Backlash Spoiler Alert- Do Not Read If You Don't Want To Know Results

keefmoon

Hey everyone, if you listen really carefully, and I mean really carefully, you can hear something. It sounds like a grown man weeping, crying even. That man is Paul Heyman. The ECW Champion is now Vince McMahon. Good lord. Styles wasn't lying when he said it was the darkest day in ECW history.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm watching the show an its been a pretty good PPV thus far (Mickie/Melina was surprisingly good and MVP/Benoit lived up to expectations. the skits have been hilarious) so I'm going to try and not overreact to this. Maybe they're trying to get more heat for Lashley..maybe there'll be a tourney on ECW and Lashley will move over to Raw. Does suck atm though.

Whether it goes into a tournament or even if it's just for storylines purposes or whatever, I absolutely hate this decision. I was p*ssed off when Lashley won the belt. I'm ****ing furious that McMahon has. Oh well, serves me right for watching it against my better judgement. I guess what has made me most annoyed is I'm not even surprised. Meh, I'm just going to go to bed. It's far too early in the morning here (3am) to try to comprehend this insane piece of booking/insane disregard for the heritage and prestige of ECW (the company, not the brand)

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;229167]More irritated by the draw in the Last Man Standing Match. Great match. WTF ending.[/QUOTE] doesnt beat the OMGWTF bull**** ending that graced the main event though, Cena is still invincible *yawn* the bread i bought two weeks ago is less stale! PS the yawn wasn't 'cos im bored of Cena, its 3:41 here!

Doesn't really surprise me. Honestly, after RVD dropped the belt I lost any and all reason to watch the ECW shows. I sincerely hope that if he does jump ship to TNA, he's the guy that brings enough fans to make them seem legitimate... but probably not. I think that instead of their current introductory sequence, ECW should just open every Tuesday night with a video of Vince McMahon walking through a cemetery, finding a headstone marked "ECW", unzipping and whipping it out, and pissing all over the grave. But hey, that's just what I would do.

[QUOTE=panix04;229170]doesnt beat the OMGWTF bull**** ending that graced the main event though, Cena is still invincible *yawn* the bread i bought two weeks ago is less stale! PS the yawn wasn't 'cos im bored of Cena, its 3:41 here![/QUOTE] Yeah. wow. Edge Speared Orton. Cena FU'd Edge. Michaels Superkicked Cena. Cena fell onto Orton and the ref counted 3. I can believe that Cena retained, but that ending was off. I'm guessing they're setting up yet another HBK/Cena match at the next PPV.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;229175]Yeah. wow. Edge Speared Orton. Cena FU'd Edge. Michaels Superkicked Cena. Cena fell onto Orton and the ref counted 3. I can believe that Cena retained, but that ending was off. I'm guessing they're setting up yet another HBK/Cena match at the next PPV.[/QUOTE] I think im just miffed 'cos im tired, in fairness they could do worse then continuing the HBK Vs. Cena feud, those two seem to have real chemistry together.

[QUOTE=syndicate;229182]looks like i am going to stop watching raw again... i am so annoyed by cena being pushed as a face who fails at life in the ring and on the mic[/QUOTE] Exactly. He's one of the most oever guys in the company and he just put on a MOTY candidate with HBK on Raw. Clearly he sucks.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;229186]Exactly. He's one of the most oever guys in the company and he just put on a MOTY candidate with HBK on Raw. Clearly he sucks.[/QUOTE] The match on Raw was very strong, the energy level was superb and lets be honest his mic work is spot on, i couldn't agree with you more Peter, i still think his moveset is lacking a bit, but i noticed the fishermans suplex last night, so maybe they are trying to expand what he does. he could do with ditching the flying shoulder block though!

[QUOTE=panix04;229217]The match on Raw was very strong, the energy level was superb and lets be honest his mic work is spot on, i couldn't agree with you more Peter, i still think his moveset is lacking a bit, but i noticed the fishermans suplex last night, so maybe they are trying to expand what he does. he could do with ditching the flying shoulder block though![/QUOTE] he has been doing the fishermans suplex for sometime, nearly every match in fact....

