After The Fall - RELEASED~!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went back to [b]The Fall[/b] ([i]not[/i] After The Fall), and I used an auto-clicker to simulate it. While simulating, I decided to bring it up to Monday, Week 1, October 2005 (the start of After The Fall) and see what happened. I know a few of you probably have run similar sims, but no two games are identical. I don't think I can go over all the title histories, but I'll try to hit a few notables. I'll start with the most depressing topic. [u]Deaths[/u] Freddie Blassie - Feb. 2002 Jake Roberts - May 2002 Stu Hart - May 2002 Rocco Rock - August 2002 Chris Adams - September 2004 Iron Sheik - March 2005 Jimmy Valiant - March 2005 Mae Young - May 2005 Eddie Guerrero - October 2005 (the current day of the game) [u]Promotions[/u] All Japan Pro Wrestling - National, B+ Prestige, Owner: Matoko Baba, Booker: Jushin "Thunder" Lyger American Wrestling Federation - Cult, B- Prestige, Owner: Horace Hogan, Booker: Paul Heyman AAA - Global, A Prestige, Owner: Antonio Pena, Booker: El Hijo Del Santo Border City Wrestling - Cult, B- Prestige, Owner: Scott D'Amore, Booker: JJ Dillon California Wrestling League - Small, F Prestige, Owner: Rick Bassman, Booker: David Lagana Championship Wrestling From Memphis - Out of business (March 2003), Regional, D+ Prestige CMLL - Global, A* Prestige, Owner: Francisco Lutteroth, Booker: Savio Vega Empire State Wrestling - Out of business (February 2003), Regional, D- Prestige Fusion Pro Wrestling - National, B+ Prestige, Owner: Steve Austin, Booker: Shane McMahon Golden State Wrestling - Regional, C Prestige, Owner: Harley Race, Booker: Dutch Mantell Legends of Wrestling - Cult, B- Prestige, Owner: Jimmy Hart, Booker: Glen Gilberti Lone Star Wrestling - Regional, C+ Prestige, Owner: Danny Davis, Booker: Bill Watts Major League Wrestling - Regional, E Prestige, Owner: Paul Heyman, Booker: Ray Sager National Wrestling Alliance - National, A Prestige, Owner: David Flair, Booker: Jerry Jarrett New England Wrestling - Regional, E+ Prestige, Owner: Frank Iadeavia, Booker: Rick Bassman New Japan Pro Wrestling - National, A Prestige, Owner: Antonio Inoki, Booker: Kouki Kitahara Pro Wrestling NOAH - National, B+ Prestige, Owner: Mitsuhara Misawa, Booker: Manami Toyota Pro Wrestling Reborn - Global, A* Prestige, Owner: Jim Kettner, Booker: Gabe Sapolsky Revolution-X Pro Wrestling - Cult, C+ Prestige, Owner: Kevin Kleinrock, Booker: American Wild Child Stampede Wrestling - National, B Prestige, Owner: Bret Hart, Booker: Bruce Hart The Extreme - Cult, B- Prestige, Owner: John Zandig, Booker: Tommy Dreamer New-WOW - Regional, D+ Prestige, Owner: Tod Gordon, Booker: Vince Russo [u]Championship Highlights[/u] The FPW Rising Star tournament title has yet to be decided, even once, in the first four years. Raven is 3 time FPW World Champion, while Sting is 2-time champ, and current holder. Raven is the current holder of the FPW United States Championship. Both Dudleys have held the US title twice. The Sandman is the current AWF Intercontinental Champion. Glen Jacobs (Kane) is the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion. The current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Champions are Katsuyori Shibata and Chris Jericho. The current PWR Universal Tag Champs are Samoa Joe and Taz. [u]Randomness[/u] Yes, Paul Heyman owns MLW, and books AWF. David Flair owns NWA, but also wrestles for BCW and CWL. The Undertaker retired, and is currently a color commentator for NWA. Alexis Laree (Micky James in WWE) failed a steroid test. Ultimate Warrior returned to wrestling in February 2003. He would go on to retire in July 2003. He has yet to be employed. Jeff Hardy started making movies in 2002. I think that's about it.

