Event Suggestion

One thing I would like to seem is random events happen. I think alot of the time there is no randomness in this game and you really don't hit major hurls sometimes. It maybe too late to add this but I think it could be a great addition. It would just happen in the pending decisions and you just make a choice out of the ones listed. I would think after you make a decision you get a response saying what resulted from your decision. Also, I would think that the choices should differ sometimes having positive effects and other times having negative effects. Here is some examples of ideas. 1. Local Newspaper has printed a list of names of workers it has found proof are on steroids.(this would depend on if there are workers in your promotion on steroids) -This would effect promotion overness and individual wrestler overness a. Deny allegations(Could have negative or no effect on promotion) b. Suspend Workers(Could have negative, no effect or positive) c. Fire Workers(Could be positive or no effect) 2. Sports Illustrated has shown interest in doing an article on wrestler X. -This would effect individual overness) a. Decline interview(no effect) b. accept interview(positive or negative effect) 3. A national tv network is doing a negative story on wrestling but has asked for some interviews from your wrestlers. -Promotion overness and individual overness a. accept(negative, no effect or positive effect) b. reject(negative or no effect) 4. A backstage brawl has broken out between wrestler A and wrestler B. -Morale between wrestlers and overall all wrestlers a. Fire both(positive, negative, or no effect) b. Have a company meeting(no effect, positive, or negative) c. Do nothing(no effect, negative) d. suspend both(positive, no effect, or negative) 5. Several Wrestlers have come to you complaining about the attitude of a wrestler X. -Morale of single wrestler, group of wrestlers, or all wrestlers. a. Talk to wrestler X b. Talk to complaining wrestlers c. ignore d. Talk to both complaining wrestlers and wrestler X 6. A wrestler has broken kayfabe and aired his grievances with you in a local newspaper. -effect promotion overness, wrestler morale, lockerroom morale a. Talk to Wreslter X b. ignore c. Support breaking kayfabe but talk to Wrestler X 7. A major sports athlete is said to be in attendence of our next show, however, he is known for his trouble with the law and bad attitude. -Promotion overness a. highlight him being in attendence b. show him in attendence c. ignore him 8. Someone in the company has been leaking information about future storylines. -Lockerroom morale, single wrestler morale a. have a company meeting b. try to find out who is leaking information c. ignore 9. Wrestler X has injured his neck and requires surgery. He has found a new doctor that can reduce the time is injured, however, it may have undesired effect. He would like to get your opinion. -reduce length of injury, or effect physical condition a. Go to new treatment b. tradition treatment 10. A legendary wrestler has insulted your promotion in an interview. -promotion overness, wrestler overness a. ignore b. respond c. insult legendary wrestler 11. Wrestler A and Wrestler B were pulled over by police and found to have drugs on them. -promotion overness, morale, wrestler overness a. fire both b. suspend both c. ignore 12. Wrestler X in a recent interview made several homophobic and racial slurs. The national media has picked up on the story. -wrestler overness, promotion overness a. promote wrestler X for remarks b. send a press release apologizing c. fire worker d. suspend worker BTW Adam why don't you talk to me about my ideas and being apart of the team I have given you a few good suggestion in the past like Product system, Personality system?

I'm not sold on exactly how this is set out, but I'm a huge fan of adding more backstage drama. I personally like the idea of having to mentally wrestle with all of the ego's backstage in order to get my product out there. Give me free reign and I'll choke on the possibilities.

[QUOTE=Self;390519]I'm not sold on exactly how this is set out, but I'm a huge fan of adding more backstage drama. I personally like the idea of having to mentally wrestle with all of the ego's backstage in order to get my product out there. Give me free reign and I'll choke on the possibilities.[/QUOTE] Can you clarify what do you mean how this would be set out?

