NYCW: Old School Revisited

[B]Wiley Coyote[/B] vs The Hustlers for the NYCW Tag Team titles Not yet but the young bucks will get it soon David Mack vs [B]Puerto Rican Power[/B] No offense to your user character but PRP is the man. and in the Main Event , a rematch between Johnny Martin and [B]Grandmaster Phunk[/B] for the Empire title. I don't see Phunk losing the titles anytime soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;249403][B]Wiley Coyote[/B] vs The Hustlers for the NYCW Tag Team titles Not yet but the young bucks will get it soon David Mack vs [B]Puerto Rican Power[/B] No offense to your user character but PRP is the man. and in the Main Event , a rematch between Johnny Martin and [B]Grandmaster Phunk[/B] for the Empire title. I don't see Phunk losing the titles anytime soon.[/QUOTE] Anyone wanting to make predictions are welcome.

June brought a critical roster decision as Honest Frank's contract came up for renewal. He was asking for a 20% raise to just over a $1000 an appearance. Thus far he had shown that he needed to be protected in the ring, and we hadn't done much with him. But that was mostly my fault because the truth was he still had promo skills almost equal to Phunk and myself and he was still the #2 heel in the promotion currently. I just needed to find a way to utilize the talents he did have, so I decided to re-sign him for another 9 months and see how things went. June also brought a fairly busy month on the Wrestling scene as a whole. Highlights included [B]News:[/B] TCW took the industry lead by becoming an International sized promotion. Ultra Atlantis, a large heavyweight luchador, debuted along with a protege of the Internationally known wrestler Dread. A huge behemoth of a man (think Land Mass when he was in something close to his prime) named Ox Kreviazuk. Also, the son of one of Japan's old time legends Koryusai Kitoaji , Chojiro, started his professional career. Part time women's wrestler and well known indy manager, Jakki White Trash retired from in ring action. Danny Cavanaugh and Gregg Boone had developed a strong friendship in the NOTPBW locker room while in SWF , Calamari Kid blasted Big Smack Scott in an online interview , apparently taking exception to Scott's stiff style in a series of matches between them. [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] CZCW signed Duncan Kendall for road agent duties to replace Curt O' Malley, who was snapped up in TCW's roster expansion. TCW went on a raiding spree due to their international expansion and signed Mitch Naess, Acid and Jack Giedroyc from DaVE, Joe Sexy and Enygma from SWF, Freddie Datsun from USPW and the aformentioned Curt O Malley and refere Jez MacArthur. DaVE replaced some of their losses by signing Mario Heroic and replacing Naess with Rock Downpour in the announce booth. NOTPBW plucked Lee Rivera and Eddie Chandler from CGC , who responded by adding Derek Frost and Thomas Morgan. PGHW kicked off a big tour adding Pistol Pete Hall and Bruce the Giant while William Hayes and Black Eagle ( or Plague, as he is known in CZCW) joined WLW for their summer tour. [B]Title changes:[/B] in CWWF Principessa took the CWWF Global title from Emma Bitch Stephanie Hazel began her 2nd reign as NOTPBW Women's champion when she beat the women who took it from her the first time, Melody Cuthill. The Biggz Boys ended a 10 month title run when they dropped the tag titles to Squeeky McClean and Rich Money at the SWF Times of Trouble( how aptly named) PPV. Mick Muscles dropped the USPW National Title to Warlord Pain, thus giving Pain another title to add to his tag belt.

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW GANG WARS[/SIZE][/B] Live from the SOLD OUT Weston Gymnasium in Jersey Att:300 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] hype up this signature event for NYCW with the rundown of the big rematch of DaVE icon [B][COLOR="Blue"]Johnny Martin[/COLOR][/B] and NYCW Empire Champion [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B], along with the debut of USPW and well known national wrestling star [B][COLOR="red"]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B], as he tries to end the winning streak of rising star [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B]. Once again, they are not able to finish without [B][COLOR="Red"]Brains McGhee[/COLOR][/B] interrupting. The wanna be 'dictator' of NYCW says that last months loss by [B][COLOR="red"]Sammy the Shark[/COLOR][/B] to [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] was a minor setback, but things will get back on track tonight when [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]the Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] beat [B][COLOR="Blue"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B] for the Tag Team titles. Sammy and Doll, offstage ask " What are we going to do tonight, Brains?" McGhee replies " Same thing we do every night boys, [I]TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!"[/I] . [B]E+[/B] This is rapidly becoming a signature bit for almost every show. Marv finally looks a little more relaxed with his intros and Karen continues to shine on a monthly basis. [B][COLOR="blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] is shown backstage, getting ready for the show, when I shyly come up and offer her some flowers. She looks delighted and gives me a little kiss on the cheek. [B]D+[/B] No, I am not using my position to get some action, just trying to help Fern expand her abilities by having her try different things than just "walking around the ring in a tight outfit". Not that there is anything wrong with that. [B][COLOR="Red"]The Masked Mauler[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Cal Sanders[/COLOR][/B] in 2:31 by submission with an [I]Iron Claw.[/I] [B]E+[/B] Pretty much a squash to keep Mauler looking like a credible midcard threat. Sanders is a sponge when it comes to absorbing new things into his repertoire and manages to learn something , even from Mauler. [B][COLOR="blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] in 2:38 by pinfall. [B]D-[/B] Again, another quick squash, but with a little extra as both men really show a feel for anticipating each other. Casey is already good at putting over other wrestlers, but he gives a little extra tonight and cements his place as Machine's designated jobber. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] in 3:14 when [B][COLOR="Blue"]Wiley Steinway[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]The New York Doll[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall with a [I]Steinway Highway[/I]. Wiley Coyote make defence number 4 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [B]E+[/B] Fairly quick match, with the finish being when Brains grabs the feet of the wrong man and trips up New York Doll, allowing Wiley to deliver the Steinway Highway for the pin and the win. [B][COLOR="red"]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B] comes out, and gets some good response as there are a lot of Puerto Ricans in NY. He says how he is old school, where you pay your dues and earn your way into the spotlight, unlike the young punks today. He goes on how people like me expect everything on a silver platter but that he will teach me what my place is in the pecking order when he pulverizes me tonite. [B]C-[/B] A good promo and a good reaction for someone with no history or exposure here. I come to the ring and my promo is all about how I worked hard day in and day out to get where I am, that I do what I do , not for the spotlight or the fame, but for the fans, the people that supported me to get to where I am. And I won't let anyone stand in my way, especially PRP. [B]B-[/B] Again a real nice cheer from the sold out audience as, luckily for me, they have embraced my character and me as a wrestler. I try not to get a swelled head about it as I have seen fans quickly change to an opposite reaction in the past. [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B] in 13:30 by pinfall with a [I]Mack Attack.[/I] [B]C-[/B] PRP is probably the best person I have faced as far as in ring talent so far. Even though we have never faced each other and really didn't mesh well, we were able to salvage a good match out of what could have been a disaster. Most of the match consisted of my selling his power moves and his succession of headlocks and abdominal stretches with some flurries of offense for me interspersed between. The finish happen after he drapes me on the top rope to deliver a superplex and I am able to push him off, then deliver the Mack Attack and get the pin. As I am standing in the ring , exhausted and bruised while the ref raises my hand, [COLOR="red"][B]Phunk[/B][/COLOR] comes out of the back and blindsides me with the belt. Then both [COLOR="red"][B]Phunk[/B][/COLOR] and [B][COLOR="red"]PRP[/COLOR][/B] take turns delivering powerslams till [B][COLOR="Blue"]Johnny Martin[/COLOR][/B] rushes down to the ring and makes the save. [B]C-[/B] Once again, keeping the story between me and Phunk going while also setting the stage for next months Main Event. As they are carrying me to the back, [B][COLOR="Red"]Phunk[/COLOR][/B] grabs a mike outside the ring as Martin stands inside. He says that Martin has interfered in his business for the last time, that last month was just a warm up for the beating that the Pimp Daddy will deliver tonight. Then he jumps in the ring and the Main Event begins. [B]C+[/B] Phunk delivers yet another solid promo. I don't think he even knows how to deliver a less than great promo. [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Johnny Martin[/COLOR][/B] in 18:06 when Johnny Martin was pinned and could not beat a ten count. Grandmaster Phunk makes defence number 6 of his NYCW Empire title. [B]D+[/B] This match was under Texas Death Match rules, with the loser being the one unable to answer a ten count. Good match with back and forth brawling both inside and outside the ring. NO DQ rules allowed a few extra liberties to take place from both men, like low blows and using some items at ringside like mikes and wires for some extra punishment. Phunk finally grabs a chair and clobbers Martin after about 18 mins, gets the pin and Martin can't get to his feet before the ref counts 10. Probably a notch below their last matchup, but still delivers an entertaining finish to the evening for the audience. [B]Overall show D+[/B] Probably not as good top to bottom as last month, as Wiley Coyote are no Steve Flash, even though both combined cost less. But still I was pleased with the results and the minor improvements that several members of the roster were showing.