[QUOTE=Franchise22;229297]he has been doing the fishermans suplex for sometime, nearly every match in fact....[/QUOTE] shows how much atention i have been paying! Its quite emberassing to be honest seeing as i have barely missed an episode of RAW since i got sky last year! :o

Guest Ransik
There is a difference between the Vince McMahon "angry boss" and the "I want an ego trip." So now we know what Vince's true intentions were with remaking ECW... to show that once again no one can top the ever-powerful Vince McMahon. I won't be watching any WWE until an actual wrestler has the ECW Title... and I don't even watch ECW. I just don't want to see 45 minute McMahon ego trips on every episode. Vince McMahon has proven once again WHY WCW started kicking him straight in the ass for over a year. If TNA had the ability to capitalize... Vinnie would be in serious trouble right about now. Too bad they aren't.

I was waiting to see the reaction about Lashley. I didn't see a way that match would go over for anyone, pretty much, it didn't matter who won... McMahan wins, and it's "Oh my god, What have they done to the ECW championship". In my opinion, it gives an honest reason for McMahan to be on ECW now, and.... It should help the ECW ratings with him on it (that's what I would think anyways, but this might be TOO MUCH for them). However, if... by the luck of the Irish, Lashley won, I believe there would have been alot of Lashley bashing.... "Yeah, Lashley win's against three of them, Sure..." "I don't know why they are pushing Lashley so heavily!" etc. The Fatal fourway, well.... I figure that had alot of options, and once again the message is sent... Cena is the man. It really does make for an interesting long term feud between him and HBK. I here that Trips don't have that much longer (Another month or so? That's the last I heard.), so if Cena keeps roughing it out with HBK, it's going to be interesting to see what happens when HHH Gets back... I still say that whole HBK vs. Cena thing was supposed to be a HHH vs. Cena thing, and HBK is doing it because of HHH Injury. Batista and the Undertaker, shaping into a great feud huh? I have been really impressed with Batista's performance lately. He needs to take a few more breaths before "Sounding" Intense, but his eyes, facial expressions and all, are right on time. NOTE: I did not like Batista during the whole comeback, untill this feud with Undertaker. TAKER is either making him look good, or making him step up his game. I am going for the latter, since he's also looking good against other opponants then Undertaker. Hardy's.... That title should be looking pretty good to people, or better. It seems to be getting some new attention. Benoit!! Now that Title is looking VERY GOOD. This feud (in TEW Terms) should be bringing up the prestige nicely.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;229175]Yeah. wow. Edge Speared Orton. Cena FU'd Edge. Michaels Superkicked Cena. Cena fell onto Orton and the ref counted 3. I can believe that Cena retained, but that ending was off. I'm guessing they're setting up yet another HBK/Cena match at the next PPV.[/QUOTE] That's what I had predicted before Backlash. Cena retained at Backlash, and now they'll set up for Cena/Michaels III. The Fatal Four Way was actually a somewhat entertaining match, but I agree, that's no way to end a PPV.

