NYCW: Old School Revisited

Backstage action was light as no contracts were due. TCW had accepted a working agreement, which paved the way for Acid's guest appearance, with the newly signed Phunk going the other way. American Elemental seems to be as popular outside the ring as in it as rumours are spreading that he is dating Kristen Pearce. Might help keep him around come contract renewal time. Antonio had a minor hip injury in his match but was back to 100% a week later. Around the rest of the wrestling world, the news for July 2009 was [B]News:[/B] MAW joined us in being classed as "regional" and now are about equal to us in popularity and ahead in prestige. UCR proves a promotion can do well in Europe as they have now reached "cult" size, thus paving the way for PPV Something of an oddity, a 6' 9" 300+ lb monster enters wrestling, and he is japanese. Akira "Brute" Kikuchi has entered the competetive japanese wrestling market. 4C's Duberry Excess's younger brother Lefty Wilkes entered wrestling to see if he can aspire to the same level of mediocrity as his brother. And proving that the 80's aren't gone, they are just "retro" , all looks and no skill bodybuilder Steel has oiled up his pecs and entered pro wrestling. Former 2 time GCG openweight and 6 time Tag team champion Shotaro Ikina has retired this month from active competition Power Girl may have inadvertently unleashed some kryptonite on her career as she is now on the bad side of BSC owner Honey Golightly. PRIDE Koiso, knowing where the true power lies in PGHW, has manuevered himself into Mito Miwa's good graces by constantly praising Miwa as a shining example at varous interviews. American Elemental and Kristen Pearce have begun dating runours were confirmed by AE himself on a Tri-State morning TV show interview. SOTBPW and BHOTWG have new PPV's (now that is a lot of letters! ) [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] 5SSW have added Alicia Strong, Amber Allen, Karen Bilous and Ashley Grover to their new tour Retirees Vixxen and Black Widow have left AAA at the end of their contracts. Another retiree, DaVE's Alex Braun, has left after his contract ended. Sean McFly, after being out of the spotlight for a year after he left NOTBPW, has decided to start anew by signing a contract in GCG as an opener on their roster. MAW, after rising to "regional" on the backs of cruiserweights like Mainstream Hernandez and Stevie Grayson, go on a cruiserwight signing spree and add Freddie Huggins, Kid Toma, Bart Biggz and American Elemental. A crafty move, but one that could backfire if TCW and SWF ever reclaim their former glory. They should more than offset the departing Mainstream Hernandez. Manager Jean Pierre Baptiste has left NOTBPW after reaching age 65 and now plans to enjoy a retirement of ease and guest appearances. OLLIE has begun looking over the border for talent as they sign "The Wrath of God" Jack Giedroyc and Nathaniel Ca$ino. Evidently liking what they saw with the first brother, RIPW has added Matt's brother Greg Gauge to the roster on a SWF development deal. He will replace the recently called up Nevada Nuclear. [B]Title Changes:[/B] Mainstream Hernandez's departure left the Mid Atlantic Championship vacant. Recent signee Rudy Velasquez is the new champion after he defeated Des Davids for the vacant belt. Thomas Morgan has risen meteorically recently and defeated Angry Gilmore for the NOTBPW Canadian Championship to place himself atop the wrestling world. Mick Muscles makes a successful SWF debut by defeating Kid Toma for the SWF Television title. Steve Gumble is now a 2 time TCW All Action title holder after defeating Aaron Andrews and his lengthy 11 month reign.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a definite high feeling at the booking review. We had just pulled off probably the greatest show in NYCW history as well as the best match by far of my time here. We also had something of a family reunion going as we were able to welcome Fumihiro Ota and Grandmaster Phunk back to the fold. Stomper was extremely pleased with the results, although he did take me aside and say that the Acid appearance was a one time only thing for the forseeable future as it set us back 2 months on our financial recovery goal. I told him it was worth it as we could now probably move up to a venue with twice the seating of the Ministry in the next few months and come reasonably close to packing it full. After taking some time to just enjoy the results of the show, we then set our thoughts on where to go from here. We couldn't bring Acid back anytime soon and Jay Chord was still in Japan. We decided to build on the returns of Phunk and Ota, continue with the tag team stories, especially the Hustlers-Wiley Coyote-Honest Frank dynamic, and begin resolving the contender for the Tri-State title picture. In response to some MCCC feedback we had received regarding our matchup choices, we were now including a little promotional preview in our advertising flyers. Our new look flyers advertised these matchups for NYCW Hot August Nights. [B][COLOR="Red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B] [I]After a vicious beatdown at the hands of their manager's new henchmen Wiley Coyote, can The Hustlers redeem themselves and overcome their recent losing streak?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Muscle[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B] [I]After losing the titles to Camp Chord via underhanded tactics, the most physically dominant tag team in NYCW , American Muscle look to regain their belts in a rematch in a cage.[/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]Rick Sanders & American Elemental[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Donnie J and Antonio[/COLOR][/B] [I]Sanders and Elemental team up to take on their mutual foes. Donnie J is coming off an important victory and Antonio is undefeated since his debut loss at the hands of AE. In a battle of four men that know each other well, which team will come out on top.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] [I]Both men have said that their goal in coming back to NYCW was to capture the NYCW Empire title. A victory here would be an important first step in that goal. Who will prevail in this "dream match"?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] [I]Ota is one of the few men to hold a victory over the current NYCW Empire champion. Can Ota do it again to gain the belt? With the Grandmaster in Ota's corner and David Mack coming off that serious beating last month, the champion has never been more at risk.[/I] The Hustlers vs Wiley Coyote American Muscle vs Camp Chord (c) for the NYCW Tag Team titles in a cage. Rick Sanders & American Elemental vs Donnie J and Antonio Steve Flash vs Grandmaster Phunk #1 contendership match David Mack (c) vs Ota for the NYCW Empire Championship.

