Not Yet World's Most Dangerous

[B]Friday Week 4[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling TV[/I] Shamrock is more than a little pissed sitting backstage in the dressing room. Not only has he not been booked but he turned down an offer to go to arguably AJPW's biggest show of the year at the Tokyo Dome. He winds up spending most of the show talking to Isamu Teranishi. Friendship with Isamu [I][B]End of Month Synopsis[/B][/I] [U][B]Shamrock[/B][/U] [B]Japan[/B] 22 +19 [B]Spirit[/B] 33 +23 [B]Power[/B] 47 +2 [B]Technique[/B] 58 +8 [B]Speed[/B] 48 +8 [B]Psychology[/B] 54 +19 [B]Stamina[/B] 66 +6 [B]Toughness[/B] 80 +5 [B]Charisma[/B] 58 +6 [B]Microphone[/B] 14 +4 [B]Safety[/B] 49 +7 [B]Respect[/B] 5 +5 Career Record 10-9 Upper Midcarder with AJPW Enhancement Talent with NJPW [U][B]Monthly Title Changes[/B][/U] Ox Baker wins the AWA Southern Heavyweight from Jerry Lawler Mad Dog Vachon wins AWA Television from Larry Zbyszko Angel of Death wins Canadian Heavyweight from Moose Morowski Ed Wiskowski/Toru Tanaka win Canadian Open Tag Team from Haruka Eigen/Armand Rougeau Roger Kirby wins Central States Television from Bob Brown Kevin Sullivan wins Florida Heavyweight from Dory Funk Jr. Hector Guerrero wins GCW Junior Heavyweight from Les Thornton Thunderbolt Patterson wins National Television from Jake Roberts Wahoo McDaniel wins NWA World Heavyweight from Ric Flair Antonio Inoki wins NWF World Heavyweight from Tatsumi Fujinami Buddy Rose wins PNW Television from Rip Oliver Perro Aguayo wins UWA World Heavyweight from Dos Caras Mil Mascaras wins UWA World Lightweight from El Satanico El Solitario wins UWA World Middleweight from Villano I Steve Wright/Chic Cullen win World of Sports Tag Team from Dave Bond/Johnny Kincaid Pedro Morales wins WWF Intercontinental from Bob Orton Jr. Seiji Sakaguchi wins WWF International from Riki Chosyu

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For kicks here are some of the other guys people are doing dynasties for and a few big names. [B]Bret Hart[/B] CSW: 7-7 JPUK: 3-14 [B]Mark Callous[/B] CWA: 1-0 PNW: 8-10 SWCW: 17-26 [B]Jushin Lyger[/B] NJPW: 4-12 [B]Chris Benoit[/B] CSW: 5-29 [B]Chris Jericho[/B] Unemployed [B]Ultimate Warrior[/B] MSW: 6-24 [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] UWF: 0-9 [B]Steve Austin[/B] Unemployed [B]Shawn Michaels[/B] SWCW: 8-7 HCW: 8-16 (No longer with promotion) [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] MACW: 5-3 [B]Sid Vicious[/B] SECW: 0-5 (No longer with promotion, and also HAHA) [B]Jerry Lawler[/B] CWA: 10-1 [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] CMLL: 1-12 [B]Raven[/B] PNW: 1-9 [B]Randy Savage[/B] CWA: 4-2 [B]Ric Flair[/B] MACW: 9-3

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, June 1984[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Tonight was set to be a dark match but Shamrock could sort of understand why as Baba hoped to kill off his dud feud with Kawada with little fanfare as possible. With Kawada's record of 2-18 he had fallen far down the card and Ken had shot right by him to the position Kawada used to occupy on the AJPW roster. Shamrock was still friends but if he wanted a chance to take on the big fish he had to distance himself from Toshiaki. The match itself is by no means a domination as Kawada fights back valiantly and doesn't give in until a third Self-Stranglehold but the victory was still almost assured from the start. Kawada did at one point have Shamrock in a bind applying an abdominal stretch and a roll-up soon after but beyond those few seconds Ken never had much to worry as he puts Kawada behind him. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 21 minutes[/I] [B]Psychology [/B]+1

