[HYPE] AFTER The Fall~!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Shmoe;252912]May I first ask whom does those cage pictures?[/QUOTE] I've done a lot of them, you can find them on Bobinc.net (except my most recent pack), and here's my most recent pack's thread: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24252[/url]

Since Tommy has stated that this probably won't be released until closer to (or in) August, maybe we should wait before deciding whether or not to include Benoit? Right now, we are all in various stages of shock, anger, denial, etc, etc and it's hard to get a firm grasp on what we'll really want to play months down the line. As far as Candido and Eddie go, since this is set in an alternate 2005, I think they should both be alive and kicking (assuming they don't pass away in the new game world). Candido should definitely be alive, seeing as how his death stemmed from an injury he suffered while wrestling for TNA. There's no TNA, so there shouldn't be a death. Eddie is somewhat debatable, since his death was from years of substance abuse. But who's to say that he didn't clean himself up in this alternate universe? Just my thoughts on those matters. I'm really looking forward to this mod! Keep up the great work!

[QUOTE=nZane;252995]Since Tommy has stated that this probably won't be released until closer to (or in) August, maybe we should wait before deciding whether or not to include Benoit? Right now, we are all in various stages of shock, anger, denial, etc, etc and it's hard to get a firm grasp on what we'll really want to play months down the line. As far as Candido and Eddie go, since this is set in an alternate 2005, I think they should both be alive and kicking (assuming they don't pass away in the new game world). Candido should definitely be alive, seeing as how his death stemmed from an injury he suffered while wrestling for TNA. There's no TNA, so there shouldn't be a death. Eddie is somewhat debatable, since his death was from years of substance abuse. But who's to say that he didn't clean himself up in this alternate universe? Just my thoughts on those matters. I'm really looking forward to this mod! Keep up the great work![/QUOTE] Well Eddie wasn't even dead in the real world in October 2005, so I hope he is included.

[QUOTE=nZane;252995]Since Tommy has stated that this probably won't be released until closer to (or in) August, maybe we should wait before deciding whether or not to include Benoit? Right now, we are all in various stages of shock, anger, denial, etc, etc and it's hard to get a firm grasp on what we'll really want to play months down the line. As far as Candido and Eddie go, since this is set in an alternate 2005, I think they should both be alive and kicking (assuming they don't pass away in the new game world). Candido should definitely be alive, seeing as how his death stemmed from an injury he suffered while wrestling for TNA. There's no TNA, so there shouldn't be a death. Eddie is somewhat debatable, since his death was from years of substance abuse. But who's to say that he didn't clean himself up in this alternate universe? Just my thoughts on those matters. I'm really looking forward to this mod! Keep up the great work![/QUOTE] That was my thinking. Since this mod is an alternate history from 2001 onward, who is to say that the wrestlers who have died since then also died in this alternate reality? And, as such, who is to say that wrestlers who haven't died since then [I]did[/I] die in this alternate reality?

[QUOTE=Lucied;253034]That was my thinking. Since this mod is an alternate history from 2001 onward, who is to say that the wrestlers who have died since then also died in this alternate reality? And, as such, who is to say that wrestlers who haven't died since then [I]did[/I] die in this alternate reality?[/QUOTE] Any wrestler who died before October the 1st 2005 is dead in this game. We already had a three-page debate on this in The Fall thread a few months ago. Personally, I find fantasy booking someone's mortality a little wrong. Eddie Guerrero is in the game, as he hadn't died yet. However, he's set to On Hiatus, so if a player decides to remove him from the database at the time he died IRL, it won't impact a promotion too heavily. This may be an interactive mod in terms of the booking of promotions and workers (e.g - what happened in the NWA post-fall is largely from Poser's ideas in The Fall thread), but deaths are non-negotiable. End of discussion. The database editor is your friend.

