Not Yet World's Most Dangerous

[B]Ken Shamrock Bio[/B] At this point Ken is already a trained fighter, he just hasn't had all that many opportunities to apply his skills yet and is bound to become even more dangerous. He already has one contract with Universal Pro-Wrestling but they're currently not on tour in February, so he's decided to take a tryout with All Japan Pro Wrestling. Only 19 he has plenty of time to master his deadly submission skills. [B]Starting Stats[/B] [B]USA[/B] 0 [B]Canada[/B] 0 [B]Mexico[/B] 0 [B]Japan[/B] 3 [B]UK[/B] 0 [B]Australia[/B] 0 [B]Spirit[/B] 10 [B]Power[/B] 45 [B]Technique[/B] 50 [B]Speed[/B] 40 [B]Psychology[/B] 35 [B]Stamina[/B] 60 [B]Toughness[/B] 75 [B]Charisma[/B] 52 [B]Microphone[/B] 10 [B]Safety[/B] 42 [B]Looks[/B] 65 [B]Respect[/B] 0 [B]Tuesday, Week 1, February[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Tonight Ken is scheduled for a dark match tryout against Toshiaki Kawada, so he won't be seen on AJPW's weekly television show. Given Kawada's popularity though a win could really help Shamrock's popularity regardless. Before the match he thanks Giant Baba for the tryout. Ken feels pretty confident going into the match, he knows he's a gifted athlete and fighter for his age. But it doesn't take him long to realize this match won't be easy. Him and Kawada exchange hold for hold and strike for strike, but Kawada simply seems to absorb everything Ken throws at him even as he begins to wear down. Late in the match Kawada gets behind him and before Ken can hope to react he finds himself flung through the air with a Released German Suplex and landing heavily on the mat. Kawada covers and mustering everything he has Ken throws his shoulder up at the last second. He almost wishes he hadn't as Kawada locks in a vicious Abdominal Stretch Face Lock not a minute later, but again Ken holds on and refuses to submit. Finally Kawada is beginning to show signs of weariness as well letting Ken show him his own submission skills as he begins to target the arms. With both men hurting badly Ken finally sees his opening, grabbing hold of Kawada's arms once more and twisting them about into a Japanese Self-Strangehold. Kawada holds on for a few minutes before finally submitting. Backstage after the match Kawada praises Shamrock and the two seem to get along well despite the viciousness of their match. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 19 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +3 [B]Spirit[/B] +2 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Safety[/B] +1 [B]Respect[/B] +1 Friendship with Toshiaki Kawada [B]Wednesday, Week 1[/B] Impressed with his performance the night before Giant Baba gives Shamrock a call to offer a 1 year contract as an opener with AJPW. Ken instead decides to only accept a 6 month deal given his desire to return to his home in the United States.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Tuesday, Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Again Shamrock is wrestling a dark match before the TV tapings, but once more it is another popular opponent. This time Shamrock is set to face Atsushi Onita. At the start Shamrock seems to be in control, but Onita soon proves him wrong as he counters several of Shamrock's moves and goes on the offensive himself. While Shamrock manages to get in an occasional blow or quick arm hold, Onita is definetly the one determining the pace of the match with a painful arm breaker throw and head scissors hold. At least until Ken suddenly grabs him and applies a Belly to Belly Double Armbar, then drives him into the corner and follows with a high knee to his face. The corner seems to work well for Shamrock as he drives Onita into another ringpost backfirst, then backs up to deliver a charging forearm. Dazed Onita stumbles out of the corner into an STO and a cover by Shamrock but kicks out at 2. Worried now Shamrock picks Onita back up and attempts a suplex but Onita counters and suddenly Shamrock is in the Japanese Self-Stranglehold, the same move he used on Kawada just last week! But Ken hangs on for the moment at least only to get a taste of the STO from Onita. After getting a nearfall Onita tries for an armbar takedown only to take a second STO from Shamrock! But again he kicks out. A minute later Shamrock makes him pay with a series of powerful kicks to the downed Onita. Nothing either man does seems to have any effect as they trade more holds and blows until finally Shamrock slips out of a sleeper hold and locks in once again the Japanese Self-Stranglehold. Onita is unable to hold on and at last relents. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 21 minutes[/I] During the TV tapings later that night Shamrock starts up a conversation with the head booker, Dory Funk Jr., and the two seem to hit it off well. [B]Japan[/B] +3 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Safety[/B] +1 [B]Respect[/B] +1 Friendship with Dory Funk Jr.