[B]Wednesday, Week 1[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Shamrock isn't on the card for tonight, which he hopes means might indicate a slot on the televised show on Friday. [B]Friday, Week 1[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] No luck today either and Shamrock is beginning to wonder just why in the heck Inoki wanted to hire him. [B]Tuesday, Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] At least Shamrock knows Baba and Dory are still eager to use him. Tonight him and Dory Funk Jr. are set to debut the tag team they discussed a while back, in the main event. Against Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta. For the NWA International Tag Team titles. Ken is eager to get the match underway as he's never been in the ring with any of the three men and wants to see just how well he stacks up against the main event crew. Dory and Baba start out in the ring. At the start Dory seems to be in trouble but he begins to get in a move here and there mostly targeted at Baba's legs, and after a third elbow drop onto the knee he tags in Ken who continues to work the same way. Realizing what the two are up to Baba tags to Jumbo. While he's probably the man in better shape, Ken is still somewhat relieved to be working against someone more his own size as it lets him use his whole arsenal. He's also surprised to find himself retaining control against the skilled man and after throwing him to the mat yet again tags Dory back in who goes to work slamming Jumbo's face into the mat. In trouble Jumbo uses his strength to bodily throw Dory into a turnbuckle and tags Baba back in. Baba does little better though as Dory continues to ground him with leg draps and drop toeholds and follows up with knee bars, elbow drops, and grapevines further degrading the giant's weakened legs. He makes a quick tag back to Jumbo when it becomes clear he's not going to be taking control back. Jumbo fares little better as Dory gives him the same treatment and after nailing a back suplex lets Ken back into the fray before he gets to tired. When Jumbo goes to tag a minute later Shamrock stops him and charges him into the corner where he delivers a huge knee to the face followed by a Boston Crab. After taking a sleeper hold Jumbo manages to fight his way to Baba who tags back in. Baba this time manages to get a few good hits in tossing Shamrock to the corner and smashing his head into the turnbuckle, but using his speed Ken slips behind and nails a chop block. He picks Baba up then and hits a leg elbow driver but now Baba seems angry. Standing up he delivers a series of blows to Ken and suddenly Shamrock finds himself lifted in the air and floored by a giant choke slam. There's no hope of kicking out as Ken is pinned and the match is over despite his team's domination most of the match. [I]Match Rating: C in 31 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Again no match tonight. [B]Friday Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] Yet again Ken isn't booked and twiddles his thumbs backstage getting frustrated.

[B]Tuesday, Week 3[/B] [I]NJPW Fukuoka Dome[/I] Shamrock had to let Baba and Dory know he'd be going to the NJPW event tonight at the Fukuoka Dome and fortunately they understood. Finally it seemed he was getting booked into a match against another young up and comer, Mitsuharu Misawa. Ken takes control early in the match continuing to ground the high flier to apply his holds. He targets the young man's limbs and soon has him in trouble with a double underhook suplex followed by a boston crab. But Misawa continues to fight back nailing a neckbreaker after slipping behind Ken. Misawa then takes control, nailing a side spinning kick, dropkick to the knee, and then a hammerlock kick all in rapid succession. Hurting Ken drops to a knee and looks up to see Misawa coming at him with a springboard kick. Ken dodges and when Misawa turns to face him catches him with an STO. It's all back and forth now as both men are battered, Misawa using springboards and the top rope to deliver big hits while Ken concentrates on applying holds and an occasional suplex including a nasty face first. A rolling single leg lock gives Ken back a slight advantage. Deciding to give Misawa a taste of his own medicine, Ken bodyslams him and heads up top to give a flying standing knee when Misawa stands. The move throws Misawa to the ground hard and Ken follows through with a move he'd learned only recently, the Cristo Suspended Full Nelson. Completely at Ken's mercy Misawa submits. [I]Match Rating: B- in 28 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +2 [B]Technique[/B] +1 [B]Speed[/B] +1 [I]Should note I have altered Ken's moveset, hence the suspended full nelson victory.[/I]

[B]Tuesday, Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW[/I] Shamrock isn't booked on either the dark matches or televised portion of the show. He hopes he hasn't upset Baba by taking the job with NJPW last week but he isn't overly concerned as he needed the rest with some of the intense training he's been doing. [I]Shamrock has dropped all speed training which is now at 50 and put all of that into technique which had just reached 60 and wouldn't go higher until training regimen was 50% technique.[/I] [B]Wednesday, Week 4[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] No booking tonight. [B] Thursday, Week 4[/B] AJPW Sumo Hall No booking again tonight and now Shamrock is really worried about his company status. [B]Friday, Week 4[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] Another night, another case of not being booked. Ken is starting to think the time to head back to North America might be upon him. [I][B] End of Month Synopsis[/B][/I] [U][B] Shamrock[/B][/U] [B]Japan[/B] 24 +21 [B]Spirit[/B] 33 +23 [B]Power[/B] 48 +3 [B]Technique[/B] 60 +10 [B]Speed[/B] 50 +10 [B]Psychology[/B] 57 +22 [B]Stamina[/B] 66 +6 [B]Toughness[/B] 80 +5 [B]Charisma[/B] 59 +7 [B]Microphone[/B] 15 +5 [B]Safety[/B] 50 +8 [B]Respect[/B] 6 AJPW 10-10 NJPW 2-0 Career Record 12-10 Upper Midcarder with AJPW Enhancement Talent with NJPW [U][B]Title Changes this Month[/B][/U] Robert Fuller wins Alabama Heavyweight from Joel Deaton Ox Baker wins AWA International from Austin Idol Jim Brunzell wins AWA Light Heavyweight from Steve Regal Ken Patera wins AWA Television from Mad Dog Vachon Marty Jones wins British Light Heavyweight from Mal Sanders Abdullah the Butcher wins Canadian Television from Bobo Brazil Buzz Tyler wins Central States Television from Roger Kirby Yvon Cormier wins International Heavyweight Title from Leo Burke Terry Adonis wins Maritime Heavyweight Title from Killer Karl Krupp Ricky Steamboat/Jack Brisco win Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team from The Assasin/Assassin #2 The Assassin wins North American Heavyweight from Junkyard Dog Mil Mascaras wins NWA World Middleweight from Canek Buddy Rose wins PNW Heavyweight from Bobby Jaggers Eric Embry wins Southwest Television from Gilles Poisson Kintaro Oki wins Universal International Heavyweight from Akira Maeda Bugsy McGraw wins WCCW Television from Super Destroyer John Quinn wins World Mid-Heavyweight from Mil Mascaras Carolos Colon wins WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight from Mr. Pogo Greg Valentine wins WWF Heavyweight from George Steele Riki Chosyu wins WWF International from Seiji Sakaguchi