July was pretty quiet backstage, with no contracts due and the only thing of note was Wiley Steinway wearing a huge pad around his swollen elbow for a couple of weeks. Elsewhere around the wrestling scene for July. [B]News:[/B] Ash Campbell made his pro debut and tries to follow in his father Nemesis's famous footsteps while in Mexico another second generation luchador El Hijo Del Zonk enters the pro ranks. Atlas and Valiant were forming a backstage alliance in RIPW while in CWWF Golden Delicious praised Julie Forletta's managerial skills on an interview. SWF tried to come out of their tailspin by signing a new PPV deal with USA Free Choice. And in Canada, all North America learns what Jack DeColt sees in Hotstuff Marie after she poses for a nude layout in the July edition of XTC. She really is hotstuff. ( not that I would ever look at that kind of trash. No, really, cross my heart, HEY! how did that mag get in my office ?!) [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] AAA had its first real news as Grace Harper left to concentrate on her NOTPBW women's wrestling career. She also departed her CWWF contract at the same time. CGC plugged some gaps in its roster from NOTPBW raiding by adding USPW's Mick Muscles. CWWF replaced the parting Grace Harper with Jaime Quine, getting her first run in an established promotion. Acid had his last booking in DaVE and left for his TCW career. MAW added some talent in manager Kristen Pierce and Rodger Dodger. ( How the hell does he keep getting these offers?! I know he is insanely gifted with charisma and skill on the mike but there is no way he is worth anywhere close to his asking price! ) TCW adds Eddie Peak's manager Carl Batch on a PPA basis while jettisoning some deadwood in the Nation of Filth's Stink. USPW tries to replace some of its losses by adding Joss Thompson, who had a very successful career in Great Britain. [B]Title Changes:[/B] in 4C Sayeed Ali ended Brett Frasers run by winning the 4C Hardcore championship. Travis Century lost one of his belts when Scout took the DaVE Brass Knuckles title in a decent match at the 2nd day of DaVE's The Extreme Doubleheader event while the Main Event saw Eric Tyler capture his 6th DaVE Unified title by ending Eddie Peak's reign in the match of the night. Not a title change , but it should be as Peter Valentine is now in the 2nd month of his USPW title reign delivering the same match week after week against one of the Demons or one of the Warlords. I mean the exact same match, over and over again, ([I]Brotha!)[/I]

Everyone was pretty happy with the results from the night before. The only note of concern was that Wiley Steinway had landed badly after his finisher and suffered a badly swollen elbow after the show. But it wasn't considered serious and the doctor said he would be available for next months show if necessary. We had bumped up the ticket prices a little after the last show and were still selling out the gym. We had still lost slightly under $3000 but all signs indicated that we could make a move to a larger venue in the next couple of months. We had Johnny Martin for one more show and made a decision to do something a little different for next months main event. Karen decided to call the next show NYCW Hot August Nights and we advertised the following matches. [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Blue"]Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] for the Tri-State Championship and in the Main Event [COLOR="blue"][B]David Mack & Johnny Martin[/B][/COLOR] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk & Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Honest Frank[/B] vs Elijah Harris You sounded like you want to try making Frank credible [B]Steve Flash[/B] vs Rick Sanders for the Tri-State Championship Flash may be leaving soon but he doesn't drop the title he goes out a champion, leaving the title in the ring after his last match. and in the Main Event David Mack & Johnny Martin vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk & Puerto Rican Power[/B] Dastardly deeds beat out goodie two shoes any day

Honest Frank vs [B]Elijah Harris[/B] [B]Steve Flash[/B] vs Rick Sanders for the Tri-State Championship and in the Main Event [B]David Mack & Johnny Martin[/B] vs Grandmaster Phunk & Puerto Rican Power--A good momentum builder for your character and redemption for Martin

