TEW 07: End of the Golden Era

[QUOTE=Magus978;219191]The game doesn't recognize the 1993 data. I put it in the data folder and it didn't appear when I went to change the database. Do I have to convert things first?[/QUOTE] You got the file structure wrong. You're best off choosing "create database" in the editor and then dumping all of the files into the new folder that's created, if you're unfamiliar with the way the folders and such are supposed to be set.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great work Doc!! My thoughts:- A few things I noticed:- Barry Darsow wasn't in WCW in Oct 1993. Jean-Paul Levesque had a short stint as 'Terraryzing' in early 93 but wasn't in WCW in Oct 93. Kamala, Junkyard Dog, Terri Runnels, Terry Funk, Van Hammer, weren't with the company either at that moment in time either. The Great Muta was with IWGP in Oct 1993, not WCW. Event Schedule Battle Bowl should be instead of World War III The Blue Bloods were not a tag team yet. I believe Eaton was a face - Beautiful Bobby Eaton to be precise. Ice Train was in WCW in Oct 1993. I mentioned in this thread about the TV shows. Worldwide is a syndicated TV show, someone indicated only Raw and Saturday Night should be in the mod for realism. More opinions on this? I think Main Event was a more worthy addition than Worldwide personally. I think 'Mr T' should be added as an occasional wrestler. He made appearances for the WWF throughout the 80's, and WCW used him in the early 90s with Hogan too. Would draw on a PPV. Tyler Mane's secondary move needs to be 'big boot'. Match types: Triple Cage Match Titles to be created: WCW United States Tag Team titles (inactive since 1992 but could easily be re-activated). They're useful to put on lower level tag teams as well. The Cruiserweight title was the WCW Light Heavyweight Title and it was inactive in 1993 (since 1992), being renamed 'Cruiserweight' and activated in 1996. Same title though. WCW World Six Man Tag titles inactive since Nov 1991, but again it was a title and could've been reactivated. In 1993 the Intercontinental and US titles were important titles. Held by upper card workers (Warrior, Sting, Rude etc etc) Intercontinental needs to be 70% and the US 65-68%% I'd say. What do you guys think? I also think the world tag titles in WWF/WCW need to have more prestige rating. Teams like the Steiners,Hollywood Blondes, and the Road Warriors were massively over and high up the card back in 1993. These titles were only defended against on PPV (rarely on TV) and teams held them for months on end.

Back in the early 90's the WWF title was still known as the 'WWF World Heavyweight title'.! I also posted my thoughts on bumping up the prestige levels on certain belts (see above). The world titles seem a little undervalued too. I'd say WWF at 95%, and WCW at 90%. Looking at 1993 again, I just can't fathom the US and Intercontinental titles being at a max of 70% (a mid card level). These titles really were the match before the world title fight on every card and normally featured the next two of the biggest draws in the promotion outside the world titles. They were pretty much upper card -main event titles so to speak in the old days. I think, baring my prestige levels for the world titles above - I'd say Intercontinental at 80%, US at 75-78%? Putting these titles on the big draws at current prestige level is going to hurt big draw workers that were wearing these titles in real life back then!! Guys like Sting, Flair, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Rude, Steamboat. I'm looking at ppv results at this time as I type this. The tag team titles are defended so high up the card as well in both feds, sometimes even being the main event in WCW!!! WWF tag at 75%, WCW tag at 75%? I notice a massive drop down the card for the US title, IC title, and tag titles for sure in the years to follow though. Problem is that these were all BIG titles in the years before. This isn't nit picking whatsoever (we want to get it as accurate as possible though yeah?! :D ;) ) The WCW television title was known (much so in the early 90's) as the 'WCW World Television title'. Assigning pics:- Back in 93....the WCW title was the especially created belt brought in during 1991, the 'International world' belt was the 'BIG GOLD BELT' which WCW would use as the WCW world title when both titles were unified in 1994. Both can be seen on this page:- [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCW_World_Heavyweight_Title[/url]

[QUOTE=Makkaveli101;219854]Yeah I know, thats what I'm saying make them a low level main event title just above 70%. They weren't midcard titles in the early 90's![/QUOTE] I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure all doing that will accomplish is making the AI not have them be defended. I haven't really watched this closely but in 05 multiple titles at certain levels meant some of them never got defended. Though 05 didn't have prestige so maybe that now effects it now. I'm sure Doc can test that out. But also doing what you suggests now means those titles can now possibly become more prestiges then the world titles, and that I think is even less accurate. Sure big stars held those lower belts, but it was because one of two things usually A) To help gain momentum for themselves right before going after the World Heavyweight strap, B) To put someone over who was rising to the upper midcard ranks. I'm pretty sure that an Upper Mid-card guy can hold a midcard title in TEW without in hampering him too much. A lot of how much it hampers him has more to due with momentum then card placement (thus why in the talk to booking team it says guys need more momentum before going after a title). Which goes with my first reason why those high up guys held those straps because they had lost momentum (Still considered ME and UM but had lost momentum) from being out of the world title hunt or as with my second reason were just coming up the card and later or during the reign became UM/ME. Also there were a lot of equaly over guy in WCW at this point and they needed something for them. I think having them as midcard belts with highest (or near enough) prestige works out better AI wise and accurateness wise. And in the end if you want one belt more over when you control them then it's easily changed.

