Dave Vonner's rise from the gutter

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen][b][i]Now that I've gotten back into this game, I wanted to start over with a "rookie to legend" wrestler rather than the superstar I created for the other (Xavier Mac) thread. I hope that doesn't piss anyone off, but I'm all for starting over when the time is right. I think I'm ready to make this one stay interesting, especially since I'm playing this diary out using the Death of the Territories mod, which has so many more feds and events to keep a young worker busy.[/b][/i][/COLOR][/CENTER] [COLOR=DarkRed][b][u]Dave Vonner Basic Bio[/u][/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy][b]Vonner just graduated from high school, and wants to be a world-class wrestler despite his size. He has the look, but lacks charisma, mic flair, and perhaps the raw technical skills to make it in the business. So who knows what will become of him. A lightweight American wrestler, he was born in November 1966, which makes him 17 years old. He was smart enough to make it out of high school early, but will he be smart enough to make it to the top (or quit before he gets himself killed?) You'll have to read on to find out.[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed][b][u]Overness[/u][/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=Sienna][b]0%[/b] (US) [b]0%[/b] (Canada) [b]0%[/b] (Mexico) [b]0%[/b] (Japan) [b]0%[/b] (UK) [b]0%[/b] (Europe) [b]0%[/b] (Australia) [b]Spirit[/b]: 10% [b]Power[/b]: 6% [b]Technique[/b]: 19% [b]Speed[/b]: 12% [b]Psychology[/b]: 15% [b]Stamina[/b]: 24% [b]Toughness[/b]: 10% [b]Charisma[/b]: 15% [b]Microphone[/b]: 12% [b]Safety[/b]: 19% [b]Looks[/b]: 74% [b]Respect[/b]: 0%[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed][b][u]November 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/COLOR] [COLOR=Green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/COLOR]: [COLOR=Sienna]It's really something when you first learn what it's like to live penniless on the street. It's been nearly six months since I graduated from high school, top of my class; six months since I told my parents I'd rather skip college and try to make it as a professional wrestler; six months since my father told me he never wanted to see me again. I spent that time hitchhiking across America from where I grew up (rural Indiana) to where I find myself this morning. I'm standing outside the office of Al Tomko in Winnipeg, Manitoba where I've just completed the first step in my dream. I've been turned down in the past by every American fed -- they've said I'm too small, too weak, too inexperienced to waste training time on. But if anything I'm persistant, and I at least managed to convince Tomko that I'm worth giving a chance. He just offered me a three month contract, open ended of course, but I'll make $24 per appearance for the next six months. Hopefully that will be long enough to make an impression. I don't look forward to the alternative if I fail: returning home in shame, knowing I never had what it took.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/COLOR]: [COLOR=Sienna]Tonight's my first chance to attend All-Star Wrestling's touring show "All-Star on Tour." Al caught me before the show and let me know that he'd booked me in a low-midcard three-on-three match. It would be me, Terry Adonis and Oly Olsen against Randy Rich, Moose Morowski and himself! Should be interesting to say the least, right? I got to come in 8:00 in, because both of my partners were being asswhipped by Al Tomko ... in fact, it was a mismatched fight all along. None of us had much endurance, and we were up against Tomko AND Moose Morowski. I just hoped I could make this all look good if I got killed out here. I tagged out after only a couple minutes in the ring, and I was exhausted. It ended up being Terry Adonis who got pinned by Moose at the 11:00 mark with a Leaping Piledriver. The match did get a "C+" rating from the crowd though, so it wasn't too terrible a result.[/COLOR] [color=Green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=Sienna]I must have impressed Tomko, because he booked me tonight against Terry Adonis in a singles match at the mid-point in the "All-Star on Tour" card! Early in the match I wowed the crowd with a solid bodyslam performed through a table, but I really don't have a lot of endurance, so I was quickly tired out. Luckily for me, Adonis wasn't in much better shape. We were both worn down within the first 10:00, though the match kept going long beyond that. But at the 30:00 mark, I hit the Brass Knuckles Punch, and poor Terry Adonis was down for the count! I won my first match, and it drew a solid "B" rating from the fans![/color] [color=Green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "All Star Wrestling" tonight, Terry Adonis challenged me to a rematch! But this time the result was dramatically different. Adonis came at me hard, wore me down quickly, and then 8:00 in he got the submission with the Main Event Sleeper Hold, rendering me unconscious. The match drew a "C" rating from the fans.[/color] [CENTER][b][COLOR=DarkGreen]During this week, my overness in Canada has improved to 2% while my psychology has improved to 19% thanks to backstage tips I kept getting from Honky Tonk Man and Moose Morowski! I think I can make this work, I'm just going to have to work extremely hard at it.[/COLOR][/b][/CENTER]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color=darkred][b][u]November 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a call this morning from Don Owen, owner of Pacific Northwest Wrestling in Portland, Oregon! Seemed he was in the crowd at our Friday night event, and caught my win against Terry Adonis. He offered me $20 a show to come down to Oregon to fight for his fed as well! And his deal's a six month open contract, which means if Al Tomko doesn't renew my contract, I'll have somewhere to work in the US! So I told him I'd be at his show Tuesday night to sign on the line. It shouldn't conflict with All Star Wrestling, all PNW's events are at the start of the week, leaving my weekends open for ASW events.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]No sooner had I arrived, when I was stopped by Don Owen. "You ready for a fight, kid?" he asks me, and I of course nod in the affirmative. He leads me back to the locker rooms. "Then get yourself ready, you're on in five!" Seems he'd "forgotten" to tell me I had been booked in the second opening match, to face Dean Malenko! And I've got to give a lot of respect to this guy, he's an AMAZING fighter! I'm proud to say I lasted 14:00 in the ring with him before he finally pinned me with the Flying Knee Drop. The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Big Time Wrestling" I'm in the opening tag match: me and Harley Davidson vs. Art Crews and Scotty the Body. And it's a 2-on-2 Elimination Rules match, which is something I've never been a part of. 18:00 into the match, Harley Davidson submitted to the Main Event Sleeper Hold, just seconds after he AVOIDED a submission by the Sleeper Hold from Scotty The Body. And that left me to take on two wrestlers, both of whom were clearly better than me. Scotty The Body wasted no time getting me to submit (to the Leaping Piledriver) ending the match at the 19:00 mark. The crowd rated it a "C" performance.