[B]Tuesday, Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Still in dark matches but so long as he's getting paid Shamrock isn't overly concerned about it given that he still doesn't have plans to stay in Japan. Tonight he's set to face a new hire, Ultraman, who was signed just last week apparently coming all the way from Mexico. While Ultraman initially has the upperhand it doesn't take Shamrock long to cut him off with some shoulder rams in the corner and soon after knocking the wind out of Ultraman with a double-underhook suplex followed immediately by a straddled armbar. Back in the corner Shamrock nails a forearm charge followed by a short arm deep hip toss backed with three nasty kicks to Ultraman's chest. Clearly Shamrock is well in control only 7 minutes into the match now. Picking up Ultraman Ken nails a Face-First Suplex and follows with a Ground Roundhouse Kick. With Ultraman lying dazed on the canvas Shamrock starts to go for the cover but looks up and can tell the audience wants more than this simple squash. So he picks up Ultraman once more and nails one of his vicious STOs. After a weak counter-attack by Ultraman Shamrock uses the self stranglehold but the luchadore refuses to submit yet. Finally at the 10 minute mark Ultraman seems to pick up his second wind as the two really begin to go at it. Again he refuses to give in when Shamrock applies another self stranglehold. Both men are running out of gas though as Ultraman locks in an Indian Deathlock. Shamrock doesn't give in, but a minute later is tapping out to the Cerrajera Tangle. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 19 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1

[B]Tuesday, Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Shamrock is informed he'll be doing a rematch from last week, once again facing the Mexican veteran, to give him another chance at the win he seemed to have in the bag last week until he decided to draw it out. Ken doesn't plan to make the same mistake again if he has the chance to take down Ultraman, or as he now knows him Ventura Chavez Perez. Like last week Shamrock again dominates the start of the match locking in a straddled armbar at the 5 minute mark. He continues to keep control until 10 minutes in when he charges at Ultraman in the corner, who surprises him with a sudden monkey flip that puts him on his back. Four minutes later and it's Shamrock with a self-stranglehold, but Ultraman still seems to have a strong resistance to Shamrock's most potent maneuver. So instead Shamrock throws him into a rear head chancery, a painful British style hold that causes Ultraman to collapse to the mat and allow Ken to score a nasty roundhouse kick to the head and pick up the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: C in 14 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 [B]Psychology[/B] +1

[B]Thursday, Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Sumo Hall[/I] Shamrock is surprised when Baba tells him that he'll be on the card for the big monthly show, apparently he's been doing better than he thought. For the night he's set to face off against another masked Mexican calling himself Kung Fu. Despite the apparent comedy of his opponent Ken knows not to start underestimating him. Like with Ultraman, Shamrock again takes early control of Kung Fu using his simple but effective throws, armholds, and a few strikes. Just as he thinks this might really be an easy win though Kung Fu comes back with a series of his own ending with a fake low blow. Laughing at his own antics Ken starts to get a tad angry and locks on his Belly to Belly Double Armbar. Fu decides to start playing for real then and nails a Rana a moment later. Shamrock returns the favor nailing Fu into the corner and then nailing a nasty forearm followed by a straddled armbar. Several small packages by Kung Fu seem more designed to throw Ken off balance than actually pin him, but Ken finally nails a heel kick then several nasty kicks on the ground to down Kung Fu. Not long after though Fu comes back with a slingshot sunset flip catching Shamrock totally offguard and getting the 1-2-3. [I]Match Rating: C in 17 minutes[/I] [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [I][B]End of Month Synopsis[/B][/I] [U][B]Shamrock[/B][/U] [B]Japan Overness[/B] 11 +8 [B]Spirit[/B] 18 +8 [B]Power[/B] 45 [B]Technique[/B] 52 +2 [B]Speed[/B] 42 +2 [B]Psychology[/B] 40 +5 [B]Stamina[/B] 64 +4 [B]Toughness[/B] 78 +3 [B]Charisma[/B] 56 +4 [B]Microphone[/B] 11 +1 [B]Safety[/B] 45 +3 [B]Respect[/B] 2 +2 Midcarder with AJPW and UPW 3-2 career record [U][B]Title Changes[/B][/U] Pierre Lafleur wins Australian Light Heavyweight from Dorsey Lagner Marty Jones wins British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight from Terry Jowett Abdullah the Butcher wins Canadian Television from Boris Zhukov Ted Oates wins Central States Television from Grappler #2 Kintaro Oki wins European Middleweight from Gran Hamada The Great Kabuki wins Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight from Bugsy McGraw Steve Williams wins Mid-South Television from Krusher Kruschev The Masked Superstar wins National Television from Jake Roberts Mil Mascaras wins NWA World Middleweight from El Satanico The Flame wins Southeastern Heavyweight from Jimmy Golden Tommy Rich/Eddie Gilbert win Souther Tag Team from Elijah Akeem/Kareem Muhammad Killer Tim Brooks wins Southwest Heavyweight from Scott Casey La Parka wins UWA World Lightweight from Juan Rodriguez Super Destroyer wins WCCW Television from Iceman Parsons Mil Mascaras wins World Mid-Heavyweight from Dave Finlay

