Ability To Export Roster To Spreadsheet

[QUOTE=rvd2kewl;375354]Would anyone else like to see this option added? It would make it so much easier to keep track of the faces/heels in your company, along with their push salary, style, etc.[/QUOTE] I'd like to be able to to export a whole DB to Excel. It would be a godsend as far as balancing ratings for new scenarios.

Well, there's plenty of free office-style pieces of software that can handle Excel database formats that people could use if they don't have it. If there was a database software to be supported by the game I don't think there's one as widely-used as Excel. Or they could use HTML, as mentioned. I'd like to see this feature added, especially if it outputted to a layout which would have spaces for my notes reagarding the roster.

More than any other enhancement I would love the ability to export into a text file (which could then be imported into Excel or a variety of other programs). This would be helpful not just for the roster screen but any of the different informational screens you can access. In both TEW and WMMA I find it necessary to create a spreadsheet to track my workers, which I then fill with the information I find important; invariably this information comes from a variety of different screens. Creating this spreadsheet in order to get all the information I want in one place is tedious. I love Adam's games and will definitely keep playing them, but having the ability to export information would ease what is now a tedious task and replace it with more gameplay.

[QUOTE=Rathen4;375587]I doubt that it'd be possible to get it to export to excel due to some form of software law (I'm guessing here) but it exporting to a tabulated html file like on Bowlbound would be WONDERFUL.[/QUOTE] All you'd need to do is export to .csv or even a simple tab deliniated file with a .xls extension would do the trick... and no there is no law against tab deliniated files with an xls extension.

[QUOTE=theaddicane;375619]Well, there's plenty of free office-style pieces of software that can handle Excel database formats that people could use if they don't have it. If there was a database software to be supported by the game I don't think there's one as widely-used as Excel.[/QUOTE] Yep. Google even [URL="https://www.google.com/accounts/NewServiceAccount?service=writely&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2F&followup=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2F"]has one out[/URL].

[QUOTE=Rathen4;375587]I doubt that it'd be possible to get it to export to excel due to some form of software law (I'm guessing here) but it exporting to a tabulated html file like on Bowlbound would be WONDERFUL.[/QUOTE] I'd like to see this. Bowl Bound is a great example.

I'd love to know how to read the info from the game into a companion type program... I'd love to be able to work out how to create one with the ability of importing data on screen into the program automatically, but have no idea on the how to. I kinda guess it has to be read while in the memory or something.... I also use a spreadsheet for roster things which I overhauled in the last few mths.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;377834]+++support. Please, Adam, if it is technically possible within your current code base, this would be a great help.[/QUOTE] I asked him for this a few years ago, and if memory serves his biggest worry/concern was being able to then import data BACK from excel or whatever into TEW (which was my original request Export AND import). That would be a lot tougher (you'd have to put several checks to make sure the data is still formatted properly) but he didn't seem to be that concerned about the actual data export (which afterall is simply a text dump) at the time. My guess is that it's just a question of A) wether he feels there is enough demand for this and B) The development time is justified. Personally I think this is the kind of thing that will have a HUGE positive impact as it will help modders amazingly, and more/better mods will benefit everyone.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;378526]I asked him for this a few years ago, and if memory serves his biggest worry/concern was being able to then import data BACK from excel or whatever into TEW (which was my original request Export AND import). That would be a lot tougher (you'd have to put several checks to make sure the data is still formatted properly) but he didn't seem to be that concerned about the actual data export (which after all is simply a text dump) at the time. My guess is that it's just a question of A) whether he feels there is enough demand for this and B) The development time is justified. Personally I think this is the kind of thing that will have a HUGE positive impact as it will help modders amazingly, and more/better mods will benefit everyone.[/QUOTE] I think if you could Import just wrestler and promotional stats from a worksheet style mod maker, would help tremendously with madders. It's a matter of screens and moving around all the time.... For example, even if it was possible in the game to just have a page in the modding area, where you could list the workers and just add the stats by typing a number, filling this out as much as possible as one unit (many workers at a time). Right now you have to work on each worker separately. This to me is very tedious. However, if you could work on them all at once.. it would make for a much easier editor. Example: You have the workers listed in alphabetical order. All their stats are automatically set to 0. You want to fill in the Brawling stat at this time, so you start with your heaviest brawlers (the best ones), and work your way down to who you feel should be the weakest in this stat. BAM! Your done with Brawling. Now onto the next stat. Of course none of these worker's could be imported into the main database as the check will say "your missing this or that". However, possibly your working your old mod, and just adding newer workers into it. You might still want to make sure you have them balanced out where you want them by going to this same page, and putting them where you want them (stat wise). You will be able to see all the ones done, plus the ones you've added to be worked on, and be able to put them exactly where you want them to fit in. Far as exporter... Major advantage for playing the game. Being able to update you roster, and possibly print it out to work/look over for storyline and push, gimmicks etc.. Would really help you put things together where you can get a feel for each worker personally. Right now, I do this by copying, cropping, decrease colors down to two, then making a negative, then printing. It's easier then making your own worksheet, but it's still a bit too time consuming. A way to just make a roster dump, with all the information you would need (overness, worker type, gimmick, push, heel/face, would make things a lot less tedious.

[QUOTE=panix04;379389]this would make things potentially easier for mod-makers. Nice suggestion. [B]Although are we just missing out the forum for suggestions [/B]alltogether now? :p[/QUOTE] I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that, however if you mean are we ignoring the suggestions forum, and putting the suggestions in this thread right now... seems to be the case. I've seen Adam give feedback over suggestions in this area more then the other area since the game has been announced. SO I don't think he has a problem with it at all.

Archived