[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #7 - The Extreme[/SIZE][/B] [center][IMG]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2398/textqg5.jpg[/IMG][/center] [B][SIZE="3"]The Bio[/SIZE][/B] [quote]No 'association', no 'alliance', no 'federation', just The EXTREME. Not even The Fall could deter fans of hardcore wrestling, whose thirst for blood saw the birth of The Extreme. Based in Philadelphia, The Extreme was founded by Tommy Dreamer and boasts a dream roster of brawlers, psychopaths and daredevils. While the promotion struggled in its early days, with talent raids and a volatile locker-room, it has grown continuously to become the most popular indy in the U.S. [/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Homicidal, The Suicidal and the ...Vampi..cidal...[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8667/vampirooa8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] While The Extreme boasts a cavalcade of loyal stars such as [B]Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman and Balls Mahoney[/B], three particular men have set the course for the promotion's main event since 2001. [B]Homicide, Sabu and Vampiro[/B] have each held World Title gold, and over the last four years, have beaten the holy hell out of each other. Vampiro dominated the promotion in its early days, and after a year-long absence in 2003, returned straight to the main event. Homicide is Extreme's top heel, and has held World gold on numerous occasions. And Sabu, well... he's just freaking nuts. [/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]Some Old Friends[/SIZE][/B] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2749/shanedouglasvp9.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The Extreme may have carved out its own niche and its own legends, but there is no denying the promotion borrows heavily from the glory days of ECW. So, when [B]Shane Douglas[/B] made his jaw-dropping debut in the promotion, money followed. Douglas is far from his peak, but dream matches with Sabu, Sandman and Dreamer helped power his career. Another ECW alumni [B]Bam Bam Bigelow[/B] worked in FPW and the NWA before settling in The Extreme, and was soon joined by names like [B]Simon Diamond, Tracy Smothers[/B] and the man who won the Extreme World Title upon his debut - [B]"The King Of Old School" Steve Corino[/B]. And finally, another (short-lived) ECW alumni.... [B]'The Bad Guy' Scott Hall[/B] made a surprise return to wrestling in 2005 for The Extreme! Hall set attendence records for the promotion, but is yet to feud with The Sandman over who is the biggest drunk. [/quote] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power Ten[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1020/abyssbn0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]1. Homicide[/B] - See above. [B]2. Raven [/B]- While he is no longer at the peak of his career (an NWA World Title run is hard to match), Raven splits his time between the NWA and EXTREME, and can still go with the best of them. [B] 3. Abyss and Paul Ellering [/B]- While Abyss was already on the map after a feud with Tommy Dreamer in 2003, it was only when the legendary Paul Ellering became his manager that he became a top-line act. 'The Monster' has run rampant in The Extreme ever since. [B]4. Scott Hall [/B]- Hey Yo. [B]5. Sandman, Dreamer and Mahoney [/B]- The heart and soul of The Extreme. [B]6. Scott Norton [/B]- The former WCW badass returned from a long stint in the Japan, toured with LoW and then found himself in The Extreme. Stiffer than a dead body. [B]7. Sylvester Terkay[/B] - Works an MMA gimmick in The Extreme, and has also just signed with the NWA, where he is set to debut. [B]8. Vampiro[/B] - While not the biggest star, as he once was, Vampiro is still a solid main-eventer. [B]9. Necro Butcher[/B] - Made his name in the deathmatch league in Japan before signing with The Extreme in 2005. Is fast becoming a cult figure. [B]10. Sabu and NOSAWA[/B] -NOSAWA made his debut in 2005, and immediately formed an alliance with Sabu that has lit up The Extreme ring.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]World Champions[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7577/homicidegd7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] 1. Vampiro - Jan. 2002 2. Sabu - Mar. 2002 3. The Messiah - Jun. 2002 4. Vampiro (2) - Jul. 2002 5. Rob Van Dam - Oct. 2002 6. Bam Bam Bigelow - Mar. 2003 7. Tommy Dreamer - Mar. 2003 8. Homicide - Aug. 2003 9. The Sandman - Jan. 2004 10. Homicide (2) - Mar. 2004 11. Terry Funk - Aug. 2004 12. *Vacant* - Aug. 2004 13. Steve Corino - Sep. 2004 14. Shane Douglas - Dec. 2004 15. Raven - Mar. 2005 16. Homicide - Aug. 2005[/QUOTE]

I agree with FutureLegend I think I might have to fire his drunk ass when I play as The Extreme. I'm thinking about either The Extreme or FPW as my first promotion to play as, sounds great with the roster they have. Edit: Just noticed you don't have Abyss with James Mitchell!! Are you crazy!?:eek:

[QUOTE=The-619;253134]Edit: Just noticed you don't have Abyss with James Mitchell!! Are you crazy!?:eek:[/QUOTE] Personally, I don't think Abyss needs Mitchel. On the other hand, Paul Ellering seems to be a curious choice for a manager. I have a question, though. Is Paul Bearer still in FPW? I think it would be interesting to have a stable lead by Paul Bearer and The Undertaker, feuding with Mitchel's New Church, seeing as how Mitchel's group is out for Undertaker's blood. A feud of the demonic cults. If it's not in by default, I'm definitely going to do it immediately.

Abyss with James Mitchell is too predictable, and Mitchell is kickin it strong over in FPW anyway. I like the idea of Abyss with a 'handler' like Paul Ellering, a guy who has handled bad-ass monsters before, rather than with a demonic manager like Mitchell. Percy Pringle/Paul Bearer is On Hiatus After The Fall, having feuded with Mitchell up until 2004. Basically your idea there is what actually happened during the gap, hehe. I might change it so he's just unemployed though, to make it easier for people who want Bearer to return to combat the New Church.

