[HYPE] AFTER The Fall~!

They rose after [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22591"]The Fall[/URL]..... They suffered through the biggest downturn in professional wrestling history... They survived the instantaneous collapse of the largest wrestling empire ever... And now, four years later, in the Year 2005... [B]They're going to do it all over again. [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/538/afterthefallpr1.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]Coming soon....[/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #1 - The AWF [/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7145/awfmj7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B]The Bio[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]Thought by many to be the federation to inherit the 'Sports Entertainment' crowd, the AWF is the brainchild of long-time friends[B] Hulk Hogan[/B] and [B]Eric Bischoff[/B]. In the years that followed The Fall, the AWF became a global wrestling powerhouse, thanks in part to the enormous success of a feud between Hogan and[B] The Rock[/B]. A talent raid of FPW and the addition of a Cruiserweight division in 2004 also bolstered the promotion. In July 2005, the AWF held Independence Day IV, the largest wrestling event of the Post-Fall era. However, while the AWF is a global wrestling powerhouse, it still faces a challenge from its rival [B]Fusion Pro Wrestling (FPW)[/B].[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Talent Raid [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [IMG]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3893/goldberghd9.jpg[/IMG] At the beginning of 2004, a promising AWF upper mid-carder by the name of [B]Sean O'Haire[/B] jumped to FPW. This turned a friendly rivalrly into an all-out war between the two promotions. With a fat bank balance and a thirst for blood, Eric Bischoff launched a talent raid on FPW. In a matter of weeks, he had signed [B]Jeff Hardy, Bradshaw, Sean Waltman, Shannon Moore and Maven[/B]. A few months later, a contract dispute saw [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] jump ship to the AWF also, and he was soon followed by none other than [B]Kurt Angle[/B], who had been in FPW since 2003. [/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][b]The Cruiserweight Division[/b][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [IMG]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/147/reymysterio2ry8.jpg[/IMG] In February 2004, after months of negotiations, Hogan and Bischoff finally secured the services of one [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B]. This was Rey's first appearance in the 'Big Three', after working for Pro Wrestling Reborn stateside and the AAA in Mexico. And, with their crown jewel in place, the AWF began a Cruiserweight division, to counter the success of FPW's (and the NWA's X-Division). With a strong Latino fanbase, Bischoff worked some of his old magic, signing luchadors like [B]Psicosis [/B]and [B]Super Crazy [/B]to enhance the roster.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"] [b]The Power Ten[/b][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7964/brocklesnarnb1.jpg[/IMG] [B]1. Brock Lesnar [/B]- AWF's Franchise Star [B]2. Bill Goldberg[/B] - The hot new signing, on a collision course with Lesnar [B]3. The Canadian Mafia - Adam Copeland (Edge), Chris Jericho and Andrew 'Test' Martin.[/B] With World, IC and Tag Titles amongst them, they are the most successful stable in AWF history. [B]4. Kurt Angle[/B] - After stints in the NWA and FPW, Angle made the switch to the AWF, for dream matches with Lesnar and Goldberg. [B]5. John Cena[/B] - AWF's homegrown star, on the cusp of superstardom. [B]6. The Giant [/B]- An AWF mainstay since the beginning. A feud with Lesnar helped make him a star. [B]7. Jeff Jarrett[/B] - Jumped from the NWA in 2005, to join his father Jerry in the promotion. [B]8. 4-X[/B] - The coolest stable in the world, or at least that's what the kids tell me. The Hardyz, Rey Mysterio and Carlito Colon form the group, and sell more T-Shirts than anybody in the company. [B]9. John Bradshaw Layfield[/B] - A decent run in FPW as a tough Texan turned into gold in the AWF, when he ditched the long hair for a suit and tie. A solid upper mid-carder. [B]10. MNM[/B] - No, not Mercuy, Nitro and Melina - [B]M[/B]ark Jindrak, Johnny [B]N[/B]itro and Dawn [B]M[/B]arie! The hottest (literally) tag team in the AWF.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][b]World Champions[/b][/SIZE] [QUOTE]1. The Rock - Nov. 2001 2. The Giant - Jan. 2002 3. Chris Jericho - Feb. 2002 4. The Rock (2) - June. 2002 5. Hulk Hogan - Sep. 2002 6. Kane - Nov. 2002 7. The Rock (3) - Feb. 2003 8. Chris Jericho (2) - May 2003 9. Scott Steiner - Aug. 2003 10. Hulk Hogan (2) - Oct. 2003 11. The Rock (4) - Nov. 2003 12. Brock Lesnar - Apr. 2004 13. Hulk Hogan (3) - Sep. 2004 14. Brock Lesnar (2) - Nov. 2004 15. The Rock (5) - Feb. 2005 16. Brock Lesnar (3) - Mar. 2005[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;247997]WHAT!!!! Another Fall...what's this one going to be like?[/QUOTE] Hehe, I kinda worded the opening post badly. There's not going to be another FALL, all the promotions are going pretty well. Lots of war though. Another Fall would just be sad and evil, hehe. And as you can see above, I'll be doing little spotlights on each promotion as the days go on. Next will be FPW, then the NWA.