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, July 1984[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] A dark match tonight but Ken is just happy to be scheduled at all. Tonight he's set to face off against Tito Santana. It's all Ken for most of the match and at the 12 minute mark he applies a single arm bar takedown. Tito fights out and gets a flurry of forearms followed by a Boston Crab for his troubles. A moment later and Ken hits a Fisherman's Suplex, a nice little move he had been practicing for the last few weeks, but Tito kicks out. A self stranglehold also gets no victory a minute later. Tito starts to come back now, reversing a whip into the corner and smashing Ken's face on the turnbuckle. After nailing a clothesline he goes to pick Ken up and eats another Fisherman Suplex out of nowhere but again kicks out. So Ken instead picks him up and hits a face first suplex into a Cavernaria Clutch at last getting the submission victory. [I]Match Rating: C in 15 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +2 [B]Spirit [/B]+3 Wednesday, Week 1 NJPW Puroresu Another match, maybe management really was going to give him a chance after all. Tonight Ken was in an opening tag match with three other enhancement talents of NJPW. He was teamed up with Shinya Hashimoto going up against Bill Irwin and Jushin Lyger. Ken and Bill start out the match. Ken easily controls Irwin and forces him to make the tag after 3 minutes of getting his limbs twisted. The two square off for a couple minutes before Ken gets behind Liger with a hammerlock and drives him into his corner where he tags in Shinya who delivers a series of shoulder rams. Jushin is in big trouble as Shinya proceeds to destroy him with a wrenching head scissors and hits a big double underhook suplex. Missing a standing splash, Jushin goes up top and comes off with a flying palm thrust, but misses and gets a double chop to the throat followed by a DDT. Not content with that, Shinya picks him up and delivers a massive Powerbomb into a Fujiwara armbar for the submission victory. Match Rating: C in [B]6 minutes[/B] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit[/B] +1

[B]Friday, Week 1[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] Ken was a bit upset coming into work today. AJPW had gone and made another major expansion and as a result Shamrock had been told he'd be bumped all the way back down to an opening slot from his upper midcard status. If only he'd won those damn tag titles when he'd had the chance... Tonight though he couldn't worry about it, facing off against Black Cat in one on one competition. It's even enough to start but soon Shamrock hits a short arm knee lift before driving Black Cat into the corner and hitting the huge knee to the face. He tries to fight back using Irish whips to keep Shamrock off balance but finally eats a back suplex for his troubles. A tomahawk chop finally seems to throw Ken for a loop momentarily but a chop block and Boston Crab combo have Black Cat on the mat hurting soon enough. Getting desperate, Black Cat takes several shots at the eyes of Shamrock and hits a few small packages afterwards looking for a cheap victory. Angered by this Ken throws him over the top rope getting himself a warning from the ref and waits for Black Cat to stand before hitting a nasty baseball slide. Outside the ring Black Cat though finally takes control and rolls Ken back in, hitting a spinning head scissors. All of a sudden though Shamrock nails a Fisherman Suplex and gets the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: C+ in in 18 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1

[B]Saturday Week 1[/B] [I]AJPW Summer Action Series[/I] With only 7 days before his contract came up for renewal Ken knew he needed to do all he could to get himself over if he wanted the best deal possible as he had decided to stay in Japan another few months for money if nothing else now. Tonight he was set to square off against Solar. Solar dominates for the first few minutes until Shamrock reverses an irish whip and catches him with a clothesline, then brutally attacking him on the mat. A high knee in the corner and a belly to belly suplex only further throw him out of sorts as Shamrock goes at him with newfound aggressiveness. A face first suplex knocks him for a loop and as he stands Ken catches him with a chop block into a Cavernaria Clutch, but Solar refuses to submit. Ken picks him up and immediately nails a Fisherman's Suplex but still Solar won't give in. Shamrock throws him into the corner and nails a Glittering Magician busting him wide open but when he picks him up Solar hits him with a Hurricanrana. Unfortunately the move only seems to enrage Ken who drives him back into the corner viciously before taking him to the top rope and delivering a massive Superplex for the 1-2-3. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 16 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +1 [B]Spirit [/B]+2 [B]Technique [/B]+1 [B]Speed [/B]+1