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, March 1984[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Another week, another dark match against a masked Mexican wrestler while in Japan. This week it was Black Man. Unlike his past matches Shamrock was actually starting out on the defensive this time as Black Man wore him down. Once he finally starts to take control with a double underhook suplex and armbars Black Man retaliates with a low blow but gets only a warning from the ref. Shamrock retaliates with a kneeling kick rush to let Black Man know to keep his hands to himself. A few minutes later and Shamrock has him in the Self-Stranglehold but Black Man resists for the moment. Still in control Shamrock continues to work over Black Man finally landing several brutal knee shots to the face. Blood begins to seep out from under the mask and Ken knows he has him on the ropes now. A second stranglehold a few minutes later still produces no result but some gags from his opponent. Soon though it's Black Man on offense with a 3/4 Face Bulldog Shamrock barely kicks out of finally by a Springboard Body Press he again has to fight out of. But a second one a few minutes later is enough for Black Man to get the pin. [I]Match Rating: B- in 23 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] -1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1

[B]Thursday, Week 1[/B] Mulling it over Ken decided he needed to make some changes. While he was more concerned with learning than becoming a Japanese superstar he knew the best way to get experience was to face the top tier stars and that meant winning enough to get there. His first call was to his original opponent in AJPW, Kawada, who had also fallen off a bit with 5 losses and only a single victory so far this year. The two of them agreed in order to spark some more interest to start a feud with one another. His next call was to the head booker of AJPW and main event star Dory Funk Jr. Together they decided to put together a new tag team deciding to simply call it Brutality. Shamrock hoped it would be enough to get him back on the winning track.

[B]Monday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] It seemed his calls had at least some effect, for the first time Shamrock was booked onto the televised part of the show. He was up against Mascara Sagrade or El Tigre Blanco, one of the first masked wrestlers Shamrock had faced who he thought didn't look completely ridiculous in their costume. Before the match he also ran into Terry Funk and hit it off well with the brother of his new partner. Shamrock starts out in control but Tigre soon comes back as the two square off in the ring. Shamrock starts to take down Tigre again when he hits a double underhook suplex followed soon after by a big Belly to Back Suplex. But it's not enough as he locks Shamrock in a Camel Clutch. Shamrock fights out but has nothing left when he gets put into a Cerrejera Tangle and taps out once more to the deadly move. He might be on TV but it seemed that wasn't quite enough inspiration to get his winning ability back. [I]Match Rating: C in 18 minutes[/I] Friendship with Terry Funk

[B]Saturday, Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Carnival of Champions[/I] Another big event and this time marked by Shamrock's first tag team match, but not with Dory Funk Jr. Instead he's teamed with The Amazing Kung Fu, a dangerous British wrestler skilled in martial arts, facing off against his friend/rival Kawada and El Tigre Blanco. Shamrock was excited at the potential this match held. Him and Kawada start the match with neither gaining advantage so both tag about 6 minutes in. Tigre and Kung Fu manage to do a bit more damage to one another but again neither manages to take control so another 6 minutes later sees another tag back to the original members. This time though Shamrock takes control with several armbar variations and a side suplex before tagging back to Kung Fu. Kung Fu continues the damage with an arm trap head twist, charging forearm, and double-underhook suplex and by now Kawada is clearly hurting. But just as it looks it might be over as Kung Fu starts trying to apply one of his many finishing submission holds Kawada leaps and makes the tag out. Kung Fu tags out himself soon after as the fresher El Tigre goes to work on him and Shamrock takes back control for his team. A tag to Kawada comes as he finally catches his breath and so Shamrock allows Kung Fu to come back in as well. This time Kung Fu manages to lock in a Bodylock Reverse Sleeper but to no avail. A moment later he hits a Forward Russian Legsweep but Kawada doesn't give in to that either. But even Kawada can't resist a deadly Heart Kick that puts him down for the count. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1