The Hustlers vs [B]Wiley Coyote[/B] American Muscle vs [B]Camp Chord[/B] (c) for the NYCW Tag Team titles in a cage. Rick Sanders & American Elemental vs [B]Donnie J and Antonio[/B] Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk[/B] #1 contendership match [B]David Mack[/B] (c) vs Ota for the NYCW Empire Championship. Acid was a real treat for the last show....I think this month it will be a heel cruise except for the title match.....but another beatdown in the works for there also.....

The Hustlers vs [B]Wiley Coyote[/B] American Muscle vs [B]Camp Chord [/B](c) for the NYCW Tag Team titles in a cage. Rick Sanders & American Elemental vs [B]Donnie J and Antonio[/B] Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk [/B]#1 contendership match [B]David Mack [/B](c) vs Ota for the NYCW Empire Championship. Gotta agree with bgbuff on those.

[B]The Hustlers[/B] vs Wiley Coyote-by DQ American Muscle vs [B]Camp Chord [/B](c) for the NYCW Tag Team titles in a cage. [B]Rick Sanders & American Elemental[/B] vs Donnie J and Antonio Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk[/B] #1 contendership match [B]David Mack[/B] (c) vs Ota for the NYCW Empire Championship.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;270851]I might steal your pre-show thing. I like your format with the little background on the upcoming match. By the way, if I may ask. What percentage is your popularity at?[/QUOTE] Promotionally, we just hit regional in March 2009, so we are at around 36-38% D- Individually, my user character started with the default Jack Avatar popularity of D+ or 50% and he is now at C+ 70% in Tri-State and D+ everywhere else as we don't have TV or PPV yet.

The Hustlers vs [B]Wiley Coyote[/B] They need time before they can overcome this new threat American Muscle vs [B]Camp Chord (c)[/B] for the NYCW Tag Team titles in a cage. Don't like seeing titles bounce around back and forth to often and Camp Chord needs to continue their build until thier leader gets back. [B]Rick Sanders & American Elemental[/B] vs Donnie J and Antonio Have I mentioned I hate Donnie J. Have I also mentioned that I mark big for American Elemental. [B]Steve Flash[/B] vs Grandmaster Phunk #1 contendership match The only person I mark bigger for the AE is Steve Flash. [B]David Mack (c)[/B] vs Ota for the NYCW Empire Championship. Ota won't take this win but I think Mack's held the belt for quite some time but he'll lose it to Phunk or Flash not Ota.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;270713]That is kind of what I was trying to do. To have the Acid character from your diary do a "guest appearance" in mine. Since your charactization of Acid has made him one of those wrestlers that really stands out in people's minds, I wanted to utilize as much of that character as I could.[/QUOTE] I love that idea - I think we should borrow from each other, it heightens the impression that we're all part of one continuous universe. Hell, maybe someday David Mack can roll the dice against Eddie Peak on DANGERZONE. I'd LOVE to write that one up.