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm back in Manitoba tonight for "All-Star on Tour," where I'm to fight Oly Olsen in the first round. I put on a great fight, beating him senseless, but the problem was, he'd knocked out the ref with an Irish Whip, and when I had my best shot to pin him, the ref couldn't do the count-out. By the time the ref awoke, I was on the ropes. It only took 14:00 to end this one: He hit me with the Brass Knuckles Punch and suddenly my eye was a sea of red and it was all over. The crowd gave it a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's this week's second "All-Star on Tour" show and I've been teamed with Oly Olsen against Terry Adonis and Randy Rich in a 2 on 2 Hardcore Match. Randy Rich wound up pinning me 19:00 into the match with a Leaping Piledriver, ending the match with a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm in a 3-on-2 bout: myself, Terry Adonis and Randy Rich vs. Jeff Costa and Igor Volkoff in an Elimination Rules match. Terry Adonis was eliminated by Jeff Costas at 7:00, making it an even 2-on-2 match, after he used the brass knuckles punch to bust Terry's head wide open. But Randy Rich got revenge, using the Thesz Press to pin Costa at the 8:00 mark! Then I came out and did serious damage, finishing off Igor Volkoff with a foreign object spike that left him down for the count! We won the match in 14:00, and got a C+ rating from the fans.[/color] [b][CENTER][color=darkgreen]As of the end of this week, I'm now known at 3% in Canada and 1% in the US. The big news is my psychology skill, which is up to 24%![/color][/CENTER][/b]

[color=darkred][b][u]November 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a call from my agent this morning (by whom I mean my buddy Rob, who lives in the room down the hall -- so literally, he called over) telling me that none other than the legendary Frank Tunney actually wanted to give me a tryout to work for Maple Leaf Wrestling! I figure I can give it a shot, It's surely just going to bring an open contract, and if working seven days a week gets to me, I can always leave eventually (they run shows on Sunday and Monday, the only two nights a week I haven't been fighting). He said to get there as quick as I could, he can book me in a match tonight on "The Maple Leaf Express!" Sure enough, I arrived promptly and there was the card, with my fight against Tatsumi Fujinami right there as the opening bout! And that won't be an easy fight by any stretch! He's known to be one of the legends of Japanese wrestling! I'm liable to get killed ... he's known at 30% here in Canada, and has pretty much everything working for him. I made a mental note to pray later that I can survive more than five minutes in the ring with him. My proudest moment may have to have been the chance I took to bodyslam him through a table 5:00 in. Which hardly seemed to faze him. I then amazingly managed to keep in this one, making it at least somewhat interesting to the fans out there (who had expected me to submit to the legend in about thirty seconds). He did beat me, of course. I wasn't crazy enough to believe I stood a chance (I could have hammered him for an hour before he ever would have submitted, and by that point I'd have been a glob of pulp). But I lasted 16:00 before he finished me off with a Spinning Whiplash Slam. The crowd loved it, and gave the match a "B-", a solid rating for an opening fight. I heard from several members of the crew backstage that Fujinami praised me more than he had any other fighter in recent memory, which gave me reason to hope I could find a solid job here. Sure enough, Frank Tunney offered me a one year contract worth $40 per appearance as an opener! I can live with that.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around The Horn, I'll be fighting Kelly Kiniski in a typical 1 on 1 bout. But it was anything but ordinary! I stayed in this bout long after my body should have collapsed, keeping him from pinning me as I continued to rain blows on him whenever I could ... then at 44:00 I decided to go all for it. I hit him in the head with the brass knuckles, and was disqualified. But I think the crowd knew I should have won! The 45:00 match was rated a solid "B" by the fans![/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on The Maple Leaf Express Run, I've been booked to face Jaques Rougeau in a singles midcard match! I had him on the ropes, and then he recovered long enough to hit me with a Double Leg Hook Piledriver, going then for the three-count. I lost in just 14:00 but the crowd still gave it a "C+".[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm back with "All-Star on Tour" and will fight Igor Volkoff, hoping to improve on my rather dismal 2-9 record. This wound up being the best fight of my young career, as I and Volkoff traded some serious blows, though it ended in my favor when I landed the Brass Knuckles Punch with 23:00 expired, counting him out and winning the match! The crowd gave it a "B+" rating, and I have to wonder if this means I've shown real improvement ... Volkoff was far from a pushover.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "All-Star on Tour" I was booked in a 2-on-2 with Oly Olsen against Dean Ho and David Schultz. It's a hardcore elimination rules match. And boy was it a f---ing mismatch! Two guys with huge overness and 40+ fighting spirit against two guys with only opener experience ... I never stood a chance. Got some good moves off, but was eliminated by Dean Ho 11:00 in by a Running Headbutt followed by a pin. But Oly Olsen got revenge for me, knocking out Dean Ho a minute later with the Brass Knuckles, making it a one-on-one match between him and David Schultz. Schultz was way too much for him to handle, and at the 18:00 mark Oly Olsen was eliminated by an inverted piledriver that led to a three count. The match drew a "B-" rating, but was terribly booked. Tomko could get young workers like us hurt if he keeps sending us in unprepared against two huge opponents.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]]I was not booked tonight for "All Star Wrestling" and was able to take a much deserved night off.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Maple Leaf All-Stars," I was given a match against Eric Embry in the low-midcard round! This was one of the WORST bouts of my career, as Ethan was completely overpowering against me, pinning me with a Flying Sunset Flip at the 5:00 mark for the pin. The match got a "C" rating but didn't deserve it. How embarassing ...[/color] [B][CENTER][color=darkgreen]As of the end of my third week as a professional wrestler, I'm 3-11 overall but I've improved to 3% over in the US and 9% over in Canada! I've also got a 32% psychology rating! By the way, keep an eye out, Maple Leaf fans! I've teamed up with Raymond Rougeau to form a partnership called "White Lightning" and we hope to soon be fighting together throughout Canada![/color][/CENTER][/B]

Your match ratings seem pretty good! Especially for working in All-Star! ;) Oh, and the confusion about Tomko, I think, comes from the fact that he's from Winnipeg but took over the Vancouver-based All-Star. (Just checked the bio! :) ) Anyway, despite the losing record, young Dave seems to be gaining some decent overness.

Gads... All-Star is only rivaled by PPW in sheer horror to work for. Dr. D is cool, and HTM is borderline - but that roster always puts my rookies on the fast track to working construction. :) Now that Pacific Northwest and Maple Leaf is an option (both having far superior rosters), Tomko would have to give me every title, 25% of the promotion, [i]and[/i] a lifetime supply of Count Chocula to even make me consider staying with him. Seriously, good start to the career. I'll echo XoX's comment: I'm really surprised at the match ratings you are pulling off in that promotion. I could take Nick Bockwinkel up there and still not put on consistent C+/B matches, as the opponents are so darned pitiful.