[QUOTE=soccergalaxy13;248039]Another Fall would be stupid. I mean, all of the cult promotion break up into like 500 local promotions, with talent like SCSA and Golberg..... Forget what I said about it being stupid, that would be freaking awesome.[/QUOTE] If I understand right... the first one was "The Fall" and this one is "[i]After[/i] The Fall" This one is the same world, a few years later... Right? Tommy?

Wow I can't wait for this, surprised to see the hype thread for this as I logged in, have to say that this is the mod I've been waiting for 4 ages now and I would expect that it turns out as good as I hoped :) Sounds great with what's going on in AWF

[B][SIZE="4"]Promotion Spotlight #2 - FPW[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5222/fpwtk7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]The Bio[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Formed by [B]Shane McMahon, Steve Austin[/B] and a group of WWF loyalists after The Fall, FPW has grown to become a global company in just four years. A talent raid from the AWF in 2004 decimated the company's roster, however this was offset by the signing of [B]Chris Benoit[/B] in 2003 and the return of [B]Shawn Michaels[/B] to active competition later that year. Over the past four years, FPW has been known for producing some of the best matches of the post-Fall era. While it lacks the overwhelming star power of the AWF, FPW makes up for it with a roster full of proven names and young talent.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Returns[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/197/chrisbenoit2oz5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After losing names like [B]Brock Lesnar [/B]and [B]Kurt Angle[/B] to the AWF, and after the retirement of [B]'Stone Cold' Steve Austin[/B], FPW would seem to be in a precarious position. However, the company has soldiered on. In 2003, they signed [B]Chris Benoit[/B], and in October of that year made him a mega-star when he defeated Steve Austin in the final match of his career. The return of [B]Shawn Michaels [/B]revitalised the main-event scene, and matches with Benoit and [B]Tazz[/B], and the reformation of The Rockers with [B]Marty Jannetty[/B] produced wrestling gold. More recently, the signings of [B]Kane [/B]from the AWF and[B] Christian Cage [/B]from STAMPEDE has created a depth of talent never seen before in the company.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Samoan and The Legend[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9655/samoajoe2el0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Mick Foley[/B] and [B]Samoa Joe[/B] have a long history, thanks to a two-year feud in Pro Wrestling Reborn After The Fall. After their feud concluded in that promotion, Foley brought Joe into FPW as his protege in 2004. Of course, it didn't last long. Joe viciously turned on his mentor, and from 2004-2005, The Samoan Submission Machine went on a rampage in FPW. He defeated Foley again, then Tazz, then the departing Goldberg, in a push some think was reserved for Brock Lesnar before his departure. In October 2005, Samoa Joe is on a collision course with two men - [B]Chris Benoit[/B] and the FPW World Heavyweight Champion [B]Shawn Michaels[/B]. But can either man stop him?[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power Ten[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5181/theundertaker2005ay6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]#1 - Samoa Joe[/B] - See above. [B]#2 - Shawn Michaels[/B] - The FPW World Champ, and the company's top face. [B]#3 - Team Benoit[/B] - No, Chris didnt change his first name. This is Benoit's stable, consisting of himself and his two apprentices - Bryan Danielson and Brent Albright. [B]#4 - The Undertaker[/B] - The Phenom still lives in FPW. [B]#5 - The New Church[/B] - Led by Father James Mitchell, this group consists of the freshly-turned-heel Kane, Leviathan and 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, and are dedicated to the final destruction of The Undertaker. [B]#6 - Bob Sapp[/B] - 'Godzilla' is freshly signed from Japan, but is yet to debut in the promotion. Regardless, it is difficult to imagine him not being a success. [B]#7 - Alex Shelley[/B] - The winner of the 2005 Rising Star competition, Shelley is FPW's hottest mid-card act. [B]#8 - Christian Cage[/B] - A mega-star for Stampede, Cage has made the jump Stateside to prove himself in FPW. [B]#9 - The A-List[/B] - This Melina-led stable consists of Shelton Benjamin, Frankie Kazarian and Austin Starr, and is quickly making a name in the company. [B]#10 - Kevin Nash[/B] - The World's Greatest Colour Commentator.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]World Champions[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/969/shawnmichaelsmo3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] 1. Tazz - Dec. 2001 2. Bill Goldberg - July 2002 3. Steve Austin - Sep. 2002 4. Tazz (2) - Dec. 2002 5. The Undertaker - Mar. 2003 6. Tazz (3) - Jun. 2003 7. Kurt Angle - Jun. 2003 8. Chris Benoit - Oct. 2003 9. Booker T - Mar. 2004 10. Kurt Angle (2) - July 2004 11. Shawn Michaels - Nov. 2004 12. Chris Benoit (2) - Feb. 2005 13. Shawn Michaels (2) - Aug. 2005[/QUOTE]

