TEW 07: End of the Golden Era

[QUOTE=Makkaveli101;216903]Kevin Kelly (Real Name) Nailz (WWF) aka The Prisoner (WCW [I]one match stint in May 93[/I]) [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/n/nailz.html[/url] A free agent in Oct 1993 I believe. He burnt his bridge with McMahon in 1992 when he choked McMahon till he was blue in the face, and he would go onto to try and sue and testify against McMahon till 1996. McMahon and Kelly really need to strongly dislike each other I think. Maybe even hate?[/QUOTE] You're getting 2 people mixed up, Kevin Kelly is the announcer, Nailz was played by Kevin Wacholz.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom "Tiny" Lister, Jr. aka Zeus (WWF89) aka Z-Gangsta (WCW96) 6,6 - 300lbs Debuted 1989 Feuded with Hogan in the late Eighties. Indestructible, unstoppable, psycho, powerhouse type gimmick. Lister is basically an actor, who was brought into the WWF in 1989 to market the 'No Holds Barred' movie in which he starred alongside Hogan. His ability levels have to be pretty low, but as far as the superstar look goes - he has to score pretty highly. As far as popularity levels go? In 1993, he's still immensely recognisable as an adversary of Hogan's. He must've drawed a bit when WCW brought him back to face Hogan in 96? As an occasional wrestler, I think he needs to have a decent enough draw to bring in against a big name on a one-night deal (especially in the Tri-State I guess) but nothing of great magnitude. Anybody got any ideas what his finisher was? For some reason, some kind of neckbreaker comes to mind?? I remember he no-selled a lot of stuff. Any old school WWF fans that can give a bit more confirmed info? Definitely a free agent in 1993. Gaz's pic site, as mentioned above (what a cool collection of photos!) [url]http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/Gazza87UK/[/url]

Some more info: Mike Tenay was a free agent in 1993. He didn't debut in WCW until Nov 94 Barry Darsow was in IAW in 1993, PPA deal. Butch Reed free agent in 1993 Kevin Sullivan is in ECW in 1993 Terry Taylor needs to be on a PPA deal in the WWF. He was an active wrestler in the WWF in the majority of 1993, he did announcing/interviews in the latter for WWF but was wrestling full time again in WCW for over a year in the mid card from December 1993 onwards. "Mean" Gene Okerlund is at WCW in 1993. Needs to be an announcer under written contract. WCW PPVS SuperBrawl FEB Slamboree MAY The Great American Bash JUN Beach Blast JULY Fall Brawl SEP Halloween Havoc OCT Battlebowl NOV Starrcade DEC WCW TV shows WCW Saturday Night - SAT evening - TBS 120 mins WCW Power Hour - SAT morning - TBS 60 mins WCW Main Event - SUN evening - TBS 60 mins WCW Worldwide - SAT afternoon - ITV (UK) 60 mins WCW Pro Wrestling - [I]'syndicated'[/I] I believe the above shows were [I]syndicated[/I] shows. I'm British. Does this means these shows were put together and sold to other networks? Not primary shows?? Would these 'work' in the TEW world? Would be great if some of our American users could judge whether or not these shows need to be in the mod? WWF shows were shown on Sky Sports and Sky One in the UK during 1993. If you could give me the list of WWF shows in 1993 I could connect each to the relevant station. US wrestling was big in the UK from 1991 onwards. It would be realistic to have WWF and WCW getting ratings/popularity boosts from the region hence the mod portraying the relevant shows with UK coverage when you start. Workers:- The guy that played the Yeti in WCW in 95. Debuted in 1994....so... future wrestler?:- Trained by Big John Studd so theres a 'worker relation.' Usual limited 'big man' ability I believe. [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/r/ron-reis.html[/url] The famous British monster heel 'Giant Haystacks' free agent in 1993. This guy is HUGE!!! Very slow, and limited move set due to his size. Very well known in the UK.(who made an appearance in WCW as Loch Ness in 95):- [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/g/giant-haystacks.html[/url] Also Bobby Heenan was a couple of months away from being out of contract in Oct 93. He joined WCW in 94. Is there a way to make his contract be up at the end of 93?

[QUOTE=Makkaveli101;217860]Some more info: The guy that played the Yeti in WCW in 95. Debuted in 1994....so... future wrestler?:- Trained by Big John Studd so theres a 'worker relation.' Usual limited 'big man' ability I believe. [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/r/ron-reis.html[/url] that guy's name was Ron Reiss who would later become part of Raven's Flock

Link posted on the front page so you can download this file. Remember it is still VERY much a work in progress that needs alot of adjustments. Feel free to point out anything you notice and I will add it to my list of changes I am working on. And if there is any part of this project you want to take over just let me know because I would love some help so we can get it finished sooner!!! Thanks!

ish, maybe more for new workers. I'm gonna do it for my game once I can find suitable pics for everyone from the timeframe (Shawn Michaels, HHH, Yokozuna, DDP, etc. all back then not now). Maybe it's just my dislike of the kyky background, or its feels too attitude-era-ish (yes, I can make up words now) for me.

[QUOTE=Jasx12;219098]Another thing I noticed: All the gimmicks have an F- for effectiveness. At least in the WWE and (i think) WCW, those are the only ones I have really checked though.[/QUOTE] I will be editing those, just saving it for the end. Kind of annoying but it appears when you convert a TEW05 file to TEW07 all of the current gimmicks get set to F- for some reason.

Archived