who used to work with us as Haku, who went right to the wire before refusing to sign with me and choosing WCW. The second was rather more successful. The legendary Dusty Rhodes didn't resign with WCW, and we snapped him up as soon as he was on the free market. The third? Well, we'll see what happens first, shall we? WCW held Superbrawl last night. Unfortunately, it was pretty good. And even worse was it drew over a million buys: 300,000 more than our February offering. The highlights included the opening tag match between the Outsiders and the team of The Giant and Lex Luger (the word highlight is used loosely in this context), Rey Mysterio Jr defending the Cruiserweight belt, Jim Duggan retaining his US belt against Dean Malenko, The Steiner Brothers beating Nasty Boys to hold onto their Tag gold, Savage and Sting topping Flair and DDP, and the Main Event in which Hogan bested Bret Hart again. To add to my misery, the "vanilla midgets" were used pretty well. However, the Mismatch Misuse Match Of The Night award goes to, yeah, you guessed it: Bill "3 wins and 3 losses" Goldberg. While he picked up a victory, it was the match itself which was... well... weird. The brute, power-based-offence short and sweet monster teamed with the technical brilliance of Steven Regal to beat the Booty Man (WWF fans read: Brutus Beefcake) and the retired Rick Rude. At least now I can see how they got so many buys for the PPV. But Hogan is clearly at his political best at the moment, putting himself in the Main Event when there is a match of that magnitude on the card. Good ol' 3 for 3 Goldberg is closing in on the Main Event fast. Watch this space folks. Today it's the Booty Man and a retired manager, tomorrow the world.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]wwf.com presents[/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/raw.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B]PREVIEW[/B][/SIZE] Tonights Raw is going to see the fall out from the end of last weeks Raw, where Owen Hart shocked the world by signing the contract for the main event of Wrestlemania instead of Stone Cold. The WWFs lawyers confirmed that due to the generalness of the contract, it could indeed be signed by anyone. Either way, Vince McMahon has booked a huge main event for tonight’s Raw Is War, pitting the man who signed the contract, Owen Hart, against the man who was supposed to sign it, Stone Cold Steve Austin. We have no word no whether there will be any stipulations to this match. Last weeks Raw will be remembered for the return of The Undertaker. After Kane soundly beat ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper, the Deadman made an entrance only he can, complete with druids, pallbearers, lightning and fire. He swore vengeance against his brother, but Kane seemed unmoved by the events. It seems inevitable that they will physically clash at some point, so what will happen when they are together in the John E Worthen Arena tonight? Right now, maybe Kane should be more concerned with his match with the dangerous Dr Death on Raw is War! We expect to get a full update from Rocky Maivia at tonights broadcast, after the brutal attack on him by Ken Shamrock. The paramedic on sight thought it may be a broken ankle, or a worsening of the previous ligament trouble. Tonight we find out the severity of his injuries. For the first time since the Miss Rumble 1998 Swimsuit competition, we’re going to have ourselves a bikini contest! Sexy Sunny, beautiful Beulah and sensual Sable have all been confirmed, but rumour has it there will be a surprise entrant. Will it be the newest WWF diva? Or will it be a familiar face? Another match with implications for the Tag Team titles, a four corners match has been booked for tonight, where the Legion Of Doom, New Blackjacks, Edge & Christian and the Headbangers will all meet in the ring, with the New Age Outlaws watching on, no doubt. The King Of The Court Open Challenge will be opened once again, who will take the King up on his offer? Tune in to the USA Network to find out! [B]Scheduled matches:[/B] Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler vs. ??? Dr. Death vs. Kane Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. Vader Edge & Christian vs. Headbangers vs. New Blackjacks vs. Legion Of Doom Plus much, much more![/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I thought I'd give an out of character update for anyone that is interested. Which I'm sure isn't many of you but what the hell. I've sort of lost interest in this diary. I was playing it for a while before I made a diary out of it (hence the short monthly updates at the start) so by the time it came to making a diary, stuff in my life happened which made this diary less than important to me. I'm one of those people that will only do something if I can put my all into it, and right now, I can't put my all in to this. What doesn't help is I started up a WWE 2002 game just for leisure a little while back, cos that is the time I stopped liking the E so much, and whenever I go back to the game, I love trying to better what happened in real life, which is hard to do with WWF 1998 as they did a pretty good job in real life. Also, when I compare my potential Wrestlemania XIV and Wrestlemania XIX cards, there is no comparison. 19 looks amazing, 14 less so. So it's hard to get motivated to do this one. Anyway, the point of this monologue was just to let anyone who cared know that while I haven't totally given up on this bad boy, updates will continue to be sparse.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;200712]Damn, I like this diary, was starting to wonder what happened... But I suppose sparse updates are better than none.[/QUOTE] Cheers, I appreciate the comment. I guess one way of putting my feelings towards this diary right now is I've lost my smile. :p When I get it back I will go full out on it, regular shows and everything. But for the mean time, it's gonna be slow.