Wow! I have readers! :) Glad you all are enjoying this one ... it's harder playing with DOTT, since there are so many feds and events and everything, but it also makes it impossible for me to have a situation like my last diary, where I went almost a month with no bookings ;)

[color=darkred][b][u]November 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][u]Monday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "The Maple Leaf Express" I fought Jose Huertas Gonzales in a 1 on 1 match. But it was a waste of my time ... the match was horridly booked in his favor, the ref allowed him to cheat for eight minutes, and then pin me as though he'd done a great f---ing job. Tell you what guys, book me in a few fair matches and you might get to see what I can DO to get the crowd pumped. As it stood, the match drew a "C" mostly due to my angry tirades at the ref ... I came close to cold ****ing him, and would have if it wouldn't have meant my immediate dismissal from the fed. But I've had it with matches like this.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Tuesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's time for "PNW Around The Horn' where I've been booked to face The Tonga Kid in an upper midcard bout. And my streak continues as I lost to (this time) a much inferior worker who happened to get lucky when my powerbomb failed and he was able to roll over on it to pin me. The match lasted just 12:00 and drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Wednesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]This time around on "The Maple Leaf Express Run," I've been given a match against Private Jim Nelson! And boy was this a real match to watch! Nelson was a good fighter, but he kept toying with me, which meant he never hit his pins properly, giving me a chance to keep hammering away! Gradually I took his head and his legs out of the game, and by the time he realized he no longer had the power to pin me, I had lost the ability to perform my big finishers! So I just kept hammering, until 44:00 in the ref called for a medical DQ on Nelson! FINALLY I could sit down a winner ... the match drew a "B+" rating, which is quite impressive. I should see an overness bump for this one![/color] [color=green][b][u]Thursday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "All-Star on Tour" tonight I was not booked. So I just hung around backstage, enjoying the opportunity to talk to Terry Adonis and Honky Tonk Man about that great match last night! Seems I've earned a listtle respect for the big upset.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Friday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Wow! Tonight I'm getting a heavy push by going against Honky Tonk Man in the upper midcard match on "All-Star on Tour!" But it's a 1 on 1 Cage Escape match, and I've never done one of these before ... hopefully I won't embarrass myself. I put up a valliant fight, and nearly escaped the cage on three occasions, but it was Honky Tonk Man who finally succeeded after 22:00. Of course he cheated ... threw powder in my face, and while I was blinded, escaped. But hey, the crowd dug it, which means I'm bound to go up in overness again. The match was rated "B+."[/color] [color=green][b][u]Saturday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]It's nearly the end of the week, and on "All Star Wrestling" I get to fight "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler in a hardcore match! Oh wait, did I say I get to "fight" him? Because he beat the living s--- out of me and had me pinned in three minutes. Worst ... match ... EVER. The crowd gave it a "D" which was generous indeed.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Sunday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]End of the month, folks ... I'm up against Brian Adias for MLW's "Maple Leaf All-Stars" match tonight. He pinned me in 12:00, but I did some major damage with the Flying Vonner Slam, which impressed the crowd and got us a "C+" rating.[/color] [B][COLOR=DarkGreen][CENTER]Here are my stats after a month in the wrestling world: Win-Loss: [/b]4-16[b] [u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]2%[/b] (US) [b]13%[/b] (Canada) 0% (Mexico) 0% (Japan) 0% (UK) 0% (Europe) 0% (Australia) Spirit: 13% ([b]+3[/b]) Power: 6% ([b]EVEN[/b]) Technique: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) Speed: 12% ([b]EVEN[/b]) Psychology: 38% ([b]+23[/b]) Stamina: 24% ([b]EVEN[/b]) Toughness: 11% ([b]+1[/b]) Charisma: 15% ([b]EVEN[/b]) Microphone: 13% ([b]+1[/b]) Safety: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) Looks: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) Respect: 1% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Last month I earned $520 and spent $500 (I'm still paying my dues). So I've made a $20 profit this year.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/B]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][u]Monday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a call today from Stu Hart of Calgary Stampede Wrestling! He told me that if I was willing to dump Tomko's All-Star fed, he'd be willing to hire me at $80 per show to join his fed as a Midcarder for at least the next three months! I was blown away, and accepted immediately. I then called Tomko up and told him I had no need for his fed anymore -- which was fine with me anyway, since he's made it clear to me every time I try to talk to him that he wants nothing to do with me. So here's my revised schedule: [b]MONDAY[/b]: The Maple Leaf Express (MLW) [b]TUESDAY[/b]: PNW Around The Horn (PNW) [b]WEDNESDAY[/b]: The Maple Leaf Express Run (MLW) [b]THURSDAY[/b]: Stampede Through Canada (CSW) [b]FRIDAY[/b]: Stampede Wrestling (TV-Taped) (CSW) [b]SUNDAY[/b]: Maple Leaf All-Stars (TV-Taped) (MLW) Tonight on The Maple Leaf Express I was not booked to fight. But I did get a chance to chat with a friend of mine, Tatsumi Fujinami, backstage. And watching one of these shows for once is a nice change of pace.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Tuesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On PNW Around The Horn tonight I got to face Raymond Rougeau, with whom I'm yet to team up with. And I didn't last long. My downfall came about 5:00 in, as he hit me with a hammerlock takedown, a single leg grapevine, and then the Wakigatame Armbar, which put me in submission. The match rating was an "E" ... I think the fans were too drunk and bored to realize that they didn't give us the "F" we deserved.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Wednesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Time to make the move to Maple Leaf's Express Run, where I'll be facing Jose Huertas Gonzales again. He's now 11-2, and the last time he faced me (last Monday) he cheated his way to a win in EIGHT MINUTES. I want to prove to the f---bag that he won't ever get an easy one out of me like that again. I talked to Andre the Giant backstage and got some good advice from him about ways to psych out a guy like Gonzales, so I went in feeling confident. But I shouldn't have been. He f---ing slaughtered me, whipping me senseless in just 4:00 this time. And somehow he got a "C" rating out of it. Don't ask me to name the moves, I don't remember them from the fog in my head. It's probably better that way.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Thursday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I make my debut on "Stampede Through Canada" for CSW! I'll be fighting Jason the Terrible, But I don't know what's happening to me, somehow I can no longer land my moves, and like last time, I got ousted by Jason in 4:00, this time drawing a "D" rating. I'm getting worried ... am I really just not that good?[/color] [color=green][b][u]Friday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]After last night I don't blame Stu Hart for not booking me to fight. I don't deserve to be booked putting on crappy bouts like that one.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Sunday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm back with Maple Leaf All-Stars tonight, where White Lightning (my tag team with Raymond Rougeau) will be debuting against Matt Bourne and Rene Goulet in a 2 on 2 Elimination match! I held up a lot longer than I'd expected, making some wise decisions that kept me in until 18:00 had elapsed and Rene Goulet clamped on the Iron Claw, making me submit! Eight minutes later, Rougeau was pinned by Goulet as well, submitting to the inevitable. The match drew a "B-" rating from the fans.