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW HOT AUGUST NIGHTS[/SIZE][/B] Live from the SOLD OUT Weston Gymnasium in Jersey Att:300 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] As usual [B][COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] open tonights show and hype the big tag team Main Event. For once they are able to get thru the opening of the show with out an interruption by Brains. [B]E[/B] Fairly generic opening that lost a little without Brains' interaction. Cameras go backstage where [B][COLOR="red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] are trying to sell some Dolex watches (think looks like Rolex, if they made a cheap, non working, glass instead of diamonds version) to the event staff as [B][COLOR="red"]Brains[/COLOR][/B] paces back and forth berating them for their failure last month. He says that even though it is the Doll's fault for getting his foot in the way of Brains' hand that this is only a minor setback and they will complete their task next month. [B][COLOR="red"]Sammy and Doll[/COLOR][/B] ask what they are going to do next month and Brains replies " Same thing we do every month, [I]TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD[/I]!!" [B]E+[/B] The interaction with Brains is doing wonders for Sammy's progress. Unfortunately Doll doesn't seem to be progressing as rapidly. Another little backstage skit airs as I nervously ask [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] out on a date. She teases me a little by seeming to think about it for a while before she finally says yes. [B]D+[/B] Again, not trying to get some action, just setting a relationship angle between me and Fern that can be used in future storylines while trying to help her improve. [B][COLOR="blue"]Whistler[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR][/B] in 2:38 by pinfall with a [I]Rebel Yell[/I]. [B]E+[/B] Quick squash as Whistler hadn't been used for a while. Not being in the main event seems to have negatively impacted Whistler as he gives a half-assed performance. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] comes out with a mike in hand and states that he has been overlooked long enough here in NYCW. He states that he was as big a star in the East Coast Wars as [B][COLOR="Blue"]Johnny Martin[/COLOR][/B] was and that he has been too long from the center stage. That changes tonight after he beats [B][COLOR="blue"]Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B] and he gives his catchphrase "I never lie." [B]D[/B] Decent promo considering Frank had to wing it since he doesn't have a storyline to work with currently. [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B] in 7:58 by pinfall with a handful of tights. [B]E[/B] Not all plans come together. Even though both of these men are veterans, they just couldn't get on the same page and turned in a really sloppy match. I know now who not to pair together in the future. [B][COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] in 13:27 by pinfall with a [I]Flash Bang[/I]. Steve Flash makes defence number 4 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [B]D+[/B] Compared to the last match, this was a clinic by professionals. Too bad the crowd was somewhat dead from the previous match as these two deserve better. Lots of good mat wrestling with various locks, reverses and counters as Sanders tries to weaken Flash for his Figure Four while Flash looks to get the Flash Bang. He finally gets it when he reverses a suplex attempt by Sanders. [B][COLOR="red"]Phunk and PRP[/COLOR][/B] come out and give a standard promo about how they are combining forces to remove a couple of thorns in their side, namely [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack and Johnny Martin[/COLOR][/B]. Tonight will see the first ever joining of the Power and the Phunk. [B]C[/B] Fairly standard promo as PRP lets Phunk carry most of it. [B][COLOR="blue"]Johnny Martin and I[/COLOR][/B] come out and respond how we will watch each other's backs and that together we will overcome the evil duo. [B]C[/B] Again, pretty standard good guy vs bad guy promo. [B][COLOR="blue"]David Mack and Johnny Martin [/COLOR][/B]defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk and Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B] in 17:44 when David Mack defeated Puerto Rican Power by pinfall with a [I]Mack Attack.[/I] [B]D[/B] Another lesson learned in that tag matches don't go over as well in the Main Event slot as title matches do. The match itself was decent but played a fairly routine story with me being the face in peril most of it while Phunk and PRP take turns landing slams and suplexes and keeping me from tagging in Martin. Martin gets the hot tag at around the 13 min mark, dominates both men for a short while until they double team him. After a couple minutes of this , Martin is able to tag me in and it breaksdown into all of us in the ring. Martin knocks Phunk out of the ring only to be clotheslined outside by PRP, but this allows me to set up the Mack Attack on PRP for the win. [B]Overall Show D[/B] While not a bad show in the scheme of things, too many little things added up to this probably being the worst event of my tenure so far. And since half the roster was due for contract renegotiations, this would probably be very interesting next month.

August was the quiet before the storm as all the contract negotiations were due in September. Around North America the wrestling news was [B]News:[/B] CZCW became a regional promotion while NOTPBW reaped the benefits of their American expansion by becoming classified as an international promotion. A giant speciman of a man aptly named Gargantuan made his pro debut. Lacks any in ring talent, but his huge size and body builder look will have places like USPW and SWF drooling. Another 2nd generation luchador Dragon del Arco Iris Jr made his debut. One half of the legendary Demons of Rage, Demon Spite called it quits on his in ring career and accepted a backstage job with USPW. Cherry Bomb put over Joanne Rodriguez as a great friend and competitor during a radio interview. [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] NOTPBW goes on a raiding spree after their expansion signing Squeeky McClean, Davis Wayne Newton, The Insane Heat, Ryan Holland, Bobby Thomas and Jean Pierre Baptiste looks like the are taking from CGC and SWF now. CZCW adds 4C's Joey Poison and Jacob Jett, my current wrestling opponent Puerto Rican Power and newcomer Gargantuan. The first two I understand, but how do large musclemen fit into a fast paced high flying promotion? GCG adds North American talent Madman Boone and Champagne Lover to their fall tour while BHOTWG counters with Insane Machine, Rhino Umaga, Dark Angel and Nathan Coleman. TCW added Jungle Jack to their lower card and Jim (Buy his merchandise!) Foooooorce crawled back to the safety of USPW after his recent purge from SWF. [B]Title Changes:[/B] The Tag Team Specialists (Robert Oxford & Joel Bryant) ended the incredible 16 month reign of The Machines by winning the TCW Tag Team titles. Peter Valentine is still USPW world champion. Shows the perks of being the owner's best friend

The review meeting was a mixed bag the next morning. With the talent trades, we had lost almost $5000 in August, and the show wasn't as good as we had hoped. But on the plus side, we were finally ready to make the move to a bigger venue and we would be holding our next show at The Ministry in Queens, with over 3 times the capacity of the Weston Gym. If we could start selling out that place, we could start breaking even soon and then expanding the shows. There would be some changes in store after this next show as Whistler had already stated he was going to leave at the end of September and both members of Wiley Coyote, along with half of the roster, were up for re-negotiations of their contracts. On top of that, Stomper informed me that one of the people up for re-negotiation had violated his restrictions on heavy drinking, thus we were going to have to make some changes in one of the storylines we had been running. Karen decided to name our September show NYCW Ground Zero as a kind of tribute to 9/11 and we decided to feature [B][COLOR="Blue"]Whistler[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="red"]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B] and in the Main Event [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] for the NYCW Empire title.