[QUOTE=BadFurDay;390513]Adam, I once communicated with you through telepathy and gave you the idea to move from EWR to TEW, therefore you owe me all. Please get me on the team and also hand me part of the money you own. Thanks.[/QUOTE] I am not looking for money, taking credit, or trying to get on the team. Just saying I would like to contribute. [QUOTE=rajde;390522]Can you clarify what do you mean how this would be set out?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rajde;390522]Can you clarify what do you mean how this would be set out?[/QUOTE] I get the theory behind it. Random events popping up and giving you choices in how to react, with positives and negatives behind each choice. It's just your exact examples aren't quite clicking with me. Actually, in re-reading I found myself liking the idea more, but it still feels a little rigid to me somehow. Just my personal gut opinion. There's plenty of stuff I've been wrong about. Like Big Brother. Man, I was [I]sure[/I] that would never get over. I would have put money on it.

[QUOTE=rajde;390523]I am not looking for money, taking credit, or trying to get on the team. Just saying I would like to contribute.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=rajde;390046]BTW Adam why don't you talk to me about my ideas and [B]being apart of the team[/B][/quote] Think before your type.

I like the list of suggested events. I'm not sure how they would be incorporated exactly, but they do seem like they'd add some depth to the game. The other stuff...meh, you'd probably have more success just trying to communicate with Adam directly than wondering why he won't return your PMs on a suggestion thread. Although..shame on Adam for being such a heartbreaker. ;)

[QUOTE=praguepride;390940]Well, people do care. That last little line turned this from a good suggestion thread to a whiny "why wasn't I picked for the team" drama thread.[/QUOTE] This isn't a drama thread at all this is a suggestion thread as it says in the title. It is about the suggestion that there should be random events in the game. BTW, that was just meant as a note I don't want to pm, email, or bother Adam. Quit getting hung up on that I don't really care about it.

[QUOTE=rajde;390046] BTW Adam why don't you talk to me about my ideas and being apart of the team I have given you a few good suggestion in the past like Product system, Personality system?[/QUOTE] Y'know, some people would read this as a prelude to a lawsuit about ownership of the ideas in question. (After all, if Adam ignores this, he tacitly concedes ownership of the idea. If Adam denies it but you have a post on record from before the system's implemented, you have a claim. Even if it's untrue.) Wise programmers who felt that way would refrain from implementing the systems that might lead to lawsuits without signed agreements to refrain from putting such suits up. Fans like me might worry about that weakening a game we're interested in, and might encourage you to drop this line of questioning stat.

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;390952]Y'know, some people would read this as a prelude to a lawsuit about ownership of the ideas in question. (After all, if Adam ignores this, he tacitly concedes ownership of the idea. If Adam denies it but you have a post on record from before the system's implemented, you have a claim. Even if it's untrue.) Wise programmers who felt that way would refrain from implementing the systems that might lead to lawsuits without signed agreements to refrain from putting such suits up. Fans like me might worry about that weakening a game we're interested in, and might encourage you to drop this line of questioning stat.[/QUOTE] So, a guy that didn't program any of the game is going to sue the game developer? So, why doesn't everyone that is suggestion ideas just start sueing Adam? Your logic is pathetic and I am getting sick of defending myself. After all this bull**** I don't care.

[QUOTE=rajde;390957]So, a guy that didn't program any of the game is going to sue the game developer? So, why doesn't everyone that is suggestion ideas just start sueing Adam? Your logic is pathetic and I am getting sick of defending myself. After all this bull**** I don't care.[/QUOTE] You'll have to help me, I missed the part where other people were laying claim to the ideas. As for whether or not my logic's pathetic, you may wanna check some civil suits. It's been done enough times to be a legitimate concern, and a great many creators of all stripes refuse to discuss their games or other projects online as a result. I don't want to lose that.

* This is the part where nobody talks about his suggestion, he gets upset and wonders why and another big rant flares up* Also, If you really didn't care, why do you keep replying and sayin I don't care? That kinda gives it away that you really do ;)

Archived