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]I lost a point of overness in Canada this week, but continue to show improvement in psychology. I've revised my training schedule to put as much effort into strength and endurance training as possible. I need to be able to last in the ring as long as I possibly can, as some of my best moves are mid-level and are impossible to perform before I end up becoming too worn out to perform them. I've also gone back to the drawing board with my personal trainer to work on some new "low level" moves that can help me compete in the rounds when I am most vulnerable. I don't intend to fail at this. There's nothing more important to me at this point than becoming the star I know I should be.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][u]Monday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on The Maple Leaf Express, I'm in a 4 on 4 Elimination Rules match: [b]Brian Adias, Private Jim Nelson, Eric Embry and Ken Timbs[/b] vs. [b]Riki Chosyu, Jacques Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau and Dave Vonner[/b] [b][u]ELIMINATIONS[/u][/b] [b]11:00[/b] - Brian Adias eliminated [b]Dave Vonner[/b] with a Slingshot Sunset Flip. [b]25:00[/b] - [b]Jacques Rougeau[/b] eliminated Ken Timbs with the Double Underhook Cradle! [b]30:00[/b] - Brian Adias eliminated [b]Jacques Rougeau[/b] with a Slingshot Sunset Flip. [b]41:00[/b] - [b]Raymond Rougeau[/b] eliminated Eric Embry with the Double Leg Hook Piledriver! [b]42:00[/b] - [b]Riki Chosyu[/b] eliminated Brian Adias with the Reverse Underhook Driver! [b]59:00[/b] - [b]Riki Chosyu[/b] got Private Jim Nelson to submit to the Scorpion Death Lock! The amazingly long match drew a "B+" rating, and since my team won, it's bound to do good things for my overness and such! I only wish I'd gotten to fight a little longer than 11:00 before getting knocked out.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Tuesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW Around the Horn: Dave Vonner vs. Joe Malenko in the opening round! And boy did I come out raging! I kicked the living s--- out of a guy who was favored to KILL ME, as the ref had to come in after just 14:00 to medically DQ him! I won the match, and got a "C+" rating. That should finally send my US repuation up a bit, right?[/color] [color=green][b][u]Wednesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I love fighting for Maple Leaf, and this time they've given me a good reason to be in a great mood! I finally get a rematch against Private Jim Nelson! I beat him the last time we were matched up, but I like the way the guy fights. I'm hoping to get a second win out of him. Besides, this time I have a two win streak to hold onto and make into a THREE WIN STREAK, something I've never accomplished! And I pulled it off, hammering him hard and then going for the Brass Knuckles Punch at 16:00, sending him to the floor out cold! The three count gave me my third straight win, and the crowd gave me a "B-" rating![/color] [color=green][b][u]Thursday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got the night off tonight from "Stampede Through Canada." [/color] [color=green][b][u]Friday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I also wasn't booked tonight on "Stampede Wrestling."[/color] [color=green][b][u]Sunday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Talk about a long weekend ... I guess my sudden win streak has feds wondering what to do with me![/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Following this solid week of wrestling, I'm now 7-20 overall! My overness has improved to 4% in the US and is back up to 14% in Canada. I now have 17% wrestling spirit, 45% psychology, 16% mic skills and saw slight improvements in my stamina in the ring. Which all should (hopefully) help me keep winning![/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1983[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][u]Monday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I will put my three game win-streak on the line for "The Maple Leaf Express" by fighting Ken Timbs (who is 18-13). I had the sonofabitch on the ropes, and damned near had the pin count at the 11:00 mark, capping a flurry of solid moves on both my part AND his, when none other than Ethan Embry burst into the ring, costing me the pin! Two minutes later, "Gentleman" Ken Timbs pinned ME, and I lost my streak. I got off the floor, shoved Timbs out of the way, and grabbed a mic from the announcing table. "You can rest assured, you little bitch!" I screamed into the crowd. "I'll beat you down, Ethan Embry! I'll make you wish you'd never f---ed with me!" The crowd seemed to at least be mildly enjoying things, as they gave the match a "C+" rating![/color] [color=green][b][u]Tuesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]The key to improving in this kind of situation is to not let a loss or two bring you down. But I was just turning the corner after losing some twenty matches, and dammit! I wanted that win. Not to mention the fact that the loss cost me overness ... so I needed to get my confidence back tonight on PNW Around The Horn! Too bad they didn't book me. But I did get good news when I got back to my apartment ... seems Bob Geigel thinks I may have what it takes to give Central States a shot! He's offered me an audition tomorrow night on Wrestling at the Chase! Could be my big break ... I'll have to really prepare![/color] [color=green][b][u]Wednesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]The big night cometh! And what a chance to redeem myself after Monday's f---over by Embry? I'll be fighting Johnny Rodz, a veteran worker who is currently 9-15 overall. He currently works primarily for the World Wrestling Council and Central States, and should be a serious challenge. Neither of us had a lot of endurance, so when this one went beyond the 10:00 mark, it got out of hand. Neither of us was in shape to get the pin, both were extremely drained, and I had to come to terms with the fact that if I couldn't pin him, I'd have to render him unable to pin me. At the 20:00 mark, I went for the final move, slamming him with my patented Flying Vonner Slam, and the ref finally had to come in and call it in my favor, hitting him with the medical DQ! I won the match, and hopefully I'll get a solid offer, since the crowd rated this one a "B+" bout! Once he was cleared by the doctors from CSTATE, Johnny Rodz came up to me to congratulate me on the amazing bout! He told me he'd already told Bob Geigel to snap me up, he called me a "great indie talent!" I was ecstatic. Geigel signaled to me before I could leave the arena that he wanted to talk deal. But I was a little disappointed when he only offered me $40 per appearance as an Opener. He wanted me to sign that deal for a full year, and he wasn't interested in negotiations. Nor was he interested in increasing the offer. I finally agreed to the deal after he sliced the length to six months. I then called Don Owen from PNW and let him know that I was no longer willing to work so many nights for him at just $20 a show. So we agreed to part ways. I also decided to do the right thing and let Calgary Stampede know I'd be backing out on their open contract. I know it pays more, but they very rarely book me, they're so small I'm always expected to be elsewhere. It's not fair to them to keep having to cancel.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Friday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm appearing for CSTATE, at "Bulldog's Last Stand." I'll be in a midcard match against Bob Sweetan, also known as "Mr. Piledriver," who happens to be far more over than I am in the US. So you can imagine how shocked the crowd was when he went down like a sack of bricks 7:00 in when I hit him with a roll of quarters to the side of the head! The match got a "C" rating, but more important, I got the win! Tonight my mic skills improved, my overness in the US jumped three percent, and I gained two points of wrestling spirit! If I keep this up, how can I go wrong?[/color] [color=green][b][u]Saturday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]The fans of Central States are starting to enjoy seeing my fights, I'm told ... so tonight on "Central State All-Stars" (their weekly TV show) I was given a solid opener bout against Rusher Kimura (also known as "The Monster of the Steel Cage"). There was a thirty minute time limit, but I never last that long if I hope to win. It took a lot longer than I'd hoped, but Kimura is a guy who depends on being able to get you to submit quickly. The longer he stayed in the ring, the more sluggish he got, and I still had energy! So I used it to hit high flying move after high flying move, until I finished him off with another one of my patented finishers, Dave's Chimney Sweep (aptly named, since it cleans your clock!) and he started to teeter ... saved by the ref, who said he wasn't fit to put up a defense! Ah, the medical DQ! I improved to 3-0 working for CSTATE, with a match that drew a "B+" rating! As I near the end of the year, I'm starting to feel DAMNED GOOD about my prospects.