TEW 07: End of the Golden Era

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Brandon9967;222033]I would agree with Steamboat and Piper. Sting and the rest, especially Austin, were still carving a nitch.[/QUOTE] Sting was one of the most over faces in the company at this time!! More over than any of the mentioned wrestlers. Sting needs to be at least B+ or A-!!

[QUOTE=Brandon9967;222035]Is this hosted anywhere else? MU never works for me.[/QUOTE] No but PM me your email address and I will send it to you. The file is very small so even a free public email account is more than enough to receive the file. Once we get closer to "finished" I will try to get it up on one of the main TEW mod host sites.

Dalip Singh who plays the Great Khali in the WWE, needs to be added to the 'New Workers' section. Is there anyway to make WCW a little more 'traditional' than the WWF? Longer matches, more matches, and slightly less angles and storylines etc? WCW was still all about the wrestling really back in the early 90's. I often think when I'm booking a show - 'This just doesn't feel like old WCW'. Even the WWF wasn't as so storyline/angle heavy. More so than WCW, but not as much as they these days. The actual simulation feels very true to modern day, but if we're going to successfully hark this back to 1993 - I think some small adjustments need to be made.

This is a tough balance to find because at the start of this mod (end of 93) the change is beginning to take place that will take wrestling from old school to new school. Bischoff is gaining a ton of control in the WCW (more with each passing day), Paul H is becoming the man in ECW, and of course Vinnie Mac is realizing that nobody is interested in his plain jane champions anymore and so he is going to start upping the ante so to speak. If I set it up like DOTT in terms of product settings it will work for awhile but then when you go to simulate the change in the industry it won't work unless you go in and edit all of the product settings (not sure if that is even possible once a game has started to change the product settings of non human run feds??). The goal of this mod is to allow the user to advance into the Attitude Era from the beginning and grow it up from there and that works best if the computer run feds are already set more to the Attitude Era. Then the human user could always edit their fed product settings to anything they wanted and evolve more slowly over time. I would try editing your fed's product settings to more old school and see how it works. I think you will be pleased with the results!

Right, I see - makes sense!! :) Yeah, I start building a Nitro show etc pretty soon into my game so yeah I see what you mean. Some more info:- WCW Main Event was shown at 3pm on a Saturday on ITV in the UK. Due to the time restrictions of TEW, a 6pm time slot? Though this is almost prime time in the UK. WCW didn't really have the popular coverage the WWF had back in these days. For years before and years after the ITV WCW show had a 12.30am slot on a Monday night (Tuesday morning). This would probably be more refective of the time and popularity of the WCW product in the UK at the time. I'll leave that one up to you. WWF Raw was shown on a Friday night at 9pm on Sky Sports I believe. WWF Challenge or Superstars was shown during the week sometime also on Sky Sports. As far as Sky One goes, this channel repeated these two shows RAW on a Saturday lunchtime, and Superstars on a Sunday at 5pm (so 6pm?). I've got a few days off work now, so if you want to re-send the file and I'll have a go over it again....you're very welcome.

Ok I will put the WCW show on ITV at the 12:30am Monday night slot since hat seems to be a far mix of giving them coverage but it is not prime time, etc. For WWF I am not 100% sure how to proceed since I don't know if it is good to give them 3 slots in the UK (Friday at 9pm, Sat lunchtime, and Sunday at 5pm). The Friday at 9pm would be a pretty prime time slot and give good UK coverage (more than the WCW gets) so maybe that is enough? Great input on the UK tv side of things since I would have nothing to go by otherwise expect info off the internet. It helps when people can bring their memory of this stuff into play. I should have another file up tonight for everyone to download with more updates including the TV show stuff. Look for it around 8pm or 9pm US central time.

