[HYPE] AFTER The Fall~!

[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #12 - The East Coast War[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"]The Set-Up[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4080/neweswzc9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The feud between [B]Empire State Wrestling[/B], and it's one-year old rival [B]New England Wrestling [/B](formed by the [B]Prichard Brothers[/B]) has set the East Coast indy scene on fire. ESW promotes a hardcore, brawling-orientated product, while NEW focuses on a more modern indy style - high flyers, technicians and puro-influenced strong stylers. Backed by Ivy League moneymen, New England Wrestling is the rich Boston cousin of wrestling. And the modern style of its young workers has seen East Coast fans leave ESW (and it's older roster) in droves. Over the last six months, the feud between the two promotions has grown ever more heated, with ESW fans invading NEW shows, prompting fights in the crowd between alcoholics and Ivy-league frat boys. With less money and an older roster, can ESW compete? Or will NEW become the undisputed East Coast Indy King?[/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power Ten[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7439/mattstrikerhi9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]1. Matt Striker (NEW)[/B] - Represents the stark contrast between the two promotions. Having jumped from ESW in 2004, he is NEW's most beloved face, and a hated figure in New York. [B]2. Rodney Mack (ESW)[/B] - The reigning ESW Tri-State Heavyweight Champ. Had a brief run in FPW in 2003. [B]3. Petey Williams (NEW)[/B] - Also works for A-CPW, his Canadian Destroyer finisher always pops a crowd, no matter what side of the border he is on. [B] 4. The Blue Boy (ESW)[/B] - A popular ESW face, and two-time former champ. [B] 5. The Bad Breed (ESW) [/B]- Axl and Ian Rotten re-united in ESW, after Axl's run ended in The Extreme. [B] 6. The Havana Pitbulls (NEW) [/B]- Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero form one of the most acclaimed teams on the indy scene. [B]7. Zach Gowen (NEW)[/B] - The one-legged wonder is a constant draw for NEW. [B] 8. Saint Nicks (ESW) [/B]- Nick Cage and Nick Berk, CZW staples before The Fall, team in ESW. [B]9. Adam Pearce (NEW)[/B] - One of NEW's most trusted hands. Works as a matwork-obsessed heel. [B] 10. John Walters (ESW) [/B]- A promising talent, his technician style makes him stand out in ESW. [/QUOTE]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. ESW is still around? In my game as FPW, ESW is still around (I think I'm in June 2002), but I'd be shocked if they lasted until the end of the year. I've been keeping an eye on their money via the editor, and for the last week or two of the previous month, they were in the negative amounts. They got back to positive numbers, but only because of the end-of-month income boost. Once they ran their first show of the current month, they were back down below zero. I'm looking forward to buying them out, and am already planning on how to unify their titles with mine. (I'm thinking of signing the last champs to a single appearance deal and having them wrestle my champs to unify the belts.)

Is it strange that there are actual promotions with very similar names in the real world that are at war? I live in Western New York State near buffalo, and there are a few small indy promotions around here that book shows. The one that I started going to was ESW, empire state wrestling. My sister actually met her husband there, but I digress... My brother-in-law and some other of his cronies joined together and tried to bring down this promotion by creating another promotion called OSPW (Old School Pro Wrestling), however, both of these feds have since been bought out, ESW by NWA Upstate, this is now known as NWA Empire, and OSPW was bought out by a promotion from Rochester called NEW (Next Era Wrestling, I think)... So... yeah, I read this, and I'm like wait a minute ESW vs. NEW where does that sound familiar... lol Coincidence? I mean promotion names are pretty easily similar. So it could be.

[QUOTE=ilovebarbu;261783]Wooo I just read the whole thread tonight for this mod, and I'm really anticipating this one big time, I just love the concept of the scenario :) How many spotlights left :) ?[/QUOTE] That would be spoiling :) But I'll give you a hint - it rhymes with 'choo'.