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW GROUND ZERO[/SIZE][/B] Live from the Ministry in Queens Att: 731 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] open the show as usual , running down tonights event from our new venue of the Ministry , when they are interrupted, only this time it's [B][COLOR="red"]Jakki White Trash[/COLOR][/B] who crashes the party. She comes out waving a piece of paper and announces that she is replacing Karen Killer on commentary , effective immediately. She then tells Karen to get her flabby ass out of her chair and get her a mineral water. Karen looks indignant as she storms off. [B]D-[/B] Although Karen was doing a good job in commentary, other changes I had to make necessitated getting another manager, and when Jakki was willing to come to us for a reasonable fee, I felt her greater overall experience would benefit us in the booth, as well as help Karen continue to improve with their interaction. The cameras show us [B][COLOR="red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] outside in the parking lot, where they are trying to sell junk out of the trunk of a car to customers entering the building. [B][COLOR="red"]Brains McGhee[/COLOR][/B] marches up to them and starts haranguing them as usual about how they are failures and misfits, and it is only through his guidance that they will become a dominant force in the NYCW. Both Sammy and Doll look tired of listening to Brains and then they pick him up, throw him in the trunk of the car, slam the lid and then walk into the building. [B]F+[/B] Not a great angle, as it is 180 degrees from their usual comedy routine, but as this was going to be Brains' last show with us, I needed to set up his exit. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Lee Wright and The Masked Mauler[/COLOR][/B] in 7:46 when Coyote Dynamite defeated The Masked Mauler by pinfall with a [I]Spinebuster[/I]. Wiley Coyote make defence number 5 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [B]E+[/B] A fairly standard match with the champions having a little stiffer competition than usual in Wright and the Mauler. Both members had agreed to re-sign, and, with the limited show format I had to run to conserve costs, I haven't had the opportunity to build any real challengers for the tag titles yet. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] The [B][COLOR="red"]Hustlers [/COLOR][/B]are walking around backstage when [B][COLOR="red"]Jakki White Trash[/COLOR][/B] comes up to them. She asks if they took care of the midget, they nod yes, and fall in behind her. It looks like The Hustlers have a new manager. [B]E[/B] Just establishing Jakki as the new manager of the Hustlers to replace the departing Brains. [B][COLOR="red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Whistler[/COLOR][/B] in 7:48 by submission with a [I]Figure Four Leglock[/I]. [B]D[/B] Whistler does a decent job of putting Sanders over on his way out of NYCW. The match was some early power moves by Whistler, then Sanders working over a leg until he finally gets the figure four and the tap from Whistler. As [B][COLOR="blue"]Whistler[/COLOR][/B] starts to walk to the back, [B][COLOR="blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] walks out and timidly informs him that NYCW management team has decided that he is no longer needed in NYCW, and they have let him go. [B]E[/B] Mostly done to get Fern a little rub from the departing Whistler, as well as establishing that he is gone. Plus he kind of ticked me off with his half assed effort the month before. [B][COLOR="blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR][/B] in 12:35 by pinfall with a [I]Mack Attack.[/I] [B]C-[/B] PRP's last appearance for us here as I rally from an early beatdown and a back and forth match to get a dropkick in that allows me to climb the ropes and land the Mack Attack for the finish. PRP and I still weren't in sync in the ring as well as I would like, but his experience helped make it a decent match. As I celebrate my victory, [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes out and challenges me to a match for his title at next months event [B]C+[/B] I naturally accept and we have a mini-stare down for a little bit until I leave the ring. [B]C[/B] Finally setting up a payoff for my storyline with Phunk. [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Machine [/COLOR][/B]in 12:31 by pinfall. Grandmaster Phunk makes defence number 7 of his NYCW Empire title. [B]D+[/B] And Phunk gets another solid victory. Machine has some impressive power spots and some near falls on the champ, but Phunk uses his experience advantage to get the victory when he reverses a flying bodypress from Machine and rolls through for the pin. [B]Overall Show D[/B] I thought the matches were solid as usual, but some weak angles kind of brought things down a little. Still , some necessary role changes took place and we were setting up to what should be the biggest Main Event in NYCW so far for next month.

September was a month of changes as almost literally the entire mid and lower card was due for renegotiations. No one had really worked themselves out of a job yet and no one had any outrageous contract demands, so we re-signed everyone except Whistler, who had already said he was leaving, and Brains McGhee, as his heavy drinking was at odds with Stomper's current tolerance policies. We had brought in Jakki White Trash to take over his manager slot, and upgrade the commentary position as a bonus. My feelers came back for someone to replace Whistler's roster spot and although DaVE beat me to my #1 choice, the person I did get was more than acceptable to us. They would be debuting at the next event. Around the rest of the wrestling world , here were the big events [B]News:[/B] Blaming him for the events resulting in their purge, SWF removed Sam Keith from head booker and replaced him with Farrah Hesketh, who promised to make her mark on the promotion and bring it back to prominence. Peter Valentine's nephew Casey Valentine made his pro debut. HAving been trained by Rip Chord, he probably already has better wrestling skills than his uncle. the youngest son of the GCG owner Hanshiro Furusawa, Mabuchi Furusawa entered the competetive japanese scene. September saw the ending of some legendary careers as Larry Vessey, Jason Rogers, Kimitado Ohishi, Lioness Musashibo and Alpha Female all announced their retirements. Carl Batch started making friends quickly in TCW as he put over Rick Law during a radio talk show. DaVE signed a PPV deal with American Option. They had a real shot to become the # 2 promotion in the US with SWF's recent troubles. This was a vital move condiering their Danger Zone TV show had just ended. [B]Signings and leavings:[/B] 4C replaced the departing Roger Rogers with Sue Danes. AAA announced the departure of Golden Delicious. To fill the gaps coused by NOTPBW's raids CGC signed Jason Rogers, re-signed Nate Johnson, and added SWF's Zimmy BUmfhole to replace Craig Prince, Davis Wayne Newton and Insane Heat (aka Destiny). CWWF added Roz Larren and Andy Gordy to fill their vacancies. I.e Ref Ryan Holland and Jana Marie Bowen. CZCW continued their recent weird trend of signing large, untalented workers when they added Hell's Bouncer to the roster. DaVE added former SWF rookie Akima Brave (getting there just ahead of me, Damn them!) and ref Jay Fair to the roster. TCW stole Ana Garcia from SWF. USPW replaced a large no talented muscle bound wrestler in the departing T-Rex, with a large, muscle bound marginally talented wreslter in our own American Machine. While it means he may outgrow us soon, it should help give him some more exposure and cement his spot as the #2or #3 babyface in the promotion. [B]Title Changes:[/B] Sibling rivalry went to another level as Ricky DeColt got his first CGC World championship by ending his brother Alex DeColt's 14 month reign. More major changes north of the border as Johnny Bloodstone got his first NOTPBW Canadian championship by ending Sean McFLy's 17 month run with the title. With Squeeky McClean's departure, the SWF tag team titles were vacated and then won by the tandem of Enforcer Roberts and Kurt Laramee calling themselves Hit and Run. Chance Fortune dropped the TCW All -Action title to Freddy Huggins, beginning Huggins 3rd reign with the belt. And yet another major world title changed hands as Joe Sexy finally made the promised land when he upset Tommy Cornell for the TCW World Heavyweight title. Surprisingly, with all the world titles in North America changing hands, Peter Valentine is STILL USPW World Champion. Go figure.

Again, the news was a mixed bag this month. We had successfully moved to a bigger venue, had filled it 75% full and performed in front of an audience over twice as big as we could get at the Weston Gym. We had pulled in our biggest gate yet and we had successfully re-negotiated with almost everyone on the roster to extend for another 9 months. The in ring performances were good and we had set up for the payoff of our main storyline while transitioning some of the supporting ones. The downside was we had still lost over $3000 due to the biggest use of the roster so far in addition to some higher salaries for the midcard wrestlers. The overall show still came off as good, not great, and arguably the biggest babyface we had, Whistler, had decided to walk out. While not the greatest in ring talent, he had name value and was insturmental in securing some decent wrestlers in return for him in a talent trade. His leaving was a void that needed to be filled to maintain our level of growth. Also, due to Brains continuing heavy drinking before and after the shows, Stomper advised me that he was violating his hiring restrictions so we wouldn't be renewing his contract. Fortunately, SWF's recent purge had made some name talent available recently, so I had put out some feelers for someone that could fit what we needed as far as name value and in ring ability. Stomper, Karen, Marv and I decided what path we wanted to take with this payoff match between Phunk and I and where we wanted to go afterwards. Karen, as usual came up with the event name, a rather uninspired one this time, but I didn't have anything better. SO our next event NYCW Subway Scare would have [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Machine[/B][/COLOR] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] for the Tri-State Championship and in the Main Event [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk [/COLOR][/B]for the NYCW Empire Championship.

