The next RAW main event....there goes my interest.

MightyDavidson

So RAW was advertising Michaels vs Cena for tonight and even teased Cena vs Ken Kennedy. Then Michaels, Edge and Orton were all taken out and what do we get? Cena vs.....Khali? :mad: The Great Khali? I'm shocked they managed to find somebody less talented then K-Fed for Cena to feud with. :rolleyes:

Guest Ransik
It's the WWE, what do you expect? Just when you think they're gonna get back into the great wrestling that once had legions of people all over the world calling them the greatest show on earth... they go right back to teh worthless piles of garbage that got those same fans to go "see ya." I was thinking Jericho... Foley... hell maybe Carlito since he turned heel. ANYONE that could put on a decent match with Cena. And we get Khali. Over a hundred wrestlers under WWE payroll... and we get Kahli.

It had to happen sooner or later, if they are intent on keeping him on TV. (Not that I would mind them taking him OFF TV). I did notice Khali had moved alot more then normal this time... I was so...... let's say unimpressed with that being the person... That I kind of looked elsewhere for a second (my son was playing a rematch of backlash online with the Xbox360, he was playing HBK). So when I turn back around to watch, I see Khali giving Cena some boots in the corner, more then a couple... Is that all he did? I seen the arm blows too, but I missed how Cena ended up in the corner... I did see the failed FU attempt (That's becoming quite a habbit, isn't it?). Khali did LOOK GIGANTIC compared to Cena... His hand covered Cena's whole head, as if Cena was like a six year old or something.

I was right about the ECW vs. McMahan thing... They must have read my mind... Vince called himself the "King of Extreme"... and I think he appeared happy about that belt then any other, lol. Let's see what we can work out here. Cena is the champion, we are led to "believe" that he is a very lucky person from the Backlash fluke. SO, now we have HBK who has beaten Cena... Supposedly to get another shot.. Khali takes over that slot, but why? They've built on Khali the whole time, originally was feuded with Undertaker. Now, Undertaker is the Smackdown holder, if Khali becomes the Raw holder... Hmmm..... Then there is HHH, who is coming back soon. Maybe this is just a distraction, to take off the heat from HBK and the rest, so that they can easily pull in a Triple H vs. John Cena feud. Then there is the Hardy's, getting what looked like totally awesome respect from a surprisingly likeable Murdock and Cade. Nitro loss's pretty quick to Jeff. I am believing that Nitro is going to be a permanant fixture on the lower midcard. However, Murdock and Cade actually sounded good on the mic's (comfortable might be the word).... Something I never thought the Hardy's have been. It would be kewl to see something happen unexpected here, but just what could it be? Mark Henry scheduled to be back Friday? Think it's going to take Batista off Undertaker?

[QUOTE=Ransik;229648]It's the WWE, what do you expect?[/QUOTE] Honestly, while I didn't like it at all (I think Khali's a worthless sack of...), I gotta admit, it's probably the ONLY way they could get folks to actually give a damn about him. Have him "decimate" the people fans actually want to see and you get him hated (if only by proxy). As much as I may not like the Umaga character, at least Jamal can wrestle. Think of all the matches Umaga has had since they debuted the character. Now, could you see them swapping him for Khali and getting similar results? Seriously, I think this is a last gasp. Consider who Khali has "destroyed" since debuting. Beat up 'Taker, handily beat a reigning world champion in Rey (though sadly, that wasn't so unusual :(), and played a bit part previously in the Cena-Umaga storyline. Then on the grandest stage of 'em all, he makes "The Big Red Machine" look like Little Red Riding Hood. I mean, who else can they have him beat up before people give a crap about him? Only people left are the ones he "faced" tonight. Honestly, something a friend brought up to me a little while ago. Why doesn't someone like Vader open a wrestling school specifically for big men? I'm a big booster of APW and their Boot Camp but they can only teach so much (especially given how much money the moron cost Roland). A veteran big man might have insights that are somewhat unique. Anyway, like I said, I didn't like it but I figure they have to find SOMETHING for him to do to earn his paycheck. Umaga's currently filling the 'Mr McMahon's muscle' role that Khali was in when he first came to RAW so.....

Aye, I aggree with you 100%. My feelings on the show itself are mixed... I actually liked the whole show, and the fact that I actually thought that RVD was going to win against Umaga... I certainly didn't expect that ending. And the whole ECW originals totally outraged........NO! They were completely somber... almost sad. The words "He pissed all over what used to be ECW!" was said by Tommy, and that was also said by someone earlier today on these forums... SO they KNOW what they did there. Now why did they do it? I'm actually looking forward to ECW tomorrow night, BECAUSE of this.... I think ECW has been the best show for a few weeks now, and I'm really wondering what the heck they can do with this "drawback" if you want to call it that.

