[HYPE] AFTER The Fall~!

this mod is supposed to be based in 2005. if you would've asked any body back then if they thought Chris Benoit could do something like he did they would've said no. it's also an alternate universe and maybe in an alternate universe he wouldn't have done what he did.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=The-619;252052]It's most likely related to steriods, I'm still a big fan of the Crippler as he was one of my favourite wrestlers even though I don't agree with the way he went I don't think you should change your plans for him in this mod.[/QUOTE] He was one of my favorites, too, but I've got to say that I'd have an awful lot of trouble trying to play as FPW if he's one of the major players.

[QUOTE=rd_dbacks01;252048]this mod is supposed to be based in 2005. if you would've asked any body back then if they thought Chris Benoit could do something like he did they would've said no. it's also an alternate universe and maybe in an alternate universe he wouldn't have done what he did.[/QUOTE] Exactly. Give us the man we thought he was. Removing him from the game will not undo what happened nor will it condone his actions.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;252044]Wacky idea, maybe, but there might be a person or two you could use to replace Benoit. Maybe you could put Lance Storm in the "veteran technician with his own stable" role? He was destined for big things before WCW's closure, after all. But if you do that, "Team Storm" would probably have more Canadian influence... which could force you to turn Albright and Danielson into Generic Hot Young Tag Team and bring in some guys like Petey Williams and Eric Young to be Storm's lackeys.[/QUOTE] I think Benoit had a much bigger Canadian fanbase than Storm. Benoit being an Alberta native and all. I had the idea of putting Christian Cage in Benoit's role. Make it an up-and-coming group of wrestlers. But, I do agree with the others that Benoit should be kept in. It takes place in an alternate universe 2005, after all. If people don't want him in such a position, they can erase him themselves with the editor. Or maybe alternate Workers, Stables, etc. files could be included.

[QUOTE=Rams;252069]Exactly. Give us the man we thought he was. Removing him from the game will not undo what happened nor will it condone his actions.[/QUOTE] Removing him from the game was never floated as an option, and would be stupid. But I'm no longer comfortable with Benoit in a position of prominence in FPW. I like the idea of a Team Storm, Christian is also a good one but I think Danielson and Albright would fit better with Lance as he's more in the mould of Benoit. Cage is also freshly signed from Stampede, so I want to let the user figure out what to do with him rather than tell them 'You signed him from Stampede, and now he's the boss of this stable'.

[QUOTE=The-619;252052]It's most likely related to steriods[/QUOTE] wrong. The police determined that it was NOT related to steriods. While steriods were found in the home, so were perscription meds. But the police deterimined that "roid rage" wasn't the case. Wanting to remove Benoit as a result of people not having the facts and only relying on what they're told is rather foolish, whereas back during EWR, Ravex removed Rob Feinstein due to an incident that WAS proven. But both cases were/would be unnecessary and very childish.

You do know the only people who've even mentioned removing Benoit from the game are the people who are saying 'Don't remove Benoit from the game'? It's not being considered, the aim of this discussion is to find ways to minimise his involvement in the game world.