[QUOTE=The-619;293072]Wow now that's interesting. PWR the only Global company! Lmao, Horace Hogan owning the AWF, David Flair owning the NWA, Taker a color commentator are all crazy lol. I might do this myself or something similar because it's never going to be the same.[/QUOTE] Actually, AAA and CMLL are Global, as well (not to mention the only Mexican promotions). But, PWR went from Regional to Global, while AWF has stayed at Cult, and FPW only got to National. Also, the PWR Tag Champs, Samoa Joe and Taz, has to be the best tag team I've ever seen. That's like a dream team. Also of note, Shawn Stasiak is the PWR Universal Champion. Shawn Michaels is unemployed. David Flair is injured with a twisted knee. Glen Gilberti, the former Disco Inferno, is in the main event in PWR, LoW, and FPW, with an A* popularity in all US territories. Glen has held the FPW Tag titles (with D'Lo, as the tag team called Legion of Death), The Extreme World title (twice), and The Extreme Tag titles (with Shawn Stasiak), as well as LoW World and Tag titles (with Alex Wright). Marty Jannetty and Bill Goldberg are FPW Tag champs. Evan Karagias is FPW Light Heavyweight champ. In NWA, Team Fly is Mike Awesome and Glen Jacobs. Also in NWA, there is a team called The Scooby Gang, which is Kid Kash and Ultimo Dragon.

I just ran a sim of [b]After The Fall[/b], until September 2008. I meant for it to be September 2007, but I guess I let the auto-clicker run too long. So, let's get on with it. (With promotions, I'm just going to use the initials, just to keep the writing minimal.) [u]Deaths[/u] Brian Lawler - January 2006 Viscera - February 2006 Warlord - March 2006 Dennis Rodman - May 2006 Mae Young - May 2006 Lex Luger - June 2006 New Jack - April 2007 Steven Regal - May 2007 The Sheik - June 2007 Raven - September 2007 Randy Savage - November 2007 The Iron Sheik - March 2008 Sean Waltman - July 2008 Nicole Bass - August 2008 [u]Promotions - (Promotion - Size, Prestige, Owner, Booker)[/u] A-CPW - Cult, C+, Armand Rougeau, Jacques Rougeau AJPW - National, B+, Motoko Baba, Jushin Thunder Liger AWA - Cult, B-, Dale Gange (real name Dale Gagner), Michael Hayes AWF - Global, A*, Horace Hogan, Hulk Hogan AAA - International, D, Antonio Pena, Ultimo Dragon CWL - Small, F, Rick Bassman, Tod Gordon CWM - Regional, D, Bankrupt (September 2006) CMLL - Global, A*, Francisco Lutteroth, Savio Vega ESW - Regional, D+, Bankrupt (May 2007) EVAD - Small, E-, Bankrupt (October 2006) FPW - Global, A*, Steve Austin, Shane McMahon GSW - Regional, C, Harley Race, Dutch Mantell LoW - Cult, C+, Jimmy Hart, Scott D'Amore LSW - Regional, C, Danny Davis, Bill Watts NWA - Global, A*, David Flair, Paul Heyman NEW - Cult, C+, Bruce Prichard, Tom Prichard NJPW - National, A, Antonio Inoki, Kouki Kitahara NOAH - National, B, Mitsuhara Misawa, Aja Kong PWR - National, B+, Jim Kettner, Gabe Sapolsky RevX - Regional, C-, Kevin Kleinrock, American Wild Child Stampede - International, A*, Bret Hart, Bruce Hart EXTREME - Cult, C+, John Zandig, Tommy Dreamer Wrestling For Shoes - Small, E+, Bankrupt (October 2006) [u]Championship Highlights[/u] The Stampede Canadian Heavyweight Champion is Davey Richards. The Stampede Television Champion is Chad Collyer. And together, they are the Stampede Canadian Tag Team Champions. With the Stampede Women's title retired, they hold all the gold. In FPW, Simon Diamond is World Champ, while Bob Sapp and Triple H are the Tag champs. In the NWA, Tazz is the NWA World Champion. The NWA Tag Champs are Chavo and Eddie Guerrero. [u]Randomness[/u] The Rock returned to wrestling in February 2006. He is still unemployed. Dennis Condrey failed a steroid test in December 2005. In August 2006, Wagner Brown was jailed for two years for perjury. The Amazing Red failed a steroid test in May 2006. Kurt Angle started making movies in February 2006. Violent J overdosed in September 2007. After EVAD folded, "Woyah" signed with Stampede, where he's currently a manager. And that's it.

