Lacking Creativity, Lacking Interest

Alright...I can’t for the life of me get into a game anymore. No matter the company, the goal, how much time I have spare on my hands, it doesn’t matter. In the end, I really believe that it’s because I can’t get into this like I’m really booking wrestling. It’s all the same crap, nothing original, matches, beatdown, promo, brawl, match, etc, etc, etc. So, does anyone have any tips? What do you guys do to actually make your feuds interesting and original rather than same crap, different day. I dunno if I really explained this very clearly and it's probably a little confusing but I'll try and explain more if you question it.

[QUOTE]I can’t get into this like I’m really booking wrestling.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]It’s all the same crap, nothing original, matches, beatdown, promo, brawl, match, etc, etc, etc.[/QUOTE] Matches, beatdown, promo, brawl, match, etc, etc....sounds like real booking to me. :) What "original" things were you looking for exactly? Taking away the matches, promos and angles doesn't really leave you with a lot to do for a wrestling booking simulator.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;203671]Matches, beatdown, promo, brawl, match, etc, etc....sounds like real booking to me. :) What "original" things were you looking for exactly? Taking away the matches, promos and angles doesn't really leave you with a lot to do for a wrestling booking simulator.[/QUOTE] Well, it's just like...all my feuds seem to be the same crap, with that forumula, obviously with different results at each step, slight changes etc. But otherwise, there isn't any real crap behind the storylines, outside of people fighting over a title or for the right to get a shot at a title, it's just...either we have nothing else to do, or you attacked me now we'll have a feud. I know wrestling is essentially this crap over and over again, I guess it's just the depth I feel my games lack. Although, maybe I expect too much for something that is exactly that...just a game.

You can create angles that are somewhat specific, and then import them into a game to make it seem like your storylines are unique. In fact, I'm running a game where the Zombie (from ECW, Tim Arson) is going to have a couple of newly created Zombie followers... lol.

[QUOTE=Colby;203667]Alright...I can’t for the life of me get into a game anymore. No matter the company, the goal, how much time I have spare on my hands, it doesn’t matter. In the end, I really believe that it’s because I can’t get into this like I’m really booking wrestling. It’s all the same crap, nothing original, matches, beatdown, promo, brawl, match, etc, etc, etc. So, does anyone have any tips? What do you guys do to actually make your feuds interesting and original rather than same crap, different day. I dunno if I really explained this very clearly and it's probably a little confusing but I'll try and explain more if you question it.[/QUOTE] Mr. Ryland said it best, that sounds like real booking to me. I know I complain more than anyone around here, but my heart's always in the right place. This game is damn fun and hella adicting. Anyway, I do have one major tip. Use your imagination to pretend that you're actually watching your product. That's what helped me in e-wrestling and it's what helps me have fun with TEW2007. As part of that, you could try running some custom-made angles that put forth segments that you might not otherwise see. I had a serial killer back in my e-fed, for instance; it's a great way to fire people! The best part is, in TEW2007, your audience doesn't know the difference and most likely won't get offended into ditching your product! So basically, just imagine and picture your product. Oh, and if you use the real world for your games, [i]do not[/i] play current scenarios; the wrestling industry is going down the crapper right now, and most of the newbies running around today don't have a quarter the talent of the previous generation. If you play CornellVerse, try playing something else instead, as even I can't get into that for whatever reason. Try Death of the Territories, War's End (any of them), or wait for TCP1's 1998 scenario; all would be excellent choices and take place in periods that could bring about some good stuff.

Yeah... you'll get bored eventually. But the possibillities in this game are endless... if you want... you can just create a database with the lone promotion being just friends in your school. I tried that for a while. If not, you should try using a nice angle pack. (I havent tried looking for one, but their are loads out their. BTW does anyone know where I can find a good one?)

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;203716]Yeah... you'll get bored eventually. But the possibillities in this game are endless... if you want... you can just create a database with the lone promotion being just friends in your school. I tried that for a while. If not, you should try using a nice angle pack. (I havent tried looking for one, but their are loads out their. BTW does anyone know where I can find a good one?)[/QUOTE] I pretty much just imported all the angles from all the mods out and put them into the one I'm currently using. DOTT and War's End have some fun angles. As for the game's replayability, any and every game hits it's limit, especially when you play it a lot, but this game is by far the deepest wrestling sim ever. Thanks to the in-game editor, the import features, the ability to write your own storylines, and the multiple database feature, the game doesn't get old, if you're willing to put the effort into setting up your game. I've been spending the past two weeks alone mearly setting up a real world game to my liking, the brunt of it being those pesky title histories, but hey, I gotta have 'em!

In DOTT, I especially like "Warrior Rants" (some might consider this blasphemy, but I had Ric Flair put on a "Warrior Rants" segment for ten minutes) and "Bear Mauls Diva" (I don't know if I'll be able to resist hiring one of the bears and then putting Dana Dameson in this angle once she debuts, because hot or not, it's freaking hilarious).

ive been burnt out a few times too and my longest game was only a year, plus i dont think any of my other ganes have gotten close to that. but what i try to do is get a new scenario and usually very creative long storylines help you get into it. theres so many possibilities, for bigger promotions i try to create the next main event star out of nothing, smaller promotions is usually getting popular and eventually winning the war and in historical mods i like to save a promotion/book the way they should have. you'll get back into it eventually, the games too good to give up or just forget about. Good luck buddy

Its not the game, it's you. Now, before you get mad, let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. All computer games (especially text based sims) all boil down to simple mathematics. What angles and matches can I run to get the best ratings to get more popular and make more money. From what you have described you are much like myself in that your mind thinks mathmatically and thus the game becomes a simple calculator tool where you are simply going through the motions to "win" the game. Although I have not done one for a while I think that the diary is the best way to overcome this obstacle. One, you will be thinking more creatively than mathmaticaly as you are looking to put an interesting show rather than "winning" the game as I mentioned earlier. Two, I find the obstacle of entertaining the message board much more challenging than the game itself. And three, because every list must have a third point. Now, I could be completely off base with my assesment, but if I'm not, I reccomend the above. If your not comfortable with the diary idea than just do a "diary" for your self. (Personally I think think anybody that criticizes a diary non-constructively is just being a jerk, as people are putting their selves out there for others to judge and people should help them not tell them "u sUk") If none of these ideas work, put the game to rest and come back to it later. I can't buy TEW 2007 untill I get a new computer, but I have been playing 2005 like mad for the last few months. And this is after not having played it for quite a while. If you do, I bet at some point down the road the game will become fun again.

for getting back creativity and interest diaries are great. Before I started my DAVE diary I started and stopped numerous games because I did not have a set goal to look forward to. The diary helps because now I have an audience to attempt to entertain and I have a reason to keep going. For me my longest game was 3 years with MACW, but even that became too easy and boring. While having a lot of angles to pick from is nice I just found that I could just connect one pre made storyline to another to another without much thought and everything would work just fine. plus I find that its fun to read the begining of the diary once and a while because its nice to see were I actually started from.

yep I'm going to have to agree with everyone else in this thread start a diary, or if you don't want other people "judging" your work just right it all down in a kinda diary to yourself, you'll be amazed how well that works. I got burned out a few times myself, but I think it's mainly because you just throw wrestlers together and put on half hearted feuds, but in the end nothing is really playing out in your head. When you right it all down everything comes to life.You start writing down the interviews and things start playing out in your head, it makes it a alot more entertaining.

Archived