This is really starting to come together now. It's looking great. Barry Darsow wasn't in WCW in October 1993. That's my fault I forgot to take him out! :) WWF Raw is on Sky Sports on the Friday night, not ITV. I'm not sure when Main Event or Saturday Night were taped. I do realise that WCW were famed in 1993 for taping shows months in advance - but with the Main Event taping on a Monday, and the Saturday Night taping on a Wednesday - the shows are then broadcast backwards over the weekend. It wouldn't make any sense in the real world so to speak with storylines and such. Woudn't it be better to have the Main Event taping on a Thursday after Saturday Night's wednesday taping? It seems incredibly difficult to sign Hulk Hogan in this mod. Ted Turner blocks my offers even in free style mode. This was the era when WCW launched a full scale financial assault on the wrestling world, buying up any big name, so this seems a little illogical. Can anything be done about it? New wrestlers to add:- 'Paul Neu'. Wrestled as 'PN News' in WCW - 1991/92 [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.N._News[/url] Bill Kazmaier 'The world's strongest Man' Wrestled in WCW in 1991. 'Ocassional wrestler'? [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Kazmaier[/url] Also, do you need anything in the way of storylines/angles? If so, is there a way of building them, exporting them and sending them to you? Or does it have to be done whilst working on the file? Once again, excellent work Doc Stevens!! You're a legend!! This mod is definitely starting to come together now, if there's anything I can do to help - as always! Give me a shout!

What kind of reason do you get from Turner for not allowing you to sign Hogan? There is no relationship between Turner and Hogan so that should not be an issue. Also Turner's business signing "habit" is set to flashy so spending money should not be an issue. The only thing I can find is that Turner hates McMahon and Hogan is friends with McMahon so maybe that is the problem???

Turner will only let me go up to $33,164 and no higher. Hogan wants just over $44,000! Before, Turner wasn't intervening and I was maxing out everything (weekly wage, merchandising to 40% etc) and Hogan was saying the offer isn't enough! :confused: Wasn't McMahon and Hogans' relationship a little tested in 1993/1994? Hogan was just about to jump ship to WCW and had testified against McMahon in a steroid trial? I'm sure they didn't hate each other, but I thought things were a little frosty?

I would remove any Hogan-McMahon relationship at this time as McMahon fairly mercilessly murdered Hogan's finisher and title reign at the hands of Yokozuna and VKM was royally peed-off with HH for failing to lose clean to Bret Hart!

I will remove the McMahon/Hogan relationship in the main file and hopefully that will resolve the issue as nothing else will stand in the way of Hogan signing. I wish there was a way to get big money Ted to allow bigger contracts. He is set to "flashy" for spending. I will remove his bias in other areas and hopefully that will be enough. Of course working within the owner's constraints is one of the fun parts of TEW!

[QUOTE=Makkaveli101;222508] Also, do you need anything in the way of storylines/angles? If so, is there a way of building them, exporting them and sending them to you? Or does it have to be done whilst working on the file? [/QUOTE] I can import any storyline/angles that you want to make. Just put them together and email me the files and I can import them into the game. I would love to get any storylines that are related to the 1990s so if you have something in mind please put it together!

I've never really 'got' the USA TV ratings system, but I'm pretty sure some of these seem a little off key. Just noticed I'm getting ratings of between 12.03 and 14.75 for Saturday Night on TBS. Between 11.68 and 11.76 for Main Event on TBS. Ratings of 0.00 for Main Event on ITV? WCW had a small cult following in the UK in 1993. Enough to fill 10,000 capacity arenas when they toured here in 93. Raw is getting ratings of around 0.28 on Sky Sports? This seems a little small. Maybe some of our UK WWF marks on here (time to be heard I know theres a lot of you on here! :) ), could estimate a realistic rating average for WWF in the UK in 1993? A year prior WWF sold out London's Wembley Stadium, all 83,000 seats - for Summerslam 92. Also, RAW is getting between 21.00 and 23.00 on USA, and then between 2.18 and 2.66 on TSN. That's a hell of a fall in ratings. Superstars goes from an average of 2.00 on the TSN network to 21.00-23.00 on the USA network. I think some work here needs to be done!!! ;) Oh and Barry Windham is listed as being 25 years old, he was 33 yrs old in 1993.

Yes any input we can get to square up the TV ratings is good with me and I will fix Windham tonight. I am ALMOST finished going through the Free Agents and rerating them, moving them to the New Workers file as needed, and giving them contracts as needed so that will be a nice item to finish up. Any thoughts on the WWF, WCW, and ECW rosters? Keep in mind that I took some "artisitic liberties" with the ECW roster because I want it to evolve into the Extreme Championship Wrestling, etc. Anyone up for the storyline/angles side of things? Even a couple more would be good! Also it looks like we will have to build the title histories up ourselves because trying to bring in a history file from another mod and then deleting extra entries does not work because the belts file AND the workers file has to match in order for it to work. Anyway building up the history file is not a big deal but I might only go back to about 1990 or so at first and then work on it more later since I think other items are more important. Anyone interested in putting together more Dojo graduates? Again not a majorly important aspect of the game but a cool little extra so to speak.