I agree and thank you need balance with your belts. You should not have a bunch of Main Event belts because it will be a problem with the AI. If an individual user wants to alter the settings for their game that is ok but the default should be balanced. However, I do agree that the belts in question (while being left as midcard) should be maxxed out in terms of prestige to make sure that upper level guys are involved in defending them, etc.

Weren't the NWA World (Big Gold) and World Tag Team titles active in WCW at this time? I'm fairly sure that the NWA/WCW Tag titles had been unified, while the World title was bouncing around Japan and WCW, at this point sitting on Rick Rude. Check Wikipedia to be sure, though. As this time period was during my first peak as a wrestling fan, I'm keen to see this mod be as good as possible. I'll look at it as soon as I can. Hopefully I can chip in with some more help :)

Just a heads up for everyone that Makkaveli101 is taking over on this project for a little bit because my time is pretty limited the next week or so. Keep those changes coming and I am sure he will work in what he can as well as post a new file once a reasonable number of changes have been made.

[QUOTE=James Casey;220035]Weren't the NWA World (Big Gold) and World Tag Team titles active in WCW at this time? I'm fairly sure that the NWA/WCW Tag titles had been unified, while the World title was bouncing around Japan and WCW, at this point sitting on Rick Rude. Check Wikipedia to be sure, though. As this time period was during my first peak as a wrestling fan, I'm keen to see this mod be as good as possible. I'll look at it as soon as I can. Hopefully I can chip in with some more help :)[/QUOTE] Unfortunately, the WCW left the NWA for good a month before this mod begins. I loved watching the NWA titles being defended on WCW television and PPVS. The NWA/WCW titles had been unified by Dustin Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat I believe. But this 'unification' was rendered obsolete the moment WCW relinquished all ties with the NWA. WCW re-tooled the 'BIG GOLD BELT' as the 'WCW International' belt which got 'unified' (deleted!) in 1994. WCW used the 'BIG GOLD BELT' from then on as their 'WCW WORLD TITLE'. As far as it stands at the moment, the belt data is pretty accurate from October 1993. Please keep your thoughts and suggestions coming in! Any suggestions on the TV format in this mod? (Read previous posts) Two main shows only?, or a syndicated show each in as well etc? I'm guessing most people will negotiate a TV deal and enjoy bringing in a pre-date 'Smackdown!' or 'NITRO' pretty soon into playing the mod anyway, but what shows do you think are realistic and representative of that time to have in the mod when you start up a new game? Your thoughts please!

I like the shows as they are although giving both the WWF and WCW an additional syndicated show is not a bad idea. You could just take one of their existing shows and put it on an additional network. Otherwise the user is going to have to book ALOT of shows each week which could make for slow gameplay. At least that was my thinking on the mod. You will notice that WWF has a show airing on one of the UK networks (thanks to whoever told me about that) so maybe giving WCW something like that would be good. We also might need to tone down the risque rating of both WWF and WCW to make sure they don't get kicked off the air. I think both sould be set to low (I might have set them higher). Also setting ECW with a high risque rating will make it tough for them to get a TV show or PPV deal which will simulate real life during this time period.

File has been updated. Cleaned up the WCW and WWF rosters quite a bit including fixing the starting gimmick rating for many workers. Still need more eyes looking at this file to provide suggestions so take a look, play it for awhile, and let me know.

a Hey normally I don't post on here well but I thought I would comment on the game. 1st, even though I am a very good booker, I can't seem to get better than a C with WCW and thats with Hogan & Piper too. It is very challenging as both WCW & WWF go to cult in 1st month. I thought it needs a few changes: 1. Piper's overness needs to be better than a D. I know he hasn't been wrestling in a yr or so, but he is still quite over with the fans. It has to be at least B to B+ range. 2. Sting's overness. It is c+ but this guy is still pretty over. Probably a B I would think. I mean, he was just world champ not too long ago and still pretty over with fans. 3. Austin, Pillman & Steamboat's overness. C-? You've got to be kidding. They are all more over than that. Probably like B-. Other than that, WCW is mostly correct except the tag titles are wrong (supposed to be on nasty boys) and everything thing else is good so far.

[QUOTE=da_man_dh;221963]Hey normally I don't post on here well but I thought I would comment on the game. 1st, even though I am a very good booker, I can't seem to get better than a C with WCW and thats with Hogan & Piper too. It is very challenging as both WCW & WWF go to cult in 1st month. I thought it needs a few changes: 1. Piper's overness needs to be better than a D. I know he hasn't been wrestling in a yr or so, but he is still quite over with the fans. It has to be at least B to B+ range. 2. Sting's overness. It is c+ but this guy is still pretty over. Probably a B I would think. I mean, he was just world champ not too long ago and still pretty over with fans. 3. Austin, Pillman & Steamboat's overness. C-? You've got to be kidding. They are all more over than that. Probably like B-. Other than that, WCW is mostly correct except the tag titles are wrong (supposed to be on nasty boys) and everything thing else is good so far.[/QUOTE] Good suggestions, I will make the changes and see how it plays out. I want the mod to be "tough" so that it takes people awhile to "win" but it still needs to be realistic and fun. The only thing is that I don't think the Nasty Boys picked up the tag titles until Sept 19, 1993 and of course it gets kind of tricky because when the WCW pulled out of the NWA (which is when this mod is set to begin) you had Roma/Anderson who were holding the NWA version of the tag titles so I just kept the belts on them.

Archived