My response to that would be 'don't give him a paycheck' since he's given them more then enough reason to can him. After all he's consistently had the worst matches on any PPV he's been on and the fans don't really seem to give a damn about him. In my opinion, having him squash Cena only hurts Cena. What pisses me off is that they could've just as easily brought out somebody like CM Punk and gotten a much bigger reaction and the promise of an actual good match down the road.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;229667]My response to that would be 'don't give him a paycheck' since he's given them more then enough reason to can him. After all he's consistently had the worst matches on any PPV he's been on and the fans don't really seem to give a damn about him. In my opinion, having him squash Cena only hurts Cena. What pisses me off is that they could've just as easily brought out somebody like CM Punk and gotten a much bigger reaction and the promise of an actual good match down the road.[/QUOTE] I aggree with that 100%, in that I aggree what you said makes perfect scense... But then the investiment and time they have put into Khali goes down the drain, and he's very large.. This really IS the last resort... Take their top star, and have him win.. He took out all main eventer's of the brand in one night, and he got a huge reaction... In fact, I believe I heard a few cheers more then once there as well (That crowd was just darn hot, but after the initial cheers for Cena, I could still here the boo's - Afterward). When he won, I heard Cheers in the background just as loud as the Boo's were for Cena. I've noticed on another occasion the fans Cheering hugely for him as well, during some sort of rumble match, when he appeared, and threw out a bad guy or two. That crowd was wild for Orton and Edge, although I think that match could have been better, the crowd made it pretty good reguardless.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;229667]My response to that would be 'don't give him a paycheck' since he's given them more then enough reason to can him. After all he's consistently had the worst matches on any PPV he's been on and the fans don't really seem to give a damn about him. In my opinion, having him squash Cena only hurts Cena. What pisses me off is that they could've just as easily brought out somebody like CM Punk and gotten a much bigger reaction and the promise of an actual good match down the road.[/QUOTE] Oh no doubt! But you know Vinnie Mac loves him a hoss. Firing him offhand isn't a possibility, I don't think. So the only remaining alternative is to find something low impact for him to do. Hell, I was pissed they even put him on the Wrestlemania card (your biggest show of the year and you let that sack of poop waste airtime?). But again, I think it's a case of Vince trying to find "the next Andre" and seeing a Prince sitting on a lilypad, so to speak. On a side note, why the hell do they keep calling Flair "The Dirtiest Player in the Game"....when he plays by the rules? Sure, every now and then he'll pop off with a borderline illegal move but he seems to pass on every chance to really be dirty (which would probably add to his legend, for the youngins who aren't hip to what he used to be like).

Maybe so, but I still think Cena has far more long term potential then Khali ever will and by hurting him, they're hurting themselves. I mean why make your champion look bad? If he was a heel sure I could see it but he's not is he? To some extent I felt this way about JBL's title reign too. I mean sure, they were trying to do a Honkeytonk Man style title run with him but the difference was HTM actualy won the IC title without help. It was a fluke pin sure and I belive he held onto the ropes as well, but he still actually won the belts. JBL's title reign would've been much easier to handle if it came about as the result of something he did rather then Kurt Angle just giving him a title in a match he lost.

While I don't agree with letting Khali on TV in the first place, if he is going to be on, this makes sense. He needs to be against someone people care about, and this could actually turn Cena properly face as the fans hate Khali more than they do Cena.

[QUOTE]On May 28, 2001, Brian Ong died after receiving a flapjack by Singh in a training session. Ong had suffered a concussion earlier in the session, but was asked by the trainers to take another bump. As Singh inadvertently caused his death, Ong's family brought a lawsuit against All Pro Wrestling. On July 15, 2005, All Pro Wrestling was found liable for recklessness, awarding the Ong family damages of over $1.3 million.[/QUOTE] The above is about Khali. Maybe that's why Vince won't let him use anything more dangerous than an Irish Whip!

[QUOTE]Dalip Singh's goal in life is to support his family and aid the entire village that is his home. He is an active mentor to young people in Punjab, encouraging them to stay away from drugs and urging them to find discipline, health and success by taking up sports.[/QUOTE] This is also about Khali. Reminds me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. Did anybody else know that he moonlights with the Punjab PD?

[QUOTE=keefmoon;229737]While I don't agree with letting Khali on TV in the first place, if he is going to be on, this makes sense. He needs to be against someone people care about, and this could actually turn Cena properly face as the fans hate Khali more than they do Cena.[/QUOTE] Good point there!

I like Khali in principle. It's obvious that with Khali, they're trying to get a two-in-one and create the next Andre and the next Iron Sheik at the same time. The biggest problem I see is that all of the charisma and awesomeness he had going for him in [i]The Longest Yard[/i] doesn't seem to be there when he gets in a wrestling ring, and I'm not too sure why. He's definitely got a noble reason to be wrestling (and yeah, it's like a page from the playbook of Dhalsim), and you can't fault him that. I'd argue that you can't fault him Brian Ong's death, either: Any trainer should know better than to put an injured guy in the ring with a trainee, especially when the injured guy is another trainee. I'd say the blame for that rests squarely on APW myself.

Too bad about the ending. Las tnight's Raw was like wathcing The Departed. Really great. And then the last five minutes left me scratching my head. The Orton/Edge and Umage/RVD matches were pretty good. Vince was LOL all night, the promos by the Originals were heartfelt, and while I still think ECW has been a disaster as a whole, this particular storyline has legs. Even the little things were entertaining. Like Cade and Murdoch's 'overly polite' bit and the new IC champ being a ridiculous Italian stereotype. But they wasted a rather cool "who's doiong the attacks" storyline on Khali. I understand all the justification and maybe this could work in getting him over, but Khali is a sack of crap. Even during his brawl with Cena all I could focus on was hoy poorly he was selling those punches. Terrible. Recently, several threads have touched on why the E is lacking star power. I think part of the reason is that they've made bad choices about who to actually give pushes to, so they haven't created any 'new stars.' Chris Masters, for example. IMO this is another bad choice.

Archived