[B]Tuesday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu [/I] Another dark match, this time against Mighty Inoue. Ken is control most of the beginning and floors Inoue with a clothesline. Mighty starts to come back with a few quick takedowns but when Shamrock locks in a Boston Crab followed by a double arm belly to belly suplex he's in big trouble. Somehow he hangs on through a Cristo Suspended Full Nelson and then kicks out of a Fisherman Suplex Ken nails directly after. Coming back now with a few well placed kicks and takedowns, Shamrock suddenly shoves him in the corner and delivers a glittering magician. Mighty is woozy but still manages to deliver an Abdominal Claw to take control. He then locks in the Boston Crab three times causing Shamrock to scream in pain but he refuses to submit. Inoue throws him into the corner and charges but Shamrock sidesteps and as Mighty wobbles out after impacting the turnbuckle Ken delivers another Fisherman Suplex for the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: B- in 24 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +3 [B]Spirit[/B] +3 That night Shamrock decides he needs a new edge to really continue dominating especially once he's back in North America and begins a training regimen to pack on a few more pounds of muscle to turn himself into a heavyweight, figuring it'll take a little over 2 months.

[B]Wednesday, Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Time for another hectic multi-man match. This time out it's Ken teaming with Kazuo Yamazaki and Mighty Inoue going up against Huracan Ramirez, Mitsuharu Misawa, and Hiroshi Hase. Ken and Huracan start the match. Ken takes control early with shoulder rams in the corner followed by a straddled armbar. A chop block and Boston Crab continue to wear down the luchadore and Ken tags out to Yamazaki hoping he can keep control and stop Huracan from tagging out. Unfortunately while he does manage to hit a nice double arm belly to belly Huracan does reach his corner and in comes Hiroshi. The two square off with neither gaining an advantage until Yamazaki hits a nice backdrop and Hiroshi decides to tag in Misawa. Misawa begins to tear into the tired Yamazaki who retreats to his corner after taking a tiger driver and let Mighty in at the 9 minute mark. He lands a few blows and then Hiroshi is back in. Mighty continues to keep control eventually landing an atomic drop and then a charging forearm to knock Hiroshi nearly out. Hiroshi has no choice but to tag and Mighty does the same bringing in Shamrock vs Misawa. Ken immediately takes control and within minutes has a Boston Crab locked in but Misawa refuses to tap. A short arm clothesline and leg elbow driver weaken Misawa further before Ken finally locks in a Cavernia Clutch for the submission victory. [I]Match Rating: C in 17 minutes[/I] [B] Thursday Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW Sumo Hall[/I] Shamrock isn't booked on the monthly stadium show but he isn't to upset, he could use the break after all. [B]Friday Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] Now Ken is a little miffed at not being booked again but he can live with it, contract renegotiation is coming back up tomorrow with AJPW so most of his attention is focused on that anyway. [B]Saturday Week 2[/B] Ken heads over to see Giant Baba at his office and Baba hands him a new contract. Ken quickly notices that it's still for an opening position on the roster but when his eyes spot the new amount per appearance his heart speeds up a bit. Rather than the meager $40 an appearance he had been making Baba was offering him a good $212. There's little hesitation for him to sign as his bank account was approaching empty but he swore to himself once this contract was up he was leaving Japan.

[B]Tuesday Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/I] A rematch from his dark match last week, Ken was once again set to face off against Mighty Inoue, but this time he'd be getting more than 5 times the money he earned last week to do it. Mighty barely has time to get situated before Shamrock is all over him. Getting in no more than an occasional waistlock, Ken dominates the smaller man, eventually scoring a second rope knee drop and double underhook suplex. A chop block is soon followed by a leg elbow driver and Boston Crab but Mighty doesn't submit. Minutes later and both tumble through the air as Ken nails a Superplex but he doesn't go for the pinfall, letting Mighty get to his feet before applying a Fisherman Suplex, but Inoue kicks out. Mighty finally begins to get in some offense about 18 minutes into the match by nailing several handstand knee drives in succession, an atomic drop, then a grapevine, but Shamrock counters back with a back suplex and moments later another Fisherman for a nearfall. When Inoue goes to attempt a swinging neckbreaker, Ken slips behind him and latches on a self stranglehold for the victory. [I]Match Rating: B- in 22 minutes[/I] [B]Japan[/B] +2 [B]Spirit [/B]+2 [B]Technique [/B]+1 [B]Speed [/B]+1 After the match Baba lets him know he's putting Ken back into the lower midcard. Ken's happy but wonders how much more his contract would have been worth if he'd been a lower midcarder before Saturday.

