Hogan/Bischoff New Wrestling Promotion?

theunholyicon

Dont see him wrestling Flair at Wrestle Mania considering him and Vince dont get along and there been rumors about who Flairs opponent at WM is. Dont wanna post it though since some might get mad since it would be a spoiler. I think he'll open a promotion but I dont see it having an awful amount of success. He is gonna wrestle in it which pretty much means he'll be the champ. I'm just not a big fan of putting the belt on someone with alot of power in the company such as an owner or someone close to the owner, like WWE does with Triple H and TNA with Jeff Jarrett.

As long as they legitimately deserve the belt on them, it shouldn't matter what's going on backstage. On topic though... I think there is space for another Wrestling Promotion, but I don't think Hogan and Bischoff would offer anything different enough to carve themselves a niche. If they can do some talent stealing, and actively fight WWE, I'd be interested, but I'm unconvinced that anyone should try to fight the top dogs.

Competition is key. When WCW & ECW was around the WWE had to fight to keep their product interesting in fear that their viewers would jump ship and watch the other programming. Ever since the WWE won the war against WCW & swallowed up both them and ECW... They feel like they are permanently on top! That's why you're seeing the product that the WWE is running. They only push things at PPV's and leave their TV shows rather boring since as of right now TNA isn't really doing anything to really compete. You bring in a new company with two big names like Hogan & Bischoff... It's going to generate some interest among wrestling fans. Would they really be able to compete with the WWE? Probably not. At least not for a couple of years after they've built up a good roster & developed their own stars. However, all in all... I'd love to see it happen. I'd love to see another company come into the mix and shake up the wrestling industry a little.

[QUOTE=JDubya;375234]Dont see him wrestling Flair at Wrestle Mania considering him and Vince dont get along and there been rumors about who Flairs opponent at WM is. Dont wanna post it though since some might get mad since it would be a spoiler. I think he'll open a promotion but I dont see it having an awful amount of success. He is gonna wrestle in it which pretty much means he'll be the champ. I'm just not a big fan of putting the belt on someone with alot of power in the company such as an owner or someone close to the owner, like WWE does with Triple H and TNA with Jeff Jarrett.[/QUOTE] I think that's a bogus complaint. Neither Jeff Jarrett nor Triple H have held championships in years. It's also bogus because both of them are fairly talented. Also, Triple H is a pretty good draw, which makes him even better as a choice.

from rajah.com Hulk Hogan has been dropping hints in various recent interviews that he and Eric Bischoff are on the verge of launching a new pro wrestling venture. While many believed this was Hogan trying to get a WrestleMania payday out of Vince McMahon, there is some truth to what Hogan's been saying. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have been meeting with TV executives about the idea of launching a wrestling-themed celebrity reality show. This would not be a traditional professional wrestling promotion - the idea is to have celebrities train to be professional wrestlers and then square off in the ring. The show is being pitched through Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey's production company - which is responsible for Scott Baio's hit VH1 show. At this point, "CMT" is the front runner for carrying the show. :(

I believe Hogan has been quoted as saying that it'll be "Strictly Come Dancing meets Tough Enough" or similar. Of course, if Hogan is training them, it'll be worth watching. I'll leave the obvious jokes to others, but I'd love to see if Hogan's going to be teaching them to cut promos, or if it's all going to be about the in-ring action. Presumably there'll be professional trainers involved... I hope.

[QUOTE=James Casey;376915]I believe Hogan has been quoted as saying that it'll be "Strictly Come Dancing meets Tough Enough" or similar. Of course, if Hogan is training them, it'll be worth watching. I'll leave the obvious jokes to others, but I'd love to see if Hogan's going to be teaching them to cut promos, or if it's all going to be about the in-ring action. Presumably there'll be professional trainers involved... I hope.[/QUOTE] I wouldnt be surprised with Jimmy Hart and Brian Knobs would be invovled in this lol

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;375275]I think that's a bogus complaint. Neither Jeff Jarrett nor Triple H have held championships in years. It's also bogus because both of them are fairly talented. Also, Triple H is a pretty good draw, which makes him even better as a choice.[/QUOTE] Triple H has held the title in the last six months. Also, his 2002 and 2003 title runs took place during times in which the promotion suffered horrible losses in the ratings. You can argue whether or not he's a good wrestler, but calling him a draw is... stretching things, at best.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;379780]Triple H has held the title in the last six months. Also, his 2002 and 2003 title runs took place during times in which the promotion suffered horrible losses in the ratings. You can argue whether or not he's a good wrestler, but calling him a draw is... stretching things, at best.[/QUOTE] Triple H is a very good wrestler. He wrestles the WWE style, which some people don't like, but he's very good. As for being a draw... When RAW were coming to Cardiff, and I considered going, who were the guys that tipped the scales towards me driving into that hell-hole? Mostly Jeff and Trips. And people dug him. He's a draw. Maybe not Hogan/Rock/Austin level, but he's on that rung right below them, waving down to Mr Kennedy and MVP.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;379780]Triple H has held the title in the last six months. Also, his 2002 and 2003 title runs took place during times in which the promotion suffered horrible losses in the ratings. You can argue whether or not he's a good wrestler, but calling him a draw is... stretching things, at best.[/QUOTE] the reason the promotion lost rating was because Trips had 20-30 Minute promos

The reason the promotion lost ratings is because everyone became too old. Not nessisarilly "old" like they're gunna die.... but the same faces over and over had become stale. HHH holding onto the belt like no tomorrow got boring. Seeing Kevin Nash toss people around while somehow being able to not move got old. Even Goldberg was starting to get X-Pac heat. Not to mention X-Pac was getting X-Pac heat. The returns of guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan and HBK would temorarily raise ratings only for their return pops to die down along with the ratings. The stories itself barring a few (Katie Vick) werent horrible, but the fans generally just wanted change and got tired of the same old same old. A perfect example would be Brock Lesnars explosion of popularity and Smackdown constantly being regarded as the better brand because of its "fresh faces" while the same fans cried about getting the title off HHH because they're tired of seeing him on top so long. Ironically, they'd do the same for Cena years later. Despite the fans crying during this time that he should be pushed.

Archived