Yes! Thank you tommy this is great! Can't wait for number 3. Edit: Thought I'd put more depth into my post, first of all I like both promotions that you have listed so far. And regardless of AWF having a big push on one of my favourite Main Event wrestlers from WWE (Brock Lesnar) I am no doubt going to be playing as FPW. FPW is very well done and the push of the Samoan Submission Machine makes it even better, I'm a huge TNA and huge Joe fan so giving him the belt will be my first goal when I start a game as FPW. I will probabley try most of the main promotions, but it matters how NWA is going to see which one I start first.

My vision for FPW is quite different, but I'm still in April 2002. Who knows what the next three years will have in store. This future version of FPW (or at least "future" compared to the original) seems quite sound. I like it.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;248554]Jericho is in the AWF in The Canadian Mafia Storm is a mid-carder in FPW And The Rock is making movies :)[/QUOTE] How about CM Punk? He still in PWR, or did he go make his star elsewhere? In my game, I signed Punk to FPW in the first week of the game (October 2001), and currently (April 2002), he's been FPW World Champion twice (he lost to Undertaker in a case where I blame confusion between Cheap Finish and Tainted Win) and has an A* popularity in all US regions. Though, I can understand having Punk and Joe in FPW would make things a bit unfair ;)

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;248571]Punk features in two feds, one of which is PWR :) I understand lots of people have Punk-love, so I've tried to treat him with care.[/QUOTE] I never saw Punk before his run in WWE. To be honest, I signed him to FPW in hopes that he'd be a future star in a year or two. I never expected him to shoot up the ranks so quickly. My booking staff told me that he's a rising star and should be given a lot of wins. So I did that. In no time, he was in the main event, winning the FPW World title in January 2002. Either I'm really good, or it was just too easy to make him into a major star. I signed him to a PPA at $700 an appearance, but when I tried to give him a raise, he wants over $4,000. Austin won't let me pay him that. But I have a little over two months left on Punk's current deal, so I'm desperately hoping I can hit National before that. Though I doubt it.

Archived