[B]Wednesday Week 3[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Another one on one match for Shamrock tonight going up against Kuniaki Kobayashi. Lou Albano, Kobayashi's manager, is thrown out within the first two minutes after grabbing Ken's foot from the outside. It's mostly back and forth until Ken nails a flurry of forearms and a short-arm clothesline to really hurt Kuniaki. The chop block Boston Crab combo continues to wear away at Kobayashi but by now he's also managed to get in a few good hits on Ken as well. Three hammerlock kicks have Ken grabbing his arm in pain but a single arm bar takedown does the same thing to Kuniaki. A sustained suplex earns some oohs and ahhs from the crowd before Ken brings him down to the mat and latches on a Cavernia Clutch but Kuniaki doesn't give in. A self stranglehold a moment later has the same result and now both men are showing signs of being ready to collapse. A fisherman suplex only gets a two by Shamrock and now he's getting angry. So he grabs Kobayashi again and delivers a face first suplex into another Cavernia Clutch. Kuniaki's back can't stand the strain and he at last taps out. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 23 minutes[/I] [B]Friday Week 3[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/I] This time Ken is set to go up against Koudou Fuyuki. It's all Ken for the first 10 minutes or so until Fuyuki manages to blast him with a short-arm clothesline, but a knee breaker, chop block, and running double axe-handle had all put the hurt on the Japanese wrestler by then. Seemingly coming back now Ken stops Fuyuki in his tracks with a corner Glittering Magician, followed by a face first suplex and Cavernia Clutch, but he refuses to tap out yet. Fighting back Shamrock again grounds the smaller man with a chop block and latches on a suspended full nelson, but still he won't give in. A self-stranglehold also doesn't put Koudou away and Ken wonders what it's going to take to end this match as he then proceeds to kick out of a Fisherman Suplex. Having hit everything he's capable of on the ground, Ken whips Koudou hard into the corner and takes him up top for a Superplex. That does it as he stays down for the three count. [I]Match Rating: B- in 21 minutes[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] A dark match and once again Shamrock will be facing Mighty Inoue despite the two of them not technically feuding. He wanted a shot at guys higher up the card than him, or at least someone he could learn from, but from their last two encounters Shamrock knew he was the better technical wrestler. After nailing a corner Glittering Magician inside of 10 minutes Shamrock was well in control when Mighty suddenly took him to the mat and wouldn't let him up hitting a long series of armbars and chinlocks. Fed up with the small man's tactics Shamrock makes his way to his feet and tosses him over the top rope. He hits a back suplex and belly to back suplex on the outside before latching on a Cavernia Clutch. When Shamrock nails a Russian Legsweep onto a steel chair though the referee disqualifies him. Ken doesn't seem to care in the slightest and after staring down at the fallen Mighty Inoue for a while he walks off in back to the boos of the crowd. [I]Match Rating: C in 17 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 4[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Tonight he faces Osamu Kido. Ken is just happy not for it to be Mighty Inoue. Shamrock takes control early on and by the 20 minute mark seems to be dominating the match as he nails a Russian Legsweep, this time legally inside the ring. A self stranglehold soon after doesn't get the win but does put the hurt on Kido. After grounding Ken a minute later he tries to catch his breath only for Shamrock to spring up and nail an STO. Ken uses a sleeper hold to weaken him further after being unable to get Kido in the corner where he wants him and by now Ken is in bad shape himself. The crowd roars it's approval as Kido locks in a Short Arm Scissors but Ken refuses to tap out and fights back. Judo sweeping Kido down he applies his suspended full nelson but Kido resists this as well and Ken finally has to release him, only to turn him about and nail a Fisherman Suplex for a nearfall. Another self stranglehold and still Kido won't give in. Ken is getting angry now but tries to contain himself so he doesn't get DQed again. He takes Kido up top and attempts a superplex, but Osamu rolls through and starts to pin Shamrock who barely gets the shoulder up. He does the same on a back suplex and then even a bodyslam. Completely out of sorts now by the three quick pin attempts Ken is caught unawares by the Octopus Stretch and finds himself forced to tap out. His 10 match winning streak has now turned into a 2 match losing streak. [I]Match Rating: B- in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Sunday Week 4[/B] Ken wasn't booked on World Wrestling Pro Friday but he needed the break anyway after the two losses in a row. Fortunately they hadn't impacted his heat very much but they still bothered him. Training on Saturday he noticed his stamina wasn't quite as good as it had been since he started putting on weight to reach heavyweight status, but once his weight regimen was over he figured he could make it back up. [I][B] End of Month Synopsis[/B][/I] [U] [B]Shamrock[/B][/U] [B]Japan[/B] 39 +36 [B]Spirit[/B] 46 +36 [B]Power[/B] 49 +4 [B]Technique[/B] 64 +14 [B]Speed[/B] 52 +12 [B]Psychology[/B] 60 +25 (Peaked) [B]Stamina[/B] 65 +5 [B]Toughness[/B] 80 +5 [B]Charisma[/B] 60 +8 [B]Microphone[/B] 17 +7 [B]Safety[/B] 54 +12 [B]Respect[/B] 9 AJPW 14-11 NJPW 7-1 Career Record 21-12 Lower midcarder with AJPW Opener with NJPW [U][B] Monthly Title Changes[/B][/U] Plowboy Frazier wins Alabama Heavyweight from Robert Fuller Dale Lewis wins British Commonwealth Heavyweight from Fumihiro Nikura Mal Sanders wins British Light Heavyweight from Marty Jones The Mighty Igor/Angelo Mosca win Canadian Open Tag Team from Toru Tanaka/Ed Wiskowski Harley Race wins Central States Television from Buzz Tyler Kim Duk wins HCW Championship from Magnum T.A. Killer Karl Krupp wins International Heavyweight Title from Yvon Cormier Jeff Costa wins Maritime Heavyweight Title from Terry Adonis Bruiser Brody/Ronnie Garvin win National Tag Team from The Road Warriors Jimmy Golden wins Southeastern Heavyweight from The Flame Brian Maxine wins World Light Heavyweight from Jim Breaks El Solitario wins WWF Junior Heavyweight from Yoshiaki Fujiwara Lars Anderson has defended the Polynesian Pacific Title 16 times now

