RVD released from his contract early?

davidEFC

[quote=PWTorch] Wade Keller is reporting that RVD is officially done with WWE as of yesterday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible. His contract wasn't going to expire until until late June at the earliest but WWE cut that short considering RVD said he would not resign and they had nothing for him until then. He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break, although he may end up back with WWE as the two are still on good terms. Never say never.[/quote] I really couldn't care less that he's gone. I just hope he doesn't show up in ROH ;)

[quote=panix04;236253]I love RVD, gutted they have ditched him! All that remains now is for CM Punk to leave ECW and i shall probably never bother watching it again.[/quote] I used to like RVD in the original ECW, his matches with Jerry Lynn were always great. I just don't like him now, maybe it's the way he's booked or he's just becoming to repetitive in the ring like a certain champion but that's another story.....

good for RVD. In the WWE he was becoming boring as his matches were legdrop off the apron...point to self...rolling thunder...five star frog splash...match over. If I had to pick one over the other I hope RVD would go to TNA and not ROH.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;236277]ROH might be better for him in my opinion as he's likely to get more chances to show off his stuff there then he will in TNA. In TNA he'll just be badly booked by a different Vince.[/QUOTE] I'd have to agree here. Ordinarily, I'd say he'd be GREAT in TNA's X-Division (where a certain Mr. Lynn also resides). But TNA of late has been awful outside of their PPVs (which have been largely entertaining, with some exceptions (BLINDFOLD MATCH?!?)). RVD would be a great addition to an ROH looking to expand their range of influence. He'd also probably add a few buys to their newer PPVs. Although it's probably a foregone conclusion that he'll wind up in TNA. They can probably offer him more money and a lighter schedule (the combination of which appears to be "the" thing for many established workers). Mo' money for less work? Who wouldn't take that deal?

I think RVD will end up in the WWE once again. I dont care what the IWC thinks about RVD being miserable, he was making a great paycheck for doing less in the ring compared to ROH. Working for either company would mean a pay cut and while one offers him more work, the other doesnt gaurantee anything in terms of a push. I just think its a shame that the WWE is destroying any remains of the ECW brand that they can find. They fired two main eventers in one week and I have suddenly lost all reason to watch anymore.

[QUOTE=david2006efc;236250]I really couldn't care less that he's gone. I just hope he doesn't show up in ROH ;)[/QUOTE] spoken like a true ROHbot..... [QUOTE=david2006efc;236255]I used to like RVD in the original ECW, his matches with Jerry Lynn were always great. I just don't like him now, maybe it's the way he's booked or he's just becoming to repetitive in the ring like a certain champion but that's another story.....[/QUOTE] i don't know if you've ever seen anybody who entered wwe after working elsewhere, but the E seems to make ALL of their guys tone it down once they get there. i think it's because they can't be upstaging the main eventers....and because with the E's schedule, you can't have guys going all out and doing high risk moves ever night.....they gotta keep em from breaking so they can make money off of them..... ps....the ROHbot comment was a joke, not a flame....

I'm surprised they let him go. After a long layoff whilst still a big name, RVD could have a decent impact (no pun intended) at TNA. After jobbing out to Snitsky and co for a while he may not be as much of a coup as he would/will be now, in my opinion. I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad the E have let him go now, just in case it means TNA catch up with the E eventually.

I don't see why this would be a sad thing, considering this is pretty much what RVD wanted. The major point Rob wanted in his contract was some time off and WWE wouldn't give him that, so they're gonna go their separate ways. Like it said in the report, he gets the summer to do as he pleases then after that the whole world is open to him. Go back to WWE, head to TNA, do a shoot for ROH, head to Japan/Mexico/Europe/wherever, he has a lot of thins he could do. Honestly, at this point, RVD would be best heading back to WWE once his summer break is done. I don't think his style would work in ROH and he wouldn't be much use in TNA. In WWE, he'd at least get paid. I believe he had (has?) a $250,000 downside guarantee, so he probably made/makes good money.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;236322]ROH keeps you on the road more than five days a week? I had no idea.[/QUOTE] poser, I think Afroman was talking about the in-ring style. WWE's is a lot more watered down than ROH's, by necessity. Then again, you're right. Having to do so much traveling and almost nonstop performing probably produces more wear on workers' bodies than 3-5 ROH style matches a month would. After all, even after those matches, at least the body has time to recuperate somewhat before having to do it again. This isn't a bad thing for Rob, by any stretch of the imagination. He gets a summer vacation (great for tending to those nagging injuries, not to mention the nagging wife :p) and then he gets to write his own ticket, just about. After his vacation, he may decide that working a less intensive schedule is worth taking a pay cut for and sign with someone other than WWE. Seriously, folks act like making money is worth selling out your kids and wife for. Many of the wrestling bio books I've read have had many performers state as their only regret, not being able to see their kids grow up (or something similar). Let's be real here for a second and admit that at times, there are things more important than money to many people.