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Sunday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Time for Maple Leaf Wrestling! I'm back in Canada and I haven't been booked to fight. Oh well, I can use the night off![/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]I'm still riding the high tide that comes from gaining eight points of US overness in a single week! I'm now known at 12% in the US, just below my 13% Canadian overness. The best part? My win-loss record gap is beginning to dissappear. I'm now 10-21 in the seven weeks I've been a part of the wrestling world.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]December 1983[/b][/u] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][u]Monday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Maple Leaf Wrestling, I'll be fighting George South in an upper midcard match! And I'll tell you, this bugger may not be so great at landing blows, but he can sure take a fall and keep popping up! It took me a solid 30:00 to bring him to his knees, but I did it by any means necessary -- this time that meant another medical DQ! The match drew a "B+" rating. I know it's only been a recent turnaround, but I'm already wondering when I'll have what it takes to take on upper midcarders or main eventers and at least give them good bouts. I've now won four matches in a row, and seven of my last eight![/color] [color=green][b][u]Wednesday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'm fighting in the opener match of "Wrestling at the Chase" against Leo Burke, who is 11-9 and much more over in Canada than he is in the US. I have serious hopes that I can beat him and keep my streak alive. It took me only ten minutes to get him pinned, with my finisher being the Brass Knuckles Punch while the ref was jerking off in the corner, or something like that (I still can't believe he didn't see it!) Either way, I got win numero cinco and a "C+" match, while poor Burke may need a few moments to mourn his shattered ego.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Friday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Last night I was hanging around the chatrooms of a wrestling forum called "Wrestling Spirit," posting under the name vonnerwillrule1984, and it turned out people had actually HEARD OF ME! I didn't let them figure out that I was who I am, but I did enjoy hearing people placing little wagers on whether I could improve to 5-0 against CSTATE competition. "Who is this guy?" asked one. "Wasn't he getting his ass handed to him by Al Tomko, and suddenly he's Mr. Incredible! It's quite odd." I wasn't about to argue with him ... I don't know why I've suddenly found this groove; but I'm not about to knock it! All I know is I've been in their fed just over a week, and Central States has bumped me to the Lower Midcarder spot! And they've given me a manager -- one "Slick" (a.k.a. Tommy Long). Tonight I fought in the fourth match of the evening (at "Bulldog's Last Stand") against Paul Roma, who I'm expected to beat handily (he's known as "a run of the mill jobber" by most around the locker room anyway). I didn't waste any time -- the kid was too inexperienced to have much fun against. I cold ****ed him 5:00 in and got the pin, good for a "C" from the crowd.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Saturday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]One night only, catch me on "Central State All-Stars" against Bob Sweetan! Would the undefeated Dave Vonner be able to beat Sweetan for a second time and maintain his momentum? It only took me ten minutes before I got him in the Goodnight Irene sleeper hold and had him submitting in a heartbeat. This wasn't a test! Give me a test! My manager told me not to get overly confident though. "You're undefeated, but that doesn't mean you can't be defeated." I'll have to remember that if I don't want to have a long fall. Either way, the match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][u]Sunday[/u][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Maple Leaf didn't book me to fight on their New Year's Eve card, which was fine by me ... I went out drinking, and it may be the last New Years that I can do that and be mostly anonymous.[/color] [color=Navy][b]I woke up on January 1 and had about fifty messages on my old busted machine! I turn the ringer off while I sleep, and it seems just about everyone I know had called to congratulate me on being ranked #49 in the world on the Annual Top 500 Wrestlers List! Who'd have thought that'd be possible? I'm just a low midcarder, right?[/b][/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Here are my stats after TWO MONTHS in the wrestling world[/b]: [b]Win-Loss[/b]: 14-21 (10-5, December!) [b][u]Overness[/u][/b] [b]15%[/b] (US) [b]14%[/b] (Canada) [b]Spirit[/b]: 26% ([b]+13[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 6% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 26% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 16% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 53% ([b]+15[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 25% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 17% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 16% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 17% ([b]+4[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 26% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 7% ([b]+6[/b]) [b]Last month I earned $560 and spent $500 netting a $60 profit! I now have $10,080 in savings. But I'm still pretty much living from paycheck to paycheck until that big written contract comes through from somewhere.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Next up on MLW's "Maple Leaf Express" I get another fight against Private Jim Nelson. I've beaten him twice before, I can do it again. But this 28:00 match turned into a lot more than that. Some in the crowd say it may go down as one of the best bouts in MLW history, as we were both to the point of needing medical attention ... I just happened to be the one with enough power to still sneak in a last bodyslam to get not the pin but the medical DQ from the ref! The big shock came after the match, when I learned that most in the crowd had given our match the rare "A" rating! I'd been able to tell that the crowd was into it, but I had no idea it was at that kind of level! I just knew we'd both been out there hitting each other with our best, and I had survived a bout that went on far longer than I'd wanted.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Wrestling at the Chase" I'm in a tag bout: me and Leo Burke vs. The Uptown Boys (Marty Janetty and Tommy Rogers). The shocking thing was that the underdog Tommy Rogers managed to pin me with 10:00 expired, and I LOST THE MATCH, my first loss for CSTATE! The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]For "Bulldog's Last Stand" tonight I'm fighting Marty Janetty hoping I can get back into my groove and win. But I seem to have lost a lot of confidence, and though I had him on the ropes, I just couldn't pin the f---er! And he managed to hit me with a Slingshot Sunset Flip that led to my pinning. That's too losses in a row, and I don't like where this is going. The match got a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "Central State All-Stars" tonight I found myself in an unusual situation (at least recently). I've lost two in a row, and I need to get myself back in line for greatness with a win over Tommy Rogers. But the curse continued despite serious effort on my part to avoid the loss ... 20:00 in, he hit that f---ing slingshot sunset flip and cost me the match! The fans gave the bout a "B+" but I've lost a lot of overness and spirit this week and I'm becoming frustrated again. What is it that's not working?[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked tonight on "Maple Leaf All-Stars" so my week ends on a down note.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]After a lot of thought, I've decided I'd like to focus on my American overness. So I called up Frank Tunney and let him know of my decision. I'm on an open contract, and I just think the time is right to move on. He seemed to understand, and I doubt there will be any hard feelings between us. I've also lined up an audition for Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF). I'll either fight for them on Wednesday or Sunday, the latter being more likely.