I'm still trying to decide on that actually, I want him leaving Japan with some sort of milestone reached instead of just waiting till the contract runs out. Probably not a title win but either breaking into the main event or when his technique and speed reach 55 and 45 respectively which would at least open up one more move I can say he learned in Japan, the Judo Sweep. [B]Tuesday, Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Another TV match and this one is set to be Shamrock's biggest yet with a 6 man tag team. Shamrock, Atsushi Onita, and Toshiaki Kowada, the first two opponents he faced in AJPW, taking on Villano III, Lanny Poffo, and Mascara Sagrada. Before the match he also strikes up a conversation with one of the referees, Kyohei Wada. Shamrock and Villano start off the match with Shamrock well in control dominating Villano and causing him to tag in El Tigre Blanco within the first minute. Though doing well after another few minutes against Sagrada, Ken tags to Onita before he begins to tire himself out knowing they'll have to pace themselves in this match. Lanny is in a few a minutes later and begins to take Onita apart. In fact he stops Onita 4 times from making the tag, each time dragging him back to the center of the ring. Kawada and Shamrock can only watch as Onita finally succumbs to a leaping sunset flip by the skilled Lanny Poffo for the pin. Match Rating: C in 9 minutes [B]Psychology[/B] +2 Friendship with Kyohei Wada [I]Needless to say I'm pretty upset about this one as Onita seemingly choked, possibly on Lanny's hair, in what should have been a great match.[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] A rematch, Shamrock was once again set to face off against Mascara Sagrada, or El Tigre Blanco. This time he swore he'd be the one getting the victory, he certainly needed one. Shamrock comes out gunning for Mascara from the start and brutalizes him most of the match with the highlights being a big belly to back suplex and a russian legsweep about 8 minutes in. Mercifully Shamrock finally ends the slaughter with a huge ground roundhouse kick that even the White Tiger can't get up from. After he's in back The Destroyer congratulates him on the beating he just handed out. [I]Match Rating: C in 11 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +2 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 Friendship with The Sensational Destroyer [I][B]End of Month Synposis[/B][/I] [B][U]Shamrock[/U][/B] [B]Japan[/B] 13 +10 [B]Spirit[/B] 22 +12 [B]Power[/B] 46 +1 [B]Technique[/B] 53 +3 [B]Speed[/B] 43 +3 [B]Psychology[/B] 45 +10 [B]Stamina[/B] 65 +5 [B]Toughness[/B] 78 +3 [B]Charisma[/B] 57 +5 [B]Microphone[/B] 12 +2 [B]Safety[/B] 45 +3 [B]Respect[/B] 2 +2 Micarder with AJPW UPW contract not renewed, 22 days left 5-5 career record [U][B]Title Changes[/B][/U] Rober Fuller wins Alabama Heavyweight from Rick Gibson Larry Zbyszko wins AWA Television from Steve Keirn Fumihiro Nikuro wins British Heavyweight from Larry Cameron Moose Morowski wins Canadian Heavyweight from Al Tomko Timothy Flowers/Moose Morowski win Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team from Randy Rich/Rick Patterson Bob Brown wins Central States Television from Ted Oates [I]Kevin Sullivan wins CWF Television from Dory Funk Jr. Dory Funk Jr. wins Florida Heavyweight from Kevin Sullivan[/I] Tully Blanchard wins Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight from Rufus R. Jones Ron Miller wins NWA Australian Heavyweight from Tor Kamata Angela Mosca wins NWA Canadian Heavyweight from The Sheik Canek wins NWA World Middleweight from Mil Mascaras Bobby Jaggers wins PNW Heavyweight from Buddy Rose Rip Oliver wins PNW Television from Don Running Bear Jumbo Tsuruta wins PWF Heavyweight from Stan Hansen Jim Breaks wins World Light Heavyweight Johnny Saint Mr. Pogo wins WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight from King Tonga Bob Orton Jr. wins WWF Intercontinental from Tito Santana Riki Chosyu wins WWF International from Tatsumi Fujinami

