After The Fall - RELEASED~!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=tommytomlin;273687]Aww thanks guys :)[/QUOTE] I think I'm still going to hold off until version 1.1 of this mod before I go any further with it. To keep me busy, I'm trying to complete a full year of the original The Fall mod. Yes, I play very slowly compared to most people on this board. Currently, I'm trying to get some talented guys to help bring the younger stars of FPW up to the top. I signed Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm, Ultimo Dragon (who can only appear on PPVs, as the New Japan taping schedule conflicts with mine :mad: ), and a few others. I've found Kanyon and Storm have great chemistry as a tag team, so I may just bring the tag belts out of retirement and have them be a dominating team. I'm attempting to rebuild FPW as a promotion for younger wrestlers, and not reliant on the old guard. I'm hoping Kanyon and Storm will be great trainers. I must say that you've made a couple great mods here, Tommy. The whole "alternate reality" thing is a whole lot more entertaining than "real world" mods. (Not saying regular mods aren't fun, of course.)

Ssssssseerrriiiiooously Lucied, I don't like you waiting for 1.1 when it's still a few weeks away. Hardyz, Island Boyz, NWA November PPV and Flair/Triple H's relationship are the only glaring errors so far, you could fix that in 2 minutes. It makes me sad :(

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;273716]Ssssssseerrriiiiooously Lucied, I don't like you waiting for 1.1 when it's still a few weeks away. Hardyz, Island Boyz, NWA November PPV and Flair/Triple H's relationship are the only glaring errors so far, you could fix that in 2 minutes. It makes me sad :([/QUOTE] But...But...I'm having fun with The Fall. I'm enjoying the challenge of taking FPW national. I don't see why you'd be sad. I'm playing one of your mods while waiting for the other to be updated. Besides, you plan on messing with the stats a bit, right? That's not something I can fix. ;) I've noticed with this game and the previous one, that it bothers me when I get going in a game, then someone updates their mod with various changes and additions, and I'm unable to bring those changes into my save game. If I get started, then you change the stats so they're more realistic, I'm going to start cursing and start a new game to take advantage. It's not a guilt trip, really. It's not you, it's me. :D I know some people want to rush into playing it. But I'd rather wait until the more significant changes are out of the way. Don't worry about it. The Fall is more than enough for me right now. No big deal :)

I'm thinking of starting a diary up, maybe The Extreme or something but I'm switching comps so it couldn't be this game. You guys think this is a good idea? I'm just right at the moment thinking anything but the NWA cause that seems to be the most popular I'd like to try something different.

For those who care - The 1.1 Update is attached to the first post of the thread. It only contains the updated data, so just extract it to your Data/AfterTheFall directory and overwrite the existing files. Nothing major, I've dropped the stats for a few dozen workers, fixed some tag teams, events and relationships. And now 1.1 is out - I no longer care about any errors you find. :) Feel free to post them here, so people can fix their own copies if they see fit.

I've had a ton of fun playing NEW, making it this worlds Ring of Honor. Added a few key players, currently having amazing chemistry between Adam Pearce and El Generico, that's my main feud for the NEW strap, Matt Striker and Ace Darling are my other big feud, awesome chemistry there to. I put on my first B+ match between Petey Williams and Elix Skipper for Williams' strap in a ladder match. To much fun, can't wait to start over and correct some mistakes I've made booking wise with 1.1 comes out.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;277487]:confused: Post #81 Ping :)[/QUOTE] Hey Tommy. You going to make a quick 1.2 revision to include the GSW title history, as pointed out above? I checked, and GSW's belts have no history and no current champions. Was this intended? Or an oversight?

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;277577]Nope. As nobody can play as GSW or LoneStar, I don't consider their title history very important. I think I did LoneStar before realising it was pretty pointless.[/QUOTE] You can't play as child promotions? I never tried it...But, yeah, I guess it would be pointless. But now how do I know who to pick off from GSW, who isn't under a developmental contract? ;) Ah well. LSW for teh winz. GSW for teh sux. Heh. :p

A couple things I noticed. D-Von is still heel and Flair is the Mentor of Triple H (I think it was mentioned earlier that it was supposed to be loyalty, but I don't know if you changed your mind). I haven't noticed anything else out of place, yet. But it does look good. Nice work.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;277963]Yeah, I just switched their incorrect protege relationship.[/QUOTE] Would the Mentor/Protege relationship have any similar effects as Loyalty? Like, will Triple H remain loyal to his mentor, Flair? I don't exactly know how that type of relationship works.

Problem at the end of the 2nd week I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. On the Friday of the 2nd week of October I keep getting a "Run Time Error '63' Bad Record Number" pop up that closes the game down immediately. I can't get past the day, I'm really enjoying this mod but can't get it to play. Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Sympathy for Oldboy;282230]I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. On the Friday of the 2nd week of October I keep getting a "Run Time Error '63' Bad Record Number" pop up that closes the game down immediately. I can't get past the day, I'm really enjoying this mod but can't get it to play. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE] Update your patches first. If that doesn't work, take it to tech support. TEW mods aren't capable of causing game crashes, so far as I know.

• 4 weeks later...
I downloaded this MOD, and it is awesome! I haven't actually started playing yet because I can't decide on a fed to start with, so I'm thinking about just starting unemployed and seeing what comes my way. Anybody have any good ideas? I don't want to start with too big of a fed so that I'm overwhelmed with keeping workers busy, but I also don't want a fed that is hard to build up.

One challenge I've noted with FPW in both The Fall and After The Fall is, Austin won't let me change the product. Not one bit. I don't think he'll even let me change the match ratio. (Which, I'm really more of a match booker, not a storyline booker.) And I've had trouble making sure I use everyone. Not surprising, as I've never really took charge of a company above Cult level for any extended period of time.

Archived