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW SUBWAY SCARE[/SIZE][/B] Live from the Ministry in Queens Att: 814 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] We begin the show with the new commentary team of [B][COLOR="Blue"]Marv Earnest[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Jakki White Trash[/COLOR][/B]. They hype the big Main Event and then Jakki calls out [B][COLOR="Blue"]Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B]. She tells Elijah to find a partner because her boys need a workout tonight. [B]D-[/B] The inclusion of Jakki seems to be giving a little energy boost into what had become a fairly predictable opening. Hopefully this would rub off on Marv as he hadn't shown the overall improvement I was hoping for so far. [B][COLOR="Red"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] barges out and confronts [B][COLOR="red"]Jakki White Trash.[/COLOR][/B] Karen says she doesn't know who Jakki slept with in management to get her announce position, but Jakki hasn't heard the last of this. Karen goes on to say that Jakki messed with the wrong queen b****. [B]E+[/B] Nice little angle to set up a feud between Karen and Jakki that I can expand in the future. [B][COLOR="red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Elijah Harris and Cal Sanders[/COLOR][/B] in 2:53 when [B][COLOR="Red"]The New York Doll[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B]D-[/B] Even though it was a short match, Harris and Sanders showed a chemistry usually only found in long time partners. It was an even match on both sides, with Jakki distracting Harris enough for Doll to get the rollup from behind and the win. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] in 7:35 by submission. [B]D-[/B] Once again, Casey does a good job as Machine's designated bump machine. They have a good flow that helps highlight American Machine's strengths, which, along with the exposure he will get from his new USPW bookings, should help establish him as a legitimate upper card babyface. Match itself was Machine using power moves and overcoming Casey's cheating to get the submission with a backbreaker. [B][COLOR="red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] comes out and lets everyone know that he has been overlooked for far too long. Tonight, he will become the Tri-State champion and then NYCW will have to start taking him seriously. He says he will beat [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] tonight and that "he never lies". [B]D[/B] Again, a solid promo from a veteran. While he will probably never make the Main Events, he can provide a solid mid card opponent for us. [B][COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] in 7:44 by pinfall with a [I]Flash Bang[/I]. Steve Flash makes defence number 5 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [B]D[/B] Flash does his usual good job of making his opponent look credible as he sells Frank's brawling style. Frank uses some underhanded tactics to remain in control most of the match and uses a bunch of stomps and punches, but eventually Flash nails the Flash Bang and gets the win. A video package airs with highlights of my last match with [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and some of our encounters since. [B]C[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes out and says that my victory last time was a fluke, but that lightning wouldn't strike twice. He was going to teach me to respect a champion like him the hard and painful way. He re-interated the 3 rules of the Pimp life, don't mess with his ho's , dont mess with his money, and especially (as he holds the belt up) DON'T MESS WITH HIS BLING! [B]C+[/B] Again, a really good promo that gets a strong crowd reaction. Phunk is a natural at generating heat for himself. I come out and respond that finally, my wait is over. That, tonight, I would finally get the chance that I had earned and get to live the dream of every young wrestler and fan everywhere. Tonight, I would overcome the toughest obstacle in my way and defeat [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and become the new Empire champion. [B]B-[/B] Benefiting from the crowd buildup done by Phunk's promo, I get a great reaction as the plucky underdog. So far the buildup to this match has gone as well as I hoped. [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] in 17:54 by pinfall following interference from [B][COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota.[/COLOR][/B] Grandmaster Phunk makes defence number 8 of his NYCW Empire title. [B]C-[/B] The match went as well as I expected and was probably the best match we have had for a main event in months. Phunk dominated the beginning of the match with some slams and punches, I rallied back to get a few near falls, Phunk regains the upper hand after a low blow. He then tries to put me away but I manage to kick out of a series of pin attempts. Phunks frustration allows me to get back on the offense as I reverse an irish whip and get a clothesline. I land a couple of suplexes and climb the top rope to hit the Mack Attack when a cloud of dark smoke appears from the entrance ramp, and a masked ninja runs out and pushes me off the top rope. Phunk had been occupying the attention of the referee so he didn't see the interference and then Phunk capitalized to get the pinfall and the win. Fumihiro Ota has arrived in NYCW. [B]Overall Show D+[/B] Definitely a step up from the last couple of month's shows. I was pleased with the payoff of my storyline with Phunk and introduction of Ota into NYCW.

No contracts to deal with this month as they were all signed last month. My search for a new lead announcer turned up a surprising applicant. They would be debuting for the King of New York tournament. Only other issues backstage were New York Doll showing up late to the show, and having to be warned that his place on the roster wasn't all that secure at the moment, and Grandmaster Phunk planning for his life after NYCW by accepting a ppa contract with USPW. After a busy time last month in wrestling, this month's happenings were [B]News:[/B] WEXXV finally shut their doors as their debt was too high a mountain to climb. Leo Davis left his role as head booker of CWWF, only to be replaced by DaVE's Shawn Gonzalez SAISHO's booker Hirokazu Yamanoue also left, and his replacement was referee Akikazu Miyagi. A huge, close to 500lb, mammoth of a wrestler, King Kong Kennedy made his debut today. The former bouncer says he was inspired to become a wrestler by watching NYCW shows. Must of been when Land Mass was still considered a star. And in the continuing tradition of 2nd generation luchadors debuting, now comes El Hijo Espada Roja to the mix. One of the most famous wrestlers in the world, Dread, announced he is hanging up his boots this month. In a somewhat less important note, female wrestler Mitsuko Ieyasu also retired. Seems Tom Gilmore may have something to be angry about as Steve Frehley is publicly commenting on his friendship with Gilmore's wife Jessie. Both insist they are just "[I]friends".[/I] [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] In 4C , it was a revolving door of refs as Andy Gordy left and Coach Norman was signed to take his place. AAA finally had some change as they lost a big star in Joanne Rodriguez and a job girl in Wendy Anderson. They moved to solidfy their backstage presence by signing Preston Holt to handle Road Agent duties and Kristen Pierce to be a manager. CGC looked to fill some more holes in the roster as the signed rookie Gargantuan and announcer Ted Ross. This didn't really offset the losses of Derek Frost and Thomas Morgan, to NOTPBW written contracts, and Farrah Hesketh, to her new head booking job with SWF. CWWF added Raven Nightfall to the roster. Carl Batch continues his makeover of CZCW as he feels the Fooorceeeeee and signs Jim Force to a deal (Buy his merchandise! ) :D Kurt Laramee manages to bury the hatchet with Phil Vibert as he returns to fill the roster spot of a departing JD Morgan in DaVE. (Who wants to bet he will be jobbing big time?!) MAW cut loose both Antonio and Max Mayhem and picked up Stevie Grayson to fill the void. NOTPBW decided to let Dean McWade join his brother in DaVE, obviously feeling that all their recent additions would make up for his loss. TCW robbed the SWF roster, snagging Randy Bumfhole. To make room on the roster, they jettisoned Grunt. USPW said goodbye to Nicky Champion and Captain USA and hello to Bulldozer Brandon Smith (a participant in the inaugural King of New York tournament.) GCG added William Hayes to the roster. INSPIRE added Larry Wood in response. PGHW has picked USPW's Java for their latest tour. [B]Title Changes:[/B] Shane Nelson picked up his first CGC Canadian title by beating John Maverick. Maverick still has one half of the tag titles he originally took from Nelson. Stevie Grayson makes the most of his debut by ending Steven Parker's 15 month reign as MAW Champion. The Natural finally lost a belt when he dropped the NOTPBW Unlimited Action title to Edd Stone, beginning his 4th time with the belt. SWF continued with their sound booking decisions, giving the SWF tag team titles to the Bumfholes for the second time, 1 week before Randy bolted to the competition and vacated them again. TCW saw contuing changes in titles as Texas Pete defeated Rick Law for the International title. Joe Sexy and Texas Pete as the TCW singles champions. And everyone says that SWF is losing this war. :rolleyes: And yes, Peter Valentine is still the USPW World Champion. :(