[CENTER][B]The World Wrestling Federation Presents[/B] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/raw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JohnEWorthen.jpg[/IMG] Held in the John E Worthen Arena in the Great Lakes in front of a crowd of 10,000 [/CENTER] A video is played to recap the contract signing for the WWF title match at Wrestlemania last week on Raw Is War, where Owen Hart signed the contract instead of Stone Cold Steve Austin. There is the usual pyrotechnic display, the camera pans around the crowd. [B]JR:[/B] Hello, folks! I'm good ol' JR Jim Ross and as always, I'm alongside Jim Cornette, and Jim, what a Main Event we have in store. [B]Cornette:[/B] Damn straight, Ross, we have a Main Event good enough to headline Wrestlemania itself, and it's here on Raw Is War! The music dies down and Owen Hart makes his way to the ring, and takes the microphone. [B]Owen:[/B] Now I realise a lot of people may not like my actions of last week, and to tell you the truth, I didn't like my actions either. I come from a family that promotes trust and sportsmanship. To think I went against my principles makes me feel sick. But when I feel like that, I think about two principles my family holds even dearer than those; justice and success. My brother got screwed out of the title, and I promised him I would avenge what he went through. Have I done that yet? No. But I won't rest until I have. And I will do what it takes to get to the top. I won't stand by and let people pass me by because I'm a nice guy. Enough is enough, and it's time for a change. With that, Austin makes his way down to the ring to a huge ovation. [B]Austin:[/B] Owen, I'm gonna make this real clear to ya; I respect you. I do. And I respect the hell out of your brother. And what Vince and DX have done to ya is criminal, but frankly, that's none of my damn business. I couldn't give a rats *** if it means I'm gonna lose what I earnt, and that is my chance at winning the title. [B]Owen:[/B] You know what, Austin, you're right. You shouldn't give a damn about me or my family, and with the same token, I don't give a damn about your title shot. [B]Austin:[/B] Well, if we've got that clear, then I guess there is nothing left but for me to give you the single biggest ***-kicking of a lifetime. [B]Owen: [/B]Look, if you want a fight, you know I won't back down. But I have a proposition for you. I will go to Wrestlemania at any means possible, but I want to feel like I've earnt that right to be there. So tonight, I'll make our match a number one contendership match for the World Wrestling Federation title at Wrestlemania! The crowd pops. [B]JR:[/B] Oh my God! That's huge! Vince McMahon then makes his way onto the rampway. [B]Vince:[/B] You know what, there is nothing I would rather see than my two least favourite people kick each others butts, so that stipulation has hereby been added to your match tonight. The crowd pops again. [B]Vince: [/B]But that's tonight, for next week, I want you both to be involved with DX. And you will get a chance at winning WWF gold... the team of Owen Hart & Stone Cold Steve Austin will face the New Age Outlaws for the WWF Tag Team titles next week live on Raw Is War! [B]JR:[/B] Wow! Another huge match! Owen and Austin might wind up Tag Team champions! [B]Cornette: [/B]True, but do you think they can co-exist? -------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Thrasher.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Mosh.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BlackjackWindham.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/BlackjackBradshaw.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ChristianCage.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Edge1998.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Headbangers vs Legion Of Doom vs The New Blackjacks vs Edge & Christian[/B] A solid opening match from the top four teams in the WWF behind the champions, each trying to stake their claim to be the number one contenders. After an open battle, Edge took advantage of a distracted referee to hit Thrasher with a chair to pick up the surprising win for the young team. [B]Winners: Edge and Chirstian in 13:54 Match Rating: C+[/B] -------------------------------------------------- The camera cuts backstage to show Jeff Jarrett walking. He turns a corner, and walks passed a storage cupboard. There is the sound of a TV in there, so he turns back and looks in the cupboard, without letting the camera see who is inside. He pulls out with a shocked expression on his face, until the shock gradually fades into a smirk, and Jarrett walks away, seemingly now with a purpose. -------------------------------------------------- A video is then shown to recap Ken Shamrocks brutal assault on Rocky Maivia last week, as well as exclusive footage of Rocky in the hospital. [B]Cornette: [/B]I can't believe that psycho put Rocky in the hospital again. I hope he gets what is coming to him tonight. He may have ended Rocky's career for all we know. Get well soon, Rocky! [B]JR:[/B] Oh, please! Could you be further up his ***?! -------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/ChavoGuerreroJr1998.