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I made my debut on CWF's Beach Tour! Tonight he's got me fighting Scott McGee. The match lasted a brutal 25 minutes, and McGee managed to upend me despite the fact that we were both on empty and any pin at this point would have been more luck than skill. Still, the crowd must not have seen many matches like this one, because they gave it an "A" ... which I feel was a little more than was warranted. But if it helps me get a job, I'll take it. Sucks to lose another match though. Graham says he'll pay me $60 per appearance for six months, and I said fine. Though I think being able to put on an "A" match in my tryout could have led to a little more pay.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Bulldog's Last Stand" I'm fighting Bob Sweetan again. And I NEED this win! But no, I lost another match, and with it any semblance of the memory of that great win-streak that so recently captivated the fans. I'm freefalling ... and the fans gave it a "C+."[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight for Central State All-Stars I'll be fighting Atsushi Onita. This was probably a more brutal fight than Onita was expecting, but that wasn't for me to worry about. I simply wore him down to the point where the ref had to come in for the medical DQ at the 17:00 mark. The match got a "B-" from the fans. But I didn't get my win. What I hadn't seen through the blood in my eyes was that he'd DQ'd me for throwing the brass knuckles punch, RIGHT AS he also declared Onita ineligible to fight. What a f---ed up way to lose.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Wrestling For Florida" I was not booked.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]January 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "CWF Beach Tour" I was not booked.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "Bulldog's Last Stand" I was booked to fight Jerry Oates. I cracked up when I heard it was a sixty minute time limit match ... f---, I've never lasted sixty minutes in the ring! I'm realy getting down though ... I lost another match, this time in 15:00 after giving it my all, and I just can't find a way around it. The match got a "B-" rating, but that's no goddamned consolation.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm now 6-6 in CSTATE competition, after starting out 6-0. Go f---ing figure. Tonight on The Superbowl of Wrestling for CWF, I've got to put that behind me and prep for my bout against Scott McGee. This time I wasted no time, and when I saw my opening, I nailed the s.o.b. with a brass knuckles punch and ended the match (after just six minutes in the ring). The match only drew a "C" rating, but f--- it, I'm sick of jobbing![/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Wrestling From Florida" I'm taking on Larry Cameron. He kicked my ass, and there's not much more to say when a guy less over than you can stomp you in nine minutes. Another "C" rated match.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]January 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "CWF Beach Tour" tonight I took on Atsushi Onita again. This time I hit with the brass knuckles while good ole Mr. Ref wasn't looking, and I got the win with the three count! The match was rated "C+" by the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm fighting Jerry Oates on "Bulldog's Last Stand." This time I am GOING TO BEAT HIM! This time he only lasted 16:00 against me before he was begging for mercy and the ref had to call it (medical DQ again). I guess if all else fails and I can't get the win, I can just beat the s--- out of them. The match drew a "B-" from the crowd.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Central State All-Stars, I was not booked.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Wrestling from Florida, I was not booked.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]As of the end of the month of January, I'm now 18-29 with 16% overness in the US and Canada. My spirit is at 26%, my psychology's at 63% and my respect's at 8%. Beyond that there really wasn't that much of note to happen this month. Perhaps next month will be my chance to show the world that I am really the great wrestler I've kept saying I am.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]February 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "CWF Beach Tour" I've been booked in a 2 on 2 Elimination bout pitting myself and "Lethal" Larry Cameron against Scott McGee and Black Bart. I was eliminated from the match at the 17:00 mark by Black Bart with a Running Powerslam. But at the 21:00 mark, Larry Cameron got revenge for me, knocking out Black Bart by submission with an Elevated Hammerlock! He then got Scott McGee to submit with the Atlas Bear Hug at the 28:00 mark, giving our team the win! The match impressed the crowd, which awarded it a "B+" rating![/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "Bulldog's Last Stand it's time for me to take on Tommy Rogers yet again. This time anything less than a win is unacceptable. So go f---ing figure, I have him on the ropes and his goddamned MANAGER busts in and helps him turn the tide, beating me in 13:00 with a f---ing sunset flip! Unbelievable! The crowd rated it a "C+" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]They didn't book me tonight for Central State All-Stars.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on Wrestling From Florida, I'll be fighting Duke of Dorchester! And again I get dicked over by a goddamned manager! 13:00 in, his manager holds me back as he then administers the Thesz Press as the ref looks on! c--ks----r! The crowd gave it a "C+" rating. But I should have f---ing won.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Dave has now fought 50 matches. His record? 19-31.[/b][/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]February 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]At CWF's monthly event at the Fort Homer Hesterly Armory, I sat on the sidelines. Guess they didn't think I was ready yet for a push in one of their "big events."[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On "CWF Beach Tour" tonight I faced Roger Kirby in an upper midcard match. This one took me 18:00 to lose, as I landed some blows but failed to do anything serious to end the match. The guy was just too damned big to pin, and I had no other real option except to keep hammering and hope he'd fall. He didn't. The match drew a "B-" rating from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Bulldog's Last Stand" for Central States I fought Leo Burke in a midcard match! And though I again had him on the ropes, he finished me with the Brass Knuckles Punch, flaunting the fact that the refs had been on his side the entire night. The whole thing took only 14:00 and got a "C+" from the fans.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I petitioned for a rematch, and got one tonight against Leo Burke on Central State All-Stars! Eight minutes in, I decided to give him a taste of his medicine from last week, and hit him with the Fireball, a highly illegal move in which I blasted him in the face with a firebomb created with flash paper! The referee just gave me a "warning" and I ignored it, pinning him quickly! The match only drew a "C" rating, but I could tell the move had done its job! As I was walking backstage later in the evening, I heard several people refer to me as Dave "The Flame" Vonner. I kind of like that one ... [/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]On CWF's "Wrestling from Florida" tonight I fought Kung Fu, a wrestler with both more overness and more wrestling spirit than I have. He's a solid fighter, which explains his 42-27 record, but I had the hope that I could still upend him. But he pinned me in 11:00 and there was nothing I could do about it.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]It's been six weeks since I last gave you my full stats, updated. So here's how I've improved since New Years.[/b] [b]Win-Loss[/b]: 20-34 (6-14 in 1984) [b]Overness[/b] US ([b]17%[/b]) [b]+2[/b] Canada ([b]16%[/b]) [b]+2[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 25% ([b]-1[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 6% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 28% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 17% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 70% ([b]+17[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 25% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 19% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 18% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 19% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 28% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 9% ([b]+2[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]February 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]For "CWF Beach Tour" tonight I fought Mike Graham. He pinned me in seven minutes. It got a "C" from the fans, and I left the ring disgusted with myself.