We were all feeling a lot happier at this booking meeting, with the exception of Marv Earnest. The show had been the best one in months, we had our largest crowd yet, and we had a decent payoff to our major storyline of the year, while introducing another well known name to the roster and we had only lost $300 for the month. The only fly in the ointment had been that Marv's announcing hadn't been growing along with the company. He was fine for the average match, but seemed to lack the ability to crank it up a notch on the really important matches and help get them over. I let him know we would honor the contract extension we had just agreed to , but I was going to have to make a change in lead announcer for the betterment of the company. He would still be a part of the booking commitee and he would still be used periodically in angles. The commitee and I tossed around some ideas for the next show and decided we would take a page from Rip Chord's MAW. We would hold an annual invitational tournament called King of New York and the winner, whoever it was and from whatever federation they were from, would get a shot at the Empire title at the December event. We had agreements with USPW, DaVE and MAW currently, so we would invite one wrestler from each federation to join in with 5 men from our roster for the inaugural tournament. After making a few calls, we had lined up our guest talent. Marv and Stomper set up the brackets and Karen set up the promotional flyers advertising the first ever NYCW King of New York event with the first round matches being David Mack (NYCW) vs Bulldozer Brandon Smith (USPW) Mainstream Hernandez (MAW) vs Fumihiro Ota (NYCW) Steve Flash (NYCW) vs Akima Brave (DaVE) American Machine (NYCW) vs Rick Sanders (NYCW)

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW KING OF NEW YORK[/SIZE][/B] Live from the Ministry in Queens Att: 840 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] The show starts off with a backstage confrontation between [B][COLOR="Blue"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Jakki White Trash[/COLOR][/B]. Jakki tells Karen that old washed up has beens like Karen need to step aside for younger, prettier, and more talented people like Jakki. Karen says that she is aware of Jakki's plans and that she can try to sleep her way to the top, but that Karen will do everything she can to stop her. [B]E+[/B] Setting up a face turn for Karen that seemed to go pretty well. These two play off each other nicely and should hopefully fuel some opening storylines that can elevate them and some wrestlers. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Cal Sanders and Elijah Harris[/COLOR][/B] are talking backstage when [B][COLOR="blue"]Karen Killer [/COLOR][/B]walks up to them. Karen tells them that they show some great potential as a team and with her guidance, she can help them beat [B][COLOR="Red"]the Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] and become serious contenders for the NYCW Tag Team titles. [B]E-[/B] Killing two birds with one stone in giving Karen a team to manage and seeing if Cal and Elijah can build on their chemistry as a tag team. The angle itself wasn't much, but then the people in it weren't well known yet. [B][COLOR="red"]Sammy and Doll[/COLOR][/B] are out back scalping some tickets to the show when [B][COLOR="red"]Jakki[/COLOR][/B] comes out. She says it's time that they stopped wasting time with the small stuff and started planning for the big score. With her guidance they will become champions and they they will really be rolling in the money. [B]E+[/B] Sammy still continues to show constant improvement. Doll isn't keeping pace at this point, and if he shows up late again, I may have to make a change here. [B][COLOR="red"]The Stomper [/COLOR][/B]defeated [COLOR="red"][B]Lee Wright [/B][/COLOR]in 2:36 by pinfall with a [I]Bronx Elbow Drop[/I]. [B]D-[/B] Wright had told me before the event that he was going to retire after this show. Combined with Stomper saying he wanted one more run in the ring before he retired and voila, Wright helps put Stomper over in a quick retirement match. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] We begin the main show and the crowd is surprised when the new announcer appears. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Rock Downpour[/COLOR][/B] has returned to NYCW! He and [B][COLOR="Red"]Jakki White Trash[/COLOR][/B] put over the Inaugural King of New York Invitational tournament and that the winner of the tournament would get a title shot at the Empire title at next month's event. Then they run down the guest wrestlers from the other federations and the first round matchups. [B]E+[/B] The crowd gave a nice welcome back to Rock and he seemed to interact well with Jakki. [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/COLOR][/B]in 7:51 by submission with a [I]Dragon Sleeper[/I]. [B]C-[/B] Decent opening match with Smith showing a lot of promise. We do a short match of him using his power and some stiff strikes to get an advantage, and me rallying to get the upper hand and finally put it away with my reverse sleeper. [B][COLOR="red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR][/B] in 7:46 by pinfall with a [I]Ninja Strike[/I]. [B]D[/B] I actually expected better out of this match. The crowd wasn't really into Hernandez's flashy high flying moves. Ota has the ground game to win the fans over and was able to match Hernandez in the air. Ota puts it away with a enziguri kick he calls the Ninja Strike. [B][COLOR="Red"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] in 8:10 by pinfall with a [I]Suicide Headbutt[/I]. [B]C-[/B] Akima and Flash put on a nice counter wrestling clinic in this short match. Brave shows some of the in ring skills that made me try to sign him in the first place as he combines great athleticism with a good all around wrestling game and good charisma. He gets the pin after landing a headbutt from the top rope. [B][COLOR="blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] in 7:55 by pinfall. [B]D[/B] Machine and Sanders put on a decent last match for the first round. While nothing special it showcased both wrestlers strengths with Machine's power moves and Sanders attacking a leg to set up his figure four. Machine reverses the figure four attempt into a small package for the pin. As we get ready for the semi-finals of the tournament, [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] comes out to entertain the audience briefly. [B]D[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] in 12:34 by pinfall with a [I]Mack Attack.[/I] [B]C+[/B] Did you ever have one of those matches where everything just clicked? Where you and your opponent almost seem to be reading each other's mind? I did tonight as Ota and I had a chemistry in the ring that is rare to find. We were able to mix both aerial and ground moves and counter moves for over 10 minutes in what has to be my best match so far and possibly the best match NYCW has had in my tenure here. The crowd was going wild as we set up the end with my climbing to the top rope, Ota jumping up to try and superplex me, my managing to push him off and land the Mack Attack as he started to get up and get the pin. [B][COLOR="red"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] in 13:10 by pinfall with a [I]Suicide Headbutt.[/I] [B]C-[/B] While not quite up to the previous match in terms of quality, it still was a good one. Machine did seem a little intimidated by his partner's skill and wasn't as sharp as I have seen him before, but he made a good effort in selling Akima's brawling offense and making him look even tougher. They brawled back and forth with a lot of power moves and slams ending in Brave landing a wicked powerslam off a Irish whip and then leaping to the top rope and launching into his flying headbutt finisher for the pin. A quick video highlight hyping the final between [B][COLOR="Red"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] [B]D+[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes out for a promo saying that he wasn't in the tournament because everyone knew he would win and he was already The Pimp Daddy of New York. He went on to say he didn't care who won as he had already whipped my ass and that no island savage was a match for him either. He finished by saying that it didn't matter who the winner was, because they would be a loser since they had to face him next month. [B]C+[/B] A good Phunk promo to put over the tournament and the title shot that the winner gets. [B][COLOR="red"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] in 14:49 when Akima Brave retrieved the item. During the match we also had [B][COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] run in and attack Dragonmack. Akima Brave wins the King of New York title. [B]C+[/B] In somewhat of a gamble , I had made the final match a ladder match where the winner had to grab the King of New York trophy that was hanging over the ring. This was a little more modern than the standard NYCW audience is used too, but I wanted the finals to be different from our other matches. Despite both Brave and I having already wrestled twice tonight, we were still able to put on an excellent match that had a lot of brawling, some technical wreslting and counters, especially in the beginning, and some top rope moves as both of us went for our top rope finishers and missed. We did a few spots with the ladder, but I kept more within being used as a weapon than as a base for high flying spots. The finish came at about 15 min into the match when the ref had been knocked down in a tug of war with the ladder between Akima and I. Akima knocked me out of the ring, set up hte ladder and started to slowly climb. I made my way back into the ring, started climbing up the opposite side of the ladder. Both of us reached the top at around the same time, trading shots with each other, when Ota funs into the ring and pulls me off the ladder. As I turn around to punch him, he sprays a mist into my face and temporarily blinds me. He then exits the ring as Brave finally grabs the trophy and the referee recovers enough to see that Brave has won the match. Despite having been technically classed as the villian tonight, Brave's matches have won over the audience and he gets a good cheer from the crowd as he celebrates in the ring, holding the trophy over his head as he stands on the ropes in each corner and waves to the audience. [B]C-[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes down to the ring and gets into a staredown with [B][COLOR="Blue"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] in the middle of the ring. Before it can come to blows , the rest of the tournament participants get between them and seperate them. Phunk finally exits the ring and Brave stands in the middle making belt motions around his waist. [B]C-[/B] Overall Show [B]C- [/B] I think it was our best show of the year as the tournament went over even better than I expected. Having Akima win would help keep the main event fresh while I had a ready made feud with Ota that could only be enhanced by our comfort level in the ring. It also made a nice swerve for anyone thinking I was just trying to put myself over.

