Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this new feature and I am loving how 08 is lining up. I have played most versions but did not buy 07 b/c it didn't seem that much better than 06 but 08 seems 100 times more real with all the small features like this one. I am with PraguePride though, if this is going to be an important feature there needs to be more drug issues than in past versions.

[QUOTE=Remianen;395215]As several of us have said repeatedly, Adam almost never adds a gameplay affecting feature that doesn't have both an upside and a downside. I'm gonna guess here and say that losing prestige due to a junkie worker will affect your standing and/or performance in the National and Regional battles. So your first paragraph would be answered right there. Sure you could 'throw a party' when you find out one of your workers likes to treat his nose. But then when the media finds out and your image is tarnished, your squeaky clean competitors get a leg up on kickin' your hiney. So in essence, it's another expense you have to accept in order to stay competitive. Isn't that realism defined, since nowadays, real life promotions have to deal with the same thing (once they get past a certain size, of course)?[/QUOTE] I can't wait to use this feature and drug test every month haha

I get the feeling I'm actually going to drug test quite a bit, not so I can weed out the bad apples and set them on the path to a cleaner life, but because I'm going to be [I]so damn curious [/I]as to who's on the juice.

The problem that a lot of text sims have is that at times it feels like you're dealing more with a spreadsheet of numbers than actual characters (or whatever it is you're supposedly simulating at the time). It seems like this year a good deal of focus is bringing personality and interaction to the forefront of the game, with all the little features Adam is adding, and it's a move I definitely applaud. The meta-features are always good, but it's the micro stuff that impresses me

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;395561]So with this new drug feature will we have the ability to send a worker to rehab?[/QUOTE] The feature says that you can help them try and kick the habit - I'd imagine that you have the option to try and get them help. Alternatively, you might take a zero tolerance policy and can them for taking too many paracetamol :D I would assume that it's like the bad behaviour actions, and you'll have a range open to you Only Adam knows, though - for now :p

As someone who's had the chance to test the angles stuff already, I just want to let you know it's AWESOME and speeds things up by a ridiculous amount when you aren't quite sure what angle you want. I have always tended to stick to a few angles and just re-use them whenever necessary but with these filters you can find exactly what you need really quickly. One of my favourite things so far. :)

Yeah I got the FORC set of angles IIRC and there's an insane amount of angles I'll never use (including a bunch of DOTT very specific ones), so I just stick with a handful of ones - actually most of the ones I use, I made myself anyway come to think of it.

Archived