Requesting Permission to Release an Up to Date Version of 1RC

[QUOTE=Plus-44;384983]They don't have to worry about improper use. Anyone who uses the data will be sure to give credit, we just see it has expanding a mod so there are many other uses and scenarios for players to be happy with.[/QUOTE] Improper Use is defined by the original artist. Personally I have no problem with what you're doing, but clearly he doesn't want his work expanded upon in that way, or he doesn't want it attached to this particular project. Credit isn't always enough. If someone took data I made, and screwed around with it, for example, adding childish namecalling to the Bio's, I would be livid if I saw my name on it if it were released. It would reflect badly on me. Not saying you're going to do that, but it's a legitimate fear some people rightly have.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Self;384999]Improper Use is defined by the original artist. Personally I have no problem with what you're doing, but clearly he doesn't want his work expanded upon in that way, or he doesn't want it attached to this particular project. Credit isn't always enough. If someone took data I made, and screwed around with it, for example, adding childish namecalling to the Bio's, I would be livid if I saw my name on it if it were released. It would reflect badly on me. Not saying you're going to do that, but it's a legitimate fear some people rightly have.[/QUOTE] I'm not even making this update... I'm working on a separate Mod called "War of The Future".

Is there actually an update real world mod out at all the moment? I'd love if this project went somewhere as I'm still using T-Zone 1.1. I miss Forlan.. :( Is it possible to for this to be released minus Lukie's Japan stuff? I'd more than happy to play the rest of the world and just add the Japanese stuff I know in for my own game and not re-release it

Archived