Backstage business for November was pretty light. Lee Wright retired and took over Road Agent duties while Stomper had a last run in the ring. Rock Downpour was re-hired and had made his return and the only re-negotiations due were the referee Michael Bull and the Masked Mauler. I decided to re-sign both as they were both decent at their jobs. Around the rest of North America the wrestling news was [B]News:[/B] TCW felt the backlash of a poor economy and a lackluster Joe Sexy championship run when they fell back to a Cult level promotion. This led to a large roster purge as TCW management looked to get costs under control. In Japan, WLW was exactly the opposite story as they had risen to a Cult level promotion in a competetive Japanese market. Michael "Harlem" Haynes , a protege of R.K. Hayes , debuted this month. He looks like a good fit for a DaVE or similiar style promotion. Also a HUGE (close to 500lb) Samoan Sumo named Kanishoki debuted. Japanese legend Saoinji Onura retired this month. Considering he was 60 yrs old, I'd say its about time. Also Alysian Scottsfield hung up his boots this month. Somewhat closer to home , Land Mass decided to call it quits. No one noticed. In BSC Annie Hitch**** sucked up to the boss when she put over Honey Golightly during a radio show. [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] Released in TCW's roster purge were Wolf Hawkins, Charlie Thatcher, Iceman Clark Alexander,American Elemental, Raul Darkness, Randall Hopkirk, Ray Johnson, Cat Jemson and Mitch Naess. They had added Bruce the Giant to the roster before their troubles had began. 4C reaped the windfall of TCW's purge when they replaced the departing Trent Shaeffer with Wolf Hawkins. CGC added Big Smack Scott and Joss Thompson to fill the remaining roster holes from the recent months' defections to NOTPBW. The first ever CWWF Global champion, Emma Bitch left CWWF to a written deal with NOTPBW. Deciding he had outgrown them, Shane Sneer has left MAW. NOTPBW added some more rising talent in Trent Shaffer. USPW added Grandmaster Phunk. That would help elevate us while he was still with us, but probably put the last nail in the coffin of any hope of re-signing him. [B]Title Changes:[/B] Darryl Devine got his first taste of SWF gold when he dethroned Calamari Kid for the SWF Shooting Star title. Deciding to give some new blood a try, Remo Richardson captured his first SWF World title by ending Runaway Trains year long reign. It was a clean sweep for the SWF belts as the departing Randy Bumfhole left the tag titles vacant. They were subsequently won by Rich Money & Angry Gilmore when they beat the Warriors of the Deep. The SWF New Blood initiative seemed to be paying dividends as their November PPV was the highest rated in months. In TCW , The Machines regained the TCW Tag Team titles from Robert Oxford & Joel Bryant. And yes, USPW still has Peter Valentine as their USPW World Champion. :(

The mood was definitely ecstatic at the booking review the following morning. We had a successful tournament in front of our biggest audience yet, we had some of the best in ring action of my tenure so far and despite the longer show and the bigger payroll, losses were only at slightly over $3k. We were still increasing the fanbase even in a time of one of the worst economical periods and a general low in interest in wrestling nationwide. SWF had already felt the impact of declining attendances and TCW experienced the same thing with their declining attendances and subsequent roster purge. SWF still hadn't gotten a TV deal since May and there were rumours that GNN wasn't happy with the ratings for TCW's only show. DaVE had already ended their show in September and hadn't gotten a new deal yet. We were a long way from getting either a TV or a PPV deal, but the state of the other promotions just emphasized how well we were doing in actually maintaining some growth during this period. Now that the tournament was out of the way, we discussed where we were going to go with our storylines. Karen already had an ongoing storyline with Jakki and we had just added two opening tag teams in the Hustlers and the team of Elijah Harris and Cal Sanders. Karen said she would have a name for the team that would fit her goth persona ready for the next event. At the top of the card, we had set the seeds for a feud between me and Ota and we had the setup of Akima Brave getting a title shot. I had negotiated an extended appearance deal so we had something we could use over the next couple of months. And with Lee Wright retired , he could handle road agent duties while we ran a storyline for Stomper. Karen came up with the name NYCW Harlem Holidays for our closing show of the year and the advertising flyers listed [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] for the NYCW Tri-State Championship [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] and in the Main Event King of New York [B][COLOR="Blue"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] vs [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] for the NYCW Empire Championship.