[B][SIZE="5"][CENTER]NYCW HOT AUGUST NIGHTS[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [CENTER]Live from Pennsylvania Park Aug 2009 Att: 1630[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]PRE SHOW:[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Mitch Naess[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="blue"]Wanda Fish[/COLOR][/B] open the show with a recap of the historic event last month and a quick rundown of tonights event. [B][COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/B] comes out and Wanda asks why he had his own men , the [B]Hustlers[/B], taken apart by [B][COLOR="red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B]. Frank says that the Hustlers have failed him time and time again and that they needed some tough love to provide them the proper perspective. He says that The Hustlers need to understand that there are consequences when you fail Honest Frank and if they need to learn the hard way , so be it. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Decent little opening segment that builds for the Hustler-Wiley Coyote encounter.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Antonio[/COLOR][/B] is backstage when [B][COLOR="red"]Donnie J[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="red"]Jenny[/COLOR][/B] approach him. Donnie says he knows they both want the same thing, but there is no need to work at cross purposes tonight. They both gain if they can work together to weaken [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental[/COLOR][/B] and taking out Sanders will just be a bonus. Antonio thinks about it for a moment , then nods his head in agreement and all three walk off together. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Helping both Donnie and Antonio improve their camera skills.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] come out to the ring area. Phunk has a mike and says that [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] was sent a message last month, and that he better shine that belt up real nice, because the Phunkster likes his bling to gleam! He says "[I]Even if you are lucky enough to get past Ota tonight, you will still have to deal with the Grandmaster and that I intend to take back MY Empire title[/I]!" Ota then hands Phunk a note, which Phunk reads aloud " [B][I]The Warrior of Darkness has come for you. Pain and suffering will be your only future. Your lucky number is three, as that is the only count that will end your torture[/I][/B]." Phunk then says to Ota " [I]I get the whole silent and deadly ninja bit, but it doesn't mean that you are a mute.[/I]" Ota just glares at him silently and both men leave the ring. [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good segment that helps build the main event. Ota has used the silent ninja gimmick with notes during a USPW run, and it sounded cool, so I "appropiated" it for his character here.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"]MAIN SHOW[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] in 7:47 [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] Cal Sanders defeated Bob Casey by pinfall [I]Soul Calibur continue their momentum with a solid win that consisted of just as much brawling as technical matwork. Even Sanders, known for his mat skills, threw a few forearms. Sanders takes the win with a small package on Casey.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="red"]The Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] in 7:52 [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] Coyote Dynamite defeated Sammy The Shark by pinfall with a Spinebuster. [I]Not exactly a technical masterpiece as both teams lack polish in the ring. The Hustlers fight back valiantly, but are dominated by Wiley Coyote, and Dynamite eventually puts the match away with a Spinebuster.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] comes out modelling the new Grandmaster " [B]Bringin back da Phunk[/B]" t-shirt. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Standard Fern segment as this may be her last contract with us.[/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]Kristen Pearce[/COLOR][/B] tells [B][COLOR="blue"]American Muscle[/COLOR][/B] that it is time to regain their belts. She says the cage is their enviroment and that they can abuse [B][COLOR="Red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B] without mercy in its confines. It is time to show why they are the strongest, most physically dominant force in NYCW. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Average reaction as American Muscle seems to have peaked with the fans.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"]American Muscle[/COLOR][/B] in 9:48 [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] Steven Parker defeated Nicky Champion by pinfall with a Future Shock. Camp Chord make defence number 1 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [I]Another average match, but a little better than the preceeding tag matches tonight as the cage adds an extra element. American Muscle dominate early, utilizing power moves and the cage with equal vigor. A low blow on Machine shifts momentum back into Camp Chord's favor and they soon use the cage as a weapon as well. Eventually all four men are bloody and battered. Finally , Parker ends it when he wriggles out of a slam attempt by Champion and connects with the Future Shock for the win.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Donnie J and Antonio[/COLOR] defeated[COLOR="Blue"] Rick Sanders and American Elemental[/COLOR][/B] in 12:43 [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] Antonio defeated Rick Sanders by pinfall with an Sicilian DDT. [I]Really good match with both sides getting roughly an equal amount of offense. Sanders played the face being isolated by the heels for most of the latter half of the match until he hot tags AE. AE then cleans house for a while, and tags Sanders back in. Donnie J comes in to attack Sanders and AE chases after him. Antonio is still the legal man and capitalizes with a Sicilian DDT and a three count for the win.[/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]Wanda Fish[/COLOR][/B] is shown interviewing [B][COLOR="blue"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B]. Flash says that his ultimate goal is to win the [B]NYCW Empire [/B]title , and that beating the former champion [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] will establish that he is a worthy challenger for the belt. [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Somewhat painful to watch. For all of Steve's skill in the ring, he is extremely uncomfortable in front of the camera. He fidgets and has a monotone delivery that really looked bad when compared to pros like Karen and Wanda.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes out to the ring. He says that [B][COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] always played second fiddle to the Phunkster. Flash was always a level below him and that hasn't changed. Tonight, he will beat Flash, like he always has, and then go on to get the opportunity to face the Empire champion, whoever it is, and reclaim his rightful property, the championship bling! [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]And now a pro shows how a promo should go as he gets a loud chorus of boos from the fans[/I]. [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] in 12:44 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] Pinfall after a Pimp Drop. [I]Not nearly as good as I expected. I can't explain why either as there was no obvious problems. They didn't have any communication issues, both seemed to be focused in the match, it just didnt come off as anything more than average. And these two together should be able to do better than average. Phunk controls most of the match, Flash gets the occasional rallies, Phunk uses some cheap tactic to regain control. The finish came when Flash attempted the Flash Bang, but Phunk had grabbed the ropes and threw him off. That dazed Flash long enough for Phunk to deliver a Pimp Drop and take the pin.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] joiins [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] in the ring and hands him a note . Phunk reads aloud " [B][I]The Warrior of Darkness will claim the championship of the Empire as the body of David Mack is sacrificed on the altar of suffering[/I][/B]." Phunk then says "[I]This note thing is starting to get annoying[/I]." Ota hands him another note and motions for Phunk to read it. " [B][I]A fool shouts to the heavens and no one hears, a wise man merely glances and all around understand[/I][/B]." Phunk then say" Yeah[I], whatever rocks your world , playa. Just handle biz tonight[/I]." [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Nice promo to build for the main event and the crowd seems to like the byplay between Phunk and Ota.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] comes out for the main event. I say that you shouldn't wound what you don't kill and that the payback I inflict tonight will be a real b***h. I tell them that every time they try to knowck me down, I will only come back stronger and stronger as I will always fight to protect NYCW from domination by people like [B][COLOR="Red"]Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B]. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good crowd pop.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR][/B] in 18:18 [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] Submission with a Dragon Sleeper. David Mack makes defence number 2 of his [B]NYCW Empire[/B] title [I]An excellent match as Ota and I had lost none of our chemistry in the ring. The match was fast paced and even throughout. Both of us had several near falls and the finish came after Ota attempted a Ninja Kick. I ducked under it , caught Ota with a forearm shot to the face, and then applied the Dragon Sleeper. Ota almost reached the ropes a couple of times, but I was able to drag him back to the center of the ring and the ref finally called for the bell after Ota tapped.[/I] In a repeat of last month, [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] is in the ring after his win when [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] charges in and blindsides me from behind with a stiff clothesline. He then picks Mack up and slams me. Ota has recovered by this time and delivers a Ninja Strike as Phunk holds me up. Afterwards, Phunk grabs the Empire title, blasts me across the skull with it, and then stands over my prone body looking at the belt . He then drops it on me and says that he will be coming for his property soon. [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]And once again I get the victory and pay for it as the storyline continues.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"]Overall Show C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Good followup show that avoided a major letdown after last months incredible event. Still don't know why FLash-Phunk came off so ordinary, but at least the main event delivered. And it was a successful move to a larger venue as we still filled over 80% of capacity for our largest crowd yet.[/I]