I've finally decided to have Shamrock head back to North America in 6 weeks. This will: A) Give me a little bit of cash to work with since he was nearing flat broke before his contract renewal B) Let him bulk up to Heavyweight status C) Give him time to reach the next tier of technical and power wrestling to give him an even more fleshed out moveset Now I just need to decide where to head, either in the US or Canada, as I'll have to work for at least two and possibly three promotions to keep my money situation stable as I'll be starting from scratch again unless my popularity really sky rockets here in Japan between now and then.

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, August 1984[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] A dark match tonight going up against Wayne Bridges. Shamrock begins to dish out the heavy hits first after nailing a short arm knee lift, holding on, and then following with a short arm clothesline. But the advantage doesn't last as Bridges goes to work on Shamrock with a series of takedowns. It's neck and neck again with Bridges hitting a running dropkick until Ken suddenly bounces up and nails an STO before following with a Boston Crab. He gets to the ropes from a Cavernia Clutch and then further resists a self stranglehold. Every escape lets Bridges get in a few more shots of his own including a single leg Boston Crab. A second stranglehold and again Bridges fights out. Ken does manage to hit a face first suplex but it hardly seems to phase Bridges who begins to fight back even harder. Shamrock tries a third stranglehold but Wayne still refuses to give in. A fourth and still no go as Wayne now is trying to apply a deadly ankle lock every chance he has. A FIFTH Japanese Self-Stranglehold and Bridges still refuses to submit! A second STO by Shamrock buys him some time as he stares down at Wayne incredulously. He takes a spot and waits until Wayne stands before delivering a chop block, then hurriedly picks him up again to nail a Fisherman Suplex. That finally does the madman in as Shamrock gets the 1-2-3. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 24 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 1[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Back to another tag match, Shamrock met his partner backstage Dick Slater and they discussed their opponents, Tony St. Clair and Mitsuhara Misawa. Ken and Tony start off the match. Ken dominates Tony for the first 4 minutes and he scrambles to tag to Misawa. Misawa immediately sets to work on Shamrock not even giving him a chance to tag until he nails a double underhook suplex and Ken like Tony goes running to his corner to tag out. Slater looking to slow down Misawa leads off with an eye rake. It's enough as he soon drops Misawa with a back suplex and then knocks him outside the ring, following with a baseball slide. Misawa manages to regain his senses and hit a few basic takedowns and strikes before Dirty Dick slams his head into the ringside barrier. Moments later and Misawa's head is bouncing off the announce table before Dick locks in a Boston Crab on the outside of the ring, or rather three of them in a row as Misawa tries to struggle out of it. Just as he regains his footing though Dick hits a DDT onto the hard floor. He rolls Misawa in and applies yet another Boston Crab and the young star has to submit. [I]Match Rating: D in 16 minutes[/I]