[QUOTE=Ransik;229321]There is a difference between the Vince McMahon "angry boss" and the "I want an ego trip." So now we know what Vince's true intentions were with remaking ECW... to show that once again no one can top the ever-powerful Vince McMahon. I won't be watching any WWE until an actual wrestler has the ECW Title... and I don't even watch ECW. I just don't want to see 45 minute McMahon ego trips on every episode. Vince McMahon has proven once again WHY WCW started kicking him straight in the ass for over a year. If TNA had the ability to capitalize... Vinnie would be in serious trouble right about now. Too bad they aren't.[/QUOTE] Put yourself in the writers position.... Just for a second here: When McMahan is on, ratings go up (ECW ratings went up anytime it was known Vince would be on). They are the number one show on Sci-Fi, but they want to be closer to Smackdown ratings with the show, then what they are. The Channel has enough viewer's to do that, so they want it. Now, with these "facts" on the plate, how would you right it in for Vince to start making frequent, or maybe even outright full time, visits on ECW? He has to have a reason, that's part of the whole reason for writers. Vince loves performing, but doesn't want to be too physical anymore.... So bring in more, let Vince finish it and there you go... Presto, Instant reason for Vince to be on ECW. They could have done other things, but it's been proven that Vince Feuds work. This is what they wanted for ECW in the first place (in a round-a-bout way), when Nick Foley wanted Vince to get physical for the show. They liked his idea, just not the guy Foley wanted to use for it. So it looks like Lashley is the guy (Looks, it might not be him though, it might turn into RVD, or CM Punk, who knows, now that Vince has the title, it has many possibilities). Anyways, either way... Whomever confronts Vince will become an everyday name in wrestling... SO it will help someone. I believe to enjoy ECW, you have to get passed the ECW Promotion, and realise that this is a WWE brand. Good or bad, it gets better ratings then ECW the promotion ever did (not a fair way to put it, as WWE obviously has more clout to back it up). They never intended it to be a "Remake", and that was said OVER and OVER at the beginning, from Heyman to Foley, to Vince himself. WWE believes... Vince believes that you have to get the people interested in the individuals. If he has to take a part in doing that, then so be it... He's the greatest heel they have (who else is more hated?). If I were him, I couldn't do this everytime someone needed help, but Vince does, and he performs, gets boo'd, and somehow finds a way to enjoy what he is doing. Most importantly, Vince is not the Writer... Weather you want to believe that's HIM for real or not, he doesn't decide... I know he has say so, but I heard about a very similar storyline, by Nick Foley, with Vince pretty much doing the same thing, only.... It wasn't with Lashley.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;229322]I was waiting to see the reaction about Lashley. I didn't see a way that match would go over for anyone, pretty much, it didn't matter who won... McMahan wins, and it's "Oh my god, What have they done to the ECW championship". In my opinion, it gives an honest reason for McMahan to be on ECW now, and.... It should help the ECW ratings with him on it (that's what I would think anyways, but this might be TOO MUCH for them). However, if... by the luck of the Irish, Lashley won, I believe there would have been alot of Lashley bashing.... "Yeah, Lashley win's against three of them, Sure..." "I don't know why they are pushing Lashley so heavily!" etc[/QUOTE] You're saying this like it's a defence for giving a 60 something year old businessman a title that used to be for some of the most talented or most hardcore people on the planet. If people weren't going to be happy with the result any way it went, why have the match in the first place?! I agree, if Lashley would have beaten all 3 of them then that would have been as boring as the invincible Cena storyline. It was too soon for Umaga to win. Shane isn't a wrestler. Vince is perhaps the worst of the lot to win the title. So out of the four [I]people[/I] in the ring (I'm not even using the word wrestlers) to want none of them to win says what a bad piece of booking this is. Just like McMahon bought WCW just to crush them in front of a worldwide audience, he's done the same with ECW. And there is one sentance in what you said that really sums up WWE today, and why people haven't stopped watching it or stopped buying the merchandise; [QUOTE]it didn't matter who won[/QUOTE] The match was for the ECW World Title! If it doesn't matter who wins then there is something seriously, seriously wrong, and an awful piece of booking. As Ransik said, this was the sort of stuff WCW was pulling that meant they lost their spot at the top. It's the sort of stuff that meant WCW overtook WWF in the first place. I just wish TNA had formed around 1998 sort of time, and had someone with untold millions in the bank. If that was the case, the WWF would be second best right now. Or if not, they would be performing a lot better than this.

Guest Ransik
The ratings go up when Vince is on? I must've missed that report to be honest... cause usually when I see the ratings report for ECW it's always in the same exact spot or .1 or .2 lower than the week before. If Vince McMahon equaled ratings... ECW would've spiked over 2.0... and they haven't. If Lashley had pinned Vince or Shane it wouldn't have mattered that he won... cause even though it was 3 on 1... 2 out of the 3 aren't full-time wrestlers. Umaga gets taken out of the equation... bingo... easy way to book the finish. I would've rather seen Shane win it (if a McMahon HAD to win it) so he could do some serious hardcore matches with the ECW Originals. Vince will do NOTHING to add to any angle or storyline other than take up an absurd amount of TV time on every show when 1 or 2 matches could take place otherwise. Just think about it; Shane McMahon claiming he's more hardcore then the ECW Originals... that would not only brnig some hardcore wrestling to the ECW matches but MIGHT encourage viewers to tune in to see if they can pull it off. I won't be impressed nor watch Vince win matches by Umaga interfering every single time. And I don't get how people are STILL going on with the "Cena is invincible" garbage. His win last night was a fluke. If HBK could've made the cover... HE would've been the WWE Champion. THat will [b]obviously[/b] be what sets up the 3rd HBK/Cena encounter, and I fully expect HBK to win the belt, cause they're not gonna make him job in a Title match twice. Cena is learning some valuable things being in the ring with HBK so much, and it's very noticable that he is... they're probably keeping it up in order to broaden Cena's ring skills since he's on the road too much to do it otherwise.

Archived