Name your indy games.

Jonfun

[QUOTE=panix04;244807]Made by a small Texas based company there is an awesome game out called wrespi2, you can find out more about the game here: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=2146[/url] :D[/QUOTE] err Texas? I thought GDS was based in Arizona? Well, as far as the indy games I have, lessee: TEW2005, TEW2007, WreSpi, WreSpi2, Total Pro Basketball, Bowl Bound College Football (GDS) Front Office Football: The College Years, Front Office Football 2007 (Solecismic) Out of the Park Baseball The Political Machine Power Politics Baseball Mogul Coffee Tycoon Hollywood Mogul And in the online gamespace: 9Dragons Sword of the New World: Granada Espada

Crusader Kings (+++) Europa Universalis III (+++++) HM3 (++) Baseball Mongul 2008 (++) OOTO Baseball 2007 (++++) Capitalism II (+++++) DDSPB (++) Booking Encore (+) Cashflow 202 (+++) Football Manager 2007 (+++++) TEW2007 (+++++) Are all games i have on my desktop at the moment and have given me quite a few hours of gameplay. I rated the games from ++ till +++++ Capitalism II is a fantastic Business simulation, which although has been out for some time is the best out there. I dod not know why they did not update that one. FM2007 needs no introduction. I have been playing it since 1993. When it was still CM and getting bad reviews! Europa Universalis III is a great historic game, just came out. I like most of the Paradox strategy games, they are very deep. OOTP2007 is a great baseball frachise, now with FM2007 (i forgot who owns them both) TEW2007 is however the greatest game possibly ever. I have played more hours on EWR, TEW04, TEW05 and TEW07 than any other franchise appart from maybe the CM and latter the FM series.

I was playing Political Machine when it first came out, y'darn kids... and it's good fun, but after a while it gets repetative (You know your key states and issues, etc). Granted, you can change it up, but something about having the election hang on the hugely dividing 'UFO Defense' issue in the nation's most populated state, Wyoming, just sucks all the feel out of things. Still a good game, tho. I'm going to nominate Darkwind ([url]www.dark-wind.com)[/url]. Anyone ever play Car Wars, Full Auto, any kind of car-racing-and-shooting game? It's like that... online, multiplayer, and turn-based. Yeah, turn-based... basicly, the game pauses every second to let you change targets, issue orders, turn, brake, shove a dead driver out of the way so you can take the wheel, swear because you're in midair and can't control your spin, etc. I'm finding it's lots of fun and have pulled off some great turns I couldn't in real-time racing...and had some amazing wrecks, too...

Yeah I was going to say democracy as well. I had some fun with that. Also I've heard good things about Kudos: Rock Star (or something like that) I have only played the demo and it seemed ok. The demo itself is only 3 turns though so that's disappointing.

[QUOTE=still71;245070]Worms World Party[/QUOTE] Get Worms: Armageddon or Worms 2, because World Party is the worst out of all of them! (The 2D ones I mean, the 3D don't count as Worms games to me...) I have EWR, Chart Wars 3, Game Biz 2, TEW 2005, and maybe some more I forgot about.

Well... Kudos is a life sim that's a little addicting at first, but it gets old quick. Kudos Rock Legend seems a lot more fun. In it you take the role of a lead singe and have to audition other band members, write songs, etc. Democracy is cool because you take the role of the president (there are many differant nations to choose from.) You basicly just deal with all kinds of issues. Everything from rising taxes to what type of guns (if any) you want your police force to carry. It's very detailed really. [url] http://www.positech.co.uk [/url] hope this helps

[QUOTE=Jonfun;245164]The Political Machine How good is this game? What is mulitplayer like? Can you play it on 1 pc? Also just found President Forever [url]http://www.theoryspark.com/pforever/info/index.htm[/url][/QUOTE] Not bad but a new version is coming out. Can play it on 1 pc. Never tried multiplayer. Thanks for the new game, downloading now!

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;245037]You just made me buy this. :mad: Curse you, Remianen! Could you try posting something that won't make me compulsively spend money? First SHIMMER and now this...[/QUOTE] pffft, you LOVE it though, tell the truth! (You can't handle...errr, nm) :p [QUOTE=Capelli King;245123] Capitalism II (+++++) Capitalism II is a fantastic Business simulation, which although has been out for some time is the best out there. I dod not know why they did not update that one.[/QUOTE] Okay Capelli King, now I know you're old. :p Cap II hooked me when it first came out SO bad (like Daggerfall, come to think of it). The only problem I have is that it gets kinda tedious once you have your entire line set up from resource acquisition all the way to retail (and all the steps in between). If you're set up in multiple cities, checking demand levels for every product you make gets to be really annoying IMO. I LOVE the stock market though, that part is insanely fun. Watching your competitors panic when you start scarfing up their outstanding shares is priceless! As said, The Political Machine is....well, nice the first time around but as infinitywpi pointed out, it gets really tedious once you get the hang of it. It even starts to make you think you could be a politician ("What's my position on this issue? One moment..." *checks local polls* "I'm absolutely, 100% against UFOs!"). The game basically revolves around you running for President and doing all the "stumping" required to secure your party's nomination and win the general election. So you go from city to city doing fundraisers and speeches and such, drumming up support in the hopes of winning the White House. Kudos always struck me as kind of a stripped down version of The Sims and I hated The Sims. Dammit, I have to pay bills and take out the trash and do laundry in real life. Hell if I wanna do it in a GAME! :p

[QUOTE=Remianen;247516]pffft, you LOVE it though, tell the truth! (You can't handle...errr, nm) : Okay Capelli King, now I know you're old. :p Cap II hooked me when it first came out SO bad (like Daggerfall, come to think of it). The only problem I have is that it gets kinda tedious once you have your entire line set up from resource acquisition all the way to retail (and all the steps in between). If you're set up in multiple cities, checking demand levels for every product you make gets to be really annoying IMO. I LOVE the stock market though, that part is insanely fun. Watching your competitors panic when you start scarfing up their outstanding shares is priceless![/QUOTE] Cap II had great potential i don't know why they did not grow on that. They could had done quite a few changes and made it a really huge game.

Archived