GDS 'Favourite Wrestler Ever' Grand Final

keefmoon

The time is here. After weeks upon weeks of voting, and after having over 90 wrestlers at the start, it's down to two. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the Grand Final of the GDS Favourite Wrestler Ever tournament. Highlight your favourite. Ric Flair vs The Undertaker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think this is that bad a final. When you consider it was always going to be someone from the last ten years, and someone that is good in the ring, won titles, been popular, main evented huge shows etc etc I think this is about as good as it gets, although it's a shame for Austin and Michaels who did more for the industry than 'Taker (not taking anything away from 'Taker, though, cos I do love him!)

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;214429] Better wrestler. Better promo. Bigger draw. More important in the industry. Actually put people over.[/QUOTE] He may have jobbed more often, but theres a difference between putting someone over and just losing to them. 'taker had the ability to go over someone and have the other person in the feud gain popularity because of it - just think of Jeff Hardy. I also think you underestimate Taker's drawin power and importance to the industry. How many other people closing in on 7 foot would clime accross the top rop and attempt diving moves to the outside of the ring.

[QUOTE=panix04;214460]He may have jobbed more often, but theres a difference between putting someone over and just losing to them. 'taker had the ability to go over someone and have the other person in the feud gain popularity because of it - just think of Jeff Hardy. I also think you underestimate Taker's drawin power and importance to the industry. How many other people closing in on 7 foot would clime accross the top rop and attempt diving moves to the outside of the ring.[/QUOTE] Ric Flair put several people on the map as far the NWA simply by wrestling them to 1 hour draws. You'r talking about Taker getting Jeff Hardy over? And just how big a star is Mr. Hardy? Ric Flair literally made the careers of every notable main event face in the NWA from the early 80s until the mid 90s while he was with that company. It's not even a comparison between the two. Also, what does Taker's ability to walk on the top rope have to do with his place in history? Let's be real: he was never the biggest name in his own company much less in the industry. He was overshadowed by Bret Hart, HBK, Austin, The Rock, and even Triple H. He's very much like Sting: great character, good worker, solid, dependable draw, but in terms of impact on the business he's not on the same level as the all-time greats.

Archived