[B]Friday Week 1[/B] [I]NJPW World Pro Wrestling [/I] Not booked in a match tonight. [B] Monday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Budokan Hall[/I] Multi-man match tonight with Ken teaming up with Shiro Koshinaka and Canek going up against Tito Santana, Mighty Inoue, and Solar. Ken idly wonders if he might not find a way tonight to put Inoue out of action for a few months as he's tired of facing the little strong man. Shiro and Tito start off the match. Despite being the smaller of the two, Shiro manages to give Tito a run for his money who finally separates them with a dropkick and tags to Solar. Shiro decides to bring in Canek then after nailing a judo sweep. Canek takes control after a bit of chain wrestling and hits a cartwheel corner kick followed by a basement dropkick to knock Solar for a loop. A rolling senton and back suplex follow soon after and Solar is in trouble, but manages to make the tag to Mighty as Canek tries heading to the top. Rather than give Mighty a chance to work on him after he tired himself Canek tags in Shamrock who comes in with an odd smile on his face and Mighty hesitates a bit remembering what happened in their last match. After taking a short arm judo toss Mighty is already in trouble after only a couple of minutes in ring with Shamrock. After taking a double underhook suplex Mighty has had enough and scrambles to Tito. Santana goes to work on Ken and after grounding him locks in a number of armbars, knee drops, and simply slamming his face into the mat 3 times and his teammates can tell he's in trouble. Finally Ken manages to slip away and tags Shiro back into the match. Shiro gets some quick revenge for his teammate after taking Tito down and Santana lets Mighty back in before he winds up in real trouble. Mighty doesn't fare any better though and after nearly getting a judo choke locked in on himself he tags to Solar. After giving Solar an armbreaker Shiro finally tags in Canek at the 22 minute mark. A quick tag to Tito follows who takes a back suplex immediately. Tito is hardly helpless though as he hits some body scissors and a backdrop, but Canek still retains most of the control, hitting an Arrow Suplex that Tito barely gets the shoulder up from. He tags to Solar who zips in to hit a Hurricanrana and charging forearm before applying a Magistral Cradle, but the referee had gotten knocked out during the exchange. In the confusion Canek tags Shiro back into the match. Shiro and Solar go at it with Shiro hitting some nice holds on the ground but unable to apply his deadly judo choke and Solar hitting a victory roll out of nowhere for a two before tagging to Mighty. The two are neck and neck as they exchange blows and holds. Finally Shiro lands a Forward Russian Legsweep busting Mighty wide open and letting him get the pin. [I]Match Rating: C in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 2[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] A dark match against one of his opponents from last night, Solar. A corner high knee in the first 6 minutes gives Ken the edge. Solar comes back with a legdrop to the groin of Ken, but this only seems to infuriate him as he drives Solar into the corner and delivers an even more vicious knee in the form of a Glittering Magician. An STO a minute later and Solar is in big trouble now. He manages to take one good shot with a Charging Forearm but finally Ken pulls out the win with the Cavernia Clutch. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 15 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 2[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] Shamrock was going up against Osamu Kido tonight. Ken takes Osamu down hard after a few minutes with a clothesline and then delivers some mounted punches, Kido escapes just long enough for Ken to nail a chop block and lock on an armbar. A back suplex, more punches and another armbar followed up by a Boston Crab and Kido is hurting. A flurry of forearms by Ken and Kido tries to fight back but then gets whipped into the corner. He fights out but then gets mashed again into the turnbuckle and Ken nails a beautiful super belly to back flip throw. Kido is out cold but rather than pin him Ken locks in a vicious Cristo Suspended Full Nelson and makes him submit instead. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 14 minutes[/I] After the match Ken discusses with Inoki about picking up Lou Albano as a manager and forming a tag team with Canek. Both plans are approved. While he's at it he also calls Baba and sets up a feud with his friend Gran Hamada. [B]Tuesday Week 3[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Another match against Wayne Bridges tonight. The two are evenly matched until Ken finally lands a shooter takedown and follows up with a seated punch flurry. A double underhook suplex followed by a second rope knee drop a minute later keeps Wayne on the mat. Shamrock then nails a chop block and Wayne struggles out of a Boston Crab only to get caught by a STO. Short arm clothesline and Boston Crab has Wayne in danger now of giving in. Shamrock whips him in the corner and prepares to deliver a Superplex, but Wayne pushes him off and hits a flying double axe-handle to the delight of the crowd as Ken shows his first signs of being hurt. Ken manages to hit a back suplex but then it's all Wayne as he stops everything Ken attempts with a well-aimed punch and follows up with elbows and takedowns. With the referee knocked out during Wayne's fury Ken throws him over the top rope sending him crashing to the floor to give himself some breathing room. Outside the ring he gives Wayne a Russian Legsweep onto a steel chair which the ref does see and gives him a warning for. Back in the ring Wayne springs back to life and whips Shamrock into the ropes, then follows with a Running Headbutt! 