[QUOTE=Remianen;236332]This isn't a bad thing for Rob, by any stretch of the imagination. He gets a summer vacation (great for tending to those nagging injuries, not to mention the nagging wife :p) and then he gets to write his own ticket, just about. After his vacation, he may decide that working a less intensive schedule is worth taking a pay cut for and sign with someone other than WWE. Seriously, folks act like making money is worth selling out your kids and wife for. Many of the wrestling bio books I've read have had many performers state as their only regret, not being able to see their kids grow up (or something similar). Let's be real here for a second and admit that at times, there are things more important than money to many people.[/QUOTE] /nod. I have passed up alot of things to stay here with my family.... I have something coming up, and I might pass it up as well, since it might mean almost a month gone. I just hate being away for more then a few days at a time. Imagine how these married with children guys feel in WWE. I have grown to like RVD more since all this stuff started about his contract (I think that it started almost at the beginning of the year). Just seems like he is putting more into it, and I don't mean his match's... I mean watching him talk and his emotions on his face and all, really are starting to win me over. My regret of him leaving is that no matter where he goes (If anywhere), I won't be able to watch him like I have been able to with the WWE. Really, that's the only reason I want anyone to stay at WWE. I however, applaud someone that stands up for themselves, and really does what they feel is right. SO FAR I have heard him say nothing negative about the WWE. I like professionalism.. Don't start complaining and stating things that aren't true, or even state things that are, just because all the sudden it suits you. Stand up for yourself, but don't belittle other's to try and make yourself look bigger, I guess is what I'm saying.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;236312]I hope he owns his ring name.[/QUOTE] I was thinking the same exact thing! LOL. I'm thinking like Afroman though... [QUOTE]I think RVD will end up in the WWE once again.[/QUOTE] Can't help thinking that for some reason. It's almost as if RVD wanted something, the WWE was not willing to give it to him, then... Instead of waiting on his "bluff", perhaps because of talk just like what everyone has heard, they let him go early. Almost as if in spite.... But then the other part of me thinks, they didn't want to job him out anymore then they did, and wanted him and them to be on good terms for future endeaver's..... Either way I think, it leads back to Afroman's thought. Can't help thinking after a good time period (vacation almost), that he will be back "again".

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;236426] Can't help thinking that for some reason. It's almost as if RVD wanted something, the WWE was not willing to give it to him, then... Instead of waiting on his "bluff", perhaps because of talk just like what everyone has heard, they let him go early. Almost as if in spite.... But then the other part of me thinks, they didn't want to job him out anymore then they did, and wanted him and them to be on good terms for future endeaver's..... Either way I think, it leads back to Afroman's thought. Can't help thinking after a good time period (vacation almost), that he will be back "again".[/QUOTE] Perhaps the way Eddy [may he rest in peace] did after his brief departure from the WWE? Or James Gibson's for that matter. That is to say he goes to ROH for a short time, puts on some good shows and displays how good he can be in the ring thus inspiring the WWE to rehire him.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;236588]Ooooorrrr..... maybe he was just burnt out.[/QUOTE] i don't know the wwe business methods, but i would think.... wouldn't they (E and RVD) at least attempt to work out a vacation without pay? that way both parties could be covered as far as employment and contracts after the hiatus? i dunno..... i just hope he can put on some matches of the caliber he used to.....(that includes his early E days....not just ECW)

I for one hope RVD's on his way to TNA because.... 1. In WWE/ECW, RVD was kind of stagnating, or at least it seemed that way to me. Maybe in TNA, he could get reinvigerated, and get off to a fresh start. Besides, RVD and Sabu as a tag team would be pretty cool for TNA, IMHO. 2. If RVD leaves The E, this his (pretty big) spot in the company will be open, and maybe some new blood would be able to step into that spot. That could lead to some fresh developments for The E right there. Both of those are just theories though, just seems to me that RVD going to TNA could be a good thing for both companies, and for RVD himself. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Archived