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, April[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] After their temporary alliance last week it was time to jumpstart the feud they had planned and tonight was it, a one on one against Kawada. Shamrock takes a slight lead after pounding on Kawada with several shoulder rams in the corner but Kawada fights back countering everything Shamrock throws at him until the two are both looking a bit worse for wear. Looking to retake the advantage Shamrock again forces Kawada into the corner but this time follows with a huge knee to the face. At the 10 minute mark he tries to put it away with an STO but Kawada kicks out. Two minutes later and it's the self-stranglehold but still Kawada won't give in. The next few minutes are fairly even until Shamrock takes control again with a Double Arm Belly to Belly Suplex and follows soon after with another Stranglehold, but Kawada still doesn't give in. A third Stranglehold comes at the 20 minute mark but still no submission and Shamrock is beginning to grow aggravated at his inability to put Kawada away. All of a sudden Shamrock is the one in danger as Kawada locks on a Boston Crab but he fights out. As he lays there recovering Kawada goes up top and waits to hit a Flying Body Press, but Shamrock spots him in time and dodges out of the way, getting a nearfall after Kawada crash lands. Soon after Kawada is broken open by the vicious knee lifts of Shamrock. Looking to deal some more damage Shamrock throws Kawada from the ring and follows after. He nails a bodyslam onto a steel chair, follows with some nasty kicks, then nails an STO onto the same chair. After a warning from the ref he rolls Kawada in and goes for the pin but again he kicks out. His frustration is really building now, he knows if Kawada gets a second wind he could be in trouble yet. Finding himself in a Boston Crab a minute later confirms his fears, but after Shamrock again fights out he takes control, nailing a face-first suplex and then a final stranglehold for the submit victory. After the show Kawada, Shamrock and a few other guys go out to party. [I]Matcing Rating: C+ in 26 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +2 [B]Spirit[/B] +1 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Safety[/B] +1 [B]Respect[/B] +1 Friendship with Mil Mascaras and Villano III

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Some excellent title changes for Week 4 -- Orton beating Chico, er.. Tito - Canek beating Mascaras, Jimmy Breaks beating the Saint, King Kong Mosca beating The Sheik; fantastic stuff. Great start to the career. I'm looking forward to further entries.[/QUOTE] Just to clarify these are the latest title changes for that particular month, not the last week since I'm just to lazy to look through and write out title changes every game week unless there's some easier way to do it than clicking through every single title in the library. Some titles have already changed hands 5 or 6 times I believe but with my end month synopsis I'm only mentioning changes that month, who the current champ is, and who they won it from. If anybody wants any other info when I do my end of month summary though feel free to let me know.

[B]Tuesday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] While Shamrock had been left off the big card the night before he didn't let it bother him, two fights two nights in a row would have been rough anyway. For now he has to worry about his third match with El Tigre Blanco, who's out to prove Shamrock can't simply slaughter him the way he did last time again. Before the match he has a talk with Villano II. For a moment it looks like Mascara might be the one who does the decimating this week, but Shamrock finally gets in some offense after a few minutes and takes Sagrada to the ground. After Shamrock reverses an irish whip by El Tigre he shoulderblocks him and follows soon after with a double underhook suplex putting himself well in control now about 8 minutes in. Until he gets monkey flipped charging at what he thought was a still stunned Mascara. From that point on Sagrada is the one calling the shots, with a charging forearm taking Shamrock down hard and then another. Still woozy Shamrock is no match with El Tigre Blanco locks in the Cerrejera Tangle and has to tap out to the maneuver once again. [I]Match Rating: C in 16 minutes[/I] [B]Psychology[/B] +1 Friendship with Villano II [I]I'm starting to get tempted to add the Cerrejera Tangle to Shamrock's repertoire once he's capable of performing it given how often he's been schooled with it now. 54% success rate nothing, that thing is a killer.[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Another one on one match tonight, this time against veteran British wrestler Wayne Bridges. Bridges uses every bit of his experience to dominate Shamrock at the start of the match with technical holds and an atomic drop to liven things up. But Shamrock doesn't give in and whenever he has a chance attacks Bridge's arms, knowing the older man has developed a few problems with pain in them. But Bridges remains in control still until Shamrock finally lands his belly to back suplex. Bridges goes on the attack again for a while but Shamrock's armbars are beginning to have the intended effect as he slows down. Unfortunately it's not his arms Shamrock should have been worried about as out of nowhere Bridges comes at him with a running headbutt that scores the 1-2-3 count. [B]Match Rating: C in 16 minutes[/B] [B]Psychology[/B] +1

