What Theme Should The Next Mafia Game Be?

mjdgoldeneye

What Theme Should The Next Mafia Game Be?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Theme Should The Next Mafia Game Be?

• CornellVerse Themed
    • WWE Themed
    • TNA, RoH, or Other Real World Fed Themed (Specify)
    • Sports Themed (Specify)
    • Buffy/Angel Universe Themed
    • Harry Potter Themed
    • The Simpsons Themed
    • Transformers Themed
    • Star Wars Themed
    • General Pop Culture Themed
    • "General (Sci-Fi) Chaos" Themed
    • Other (Specify)

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;258727]Sorry, SadisticBlessings, but I figured it didn't matter who posts this... Choose from the list of already suggested themes, or suggest a new one. Majority vote rules! Anyone who has played or wants to play in this one can vote![/QUOTE] Actually I'm glad you posted it, as I've been avoiding posting several threads devoted to Mafia (This type of poll, "The Reunion Thread" suggested by PeterHilton) to keep from cluttering the board - but I certainly can't stop [b]you[/b] from doing it, can I? :D [QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;258742]i chose the real world thing cuz it has alot of poepl as well .. and well im not that big a fan of Star Wars .. and dont say i like Star Trek cuz that is the worst thing ever made imo[/QUOTE] I wouldn't say Star Trek was the [i]worst[/i] thing ever made... sauerkraut has been around for [I]centuries[/I], for one. But trust me, we won't be running a Star Trek themed game. Star Wars, I dunno - I had a feeling it'd be hit or miss with people, but it certainly has enough characters and I know I could get into it given it was my biggest childhood obsession. :D

I voted for CVerse for several reasons. -This is the site wich houses the Cverse - I think it helps draw in new people to using the Cverse and being more intrested in it is a good thing. -Cverse Rocks -I think we could get another Series or two out of the Cverse before we start using other gimmicks -If you are that intrested in playing other theme games go out to those type of sites and find that theme game with people who intrest include Star Wars and what not

[QUOTE=machinesxe;258752]I voted for CVerse for several reasons. -This is the site wich houses the Cverse - I think it helps draw in new people to using the Cverse and being more intrested in it is a good thing. -Cverse Rocks -I think we could get another Series or two out of the Cverse before we start using other gimmicks -If you are that intrested in playing other theme games go out to those type of sites and find that theme game with people who intrest include Star Wars and what not[/QUOTE]I have to agree with this. We could take on the Japan scene next. Instead of Mafia - Yakuza.

I wouldn't mind an all-encompassing real world fed game. I have the plotline all planned out: Vince would be killed, and wrestlers from all over would try to find out who did it and such, with the don of one family being Triple H, Bischoff (sp), Heyman, or even someone like Jeff Jarrett. The other (if there is more than one family) can be any of the ones mentioned. I have a huge brainstorm going on in my head, so if this idea gets picked, I wouldn't mind being narrator (or, preferably co-narrator, seeing as I may get busy if this lasts until school starts in September...) so SB can play... Maybe me and Adam can work together? I'll put together the roles and distribution of stuff, and he can do write-ups and stuff (we can help each other, obviously...).

I voted for C-Verse, because I too feel like there's more that can be done there, before we move on. I'd also love to see what roles Ryland could come up with, for his own creations. While I'm not against doing anything else, this game got me more interested in the C-Verse, something I've never really sat down and played, due to not knowing much about anyone at all.

Crud... If anything, I DON'T want to do another CVerse... I know almost nothing about it, and it doesn't interest me in general. I just think that something like a real world fed based game, or even Star Wars, would be easier for people to relate to and judge from. If someone was revealed to be Brother Ray, you'd expect someone to be Brother Devon. In CVerse, I have no idea what people's relations to each other are, and I'm almost always lost. I wasn't kidding about not knowing who Eisen was until I looked him up... Plus, it would be fresh and new. Another CVerse would be boring, IMO...

Just a quick suggestion. Perhaps we end this poll tonight or tomorrow sometime and open a new poll with the final 3/4 choices. I know there are some people who voted for something that likely won't win but also wouldn't mind doing one of the other themes but can obviously only vote once. Just a suggestion, I'll go away now.

I just thought of another option. One I think'd be awesome. GDS Mafia. Roles would be like. Someone could get Arrows, brilliant Mafia Strategist. Have something that works with the strategist concept. Wallbanger, the gun toting bad boy townie. Would be the PGO. And so on.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;258743]I think that a wrestling themed game would probably have characters from most major companies. No need to distinguish a WWE game from TNA or ROH, etc.[/QUOTE] Agreed, for example Bret Hart could have some sort of block ability on HBK or Vince McMahon etc.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;258769]Crud... If anything, I DON'T want to do another CVerse... I know almost nothing about it, and it doesn't interest me in general. I just think that something like a real world fed based game, or even Star Wars, would be easier for people to relate to and judge from. If someone was revealed to be Brother Ray, you'd expect someone to be Brother Devon. In CVerse, I have no idea what people's relations to each other are, and I'm almost always lost. I wasn't kidding about not knowing who Eisen was until I looked him up... Plus, it would be fresh and new. Another CVerse would be boring, IMO...[/QUOTE] I'm in the exact opposite camp. A WWE game would make me hurl irl. I voted C-Verse for the reasons other folks gave. Japan would rock IMO (but only if I wind up as Yoshimi :p), as would Canada, with a CGC vs NOTBPW theme. The problem you're expressing is similar to what folks who aren't WWE fans might face (not knowing who is who), like cappyboy for example. I'd have to go back and watch 6 movies and read about as many books to refresh my memory on Star Wars. I agree with others that this kinda thing is a perfect opportunity for folks not well versed in the Cornellverse, to become so.

[QUOTE=Arrows;258935]I just thought of another option. One I think'd be awesome. GDS Mafia. Roles would be like. Someone could get Arrows, brilliant Mafia Strategist. Have something that works with the strategist concept. Wallbanger, the gun toting bad boy townie. Would be the PGO. And so on.[/QUOTE] Actually, this is an idea that I've been toying with for a while (PeterHilton and I actually discussed it over PMs the other day)... but I was planning on waiting until 3.0 or later to run it, as I feel the theme itself is deserving of a game further down the line when the forum feels "ready" for it. So count on that being a theme for one of my games sooner or later! I'll be adding some optional rules, though, to make the game more interesting when it rolls around, so I wanted to wait until everyone gets the hang of things and keep it relatively simple for the first couple. :D

Even though I suggested the Buffy theme, I voted for another C-Verse game. The reasons: - plenty of scope with 1400+ characters - will hopefully get the non C-Verse players giving it a try in future without automatically dismissing it because "iT aiNT gOT CUrt ANGull IN It so C-veRSE SuKZ". :rolleyes: - we all have our own interpretations of the C-Verse characters which are open to debate so they can be manipulated slightly to fit into the Mafia game. With real world wrestlers there'd be no wriggle room for interpretation because their characters are laid out on TV for everyone to see. - my vote should count as two votes because I was on the winning team of the previous game. ;)

Guest Hamsalad
Hi all. I voted for the Simpsons, just because it is mandatory for me to back anything Simpsons-related if that is an option. I have no problems with any of the other leading themes and not too concerned with the theme in general. It seems to me that the theme is just window dressing that gives the story a general feeling. I might feel a little too dorky playing a Buffy theme, though.:D

Archived