I wouldn't really be interested in writing storylines, but for whoever will, some ideas would be: -The Bret Hart/Lex Luger incident leading up to WM 10. -Sean Waltman's upset of Razor Ramon and the impending feud with DiBiase & IRS, and then with Shawn Michaels/Diesel. -Shawn Michaels' "concussion" at the hands of Owen Hart, and going on to win the Rumble in 1996. -The casket match with Yokozuna and the Undertaker, leading to the Undertaker's hiatus and DiBiase bringing in the Evil Undertaker. -Owen Hart wins the KOTR and has a big family feud with Bret Hart, leading to the cage match at Summerslam 94, Bret Hart losing the Title to Backlund at Survivor Series due to Owen, a lot of interference from Owen/Backlund during Bret's Title match at Royal Rumble, and an "I Quit" match with Backlund at Wrestlemania XI. -Shawn Michaels with Diesel, turning on Diesel, and then having Sid, and Sid turning on Michaels. -The feud between Bret Hart and Jerry Lawler, with the Kiss My Foot match at KOTR 95. -Maybe the late 95 stuff involving the Intercontinental belt with Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, and Shane Douglas -The early 96 feud between Undertaker and Diesel, where Diesel pulled the ref out in Undertaker's match with Bret Hart at Royal Rumble, and Undertaker came from under the ring in Diesel's cage match with Hart the next month at IYH And obviously, the nWo.

I'm guessing Doc is going to use the existing pic pack and add the relevant pics for workers brought into the mod. I've just completed the WCW title histories. World heavyweight and World tag titles from the start of WCW in 1991, and the US and TV title with their lineage from the old NWA US and TV titles! As in reality. WWF titles all complete now, just the tag titles to go now. Things are really starting to take shape now, if we get some more heads on this it'll really speed up the process, and we'll have a sparkling polished early 90's mod to sink our teeth into! ;) I noticed the WWF King of the Ring title is at 70% prestige? Just a few thoughts.....should this even be a title? It's a crown, a cloak and a 'name-title' isn't it? If so, surely the prestige is waaaay too high? I've just edited the characters name to 'King etc' in the past. The WCW Cruiserweight title is in the mod. In it's 1991 'Light Heavyweight' title form it was abandoned in 1992 and wouldn't be activated as the Cruiserweight title till 96. Are you going to keep it in the mod? If so, shall I add the 'Light Heavyweight' lineage to it? Also noticed that the WWF Women's title was reactivated until December 1993.

Yes I have the KOTR title set up as a tournament title only and it is a pretty big deal especially back in the day with alot of big names winning the title. TEW does a nice job with tournament titles in that nobody ever really "holds" the title, you just get a list of past winners. Also the prestige should be good because again alot of big time guys have won it. The pic pick will be the original with new workers added as needed. We will probably hook onto the pic file that TCP is putting together for the 1998 file since most of our workers should be in the there. Yes the WWF Women's Title didn't come back around till Dec 93 but I thought it was important to add because I am hoping we can beef things up enough so that the WWF will have a playable women's division at some point. Having women in the mod as more than eye candy is the goal although eye candy is still a good thing! Great storyline ideas and I will try to work them up at some point or if someone else wants to jump on it feel free. I would say putting some of the Light Heavyweight title history on the cruiserweight belt would be ideal. Again I think the Cruiserweight division became an interesting part of the WCW for awhile and I was hoping to have that option available for players even if we are adding it in a bit early. BTW great work on grabbing these title histories, they add a TON to the game and really bring it to life in my opinion!!!!

Right, cool. I'll finish off the other titles and send you them through when completed. Yeah I agree, they really do bring the mod to life - 'fleshes' the game world out and gives it history! I didn't realise the KOTR was a tournament title, that was fought for once a year. That's cool, totally agree with the prestige level now - that PPV was hyped for months on the TV!

One thought I had about adding another Canadian company is bringing in Stampede. Stampede was operating in 1993 but was owned/controlled by WWF. I suggest Stampede only because it would give us a place to put all of the Harts (Stu, Keith, etc) and there company info is easy to find while the other suggested Canadian Feds have zero available information. Of course we would need to set them up as a working agreement with WWF even though in truth the WWF was a parent company. Anyway just a thought and I am open to other ideas but I really think we need a second Canadian company to give Canada more depth.

Archived