[B][SIZE="5"]NYCW HARLEM HOLIDAYS[/SIZE][/B] Live from the Ministry in Queens Att: 731 [B]PRE SHOW, DVD EXTRAS[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]The Hustlers , Sammy the Shark & The New York Doll[/COLOR][/B] are backstage trying to pawn off some "genuine" NY Giants team merchandise when [B][COLOR="Blue"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] walk up and says that tonight, they will face her new team [B][COLOR="blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR][/B]. [B]E+[/B] Sammy still continues to improve month by month in front of the camera. It may take a while to payoff, but it is looking more and more like he could really develop down the road. Too bad I can't say the same for Doll so far. [B][COLOR="Red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] drew with [B][COLOR="Blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR][/B] in 4:37 following a double disqualification. [B]D-[/B] Elijah and Cal come out with black mascara around the eyes and Cal has his hair grown out a little and slicked flat across his face. He is still wearing the lumberjack attire though. Elijah at least adds a dark cape to his ring costume. The match breaks down pretty quickly as both teams fight in the ring and Jakki and Karen go after each other. Finally all 6 are fighting in the ring and the ref DQ's both teams as he has lost control. [B][COLOR="Red"]FrankenStomper[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kashmir Singh and Wiley Steinway[/COLOR][/B] in 4:47 when [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank [/COLOR][/B]defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B]E+[/B] Honest Frank and The Stomper have teamed up now and come up with the unique team name of FrankenStomper. I am assuming it's a play on Frankenstein as well as their names to infer that they are monsters. At least they function together well enough and it keeps Stomper happy. They get a quick and convincing win as Singh sells for them like a champ. [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]American Machine[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] in 5:40 by pinfall. [B]D[/B] Once again Machine is put over by his designated jobber as Casey seems to sell Machine's offense a little better than anyone else's. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] does her trademark short crowd entertainment segment.( Consisting of her walking around the crowd in something tight and skimpy while all the men whistle and catcall.) [B]D-[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] in 12:38 by submission with a [I]Figure Four Leglock.[/I] Rick Sanders wins the NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [B]D+[/B] Sanders year long quest is finally successful as he finally pins Flash in his third shot at the belt. Both Sanders and Flash put on an old style mat wrestling with holds and counter holds. Sanders does stretch his repetoire a little by doing a kneep drop off the top rope onto Flash's leg to set his finisher, The Figure Four. Flash valiantly tries to reverse it or grab the ropes to break the hold, but Sanders has it locked in the middle and Flash finally has to tap. Sanders heads to the back with his new title and Flash is in the ring, slowly standing up as he sells the effects of the figure four. As he limps toward the ropes, [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank and Stomper[/COLOR][/B] hit the ring and attack Flash. They bodyslam Flash a coupe of times and both stomp on him until the refs and security can finally usher them out of the ring. [B]E[/B] Obviously not a popular segment with the crowd, but it did serve two purposes. The first was to give some heat to the FrankenStomper team , and the 2nd would become clear soon. Ota comes out to the entrance ramp and he is accompanied by a small japanese man in a business suit. Ota hands him a paper and the man says " I am the interpreter for the [B][COLOR="red"]Honorable Ninja Warrior Ota.[/COLOR][/B] He has instructed me to inform both [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] and NYCW that the ways of the orient are superior to the weak and inferior western culture. This includes wrestling, in which the japanese are the acknowledged best in the world. Tonight Honorable Ninja Ota will show NYCW and David Mack these truths." Ota then makes a cross chop motion and spits out a green mist. [B]D[/B] Ota actually speaks perfect English. The silent gimmick just fits old school style better. With Ota in the ring, I come out, mike in hand and say that Ota has cost me the Empire title and the King of New York tournament and that now he is going to pay. I tell him that he has picked the wrong guy to try to establish himself in NYCW with , and with the support of the fans, I would prove that american wrestling and american wrestlers are every bit as good or better than japanese and then I would make him regret interfering with me. [B]C+[/B] I am still getting a good crowd reaction as the fans always love the American hero facing the foreign invader bit. [B][COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] in 15:04 by pinfall after using a foreign object. [B]C+[/B] This was another great encounter as Ota is probably as good as I am in both high flying and technical wrestling and he uses his experience in Super Junior style wrestling to transition between both styles almost seamlessly. We go back and forth for about 15 minswith neither of us getting a lasting advantage until Ota goes for a Ninja Kick, I duck under and counter into my Dragon Sleeper hold. While the ref is on one side, he doesn't see Ota's interpreter hand him a nunchuku which he cracks along the side of my head and tosses back outside before the ref can see it. Ota then gets the pin. [B][COLOR="blue"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] comes out in a lei and with sunglasses.(Surfer gimmick) He starts going on about how winning the tournament last month was like catching the sweet wave and riding the crest all the way in to shore and now how he is going to beat [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and become the Big Kahuna in NYCW. [B]C[/B] A surprisingly good reaction from the crowd as they seem to love his laid back surfer persona. [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk [/COLOR][/B]them walks down the ramp and says the only thing that [B][COLOR="Blue"]Akima [/COLOR][/B]won last month was the opportunity to get the hell beat out of him. He then says that a low life beach bum like Akima doesn't have what it takes to be a champion. He doesn't have the Pimp Daddy's $5000 suits, he doesn't have the cadillac limo, he doesn't have the ho's and most of all, Brave doesn't have the bling! He then holds up the belt to a loud chorus of boos from the fans. [B]C+[/B] Pure promo gold from Phunk, as usual. [B][COLOR="blue"]Akima Brave[/COLOR][/B] drew with [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] in 17:44 following a double disqualification. Grandmaster Phunk makes defence number 9 of his NYCW Empire title. [B]C[/B] Actually a good main event, not quite as good as the tournament finals last month or my matches against Ota, but the best Phunk main event of the year. The crowd really being into it helped as neither man really showed a good rapport in the ring together. Akima is used to doing a lot of no-selling and Phunk is used to his opponent making him look stronger so the match didn't have quite the fluidity it should have. The match was a good brawl that eventually made its way around the ring. The finish involved both men grabbing a chair and swinging on his opponent simultaneously. This flattened Phunk and staggered Brave and caused the ref to ring the bell and disqualify both men. [B]Overall Show C-[/B] A nice followup to the tournament show that probably could have been even better if Phunk and Brave had been a little smoother together in the ring.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;255519][B]Steve Flash[/B] vs Rick Sanders for the NYCW Tri-State Championship [B]David Mack[/B] vs Fumihiro Ota and in the Main Event King of New York Akima Brave vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk[/B] for the NYCW Empire Championship.[/QUOTE] Just for the record, I already had the first year simmed before I started posting the diary, but keep the predictions coming as I enjoy particiaption and feedback in any form.

This was one of those times that this job really sucks. It was contract re-negotiation time again, and despite everything I tried, he was leaving. The reason, like it always is in these occasions, was money. He wanted what he was worth, and Stomper said we couldn't afford his price. He didn't want to leave and we didn't want him to go, but he felt that he had earned his contract amount after all his service, and I couldn't disagree with him. If it was up to me , I would have paid it and found some other way to make up the cost, but Stomper flat out refused to let me pay that much. So after several days of haggling, looking at other ways to make it work, even offering a short term contract and a title run, it all comes to nothing. One of the rocks of my roster, a man I could count on month after month, was leaving and with Stomper's other restrictions, there would be no way to bring him back for a least a year, maybe more. STEVE FLASH was leaving NYCW!! :(

Archived