[B]Tuesday Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Ken is stunned when he's told the news. Tonight he'll be facing Dos Caras, a legitimate main eventer, certainly his most formidable opponent yet. To even have a chance of winning this will take everything he's got and probably a little luck besides. The two trade off blows for the first 10 minutes or so, Dos Cars mixing in his speed with several dropkicks while Shamrock tries to keep him grounded for his holds. Finally Shamrock gains the upper hand with a high knee in the corner followed with a straddled armbar before driving Caras into the opposite corner, but Caras evens the fight again when Shamrock charges and receives another dropkick for his troubles. But a double-underhook suplex by Shamrock soon after turns the tables once again in his favor. Desperate to retain his advantage Shamrock delivers a series of vicious kicks to Caras busting him open to the shock of the crowd. The blood only seems to anger Caras though who goes on an offensives streak including a second rope dropkick that floors Shamrock. That momentum becomes Dos Caras own downfall when he goes up for a Flying Angel Splash. Ken watches the masked man climb to the turnbuckle and plays opposum waiting for the leap, then rolls. Caras can do nothing as he crashes to the mat and Ken scrambles for the cover, and the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: C in 19 minutes [/I] [B]Japan[/B] +3 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Toughness[/B] +1 [B]Respect[/B] +1 [B][I]End of Month Synopsis[/I][/B] [U][B]Shamrock[/B][/U] [B]Japan[/B] 18 +15 [B]Spirit[/B] 26 +16 [B]Power[/B] 47 +2 [B]Technique[/B] 56 +6 [B]Speed[/B] 46 +6 [B]Psychology[/B] 49 +14 [B]Stamina[/B] 65 +5 [B]Toughness[/B] 79 +4 [B]Charisma[/B] 58 +6 [B]Microphone[/B] 13 +3 [B]Safety[/B] 47 +5 [B]Respect[/B] 4 +4 Midcarder with AJPW 7-7 career record [U][B]Title Changes this Month[/B][/U] Steve Regal wins AWA Light Heavyweight from Buck Zumhofe Mark Rocco wins British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight from Marty Jones Mal Sanders wins British Light Heavyweight from Marty Jones Bobo Brazil wins Canadian Television from Abdullah the Butcher Blackjack Mulligan wins CWF Television from Kevin Sullivan Mal Sanders wins European Middleweight from Kintaro Oki Magnum T.A. wins HCW Championship from Kim Duk Killer Karl Krupp wins Maritime Heavyweight Title from Stephen Petitpas Ricky Steamboat wins Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight from Tully Blanchard The Assassin/Assassin #2 win the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team from George South/Don Kernodle The Masked Superstar wins National Heavyweight from The Spoiler Jake Roberts wins National Television from The Masked Superstar Giant Baba wins NWA International Heavyweight from Jumbo Tsuruta Villano III wins NWA International Junior Heavyweight from Chavo Guerrero Sr. Tatsumi Fujinami wins NWF World Heavyweight from Antonio Inoki Abdullah the Butcher wins Univeral Heavyweight from Dory Funk Jr. Mascara Sagrada wins UWA World Lightweight from La Parka David Von Erich wins WCCW American Heavyweight from Gino Hernandez

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, May 1984[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Shamrock hopes tonight's match might be a gauge to see if he's ready to head back to the States soon or not as he'll be facing off against Arn Anderson, one of the toughest opponents one could hope to find in the US. Backstage he discusses possible strategy with another American, Johnny Rodz. Shamrock starts off doing well mixing up his holds and tosses to keep Arn off balance and finally catching him with a nasty clothesline off of an irish whip. He picks up the pace now with suplexes and even more vicious holds with a leg elbow driver causing Arn to shout in pain, clearly Anderson hadn't been expecting a man as young as Shamrock to be this caliber of an opponent. Ken though started to get a bit to ****y and Arn makes him pay for it with a sudden suplex followed with a knee drive and legdrop on his arm followed by a grounded arm driver that has Ken rolling in pain. A hot shot backfires and Shamrock tries to cover off of it but only gets a 2. An STO gets the same but leaves Arn in bad shape as Shamrock follows with a leg capture suplex that also only gets two. Deciding he needs to do more damage Ken drags Arn outside and double underhook suplexes him onto the floor and then follows with a belly to belly suplex a minute later. He eventually locks on a self stranglehold for some damage but being outside the ring there's no hope of a tapout. He rams Double A into the ring apron and just as he thinks he has control Arn locks in a Standing Guillotine. When Shamrock collapses in pain Anderson rolls him back in the ring and covers for two. He can't resist a step over armbar a few minutes later though and Shamrock has to tap out. Match Rating: C+ in 24 minutes [B]Psychology[/B] +1 Friendship with Johnny Rodz