August only had one piece of contract business, but it was a major one as negotiations with Jay Chord opened. Apparently, Japan didn't go as well as he hoped as he was mainly used as an enhancement jobber by WLW. Somewhat humbled by the experience, he decided to repair his reputation by agreeing to a 18 month contract (with a healthy raise) and only required a mid card title run this time. As his talent and potential were undeniable, I agreed to the terms and secured him with us until 2011. With Phunk and Ota also in the main event picture and the talent we had in the midcard, things have never looked better for us. Around the rest of the wrestling world, the news for August 2009 was [B]News:[/B] MPWF made the leap to "cult" level, putting them on the same footing as SOTBPW in the volatile Mexican wrestling scene. Making her way up to the big leagues from the indy scene, valet Clare South is looking to catch on with a name promotion. MMA fighter Roy Edison is looking to make the transition to pro wrestling in either North America, Japan or Europe. Puerto rican brawler Island Boy Apollo makes his pro debut this month. Two long time respected ring veterans, Alex Braun and Ed Monton, each announced it was time to end their in ring career this month. Monton has taken duties backstage in CGC as a road agent. In CWWF Agent 69 and Susan Wade have formed a solid friendship backstage. Rock Downpour, probably in an attempt to keep his job secure, put over fan favorite Shawn Gonzalez during a local radio talk show. UCR, taking advantage of their new prestige and status, secure a PPV deal with Euro Your Demand. [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] TCW suffered a double blow with the loss of major starts BLZ Bubb and Enygma. While neither is a ring god, their undeniable star power is a huge loss for the struggling TCW. BHOTWG added Acid, Insane Machine, UK Dragon and Champagne Lover to their new tour. CGC has added a great white shark to their midst with the signing of Eddie Peak. GCG has a mexican flavor for their new tour by adding El Leon, Phoenix III and Soul Taker MAW added the talented Frankie Perez to their roster. [B]Title Changes:[/B] CGC is feeling the FOOORCCEEE!! as Jim Force defeats Frederique Antonio Garcia for the CGC Canadian title. (Buy his merchandise, eh!) The longest current title reign has finally ended when Natural Storm's 3 year domination of the MAW tag team titles ended at the hands of Team Pro, Mean Machine and Rodger Dodger. (That worthless bastard Dodger is getting titles now?! I swear ,if it is the last thing I ever do, I am going to find out what kind of blackmail Dodger is using to get these contracts and titles! :mad: )