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on "Bulldog's Last Stand" tonight.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked on "Central State All-Stars" either.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Sunday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]According to my trainer, not only have I gained a point in power, I've gained the wait I needed to be an official middleweight! And tonight in the upper midcard match for "Wrestling from Florida" I got a fight against Roger Kirby. But he managed to pin me nine minutes in; my lack of an ability to FINISH a match is really frustrating me. "I get them on the ropes," I tell my trainer, "and they still pin ME, when I can't hit a finisher for the life of me!" Guess I've still got a lot of work ahead of me. The match drew a "C" rating. As for my training, I've realized that power is something I've seriously lacked. I will continue over the next two months to build on my power skills. Meanwhile I also hope to gain another weight class (moving up to Heavyweight by the end of April). Then I'll aim for stamina to go with my power. It's a long term plan, but I think it will lead to serious benefits that can help me build a career.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]February 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to appear on "CWF Beach Tour" tonight.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on "Bulldog's Last Stand" I'm in a 2 on 2 match, me and Tommy Rogers against Atsushi Onita and Larry Cameron. We were outmatched, it was clear that the powers that be wanted the other team to win. I hammered them senseless, but Tommy Rogers can't tag fight worth a damn, and I had to do all the work. 19 minutes in, I ended up submitting to an Octopus Stretch by Atsushi Onita. The crowd gave it a "B-" overall.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I've come to the tough realization that I'm over my head fighting for CWF and Central State. I recently spoke with Ron Fuller of the local Tennessee / Alabama fed Southeastern Championship Wrestling, and he said he'd be willing to offer me $80 per appearance over the next three months to come fight for his fed, to be personally trained by him! He said he thinks I have the power to move up to bigger feds, but that I need to first focus on one fed and climb the ranks there. Main Eventing for him is certainly bound to be better than low midcarding it for the other feds ... and hell, maybe I'll get a title shot! So I signed on the line, and let CWF and Cental State know I'd be leaving them effective immediately. I'll likely debut next Tuesday.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]March 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I debuted in an upper midcard bout against Mr. Olympia. the former Alabama Heavyweight Champion. He's more than three times as over as I am, and I am worried I won't be able to put on a good show against him. But I needn't have worried, as I easily gained the upper hand and he apparently had developed a glass jaw! I pounded him mercilessly, and it only took 16:00 for the ref to finally come to his senses and medically DQ Mr. Olympia! Not only did I gain a victory, but it was an IMPRESSIVE one against a much tougher opponent! The fans gave it a "B-" overall, but seemed impressed with my SECW debut.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I was scheduled in a road trip 2 on 2 match, teamed with young Canadian grappler Chris Benoit, against The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden). We put on a pretty good show, but I was pinned by Robert Fuller after 22:00 with a Leaping Piledriver, and the match ended with a "B-" rating. After the fight, I was surprised when Benoit gave me the evil eye, flipped me off and stormed backstage. It wasn't like we didn't put on a good fight, he spent plenty of time in the ring, and HE didn't pin the guys either. I'd better hope I can get to the bottom of this before it turns in a direction I can't control.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was given the night off, so I didn't appear on "Southeastern Championship" this weekend.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]March 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Ron Fuller kept me busy all weekend in training, and decided he'd rather not book me until later in the week. So I tagged along for tonight's travelling show and did some color commentary on a couple fights, but otherwise this was a quiet start to the week.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I got booked against Barry Orton in a 1 on 1 match. And tonight, not only did I put on a great show, but I managed to hit the fireball again, wowing the crowd and sending Orton reeling! The ref didn't see it (don't ask me how!) but I didn't get the pin, because Chris Benoit came in and pulled me off! I still can't believe he's picking a fight with me, all we did was lose a match against a better tag team. But now I've certainly got a legitimate reason to want to have him taken out back and killed ... the f---er cost me a win! Orton recovered from the fireball, and with 15:00 expired, he pinned ME with the double arm DDT! The fans gave it a "B-" but I was too steamed to give a damn. Just wait, Benoit! You're a f---ing dead man![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Last night I was walking back to my car after a tough day training with Fuller, when I ran into Benoit. The two of us spent a few moments feeling each other out, then I decided to take things into my own hands and brained the son of a bitch with a tire iron. I drove away, not looking back. Ron Fuller didn't take that too well, and banned me from fighting in tonight's show. Oh well, it was worth it to get that f---er back. Now maybe he'll wait for a chance to take me in the RING. That I could deal with.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]March 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I didn't join the rest of the fed on Tuesday for the road show. I figured if I wasn't going to be fighting, I ought to enjoy the time off, and use it to continue my training regimin.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Fuller didn't book me again ... I'm getting a little nervous, though he hasn't mentioned it, that the fallout from last Friday's attack on Chris Benoit might have worse repercussions than I'd expected.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight I'll be fighting Robert Fuller in the main event! Too bad he outmatched me completely, beating me in 16:00 with a double arm DDT. The match got a "B-" rating.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]March 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight against Timothy Flowers in the main event. And he embarassingly managed to beat me into submission within just 18:00. The fans gave it a "B-". That hit my overness and spirit hard. I'll have serious work to do if I want to get out of this slump.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to appear in tonight's touring event.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Yet again I went unbooked.[/color] [center][color=darkgreen][b]Here's how I've improved over the last six weeks:[/b] [b]Win-Loss[/b]: 21-41 (1-7, last 6 wks) [b]Overness[/b] US ([b]18%[/b]) [b]+1[/b] Canada ([b]16%[/b]) [b]EVEN[/b] [b]Spirit[/b]: 24% ([b]-1[/b]) [b]Power[/b]: 8% ([b]+2[/b]) [b]Technique[/b]: 28% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Speed[/b]: 17% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Psychology[/b]: 75% ([b]+5[/b]) [b]Stamina[/b]: 25% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Toughness[/b]: 19% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Charisma[/b]: 19% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Microphone[/b]: 20% ([b]+1[/b]) [b]Safety[/b]: 28% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Looks[/b]: 74% ([b]EVEN[/b]) [b]Respect[/b]: 9% ([b]EVEN[/b])[/color][/center]

