Calling All Mainstreamers!

keefmoon

[QUOTE=panix04;230524]By the way every beer i had in the state's was repulsive, why can't you find a real ale in the states? :confused:[/QUOTE] Goes both ways. I'd like to come to the UK and actually have food with some flavor, texture, TASTE dammit! ENGLISH food, not fusion. :p

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Remianen;230539]Goes both ways. I'd like to come to the UK and actually have food with some flavor, texture, TASTE dammit! ENGLISH food, not fusion. :p[/QUOTE] chips have flavour! Crikey atleast our chips have some potato in 'em! :D out of interest were do you eat when your in the UK?

Fight Club is quite possible the most awesomest movie ever made. It ranks up there along with Boondock Saints. My wardrobe... expensive jeans, with some nice dress shirts. Other than that, I have cheap tshirts from Jansport (for those who know what it is, best store ever.) Thing I get the most wear out of? I have a couple pairs of Under Armor sweatpants (they are fairly expensive) but warm and comfortable.

[QUOTE=panix04;230544]chips have flavour! Crikey atleast our chips have some potato in 'em! :D out of interest were do you eat when your in the UK?[/QUOTE] Depends on where I am. I'm usually led along to someplace ("You HAVE to try the food at this place!") but rarely am I taken to actual ENGLISH eateries. It's usually Japanese or Italian or Chinese or some fusion joint. The few times I've had home cooked stuff (my assistant grew up in Kent), I wasn't impressed, sad to say. Last time I was there, I was in Manchester and ate at a place called Spice.....which was fusion!

[QUOTE=panix04;230536]perhaps i was unfortunate in that the only place i really tried the beer in was vegas and most of the hotel bars only really did Miller or Bud, im not really a fan of either! [/QUOTE] Agreed, they're both crap! You should be able to get bottles of Samuel Adams at your local Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury, it's not bad so give it it try.

there are a lot of English meals out there that taste really good, if you can stay away from Indian Returants and Pizza place's and step off the beaten track and look at some of the pub food there are some real gems to be had. Starting with a good old fashion roast dinner! You can't beat roast Beef with all the trimmings! Roast potato's (or spuds to us english!) carrot and swede, cauliflower, damn its making me hugry just thinking about it, then there is fish/ocean/mariners pie, which is basically cod in a parsely/cheese sauce covered in mashed potato, when the fish is as good as it is in England there is no need for seasoning! And you have to try Shephards/cottage pie as well. Oh and corned beef hash! Im realising just how many English dish's contain mashed potato! :D But it all pails in comparison to a nice portion of chips with either curry sauce or gravy, beautiful! I must admit, i didn't get to sample much American cuisine whilt i was in the US, we mainly ate at Dehli's or take away joint's what kinda dish's get served around home's in the US?

I agree with the sentiments about pub food. A decent Guinness Steak Pie or Sausage and Mash is mouth watering. There's nothing quite like it. I'm glad to see so many people on here are individuals and just go with whatever they want to do. I'm the same- out of work I've worn the same £4 pair of loud and larey shorts for the last three days, and each of my t-shirts have been from primark. I play TEW, which I've got a lot of stick for, and perhaps my favourite album to listen to at the moment is "The Sun Is Often Out" by the Longpigs, in which I think one song got to number 18 in about '95. So I'm hardly keeping with what's cool, but perhaps that's because my job means I constantly have to be around people trying to fit in and be cool, which can be almost embarrassing to watch.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;230576]I agree with the sentiments about pub food. A decent Guinness Steak Pie or Sausage and Mash is mouth watering. There's nothing quite like it. I'm glad to see so many people on here are individuals and just go with whatever they want to do. I'm the same- out of work I've worn the same £4 pair of loud and larey shorts for the last three days, and each of my t-shirts have been from primark. I play TEW, which I've got a lot of stick for, and perhaps my favourite album to listen to at the moment is "The Sun Is Often Out" by the Longpigs, in which I think one song got to number 18 in about '95. So I'm hardly keeping with what's cool, but perhaps that's because my job means I constantly have to be around people trying to fit in and be cool, which can be almost embarrassing to watch.[/QUOTE] what do you do?

[QUOTE=keefmoon;230589]I'm sure you know, we talked about it on another thread? That's when I found out you and Tristram both want to be teachers.[/QUOTE] ahh yes, i remember now, sorry i have a brain like a seiv, sieve, seeeve ....collondor, collanda, damn it! I have a brain with loads of holes in it!

[QUOTE=panix04;230591]ahh yes, i remember now, sorry i have a brain like a seiv, sieve, seeeve ....collondor, collanda, damn it! I have a brain with loads of holes in it![/QUOTE] Sieve and colander. You muppet :p [QUOTE=shamelessposer;230592]That's one way for the US to overtake the UK in literacy tests. ;):D[/QUOTE] Ha! Great timing on the post, right after panix couldn't spell the names of two household kitchen utensils!

[QUOTE=panix04;230746]I was being funny, did know when get that?[/QUOTE] No sir, I did not. Are you trying to be funny here from what appears to be an attempt at "no-one"? Or did you have one too many in whilst watching the game?!

Archived