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Vader.jpg[/IMG] [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Vader[/B] The final job of Vader before he leaves for pastures new, this time to a guy absolutely tiny in comparison. The fans are heavily on Vader's back from the start, until the statement is firmly made when he is made to tap out to the Light Heavyweight Chavo. [B]Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr in 8:12 Rating: C-[/B] -------------------------------------------------- The camera catches up with Goldust in his lockeroom, getting dressed in a rather disturbingly sexual way, until Dutch Mantell interrups and conducts an interview with him. [B]Dutch:[/B] Goldust, we just have got news that you are defending your Intercontinental Title tonight against Nation Of Domination member Faarooq. Your thoughts? [B]Goldust: [/B]My thoughs are, Double Dutch, that tonight, like a lamb to the slaughter, Faarooq with be taken through the Nation of Shattered Dreams, where... Goldust is interrupted by Jeff Jarrett. [B]Jarrett: [/B]Goldie, Goldie, Goldie, how you doing, pal? Listen, I'm not here to attack you, I'm not here to fight you, I'm here purely to warn you. If you don't grant me my IC title match, your life will become hell. Last week I made an empty threat. This week, I know how. Give me a the title shot, and things won't get nasty. [B]Goldust:[/B] It is frightening how little you know me, Jeffery. I love it when things get (looks Jarrett up and down) nasty. [B]Jarrett:[/B] Okay, you listen here you Golden Slapnut; you are forcing me to go to places I don't want to go. Give me the title shot, or force me to take your perverted life and rip it apart. [B]Goldust:[/B] JJ, there is no choice to make, 'cos I will shatter your dreams again and again, so that you will never forget the name of…ssssssss…Golllduussst. Goldust exits the locker room. [B]Jarrett:[/B] Well don't say I didn't warn ya. -------------------------------------------------- The shot then changes to the DX locker room. [B]Road Dogg: [/B]What the hell does Vince think he is playing at, giving them a shot at our gold? [B]HBK:[/B] Doggy, don't tell me you are questioning Vinny Mac? [B]Billy Gunn:[/B] Well, why in the hell shouldn't he? [B]HBK:[/B] Don't you get it? Your titles aren't in danger. Owen & Austin can't co-exist as a team, they will just end up beating the **** out of each other again. They have as much chance of taking your titles as either one of them does of taking mine at 'Mania. [B]HHH:[/B] Owen & Austin don't stand a chance in hell against either of you. They are just names that will be mentioned years from now as part of the DX legacy, under the title: "People Who Got Their ***es Kicked By DX". [B]HBK:[/B] It doesn't matter what hyperbole that big lump of goo JR sprouts, DX is where it's at, and by eliminating Hart & Austin next week, you'll prove it. ----------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/TAKAMichinoku.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG] [B]King Of The Court Open Challenge[/B] [B]TAKA Michinoku vs Jerry "The King" Lawler[/B] An okay match between people from contrasting styles, backgrounds, cultures and generations. The Light-Heavyweight champion got in some decent offence but eventually Lawler put the youngster away with a Piledriver. [B]Winner: Jerry Lawler in 8:46 Rating: C[/B] ----------------------------------------------------------- After the match, The King looks out into the crowd, then does the Piledriver signal, indicating he is going to go for another. But as he picks him up, the lights fade, smoke fills the rampway and the Heart Monitor sound echoes throughout the arena, as Taz makes his way down to the ring. Just as he gets in the ring, Lawler hightails out of there. Taz grabs a microphone. [B]Taz: [/B]Hey, Lawler, listen up real good, 'cos I've got something to say to you. It makes me physically sick to watch an over-the-hill old-timer like you getting TV time every week when someone like me busts my chops for nothing. I don't respect you, and I don't respect anybody. You earn your respect by getting in the ring with me and proving you're the better man. You have this God awful open challenge thing going, well I accept your challenge. Lawler just continues to head back to the locker room. [B]Taz:[/B] That's right, walk away *****. I am Taz, the Human Wrecking Machine, the most miserable son-of-a-***** in wrestling today, and I will ruin you, Lawler. I'm gonna punk you out. Lawler, I'm coming for you, 'cos I'm thug life born, thug life bred, and when the time coes, I'll be thug life dead. Taz exits the ring to a decent reception from the Great Lakes crowd. ---------------------------------------------------------- After Taz leaves, Michael Hayes makes his way to the