[color=darkred][b][u]April 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight in the main event I faced Ben Bassarab, who pinned me in eight minutes, adding to my humiliating losing streak. The crowd found it dull and gave us a "C" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]I'm 1-9 in my last ten matches, and have lost five straight. I need to turn things around, but I wasn't booked for tonight's touring show.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Again I went unbooked -- which concerns me. Am I not good enough to be fighting? Will I be considered for a contract renewal in a month or so?[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]]April 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]I wasn't booked today to fight in the touring show.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Not only do I still have a 1-9 record in my last ten, I haven't been booked since last Tuesday. If I don't get a fight on Saturday I may have to schedule a serious discussion with Fuller. He's the one who wanted me here. And I can't put food on my table without matches![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/b][/i][/color]: [color=sienna]Finally! Not only did I get a match tonight, I got the feud bout against Chris Benoit, to hopefully settle this score we'd developed! The first thing I noticed about fighting against him was his speed. The second thing I noticed was ... well, his speed, as he flipped one of my power moves back on me, slamming me into the mat. What worked against him was that I took a lot out of him early. And he wasn't able to finish me as quickly as he'd wanted. What worked against me was my lack of stamina, which meant that while I lasted longer than he'd hoped, that worked to my disadvantage as much as it did to his. He beat me, at the 18:00 mark, with a Russian Piledriver, and I knew it was coming. But I was too tired at that point to really think about it. The crowd seemed to enjoy it, gave us a "B-" rating. But I have now lost six straight, and have done little to prove my worth in the last six weeks with SECW.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]April 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 3[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I got a rematch tonight against Timothy Flowers. And I broke the losing streak, beating him severely and then got him into submission with the Goodnight Irene sleeper hold! The match drew a "B-" from the fans, but I was so elated that I'd gotten a win, it probably looked like I'd gotten the title belt![/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]After the win Tuesday, I was able to look at things rationally. Now that I have snapped the streak, it's time to make a serious run to prove I'm worth resigning. Tonight, against Jimmy Golden, I would need to make a good impression -- and since he's a far more experienced worker than I am, that meant a lot of pre-match prep. And I was doing great, until Chris Benoit came in 12:00 in and busted up my submission move, leading me to brain him in the head with the brass knuckles, leading to my disqualification. So I f---ing lost, and if he f---s with my matches again I'll make sure the knuckles get rammed so far up his ass he'll need a rectal exam! The match drew a "C+" rating.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I won't get my chance to finish the feud with Benoit ... I was told this morning that he has decided to leave the fed, but then was told by Fuller that he had been considered a lockerroom truoblemaker and had been fired. Who knows if anyone's going to want to pick him up right away after that leaks out.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to fight tonight.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]April 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 4[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]I am now a heavyweight thanks to my recent continued weight gain. I am now no longer working on bulking up. I am now primarily working to improve my stamina and power, and will continue with that training regimin for the forseeable future.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]I was not booked to participate in the road show tonight.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Thursday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Again I was not booked on Thursday. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be considered for renewal at all, with the weak level of commitment I'm getting from Fuller when it comes to simple things such as actually booking me to wrestle.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]Not a single fight this week. That can't be a good omen.[/color] [color=darkred][b][u]May 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 1[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]No fight tonight.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/color][/b][/i]: [color=sienna]With thirty days left on my contract, I got called in by Ron Fuller for a meeting. He offered me a raise to $108 per show over the next six months. But I argued with him. The way you're booking me, I say, I need a lot more than that to make it worth my time ... I've been losing money the whole time I've worked here! He told me that clearly we had differing opinions on what a "fair wage" is, and told me to get the f--- out of his office. I quit on the spot.[/color]

[color=darkred][b][u]May 1984[/u][/b] - [b]Week 2[/b][/color] [color=green][b][i]Monday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I set up a meeting with Jerry Lawler, who books for CWA, and he has agreed to book me in a tryout match. If he likes what he sees, he told me he'd put in a good word with Jerry Jarrett and then I'd hopefully be employed again. I debuted tonight on CWA All-Stars in an opening bout against Chris Carter. I won the match in 21:00 after rendering Chris Carter unable to put up a defense! I'd done a lot of damage to his legs early, which had left him unable to perform his big finishers, and then kept landing mine. The ref finally had to come in for the medical DQ, and I got the win, with a "B+" rating from the fans for good measure! Jarrett offered me $60 per appearance, and wanted me tied in for a year before he'd renegotiate. I got him down to six months and signed. I need to put food on my table, can't afford to get greedy. I then got a call from my old friend Don Owen, back at Pacific Northwest! Seems he needed an upper midcarder, and was willing to pay me the whopping sum of $128 per appearance, with renegotiations after two months! So if I can impress him, I could see a raise by mid-summer! Of course I signed that one, I'd have been crazy as f--- not to. So I'll be appearing for CWA on Mondays and Saturdays, with shows for PNW on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Should keep me busy and happy.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Tuesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]I was not booked tonight on PNW Around the Horn.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Wednesday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on PNW's "Big Time Wrestling" I fought Assassin in the MAIN EVENT! I won the match in 11:00 by beating the living hell out of Assassin and then nailing him with the brass knuckles! He went down like a sack of bricks. Seriously, it's helping a lot that I can make these moves with some heavyweight power behind them ... even if my pure power and stamina are lacking. The crowd gave it a "C+" for effort, but they seemed pretty bored by the whole affair.[/color] [color=green][b][i]Friday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight is CWA "Night of Champions," their big event for the month! And I consider myself lucky to have gotten booked at all, since this card was preordained since three or four weeks ago. Kung Fu and Jerry O took on myself and Chavo Guerrero Sr. in a 2 on 2 Elimination Rules match! Chavo's an amazing fighter, and he put on a helluva show to start the night, but I came in early and tried to do some damage and failed miserably. 14:00 into the match I was eliminated by Kung Fu with a Ground Roundhouse Kick. So it became a 2 on 1 handicap with Chavo Sr left to take the other two on by himself. But he did an amazing job, and turned this into an "A" match that the fans will remember long after the rest of the card is forgotten! When Kung Fu finally managed to pin him after 45 grueling minutes, the fans were all on their feet cheering what may go down as the best match of the year![/color] [color=green][b][i]Saturday[/i][/b][/color]: [color=sienna]Tonight on CWA "Renegade Rampage" I was pitted against Akira Maeda, the former Universal International Heavyweight Champion. He's 28-5, which makes him a target I can hardly expect to hit with any kind of accuracy. To make it more interesting, though, they made it a cage match. Should at least keep the crowd interested after he breaks my skull, right? He beat me in 14:00, sure, but I did manage to stun him on several occasions, and it was only due to his astounding speed that he kept ME from escaping at least three times. Against anyone but Maeda, I think I easily could have won this one, which says a lot. The match only got a "C+" though, because the fans agreed with me that it was a stupendously ignorant piece of booking nonsense. If they wanted to see me slaughtered in an uneven fight, they probably would have pitted me against Addullah the Butcher, not a Japanese heavyweight speedster.[/color]

Archived