[SIZE="4"][B]Promotion Spotlight #6 - Pro Wrestling Reborn [/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2062/pwrvc8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"]The Bio[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE]Not even The Fall could see Jim Kettner and ECWA off. The home of the Super 8 was one of the few promotions to survive, albeit under a different name. Workers such as Jerry Lynn, RVD and Rey Mysterio helped the promotion grow in its first year, and PWR has carved out a solid niche for itself. In the last few years however, PWR has seen some of its finest talent, such as Samoa Joe and Low Ki, jump ship to the 'Big Three'. It now faces an uncertain future with a largely unproven roster.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"] The Best Of The Future[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2853/christopherdaniels2pp6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was PWR's slogan since inception, and rings true today. In the space of a few short years, PWR has made stars out of men like Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson and Low-Ki. No other promotion, except perhaps the NWA, can boast such a reputation. However, once these names left the promotion, PWR struggled. Although they had made new stars like [B]Joey Matthews and Colt Cabana[/B], and had a red-hot headliner in [B]CM Punk[/B], fan interest declined. PWR went from the talk of the wrestling industry to just another well-respected indy. With talent such as Ken Doane, Larry Sweeney and Sonjay Dutt, many think PWR can bounce back, but just as many doubt it will ever reach the heights of 2002 and 2003.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Names[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7484/davetaylorih0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] With Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio Jr, Mick Foley, Nova and Jerry Lynn on the roster in 2001, PWR was an indy dream-match mecca. RVD vs Mysterio, Mysterio vs Daniels, Danielson vs Lynn and of course, Mick Foley vs Samoa Joe sold out houses and clogged online tape trading sites. However, in 2005, only Lynn and Nova remain, and PWR has chosen to focus on new talent rather than proven talent. With one exception - [B]Dave Taylor[/B]. Yes, that Dave Taylor. He arrived in PWR in 2005, to 'straighten out' the next generation of wrestlers, and has become a PWR star as a matwork-obsessed heel, and in a tag team with fellow Brit Doug Williams.[/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]The Power Ten [/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6346/cmpunknd4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]1. CM Punk[/b] - The Straight Edge Superstar is the franchise player of PWR, but having just signed a contract with the NWA, he may not be there much longer... [B]2. Colt Cabana [/B]- Punk's partner in The Second City Saints, and PWR's ultimate babyface. Beloved by even the most hardcore fans. [B]3. Joey Matthews[/B] - Had tag runs in Stampede and FPW with Christian York, before becoming a singles star in PWR. The promotion's top heel. [B]4. Ken Doane [/B]- Although, Ken Doane might beg to differ. Anybody who looks at Doane knows he will be a star, and he is the reigning PWR Universal Champ. Forms a team with Joey Matthews. [B]5. Dave Taylor[/B] - See above. [B] 6. Larry Sweeney [/B]- Was an star in RevX, thanks to his charisma, and is now one of the most popular figures in PWR. [B]7. Jerry Lynn[/B] - The promotion's co-founder can still go. [B]8. GenNext[/B] - Jimmy Rave and Matt Sydal form PWR's most arrogant tag team. [B] 9. Chris Hero[/B] - A solid upper-midcarder in PWR, and a promotion mainstay. [B]10. Bill Alfonso[/B] - Fonzie returned to the industry after a hiatus, and is currently scouting in PWR for a new stable. [/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"] Universal Champions[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3463/kennydykstrain0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] 1. Rob Van Dam - Nov. 2001 2. Rey Mysterio Jr. - Mar. 2002 3. Christopher Daniels - Jul. 2002 4. Rob Van Dam (2) - Nov. 2002. 5. Jerry Lynn - Nov. 202 6. Bryan Danielson - Jan. 2003 7. Samoa Joe - Jun. 2003 8. CM Punk - Feb. 2004 9. Joey Matthews - Aug. 2004 10. CM Punk (2) - Nov. 2004 11. Joey Matthews (2) - Feb. 2005 12. Colt Cabana - Jun. 2005 13. Ken Doane - Sep. 2005[/QUOTE]

I just recently started playing your orginal data for "The Fall" and I simply have to put. It is an amazing mod man. I haven't been able to play TEW2007 in quite sometime, cause I loss my lisence and when it was reissued, it was to an e-mail address I can't remember. So, I was looking at mods and The Fall caught my eye and made me decide to buy the game for a second time. It was defentily worth every penny just for that mod alone. I'm about two years into my game and I am hoping to be around the same time frame that the newest version is released in. I think it will be a hell of alot of fun to compare my data to the data you made. Thank you for such an awesome mod and keep up the great work man.

Do what your heart tells you to do Tommy. That's the only way you will be happy and at your best. Forget what anyone else "thinks" and go with what you feel comfortable with. For the record, people can change anything up they want to after downloading it, so just do what's in your heart here.

Awww :o Nah, that's what I've done basically. I switched Team Benoit to Team MALENKO~! (Dean has gone from a Road Agent to the World's Least Charismatic Manager), got rid of the bit where Benoit retired Austin and deleted most of his title reigns. I also dropped his popularity to just below 90 (he was one of FPW's biggest stars before that), so if people don't want to use him they're not missing a great deal.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;252701]Awww :o Nah, that's what I've done basically. I switched Team Benoit to Team MALENKO~! (Dean has gone from a Road Agent to the World's Least Charismatic Manager), got rid of the bit where Benoit retired Austin and deleted most of his title reigns. I also dropped his popularity to just below 90 (he was one of FPW's biggest stars before that), so if people don't want to use him they're not missing a great deal.[/QUOTE] Good idea! I would have probably used someone other than Malenko...but still a good idea!

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;252701]Awww :o Nah, that's what I've done basically. I switched Team Benoit to Team MALENKO~! (Dean has gone from a Road Agent to the World's Least Charismatic Manager), got rid of the bit where Benoit retired Austin and deleted most of his title reigns. I also dropped his popularity to just below 90 (he was one of FPW's biggest stars before that), so if people don't want to use him they're not missing a great deal.[/QUOTE] And I always thought Malenko was a mute.

May I first ask whom does those cage pictures? Therefore I might be able to get some. Second of all, does that mean that all of the people pictures have to be attatched? I'm going to download the first "Fall" so that I can get a feel of what this one is going to be like, and this one looks phenomenal.

Oh, also, I don't think that Benoit should have been dropped the way you did it. Let's face it, I have no respect left for the guy (as can be expected when a double homicide happens) but back in 2005, I had a helluva lot and it was the furthest thing from the mind that Benoit could have done. So I think, that seeing as even if in the future of the Fall it would happen, it wouldn't in 2005, and therefore he should have been kept as he was.

Archived