Okay...I just read through the entire thread and I am really really excited to play this mod. But I have one comment... [QUOTE]9. CM Punk - PWR's biggest star, and a cult figure amongst wrestling fans, CM Punk has just made his debut in the NWA. Immediately formed an alliance-of-sorts with RVD and Sabu.[/QUOTE] Wha? CM Punk...the "Straight Edge Superstar" formed an alliance with a couple of stoners? I mean...RVD's character pretty much is just "stoner." And let us not forget...[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=SCIo80CwDQo"]THIS[/URL] I know it is a fictional...alternate reality kind of thing. But that just strikes me as odd. Other than that...this looks awesome man!

[QUOTE=badlefthook;263039]Okay...I just read through the entire thread and I am really really excited to play this mod. But I have one comment... Wha? CM Punk...the "Straight Edge Superstar" formed an alliance with a couple of stoners? I mean...RVD's character pretty much is just "stoner." And let us not forget...[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=SCIo80CwDQo"]THIS[/URL] I know it is a fictional...alternate reality kind of thing. But that just strikes me as odd. Other than that...this looks awesome man![/QUOTE] They've teamed together in real life, even in the current ECW.. sooo.. I smoked in high school and college, I had friends that didn't, not a big thing.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;263454]They've teamed together in real life, even in the current ECW.. sooo.. I smoked in high school and college, I had friends that didn't, not a big thing.[/QUOTE] I know they have teamed together (against New Breed for example..and I found it odd then as well)...I just found it odd to form an actual alliance with them. But hey...I don't know the backstory behind all of what has happened in the fed. Just was throwing it out there. I guess I always just revert to the militantly straight edge version of Punk's character. Like I said...was just throwing it out there.

Punk is a face in PWR and the NWA, so the Straight Edge stuff is played down. I think it fits that the cult hero of the indy feds teams with the cult heroes of indy feds past, but I understand why its an odd couple. Regardless, it's not actually coded into the game that they're a team/stable/alliance, so people can choose their own path for the Straight Edge Superstarrrrrrrrrr

[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #13 - Wrestling For Shoes[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"]The Bio [/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8840/wfsgo4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Wrestling For Shoes is less a wrestling promotion and more a charity organization. Founded by wrestling legend Afa, and affiliated with his training school, it runs shows six months out of the year, with proceeds going towards buying shoes for homeless and low-income families. It's a noble goal, and many wrestlers are happy to work the rigorous schedule for a good cause.[/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power 5[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7296/genesnitskyzg7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]1. Gene Snitsky[/B] - Trained by Afa, the 6"8 Snitsky has generated a lot of buzz for WFS, and seems to really, really enjoy putting the shoes on the homeless personally. [B]2. The Samoans - Afa Jr., Reno The Black Pearl and LA Smooth[/B] - A necessary ingredient in any wrestling promotion - bad ass Samoans. [B]3. Delirious and Jigsaw [/B]- These masked indy stars are fan favourites, and very popular with the local children. [B]4. Johnny Kashmere[/B] - A top heel in WFS. [B]5. Court Bauer -[/B] WFS' booker, the man who managed to make WFS a semi-cult hit amongst internet wrestling fans.[/QUOTE]

I think I might put a hold on the Promotion Spotlights. There are two feds remaining, so we'll let them be surprises for the release. One is the old stalwart [B]Championship Wrestling From Memphis[/B] and the other wasn't in The Fall, but should be... familiar. ;) Instead, a screenshot from my testing. I'm actually pretty proud of this, as it's pretty tricky to get the AI to put on good cards. This is three weeks into a test, and is FPW's October Pay-Per-View. It's in their home region, which is why the attendence and ratings are better than average. [IMG]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2900/fpwbplussh6.jpg[/IMG]

Cool. I've downloaded the first mod and I've enjoyed it a lot, especially since this mod loads a lot faster than the others..It would be great fun to sim my mod (I'm head booker of AWF) up to 2005, then compare/contrast champions :)

Archived