[B]Tuesday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Once again Shamrock is set to face El Tigre Blanco, but given the skill of Mascara Sagrada he doesn't mind to much. Ken pulls ahead early and locks in his straddled armbar to do some damage. A high knee in the corner and a kneeling kick rush follow soon after and El Tigre Blanco is really hurting now. Shamrock floors him with a Standing Belly to Back Suplex, a ground roundhouse kick, then picks him up for the self stranglehold and submission. [I]Match Rating: C in 8 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Safety[/B] +1 [B]Respect[/B] +1 [I]Also of interest, over in WWF Hulk Hogan has finally had his 14 win streak broken, with 8 successful title defenses. George "The Animal" Steele took the WWF Heavyweight Title and then Hogan loss yet again the following week in a 6 man tag of George Steele/Andre the Giant/Sgt Slaughter vs Hulk Hogan/Dick Murdoch/Roddy Piper.[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] Shamrock's second multi-man tag match was upon him and he only hoped it goes better than last time. Tonight was to be an 8 man tag event with himself teaming up with El Satanico, Lanny Poffo (the man who tore apart his teamate Onita in his 6-man match), and Gama Singh. Together they would face off against Kung Fu, El Tigre Blanco, Black Cat, and The Assassin. Satanico and Kung Fu start off. Satanico easily controls and forces a tag off to Assassin within 2 minutes. Unfortunately The Assassin tears him apart as easily as he did Kung Fu and he in turn is forced to tag out to Lanny. They exchange several holds before Black Cat tags in. Singh comes in as Black Cat starts to take advantage, now 9 minutes into the match, and immediately takes control forcing yet another tag to El Tigre. Singh actually retains control for a few minutes but finally El Tigre gets in several shots to his tiring opponent just before tagging in The Assassin. Knowing he can't last long against the fresh worker Singh tags to Shamrock bringing in the last man at 13 minutes. Assassin tags in Kung Fu soon after and Shamrock begins to pick apart the first man of the match. A vicious flurry of forearms by Shamrock down Kung Fu, followed by a straddled armbar and series of kicks, pick up and then a huge STO followed by a roundhouse kick. After consulting with his team though Shamrock declines to make the pin, instead allowing Kung Fu to tag in El Tigre. Shamrock gives him an arm twist before bringing back in El Satanico. El Tigre retreats bringing in The Assassin and the two men square off relatively evenly until Satanico hits a cartwheel corner kick and brings in Lanny. Lanny and Assassin square off for a few each preventing one another from tagging until finally Assassin reaches the hand of Black Cat and Lanny soon after gets to Singh. Gama gains the upper hand by dropping Black Cat throat first across the ropes and a high backdrop soon after. After snapping on an Abdominal Stretch Singh tags Shamrock back in, now about 30 minutes into the match. Desperate now Black Cat resorts to a back rake and eye gouge, but it's not enough to stop Shamrock from locking in a stranglehold. Black Cat doesn't submit however. Shamrock manages to hit a double arm belly to belly afterwards but puts Cat in a good position to tag in El Tigre. Shamrock doesn't slow though as he quickly grounds El Tigre and gives him a ground roundhouse kick causing him to tag in The Assassin, the only member of their team who hasn't taken any significant damage yet. Not going for a tag Shamrock goes right after Assassin and in his haste winds up knocking down the ref. Seeing an opportunity Shamrock tosses Assassin over the top rope and follows after picking up a steel chair outside. Before he can use it though Assassin comes back with a takedown and brings the match back inside. Shamrock tags to El Satanico before Assassin can capitalize. Satanico manages to latch on a Cerrejera Tangle soon after but Assassin refuses to tap out. Annoyed himself now Satanico hits a deadly Martinete, or leaping piledriver, but The Assassin merely stands straight back up after taking the move even as the referee warns him against using such illegal moves! A forward Russian Legsweep gets only a two as well and Satanico is in disbelief. The standing figure four leglock minutes later and still Assassin won't tap out. Finally a second Cerrejera Tangle is all Assassin can take as he taps out, his body wracked with pain from the series of deadly maneuvers. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 37 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit[/B] +1 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 [B]Toughness[/B] +1 [B]Safety[/B] +1