We avoided a major letdown after our previous run of shows and the main event showed that Ota and I hadn't lost any of our chemistry in the ring. Flash-Phunk was something of a disappointment but we drew an 80% full crowd for our first time in Pennsylvania Park and still turned in a $4k profit, putting us about $36k away from Stompers goal of $100K in the bank with 15 months left to go. Chord's re-signing strengthened an already strong main event picture and opened up several possibilities for storylines over the next year. NYCW Ground Zero would be a pivotal event in keeping our momentum going and building up to our annual King of New York tournament in Nov. To that end, the promotional preview and event flyer advertised [B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/U][/B]. [I]Both teams have been on a hot streak recently, mostly at the cost of the hapless Hustlers. A win here would solidify the victorious team a chance at the NYCW Tag Team titles[/I]. [B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Nicky Champion[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR]. and [COLOR="Blue"]American Machine[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Steven Parker[/COLOR][/U][/B] [I]Camp CHord has been getting the best of American Muscle in tag team action recently. Will their domination continue in singles actions?[/I] [B][U][COLOR="red"]Antonio[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="red"]Donnie J[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Blue"]Rick Sanders[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR][/U][/B] #1 Contenders Fatal Four way. [I]With a shot at the Tri-State Regional title on the line, its anybody's game in this fatal four way[/I]. [B][U][COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental & Steve Flash[/COLOR] vs [COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk and Ota[/COLOR][/U][/B]. [I]Both Flash and AE have suffered recent defeats at the hands of Phunk, and AE has his own issues with Ota. Can the heroes take their revenge or will the dastardly duo triumph?[/I] [B][U][COLOR="Blue"]David [/COLOR]Mack vs [COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/U][/B] for the NYCW Empire championship [I]Chord is back from Japan and exercising his rematch clause. Both men hold multiple victories over each other and both men have held the biggest prize in NYCW. [/I] Soul Calibur vs Wiley Coyote Nicky Champion vs Casey Valentine American Machine vs Steven Parker Antonio vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title American Elemental & Steve Flash vs Grandmaster Phunk and Ota. David Mack (c) vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship

With me just getting into the CornellVerse I never really checked out any CV dynasties. But this looks like a good read, and now that I know the majority of the people in this I'll have to go back to the begining and read it. So hopefully I'll get through it pretty quickly and I'll be able to leave you so good feedback like you do in mine.

[B]Soul Calibur[/B] vs Wiley Coyote Nicky Champion vs [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [B]American Machine[/B] vs Steven Parker [B]Antonio[/B] vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title American Elemental & Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk and Ota[/B]. [B]David Mack[/B] (c) vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship

I love the way you've developed this place over time. Especially how you've made David Mack invaluable to the place. I like the returns of Phunk & Ota though they do seem mismatched as partners even if it more because they are just heels. But keep up the good work. [B]Soul Calibur[/B] vs Wiley Coyote Nicky Champion vs [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [B]American Machine[/B] vs Steven Parker Antonio vs Donnie J vs [B]Rick Sanders [/B]vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title American Elemental & Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk and Ota.[/B] [B]David Mack (c)[/B] vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship

Soul Calibur vs [B]Wiley Coyote[/B] [B]Nicky Champion[/B] vs Casey Valentine American Machine vs [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]Antonio[/B] vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title American Elemental & Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk and Ota[/B]. [B]David Mack [/B](c) vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship instincts say you give Cord the run you had planned earlier, but with Ota and Phunk as your other main eventers...there are more heels to chase a face than vice versa....

[B]Soul Calibur [/B]vs Wiley Coyote [I]Hustlers will probably get involved and cost Wiley Coyote the win[/I] [B]Nicky Champion [/B]vs Casey Valentine American Machine vs [B]Steven Parker[/B] [I]Usually its a win apiece, and I reckon Parker is the stronger Camp Chord guy[/I] [B]Antonio[/B] vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title [I]I'll go with Antonio although I'd like Donnie J to win just to see the negative reaction he'll get on here![/I] American Elemental & Steve Flash vs [B]Grandmaster Phunk and Ota[/B]. [I]Heels are in the midst of a push and need to be strong[/I] [B]David Mack [/B](c) vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship [I]As bgbuff said...all the credible contenders right now are heels[/I]