• 2 months later...
411 [url]http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/63179/Your-Viral-Dose-of-Reality-11.13.07:-Youre-a-Thief-and-Nothing-More.htm[/url] [QUOTE] [B][U]Wrestling: Simulated[/U][/B] The thing that always draws me in – really just getting me into the concept of being a wrestling fan, much like everyone else, is the fantasy concept of this industry. Maybe it's true of every sports fan where we all begin to wonder what it would be like if we were in charge; making the big moves to bring in talent to help our franchise, to put on the better shows or win the big games, and basically being the big honcho sitting atop the world, regarded simply as a genius. Basically, what's rejuvenating me at the moment is Total Extreme Wrestling 2007, a wrestling simulation game created by Adam Ryland and distributed by [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/../"]Grey Dog Software[/URL]. Thirty-five dollars worth of programming genius that allows me total control of the wrestling world, backed by a strong, dedicated community that create databases and mods to emulate the real world stats of the wrestling industry. The reason I feel compelled to talk about this, and get people to give a damn about this software if they're interested in wrestling simulators, like the hacky sims in the THQ games, SmackDown! vs. Raw franchise, is because the fun of this game is you can literally create any type of reality you want. [B]One of the more well known mods within the gaming community is known as ‘After the Fall' a scenario which drifts back to 2001 and retells the story of the WWF's purchase of WCW, ending with a federal investigation, a massive fine against the WWF for illegal practices to buy the former rivaling promotion and the end of the McMahon era in wrestling. The scenario gets pretty wonky as it unveils a myriad of created promotions that are run by a veritable list of who's-who in the industry, but I'm not trying to sell the pack, but rather the concept behind the modification.[/B] I've always screamed about how much better wrestling would have been if the WWF had folded up shop during the steroid scandal, or after that when they were struggling to find a formula to break up the monotony of a Hogan-less product that the fans were clearly apathetic towards, even after getting their wants and desires in a Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels main event run. But the effects of the WWF, then, are what make this industry what it is currently. The reason we have so much emphasis within this industry, and have so many people claiming to be wrestling fans, and so many promotions cropping up to try and capitalize on the large market, is because of the WWF and their war with WCW during the late 90's. That Monday Night War is what makes wrestling today so profitable for us all to enjoy. While many indy promotions draw their influence from ECW, without the WWF – despite killing the territory system and crippling the indy scene to the point it was almost non-existent – there wouldn't be much of an industry today. After all, most of these promotions are trying to capitalize upon the casual fans who are drawn in by the WWE product and were fans during the Monday Night Wars, because it's believed they are numerous. The reason I say that is because, as [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/TSlay1974"]Truthslayer[/URL] of YouTube, that the reason behind the large ratings during the Monday Night War isn't because there were more people tuning in to the show, but rather that the fans that were already watching were flipping back and forth between the two shows which inflated the numbers some. Grant it, obviously more fans did jump in on the craze, as before '97, the two big promotions weren't able to completely fill every arena they attend to full capacity, every single night. That would suggest that new fans, or returning old fans, were coming to support the products, but they weren't as numerous as the Neilson ratings would suggest. Of course, there's no way to really prove that as Neilson's rating system can't count individual or unique households watching a full program as opposed to what channel their unit is set to during the quarter blocks. It's all just improvable theory at the moment, much like most things related to this industry. So while I play my game, bringing the NWA to international fame that rivals the WWE's current success – minus all the scandals and negative media attention – I'll let you sit and contemplate what the real truths of the wrestling industry is: would there be a crop of Ring of Honor type promotions out there, today, if the WWE had closed its doors down for the final time?[/QUOTE] Just out of the blue searched for Total Extreme Wrestling on 411 and found this.

• 4 months later...
Guest Bolton
I have to say this is an awesome mod. Being able to make the NWA the global powerhouse of the wrestling world is an fantastic experience. Unfortunately Randy Orton demanded too much for ol' Flair. :(

Archived