ring. [B]Hayes:[/B] Gentlemen, let me see you stand to attention, 'cos we're gonna have ourselves a bikini contest: get the women out here! One at a time, Beulah, Sunny and Sable make their way to the ring, and slowly and sensually strip down to their bikinis that leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. The crowd pop pretty well. [B]Hayes:[/B] Oh yeah! I know you guys like what you see, and you're going to like it even more, because after she took time off for family reasons, we are going to have the return of the Golden Diva- ladies and gentlemen, please give it up, for Marlena! Marlena, as ever, is smoking a cigar as she comes down to the ring in a golden robe. Once there, she slowly slips off her robe to reveal the most non-existent gold bikini in captivity. The crowd pops greatly. [B]Hayes: [/B]I think we have our winner; Marlena! Marlena continues to stroll around the ring showng off her, ahem, assets. However, the camera cuts backstage to show Jeff Jarrett watching the screen intently, rubbing his hands and smiling almost evily. --------------------------------------------- Triple H makes his way down to the ring, still getting a pretty good reaction from the crowd despite being a heel. [B]Triple H: [/B]I am almost embarassed to say what I'm about to say; I'm still pretty new around here, relatively, and at my age most people are just starting their career. Now, I may not have been WWF champion, but I have done everything there is to do here. I have beaten every single person worth beating. Twice. And I've even beaten nobodies like Marc Mero & Owen Hart. So, in the build up to Wrestlemania 14, I am declaring that I will not be performing. Because I have no... Mankind, who wasn't expected to be at the show, makes his way to the ring. [B]Mankind:[/B] I was sitting in the boiler room with a 10 inch TV watching you talk, and I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. At No Way Out Of Texas I got my butt handed to me by a monster, who ripped my flesh from my body with barbed wire. As far as my matches go, that was pretty tame. But after putting my body on the line for the good of the fans, I have to watch you talk about how you have beaten everyone there is to beat. Triple H: You're damn right I have. [B]Mankind[/B]: Last time I checked, you hadn't beaten me? [B]Triple H:[/B] Like I said, lumpy, I've beaten everyone worth beating. [B]Mankind: [/B]While that may be true, it still offends me ever so slightly that I'm not on that list. But as I don't have a match for Wrestlemania, how about I try and prove to you I'm "someone worth beating"? [B]Triple H: [/B]I would, but I won't. I won't for your own safety. Mankind, you don't understand the way things are at the top of this company. It's cut throat. It's a world you were never meant to be in, and a world you will never be able to comprehend. (Mankind just stares blankly at him). You don't get it, do you? Okay... I'll make sure you get it. Be careful what you wish for Mankind, because this is a dangerous place you're walking in to. If you thought what Kane did to you was bad, wait until you cross me. I will make your life hell......... but not tonight. Triple H leaves the ring and walks back up the ramp, occassionally turning back to taunt or yell something at Mankind. -------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/WWFIntercontinental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/Goldust.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/RonSimmons.jpg[/IMG] [B]World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Title Match Goldust (c) vs Faarooq[/B] A surprisingly great match from these two. Goldust, as always, played the weird role to perfection, and Faarooq complimented him ideally almost as a homophobe, at times desperate not to even touch Goldust. The Nation interfered as much as possible, until referee Shane Kennedy sent them to the back.Goldust then picked up some momentum and retained the belt following a bulldog. [B]Winner And Still Intercontinental Champion: Goldust in 11:31 Rating: B+[/B] ------------------------------------------------ After the competitors had left the ring, Rocky Maivia surprisingly made his way to the ring alone, with the aid of crutches, and a huge cast on his leg. Once in the ring, he grabbed a microphone. And called out Ken Shamrock, who duly came out. [B]Rocky:[/B] Look at me, Shamrock. Look what I have become because of you. I'm crippled. Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement. I, Rocky Maivia, is hereby is retiring from active competition due to the sincerity of my injuries. Shamrock, I hope you are happy. I may never walk without the aid of crutches ever again. So there, you have it. You proved you are the better man. Congratulations. I'm done with. But before I leave this company forever, I want you to see the damage you have done to my ankle. Rocky awkwardly bends over, and begins to take his cast apart. It takes a while because it is pretty thick. Just as Shamrock seems to take an interest for the first time throughout the whole announcement, Rocky pulls a lead pipe out of his cast and hits Shamrock over the head with it! Once Shamrock is down and busted wide open, Rocky drops the crutches, rips off the cast, and proceeds in punching Shamrock repeadly from a stradle position, until he picks up the lead pipe again and works on his ankle, then hits him once more in the head for good measure. He then picks up the mic. [B]Rocky:[/B] You stupid piece of trailor park trash! You think you really hurt me? Of course you didn't. Yeah, you tore my ligaments, but this is me we're talking about. A torn ligament doesn't even make me limp you stupid son of a *****. You think you beat me down, well I just layed the Smackdown on you like you could never do to me. Why? Because I am no longer Rocky Maivia; I am now The Rock, the most electrifying, baddest son-of-a-***** in the WWF who couldn't give a rats *** about anyone but himself. Consider yourself to have hit Rock Bottom, ***hole. [B]Cornette:[/B] I love it! The Rock! That's brilliant! And all that with torn ligaments! [B]JR: [/B]He didn't really have torn ligaments, dammit, he just said that to screw Shamrock! -------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/KaneMask1998.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/SteveWilliams.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kane vs "Dr Death" Steve Williams"[/B] Basically a squash match, but with Dr Death catching the Big Red Machine off guard at times and actually hitting some offence. However, Kane looked unstoppable out there by the end of the match the entire audience truly believed if anyone could beat The Undertaker, his psychotic, monsterous half-brother could. [B]Winner: Kane in 7:55 Rating: A[/B] -------------------------------------------------- Afer the match, the lights went out and the bongs were heard again. Paul Bearer shrieked like a little girl and hid behind Kane, who stood tall in the ring. A bolt of lightning struck the stage to cause a huge explosion, and when the lights came back on 'Taker was already in the ring behind Kane. When Paul Bearer saw him he stumbled backwards and fell in fear, but Kane stood tall still and went face to face with the Deadman. After what seemed like an entirity, Kane gradually backed away and out of the ring. [B]JR:[/B] My God! Did you just see what I saw? Kane just backed away from The Undertaker! [B]Cornette: [/B]Is it safe to open my eyes yet? ----------------------------------------------------- The Rock is walking backstage with a smirk on his face, where he is intercepted by Vince McMahon. [B]Vince:[/B] That was a nice trick, congratulations. However, I hope you realise the ramifications of your actions? The paperwork and insurance files and all of that **** for nothing? I will get my *** handed to me by the insurance companies after a flase claim. I'll tell you what, The Rock, if I have to mop up your mess then next week, on Raw Is War, you will go one on one with Ken Shamrock! Vince storms off as The Rock looks stunned. A graphic is then shown on screen for Owen Hart vs Steve Austin, and we're ready for the Main Event. -------------------------------------------------- [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/SteveAustin.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/keefmoon/OwenHart.jpg[/IMG] [B]Number One Contendership Of The World Wrestling Federation Chamionship at Wrestlemania XIV[/B] [B]Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Owen Hart[/B] Once again, another incredible performance from "Mr Consistency" Owen Hart in a Raw Is War Main Event. The action was back and forth, with both men doing everything they can to get to 'Mania. Just when it seems like one has the win, they manage to get out of it. There is attemped Stunners and Sharpshooters galore, until the referee gets knocked out. Stone Cold leaves the ring and gets a steel chair. He patiently waits for Owen to arise, and as he does he swings for him he misses and drops the chair. Owen gets him in a facelock and hits a DDT onto the chair just as the referee comes to in time to count the pinfall. [B]Winner and Number One Contender for the World Wrestling Federation Title at Wrestlemania: Owen Hart in 20:48 Rating: A*[/B] Raw Is War goes off the air with Owen Hart standing in the ring above Stone Cold, with the referee holding his arm in victory. ------------------------------------------------ Final rating: A It should have increased our popularity. The show drew 644,398 viewers on the USA Network, 5,070 on TV Asahi and 2,832 on TV Azteca. WCW Nitro was held in British Colombia and gained a rating of C+ with a Main Event (and I use the event term loosely) of Diamind Dallas Page def. John Tenta. Also on the card Jim Duggan defended his US title and Rey Mysterio retained his Cruiserweight gold, as well as the Outsiders beating the team of The Giant and Lex Luger. It drew a ridiculous 1,872,444 viewers on TNT. The *******.

Archived