[B]Soul Calibur[/B] vs Wiley Coyote [I]They've been getting a nice build up and it's time for them to beat the veterans. Maybe get their title shot after the next American Muscle loss.[/I] [B]Nicky Champion[/B] vs Casey Valentine [B]American Machine[/B] vs Steven Parker The faces win the singles amtches giving them one last shot at the titles next time before Soul Calibur moves in and American Muscle steps back to build up some more momentum. [B]Antonio[/B] vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title Camp Chords other member moves in for a title he wins this match and then his title match with interference by the returning Jay Chord. [B]American Elemental & Steve Flash[/B] vs Grandmaster Phunk and Ota. They probably won't really win but as these are the two guys I mark hardest for I want them too. But at least Phunk and Ota are real competition and Donnie J isn't in this match. David Mack (c) vs [B]Jay Chord[/B] for the NYCW Empire championship Jay gets the title on hsi very fist shot back showing what he learned in Japan by jobbing and coming back with a bigger mean streak from all that losing.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;271450] [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] BHOTWG added Acid. CGC has added a great white shark to their midst with the signing of Eddie Peak. )[/QUOTE] Well that's not good. I'm not happy. MPox reads: DaVE Flames off A-Level Talent, puts belt back on Caulfield.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;271812]Well that's not good. I'm not happy. MPox reads: DaVE Flames off A-Level Talent, puts belt back on Caulfield.[/QUOTE] You probably wouldn't like the DaVE of 2009 in my world. Despite TCW and SWF having been at cult since 2007, DaVE is still a distant third, and would actually be fourth if USPW could ever do better than a D+, C- with their national show. DaVE hasn't had a TV show since August of 2007, and they periodically don't have PPV for up to 25% of the year. Their pop level is D+ across usa, same as USPW . Whereas USPW is D+ in every market, DaVE ranges from C+ to F+ in the various us Markets. Unified title hasn't been too bad as it progressed from Eddie Peak-> EricTyler-> Sammy Bach-> Big Cat Brandon. But you can see the downward talent slide. DaVE still has Sammy and Eric in the main event. Other titles are a different story. Despite having Mainstream Hernandez, Joey Minnesota, Akima Brave, Shawn Gonzalez, Mario Heroic , Frankie Perez and Guide all in the mid-upper mid card. The Brass Knuckles for the last 9 months has been Travis Century, and Travis Century and Hells Bouncer have held the tag titles for the last 2 yrs.

[B]Soul Calibur[/B] vs Wiley Coyote Nicky Champion vs [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [B]American Machine[/B] vs Steven Parker [B]Antonio[/B] vs Donnie J vs Rick Sanders vs Honest Frank #1 Contender for the Tri-State title [B]American Elemental & Steve Flash[/B] vs Grandmaster Phunk and Ota. [I]FLAAAAAAASH![/I] [B]David Mack (c)[/B] vs Jay Chord for the NYCW Empire championship

