WWE Plans Fom Now Until 'Mania

TheEdgeOfReason

[URL="http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/articles/1197398029.php"]http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2007_/articles/1197398029.php[/URL] [QUOTE=]It was noted on Raw last week that the winner of the Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H match at Armageddon will get a WWE title shot at the Royal Rumble. This match is crucial because it will set off several major storylines for the next few months. As things have been laid out, Triple H is set to win the title from Randy Orton, probably at the Royal Rumble. If that's the case, then Triple H should be going over Hardy at Armageddon. And Orton is likely retaining his title against Jericho. The plan after that is for Triple H to wrestle Batista at WrestleMania. There is major talk of doing this match at Mania. Plans originally called for Triple H to take on Orton at the big show, but WWE is going in a different direction. It is not known if Batista is winning the Royal Rumble, but it would make the most sense because the Rumble winner can face any brand's champion at Mania. Seeing how Batista is on SmackDown and Triple H is on Raw, then Batista would pretty much have to win the Rumble because it wouldn't work with the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out as that match will be limited to wrestlers on the same brand. The unselected champion will have six of the wrestlers on his brand face off in the Elimination Chamber with the winner getting the other championship shot at WrestleMania. It looks like that is going to be a SmackDown brand match with Batista having lost his World Heavyweight belt by then.[/QUOTE] Sounds pretty interesting. Batista looks like he'll lose the title at Armageddon. I'm guessing to either Edge or Taker with the other winning the Elimination Chamber to set up the WM match up. Personally I wouldn't have Batista win the rumble but meh.

WM will be Flairs last match he will lose then. Will be somehow win the Royal Rumble? I was thinking HHH would lose against Hardy. My thoughts are they would give HHH the win at WM. HHH never wins much at WM. He does job a lot for a Main Eventer.

While WWE has been blatantly biased towards Raw in the past, would they actually put one of SmackDown's biggest stars over to Raw - SmackDown being a show that sort of lacks stars as it is? Raw has enough stars, and future stars, I'd think it would be a pretty bad move to rid SmackDown of Batista (no matter how much we all hate him, he's one of their biggest draws).

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;336257]While WWE has been blatantly biased towards Raw in the past, would they actually put one of SmackDown's biggest stars over to Raw - SmackDown being a show that sort of lacks stars as it is? Raw has enough stars, and future stars, I'd think it would be a pretty bad move to rid SmackDown of Batista (no matter how much we all hate him, he's one of their biggest draws).[/QUOTE] My opinion... Time has come for new people to start showing up in the next few months. These people will go to either ECW or Smackdown, perhaps letting a couple of the smaller one's off Raw, back to Smackdown or ECW. I don't doubt Batista going to Raw. However, I doubt the whole quote from the first post, because of what Moe said.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;335490]*achem* Triple H winning the title from Orton at the Rumble, while Batista wins said Rumble... 2005 anyone? This is why I don't listen to dirtsheets.[/QUOTE] What the WWE doesn't rehah things from the pat?;)

SPOILER!!! Once again, my earlier comment was proven right. Internet Dirt Sheet Sites don't know ANYTHING. If they did, we'd be getting full Raw results before it airs each week. They only know what fans see first hand, and make everything else up as educated guesses, then have their usual fallback excuses when they're horribly wrong. The big one is "plans changed". Triple H winning against Jeff? Nope. Hmm, that was a quick disproving. Without that, none of the other steps can logically follow. So sorry to anyone looking forward to Triple H vs Batista at Mania II.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;339663]So sorry to anyone looking forward to Triple H vs Batista at Mania II.[/QUOTE] Does that apply to anyone here? Anyone looking forward to that? It sounds even worse than an Orton vs Kennedy main event (that's right, come get me).

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;339663]SPOILER!!! Once again, my earlier comment was proven right. Internet Dirt Sheet Sites don't know ANYTHING. If they did, we'd be getting full Raw results before it airs each week. They only know what fans see first hand, and make everything else up as educated guesses, then have their usual fallback excuses when they're horribly wrong. The big one is "plans changed". Triple H winning against Jeff? Nope. Hmm, that was a quick disproving. Without that, none of the other steps can logically follow. So sorry to anyone looking forward to Triple H vs Batista at Mania II.[/QUOTE] In fairness, PWTorch called the Jericho/Orton ending over 2 weeks ago. It's like transfer gossip in the tabloids. There's a few facts, a few truths and possibles listed in there, but a good deal is just junk used to fill column inches and attract readers. At worst, it makes for light entertainment and discussion. I still can't forget about the way Benoit's Royal Rumble win was spoiled and I didn't even go on a pro-wrestling site to see that (I always tried to avoid spoilers ahead of the Rumble), but someone stuck it on IGN. :( [QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;339697]They could always have Triple H challange Hardy for it and win it on any Raw show from now til then. Its happened..[/QUOTE] Also true.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;339745]In fairness, PWTorch called the Jericho/Orton ending over 2 weeks ago. It's like transfer gossip in the tabloids. There's a few facts, a few truths and possibles listed in there, but a good deal is just junk used to fill column inches and attract readers. At worst, it makes for light entertainment and discussion. I still can't forget about the way Benoit's Royal Rumble win was spoiled and I didn't even go on a pro-wrestling site to see that (I always tried to avoid spoilers ahead of the Rumble), but someone stuck it on IGN. :( Also true.[/QUOTE] I'm with Moe on this one though. I think at best, they can give an "Educated Guess". Mainly, because WWE has proven to be able to be very tightlipped about things in the past, when they wanted. At other times, I think it's "Leaked" on purpose, to get people interested in seeing it. Up untill showtime for Raw or the PPV's, they could have last minute changes to just screw up the "Dirtsheet" data on purpose. I believe they do get inside information sometimes. I do believe that the important stuff is much harder to get ahold of though.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;339752]I'm with Moe on this one though. I think at best, they can give an "Educated Guess". Mainly, because WWE has proven to be able to be very tightlipped about things in the past, when they wanted. At other times, I think it's "Leaked" on purpose, to get people interested in seeing it. Up untill showtime for Raw or the PPV's, they could have last minute changes to just screw up the "Dirtsheet" data on purpose. I believe they do get inside information sometimes. I do believe that the important stuff is much harder to get ahold of though. [/QUOTE] I never said that wasn't the case, I just think it's foolish to believe that nothing leaks from the WWE that they don't intend to get out in the same way it's foolish to believe that every dirtsheet has a constant supply of factual content coming through. If people want to argue differently, that's fine but since no one can prove the situation one way or another, it would be a pointless exercise. The only thing that really matters is that it would be nice to see the WWE actually build up a decent feud and storyline for Wrestlemania that is better than a contrived effort made up by some dirtsheet reporter on the internet.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;339769] The only thing that really matters is that it would be nice to see the WWE actually build up a decent feud and storyline for Wrestlemania that is better than a contrived effort made up by some dirtsheet reporter on the internet.[/QUOTE] I don't think I could aggree more on one's point of view.

Archived