Big names - Chyna (she left to milk her celebrity), Rocky (the movies) and Ken Shamrock (UFC). There's not many, for the simple fact that with two global feds, one national, one cult and the indies, I needed all the available talent I could get. Also, I think someone asked earlier about whether a pic pack would be available with the mod. Just spoke to Crychon and got his permission, so a pic pack [I]will [/I]be included with the mod like last time, with the vast majority on the sexy blue background. Also, if anybody has any specific Q's about what's doing with certain wrestlers or titles or teams After The Fall, shoot.

I, true to form, have a lot of questions :D Will the picture pack be updated fully? Because I noticed that last time, there were a few with the old school (arena) background, and of course, a lot of the pictures were old...so new ones, I hope, because good quality pics I find increase the presentation of the game. The titles, hopefully, will be on the same background as the previous ones (gray) because that looks sweet. However, what pictures will you be using for the titles? Because I had a look at the titles on the original fall, and a lot of them were kinda genericy, so I hope some professional looking belts will make an appearence. Will wrestlers be represented realistically stat wise? Including star power, and just generally everything? Man, I am hyped for this thing. Also, thanks to Crychon, those pics are awesome. Just make sure they're all up to date for the release, and I'll be a happy guy!

[QUOTE=Shmoe;253185]I, true to form, have a lot of questions :D Will the picture pack be updated fully? Because I noticed that last time, there were a few with the old school (arena) background, and of course, a lot of the pictures were old...so new ones, I hope, because good quality pics I find increase the presentation of the game. [/quote] Well, that's partly because I didn't really feel like spending time giving Joe Bloggs from a Canadian independent fed a nice pretty Crychon BG, and with even more workers this time around - no. The vast majority will have a nice BG and the best pic I can find/cut, but I don't want to delay the mod by a month or so to cut pics. [quote]The titles, hopefully, will be on the same background as the previous ones (gray) because that looks sweet. However, what pictures will you be using for the titles? Because I had a look at the titles on the original fall, and a lot of them were kinda genericy, so I hope some professional looking belts will make an appearence. [/quote] Eh. Sorry, but eh. I think The Fall was better than most mods in that many of the fictional promotions had personalised belts, but aside from making sure every belt has a picture and in most cases the promotion logo, I don't really care. If its somebody's deal, they're more than welcome to make some better belt pics once ATF is out. [quote]Will wrestlers be represented realistically stat wise? Including star power, and just generally everything? [/quote] Hehe, I'd hope so. But I don't really understand the question? Do you mean... 'John Cena is 89 over in T-Zone 2005, so he should be 89 over in ATF?'

Well of course, I'm not the best aquainted with The Fall, but I suppose, not basing it on T-Zone, but the real representation of the worker back in 2005...of course, the Fall world could have turned out very different, some workers may not have been as over as they were in 2005, but it would be a nice touch. I hope you see how I mean it. If not, I'll give yet another long winded explanation! :D

Most workers who had made it big from 2001-2005 (Cena, Batista, Orton, Styles, Harris) have also made it big After The Fall. Some are a bit more over than they were in 2005 (Orton), others less (Batista), others about the same (Cena, Styles). While there are some notable exceptions (Chris Masters was a WWE upper mid-carder in 2005, but is still in development After The Fall), on the whole it's relatively consistent.

Sweet! I seriously can't wait to play this...looking at it, I'm not sure who I'd want to play as first, FPW, NWA, PWR etc. Although, it's a good thing that Masters is still in development in 2005...because that's where he should still be right now. August is too long I tells ya!

I was going to ask what's happened to the Big Boss Man since The Fall's original release but then i remembered that he passed away in September of 2004 so he sadly won't be in the new version. (Got him up to A* across the U.S. in my NWA game after feuding with Sting, DDP and Sean Morley.) I'm looking very forward to playing this scenerio as The Fall has to be my favorite data base, aside from the default data base that is. Two questions come to mind though. 1. With Scott Hall making the move to The Extreme what has become of Kevin Nash? and 2. Are there any new promotions that have turned up since the original release that will be playable from the get-go?

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;252738]Chris Candido (March 21, 1972 – [B]April 28, 2005[/B]) ;)[/QUOTE] Just thought I'd say something about this - since it is an alternate history mod, couldn't cerain people that died after October 2001 but before October 2005 still be in the game? Obviously, if people were on the verge of retirement in real life at the point of October 2001, a retirement in this mod makes sense - but things like sudden retirements or deaths being altered would make the mod all the more fun, in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Shmoe;253297]Oh, after looking at the original Fall and all the title histories being "Unknown" I was wondering if you were going to alter that?[/QUOTE] I'm not Tommy, but I'll go out on a limb anyway and say "Title histories will be included." The world titles, at the very least, since he's already posted those histories within the thread.

Archived