[B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]NYCW GROUND ZERO[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]Live from Pennsylvania Park Sep 2009 Att: 1676[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]PRE SHOW[/SIZE][/B] All four members of [B][COLOR="Red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B] come out at the beginning of the show. Their leader, [B][COLOR="red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B], says that now that he is back , Camp Chord's destiny of Domination will resume. He says that [B][COLOR="red"]Parker and Valentine[/COLOR][/B] have completed phase 1 by taking the [B]NYCW Tag Team[/B] titles, [B][COLOR="red"]Antonio[/COLOR][/B] will begin phase 2 when he wins the #1 contendership to the [B]Tri-State[/B] title and that he, Jay Chord, will complete the final phase after he defeats [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] and takes back his [B]NYCW Empire[/B] title. [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Really good opening promo that helps re-establish Camp Chord and allows the other members to get some rub from Jay's current massive popularity.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Jenny [/COLOR][/B]is backstage giving [B][COLOR="red"]Donnie J[/COLOR][/B] a shoulder rub. She tells him tonight is a golden opportunity to re-establish himself as the elite among the NYCW roster. Winning tonights # 1 contendership will get him in position for a title shot at the [B]Tri-State[/B] belt. As Jenny is talking, she slowly walks around the seated Donnie J, till she is straddling him face to face and tells him how much she loves a man with a large gold belt. Donnie is looking suitably motivated. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]While it hasn't done much for Jenny, her association with Donnie J has done wonders to improve his charisma,acting and promo skills. His Prima Donna persona is generating a huge amount of heat,both from the live crowds and the internet.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"]Bob Casey[/COLOR][/B] in 8:01 [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] Pinfall after a belly to belly suplex. [I]Casey is on his way out as I have plenty of guys that can put people over and deliver better matches now as this stinker indicates. Singh gets a little momentum as I try to determine if he has a future as more than just a low card jobber.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"]MAIN SHOW[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="blue"]Mitch Naess[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="blue"]Wanda Fish[/COLOR][/B] open the main show and hype up the returning [B][COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B], the #1 contender match and the main event. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Karen Killer[/COLOR][/B] then joins them and they discuss how [B][COLOR="blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR][/B] is on a winning streak and that they will face a stiff challenge tonight from the former 4 time champions [B][COLOR="Red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B]. Karen expresses confidence in her men that they will triumph tonight and achieve their ultimate goal of the tag team titles. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Since Karen and Steve Flash have such a natural chemistry together, I don't want to break them apart. Karen is already good at promos, but I am hoping her interactions with Wanda, who is incredibly gifted, will raise Karen even further, and then trickle down to Steve as his lack of charisma is the only thing holding him back.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Soul Calibur[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"]Wiley Coyote[/COLOR][/B] in 7:52 E+ Cal Sanders defeated Wiley Steinway by pinfall following interference by The New York Doll. Sammy The Shark also turned on Coyote Dynamite. The [B][COLOR="Blue"]Hustlers[/COLOR][/B] face turn went pretty well. [I]Wiley Coyote were actually dominating most of this match with their new brutal approach in the ring. Sanders took the brunt of the beating as Harris was outside trying to get the tag or help his partner only to be ushered back out by the referee. Following a dropkick from Sanders on Steinway, the referee was knocked down and stunned as he was behind Steinway at the time. Frank then took this opportunity to try and throw a chair into the ring. The Hustlers ran out and nailed Frank, took the chair, and NY Doll laid out Steinway while Sammy fought with Dynamite on the outside of the ring. Harris revived the ref as Sanders covered Steinway for the pinfall and the victory.[/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]Nicky Champion[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"]Casey Valentine[/COLOR][/B] in 8:05 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] Pinfall with a Hawkeye Hammer. [I]An entertaining match as Valentine tried to use his mat skills and speed to neutralize Champion's strength, but Champion rallied at the end and put it away with his Hawkeye Hammer double fist shot off the ropes.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Machine[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"]Steven Parker[/COLOR][/B] in 7:37 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] Pinfall after a flying crossbody. [I]Also very entertaining as American Muscle make it two for two in singles action. Machine takes this one down with a rare crossbody block from the top rope on Parker[/I]. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Fern Hathaway[/COLOR][/B] comes out in the Camp Chord "[I][B]Destiny of Domination[/B][/I]" t-shirts to help promote the return of Jay Chord. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Standard bit and standard reaction.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Antonio[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="red"]Donnie J[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]Rick Sanders [/COLOR]and [COLOR="Red"]Honest Frank[/COLOR] [/B]in 10:25 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] the order of elimination was Rick Sanders first, then Honest Frank, and finally Donnie J [I]Actually pretty good match considering Honest Frank was involved and Antonio seemed to lack focus at times. All three heels teamed up to beatdown the lone face and only former champion Rick Sanders, who was then summarily pinned by Frank. Frank didn't celebrate long as right after he pinned Sanders, Donnie J nails him with Death on Miami Beach. Now it was down to Donnie J and Antonio. Both heels used every short cut they could , but eventually Antonio connects with the Sicilian DDT and becomes the #1 contender for the NYCW Tri-State Regional title.[/I] The familiar cloud of smoke appears at the entrance ramp signals the arrival of [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental[/COLOR][/B]. This time [B][COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] appears with AE. AE grabs a mike and says that he and Flash have serious issues with [B][COLOR="Red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR="red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] trying to run roughshod over everyone and claiming to be the best in NYCW. AE says he and Flash will prove who the best are in the ring and that it is the two men you see before you. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Steve looks a little uncomfortable during the promo and it detracts somewhat from the usual pop that AE gets. However, he does look slightly less uncomfortable than the previous month as he gets some rub from his association with AE.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk[/COLOR][/B] comes out , accompanied by [B][COLOR="red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B]. He tells the men in the ring that he has beaten both of them singlehandedly, and now with the Warrior of Darkness Ota at his side, nothing can stand in the way of his becoming [B]NYCW Empire[/B] champion again. Whether he has to go thru [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B], or [B][COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B], makes no difference as neither young punk can hold a candle to the Pimp Daddy! Ota then hands a note to Mitch Naess at the announce table and gestures for him to read it. " [B][I]The Warrior of Darkness and the Grandmaster of Phunk will tame the elements and fizzle the flash. Your lucky number is 2 as this will be the second time we have defeated both of you[/I][/B]." [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Decent heat for the heels before this pivotal tag match.[/I] [B][COLOR="red"]Grandmaster Phunk and Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental and Steve Flash[/COLOR][/B] in 12:44 [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] Grandmaster Phunk defeated Steve Flash by submission. [I]Good overall for a tag match as the slower styles of Flash and Phunk played counterpoint to the faster paced action of AE and Ota. A couple of years ago this probably would have been even better as both Flash and Phunk are beginning to show signs of slowing down in the ring. The win comes with AE and Ota fighting outside the ring and , with the ref distracted, Phunk uses a foreign object from his tights to hit Flash in the throat area, disabling him long enough to put on his new STF style submission hold which he calls "The Phunkinator". Flash has no choice but to tap out and Phunk and Ota get the win.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B] comes out for the main event. He says that he hopes [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] has enjoyed his brief time with Chord's title because tonight he will take it back where it is destined to be. Around the waist of the greatest second generation wrestler ever, Jay Chord. He says that [B][COLOR="Red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B] will soon have all the belts and the rest of NYCW will have no choice but to bow down before destiny. [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]It looks like Chords time in Japan hasn't lessened any of his heat as he gets a huge heel pop from the crowd.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR][/B] then comes down the entranceway. I say that [B][COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B] must have had amnesia during his time away. He seems to have forgotten how I left him laying flat on the mat looking up at me winning the Empire title the last time he faced me. I say that it doesn't matter if it is [B][COLOR="red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B], [B][COLOR="red"]Phunk and Ota[/COLOR][/B], or anyone else who thinks they can run roughshod over NYCW. They will all have to deal with me, and with the support of the fans I will prevail against all odds. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good crowd cheer from the audience as the anticipation for this rematch has reached a fever pitch.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]David Mack[/COLOR] drew with [COLOR="Red"]Jay Chord[/COLOR][/B] in 22:32 [B][SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] Double disqualification. David Mack makes defence number 3 of his [B]NYCW Empire[/B] title. [I]I'd have to say that the match lived up to the anticipation as Chord and I put on another really good match that used almost everything but the kitchen sink. We brawled, we used mat holds and counters, we both used several moves from the ropes and neither one could maintain an advantage or keep his opponent down for a 3 count. The action finally spilled to the outside where we both used the ringsteps,the barricades, and ther ringposts to try and hurt each other. After both of us grabbed a chair and swung at each other, the ref finally rang the bell, disqualifying both of us.[/I] As [B][COLOR="red"]Chord[/COLOR][/B] and I continued to go after each other, [B][COLOR="red"]Phunk and Ota[/COLOR][/B] came down to temporarily triple team me until [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Muscle[/COLOR][/B] hit the ring. All six men were fighting and then [B][COLOR="Red"]Camp Chord[/COLOR][/B] hit the ring and it broke down into a 3 way brawl as American Muscle and I went after Phunk and Ota and Camp Chord, Chord and his boys fought with us and with Phunk and Ota since both men wanted the Empire title. And Phunk and Ota were fighting everyone else. The show ended with all eight of us still fighting in the ring. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]A good show ending brawl with the players from the major storylines involved. It also highlights that Camp Chord and Phunk and Ota aren't on the same side as both want the NYCW Empire championship for themselves.[/I] [B][SIZE="3"]Overall Show C[/SIZE][/B] [I]Really good show and probably our best non "Acid" show to date as an excellent main event capped a solid show that furthered most of our current storylines.[/I]