[B]Friday, Week 3[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] Shamrock knew he'd been doing well but maybe he hadn't realized quite how well when he got a call from Antonio Inoki the day before asking if he'd be interested in a tryout for New Japan Pro Wrestling, the biggest wrestling promotion in Japan. Still unsure about his own plans for the future, but with dwindling funds, Shamrock had agreed and was now set to face off against Dick Murdoch. Shamrock hasn't face many men bigger than him so Murdoch is somewhat imposing not just by reputation but just size. Ken is determined to make the best of it though and starts agressively attacking the older man's limbs hoping to limit his mobility early in the match. The strategy works and Shamrock is soon in control as he applies increasingly vicious assaults on Murdoch's arms and legs. Seemingly unsure of himself now Murdoch winds up with Shamrock behind him who delivers a nasty chop block to his already weakened legs and follows up with a series of brutal kicks. But he's unable to hit anything capable of putting the big man away and Murdoch begins to slowly come back. Two bionic elbows and a running clothesline floor Ken and Murdoch prepares to do damage of his own setting Shamrock's leg up on the rope to deliver a nasty stomp. But Ken rolls out of the way and before Murdoch can even turn about has him locked into a stranglehold for the win. After the match Murdoch shakes his hand out of respect. Shamrock had his contract with NJPW. [I]Match Rating: C in 19 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +3 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 [B]Psychology[/B] +1 Friendship with Dick Murdoch

[B]Tuesday, Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] It was back to classic tag team action for Shamrock tonight, teaming up with none other than Tito Santana against Wayne Bridges and Arn Anderson. Shamrock just hoped Tito could pull his own weight as the two agree before the match to target Bridges arms, his known weakpoint. Tito and Bridges start off and Tito does as planned using arm wringers, hammerlocks, and armbars to wear away at Bridges right arm. By the time he tags to Anderson he's noticeably treating his arm a bit gingerly. Anderson takes a bit of revenge on Tito until Santana manages to break away with a dropkick and get the tag to Ken. Shamrock goes after Arn with his usual agressive style and quickly takes control of the veteran thus causing him to tag out. Bridges and Shamrock square off evenly for a few minutes trading holds and for a minute Shamrock seems to be winning as he downs Wayne with a sweeping ankle trip, only to suffer a double-underhook suplex a moment later himself. He gets behind Wayne then and hits a chop block giving him enough time to tag Tito back in and Wayne immediately tags in Arn as well. Anderson goes right for Tito and seems to be in control until Santana hits a bionic elbow out of nowhere followed by a measured knee drop to Anderson's head. A big roundhouse punch to the body of Arn is all he can take as he tags back to Bridges who Tito quickly knocks down with a dropkick before tagging Shamrock. It proves to be a mistake as Shamrock gets in a few good hits to start but Bridges winds up doing the greater damage with a dropkick to Ken's knee and then a single leg boston crab on the same limb. When Bridges comes at him with a running headbutt, the same move that finished Shamrock off once before, he counters into a shoulder arm breaker and makes the tag to Santana. A huge neckbreaker by Tito puts him up on Wayne but when he tries to follow through with a back suplex Wayne pulls himself over to fall on top. He doesn't get the pin but the moment lets him make his own tag. Tito doesn't seem to care as he gives Arn an atomic drop and some blows on the ground before nailing the same back suplex that had failed on Wayne. Some rapid fire dropkicks keep Double A out of sorts followed by a flying knee drop for some real hurt. Arn barely gets to the ropes as Tito locks in a Figure Four and fights his way out of another moments later after Tito dropkicks him in the corner. Arn decides now to tag out back to Wayne. Tito seems to be the one getting in most of the offense when all of a sudden out of nowhere Wayne applies a scissored ankle lock. Tito has no chance and submits quickly. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 34 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] -1

Archived