[HYPE] AFTER The Fall~!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #10 - Stampede Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6592/stampedeah1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B] The Bio[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Canada's undisputed #1 promotion, Stampede was reformed by the Hart Family After The Fall. The promotion focuses on crisp, pure in-ring action, and boasts some of the industry's brightest young talents, along with Canada's biggest names. In 2003, it added a Women's division after the collapse of N-WOW. In that same year, after defeating BCW for Canadian supremacy, Stampede was rocked by the emergence of All-Canadian, and is now embroiled in an all-out promotional war.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Harts[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4430/teddyhartab1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It is little surprise that the promotion featuring The Hart Family captured Canada's wrestling dollar. It is also unsurprising that today, four years After The Fall, Stampede's top heel is [B]Teddy Hart[/B], and its top face is [B]Harry Smith[/B]. Together, the two have teamed, fought and feuded, selling out houses across the country. And while you can't build a house without a foundation, you can't build a Canadian wrestling dynasty without a [B]Hart Foundation[/B]. In 2004, Teddy Hart turned on his old friends Smith and [B]TJ Wilson[/B] to reform The Hart Foundation, with the team of [B]Jim Neidhart [/B]and Roderick Strong, [B]Nattie Neidhart [/B]and their 'executive consultant' [B]Don Callis[/B]. Together, the stable has run roughshod over the company, and filled the void left by the departure of [B]Christian Cage.[/B] [/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Ones Who Aren't Harts[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9393/chavoguerrerojrcx1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Stampede has always boasted an impressive roster of talent, and After The Fall is no exception. Names like[B] Chavo Guerrero Jr., Jack Evans, Chad Collyer, Paul Burchill [/B]and [B]The Briscoes[/B] provide a variety of styles and the guarantee of a few great matches on each cards. When it comes to wrestling as wrestling, Stampede is almost unmatched.[/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Chicks[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6947/trishstratusyy6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The collapse of N-WOW, coupled with the hesitation of any of the Big Three to introduce Women's wrestling, saw Stampede create a Women's division in 2003. Although some talent was stolen by A-CPW, Stampede boasts names like [B]Trish Stratus, Victoria, Alexis Laree, Nattie Neidhart, Tracy Brooks[/B] and [B]Lisa Moretti [/B](Ivory). And these broads can [I]wrestle[/I].[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power 10 [/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2214/jackevanspg0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]1. Teddy Hart[/B] - See above. [B]2. Harry Smith[/B] - Stampede's most popular face. [B]3. Jack Evans [/B]- A close second to Harry Smith. [B]4. Jim Neidhart and Roderick Strong [/B]- Valued members of The Hart Foundation, and two-time tag champs. [B]5. Nattie Neidhart[/B] - The reigning Women's champ. [B]6. Trish Stratus[/B] - The blonde bombshell has impressed casual and hardcore fans alike with her looks and in-ring skill, and is currently chasing Neidhart's Women's title. [B]7. TJ Wilson[/B] - Harry Smith's tag partner and ally in the feud with The Hart Foundation. [B]8. Davey Richards -[/B] Scouted by Bret Hart himself, Richards is being groomed for a top spot in Stampede. [B]9. Scott D'Amore[/B] - The former owner of BCW shocked a nation in 2005 by joining his old promotional rival, where he works as a colour commentator. [b]10. Eric Young -[/B] Jumped to Stampede after BCW's collapse, and is a popular face.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]Heavyweight Champions[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6203/christianvg3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] 1. Christian Cage - Nov. 2001 2. Lance Storm - Jun. 2002 3. Teddy Hart - Sep. 2002 4. Christian Cage (2) - Jan. 2003. 5. Chris Benoit - May. 2003 6. Teddy Hart (2) - Jul. 2003 7. Harry Smith - Oct. 2003 8. Teddy Hart (3) - Jan. 2004 9. Christian Cage (3) - Aug. 2004 10. Harry Smith (2) - Mar. 2005 11. Teddy Hart (4) - Aug. 2005[/QUOTE]

Interesting to see like you have given Benoit atleast one Title reign which is good, another thing that I like about Stampede is the fact that Teddy Hart's had alot of Title reigns as Champ and Harry Smith has had a few too. I'm a big fan of Harry Smith, Teddy Hart, and Jack Evans, gawd your making it too hard for me to choose who to play as first!