September was another crucial month contract wise as fully half of the roster was up for renewal. After evaluating where we were at and where we wanted to go, I renewed Soul Calibur, Wiley Coyote, NY Doll, Karen Killer,American Machine, Steven Parker ,Kashmir Singh and Rick Sanders. I did decide to let Bob Casey go as I already had better talented people in the undercard to put people over. Around the rest of the wrestling world the news for Sept 2009 was [B]News:[/B] MOSC proves there is more to UK Wrestling than just 21CW as they are now classified as a "regional" promotion. Joshi wrestler Gemmei Oonishi has entered the japanese wrestling scene. Looks like wrestling runs in the blood as former SWF World Champion Mickey Starr's grandson Hollywood Bret Starr made his pro debut. Two woman wrestlers retired this month. One world famous, one not so much. 7 time 5SSW World champion Crusher Ichihara has retired this month. Also retiring is lesbian pioneer Viv Jacobs to somewhat lesser fanfare. In TCW Playboy Jake Sawyer has praised his client, Human Arsenal, as a shining example of a professional wrestler. RIPW referee has become good friends with promising rookie Greg Gauge. PPV deals were the taste of the day in Japan and Mexico as GCG, 5SSW, WLW and MPWF all signed new deals. NOTBPW has ended its secondary Canadian show NOTBPW Tornado. [B]Signings and Leavings:[/B] NOTBPW welcomed home a major star when Sean McFly re-signed with them. The exodus of SWF World champions continued when Elmo Benson decided he had outgrown the former titan. To fill the roster spot, SWF once more dipped into the RIPW well and called up Valiant. Perhaps due to the influence of his grandfather, USPW has signed new rookie wrestler, Hollywood Bret Starr. USPW has also gotten younger with the departures of Demon Anger and Warlord Agony. INSPIRE has added Nathan Coleman, Roy Edison and Jungle Jack to their next tour. WLW has also added Henry Lee, Skull DeBones and Steve Frehley for their latest tour. Darryl Devine has decided he has outgrown CZCW and departed the federation. [B]Title Changes:[/B] 4C saw a changing of the Hardcore title as Barry Kingman ended the year long reign of The Wizard of Ottowa. Ryan Powell overcame the Foorcceee and defeated Jim Force to claim his second CGC Canadian championship Darryl Devine has left the CZCW championship vacant with his departure. Stephanie Hazel is a 3 time NOTBPW Woman's champion after recapturing the title from Jana Marie Bowen. Showing just how far SWF has fallen, Jumbo Shrimp is now the SWF World Champion after defeating Frederique Antonio Garcia for the vacant belt. It was not a good month titlewise for Darryl Devine as Big Smack Scott laid the smack down to reclaim the SWF North American title. Freddie Huggins upended Steve Gumble to gain his 4th TCW All Action title reign. It is a good time to be large and Samoan as Giant Tana has defeated Robbie Retro to capture the USPW National title. Rumor has it that the catering bill has tripled.

Archived