Finally Stampede :) i think benoit should of had atleast two reigns but i can see why its hard to give him anthing :). Im glad to see that Teddy Hart is getting pushed nicely along with Smith,Evans & Wilson. As i am a big womens wrestling im glad to see Stampede has a womens division now.Stampede is looking super awesome cant wait to play as them :)

[SIZE="4"][B]Promotion Spotlight #11 - EVAD - Excitement Violence and Diversions[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3505/evadbq2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]The Bio [/SIZE][/B] [quote]It's hard to say exactly what this Chicago-based promotion is trying to accomplish. A mix of 1980's-esque brawlers, power men, and conservative politics, it is the strangest promotion in North America. Most big names in the business haven't even heard of EVAD, but the few who have heard of the company believe it's doomed to failure in a spectacular way. Founded in 2005, by a mysterious stranger called [B]Woyah[/B].[/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]Woyah?[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7292/ultimatewarriorxf8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] EVAD owner 'Woyah' bears a striking resemblance to a certain former WWF World Champion, leading many to question just exactly why he created EVAD. Most shows are highlighted by a 15 minute speech from Woyah, typically involving the conservative talking points of the day, diatribes against 'queering' and words like 'destrucitity'. EVAD's titles ([B]The Galaxial[/B], [B]The Trans-America [/B]and [B]The Dual Galaxial Teaming[/B]), its stable of face-painted workers named [B]The Ultimates[/B] and the re-appearance of Mike Jones, the former Virgil, as '[B]Virgil Hellwig[/B]' also has some fans scratching their heads. Is this the... [B][I]Ultimate Promotion?[/I][/B] [/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Ultimates[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9129/theultimatesut1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Maxx Justice, Otto Schwanz and Mike Maverick may be well-known to indy aficionados, but their EVAD names may not. Together, they form EVAD's most dominant (and only) stable, as [B]Maxx Warrior, Otto Warrior[/B] and..... [B]Mike Warrior[/B]. They the trio of tenacious-icity, a triumvirate of tumultuousness, a... threesome of thunder. they are [B]The Ultimates! [/B][/quote] [B][SIZE="3"][B] The Power 10[/B][/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] ALL WARRIORS ARE CREATED EQUAL[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]Galaxial Champions[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/749/kevinnorthcuttgx0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] 1. Otto Warrior - Sep. 16 2005 2. Kevin Northcutt - Sep. 17 2005 3. Ronnie Garvin - Sep. 18 2005 4. Otto Warrior - Sep. 19 2005[/QUOTE]

After being gone for a while I just came on to the site to check out this thread on WHOA! What a great promotion! I'm definetely not playing as EVAD :D as I'm sticking to FPW, AWF, and EXTREME which will be awesome. So should we expect a release... next month?

Yes, at the latest. shamelessposer is running through the data at the moment, finding errors and such (like how I El Generico's bio notes he can't speak 'Mexican' instead of 'Spanish' :o ), and I'm currently getting Japan up-to-date-ish. Mexico is next, but shouldn't take too long. I don't really want to spend lots of time on the two game areas that nobody plays, they're really just there to enhance the U.S and Canada. Once I'm done there, poser can put his touches on it (though I don't know if he'll be able to match the sheer genius of his previous work with EVAD, Wrestling For Shoes and Kishin Liger - AJPW Booker), and we should be sweet.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;258381]Yes, at the latest. shamelessposer is running through the data at the moment, finding errors and such (like how I El Generico's bio notes he can't speak 'Mexican' instead of 'Spanish' :o )[/QUOTE] Please leave that in as a joke.

Lemme just say, having just recently gotten into The Fall scenario, I really really like it. I have N-WOW on the verge of National (probably 8-12 average shows away), with a relatively thin talent pool (I used the editor to make several of the joshis available in the US). Looking forward to After The Fall, for sure. :)

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;258408]N-WOW near National is pretty damn impressive.[/QUOTE] Thanks! Pretty easy for me now. Generally, running a women's promotion in real world based scenarios is cake, even moreso if the promotion's based in Japan (or Mexico, I guess). When AWF, FPW, and NWA went National, they did me a favor by stealing most of the ex-WWE women (except Victoria, thank God), which was huge as it allowed me to seriously cut costs. Some tweaks to the product over time and I have it so that the talented in-ring workers get over based on that primarily. What I'm deathly afraid of now though is the "retirement code" kicking in and randomly decimating my roster (I have about half a dozen women at or approaching the mid 30s, including my current world champion Akira Hokuto and my next world champion, Manami Toyota). But that's part of the fun IMO. :)

Archived