1-2-...no Shamrock gets the shoulder up! Unfortunately he's to weak to defend himself from a second Running Headbutt directly after. Wayne gets the pin this time and it's over. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 22 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 3[/B] [I]NJPW Puroresu[/I] One on one against Tony St. Clair and Shamrock couldn't be more eager for the chance to make up for his loss yesterday. He nearly makes it two losses in two after St. Clair gets the shoulder up from his Fisherman Suplex and comes back with numerous small packages and school boys, grounded crucifix cradle, reversing a superplex into a roll-up, and the huge Axe. But Ken gets the shoulder up each time and finally latches on a Japanese Self Stranglehold for the victory. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 28 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 4[/B] [I]AJPW Puroresu[/I] Ken and Gran were set to give their feud a trial run tonight in a dark match. Ken wanted this to be a good one. After 10 minutes of back and forth takedowns and small strikes Ken is on top of Gran delivering a flurry of punches. Gran throws him off and stands only to get a chop block and another round of blows to the face. Again he fights out only to get a short-arm clothesline and he's in trouble. Shamrock manages to nail a Russian Legsweep but Hamada fights back now and a leg elbow driver has Shamrock reeling in pain. With surprising agility he grabs Gran and rolls through into a leg lock but Hamada fights out. A corner glittering magician puts Ken back in control now when suddenly Gran throws him to the mat with a short arm judo toss and applies a rolling hammerlock! Ken fights out but is badly hurt. He's whipped into the corner and Hamada hits a charging forearm. Shamrock collapses to the mat as Hamada goes up top for a flying knee drop, but Ken rolls out of the way. Both men stagger to their feet but Ken scoops up Hamada into a side suplex and then latches on the suspended full nelson for the submission. [I]Match Rating: B- in 23 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 4, NJPW Puroresu[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock/The Missing Link vs Hiroshi Hase/Mitsuharu Misawa[/I] Ken and Hiroshi start off the match. Hiroshi is in trouble fast as Shamrock absolutely dominates the man quickly nailing a back suplex and mounted punches. Soon he nails a chop block and Boston Crab and Hiroshi is in big trouble as Ken tries for a German suplex but he fights out. After finally nailing a takedown Hiroshi applies a few basic holds before tagging out and Ken does the same. It goes down the same though as Link similarly tears into Misawa, the bigger man simply pummeling away whether on their feet or on the ground, using his arms and head. When he misses a Big Splash it gives Misawa a bit of breathing room to get in some shots of his own before he tags Hiroshi back in. Hiroshi winds up taking a full nelson for his troubles. This time around Link also doesn't miss on the Big Splash and laughing goes to tag, but the ref is busy checking on Hiroshi and misses it who tags out himself. When he tries to irish whip Missing Link though it gets reversed and he winds up taking a big boot while the ref goes down in the chaos as well. Ken in who immediately applies an ankle lock followed by a triangle choke, but of course with the ref out the moves are merely to destroy Misawa who goes crawling to his corner to tag Hiroshi back in gasping for breath. Hiroshi finally manages to do some significant damage as he comes in with short arm knee lifts and a second rope dropkick, but an inverted sleeper quickly stops his offense. An ankle lock does further damage but he refuses to give in as Lou Albano gets on the apron arguing with the ref. A suspended full nelson now and STILL no submission but he does tag out to Misawa, who runs headfirst into a Fisherman Suplex that he barely kicks out of. So Ken lets Link back into the fray to see if he can put them away. Immediately he nails a spear on the struggling Misawa, but his manager Curtis Iaekuka breaks up the count. But he can't stop Misawa from submitting to a huge Bear Hug a minute later. [I]Match Rating: B- in 27 minutes[/I] [B]Friday Week 4, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock vs Haruka Eigen[/I] They're evenly matched for a few minutes until Ken drops him with a Judo sweep and uses his mounted punches. Chop block and knee breaker soon after only add to Haruka's problem. A rear head chancery drops Haruka in pain and then Shamrock locks in a Boston Crab. Surprisingly Haruka taps out. Ken makes sure to call him a wuss before leaving the ring. [I]Match Rating: E in 10 minutes[/I] [B]Saturday Week 4, New Japan in Pakistan[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock vs Tony St. Clair[/I] A rematch but Ken supposes for the folks in Pakistan it's probably new, and Ken doesn't mind fighting someone of Tony's caliber, he's always bound to learn something new. Like for instance he's not unstoppable as Tony takes control of the match with a knee breaker and double arm lever. Before things get out of hand though Shamrock pounds him into the corner and nails a corner forearm charge and some seated punches to let Tony know who's boss. Then a double underhook suplex and armbar to drive the point home. Followed by a flurry of forearms, more punches, and a Boston Crab in case Tony is a slow learner. A face-first suplex, STO, then released German Suplex and now Tony is graduated as Shamrock goes for the kill. But Tony manages to reach the ropes from the ankle lock and following that actually tries a roll-up. Luckily Lou distracts him letting Shamrock throw him into the corner. A minute later and he's flipping through the air with a Super Back to Belly suplex. Continuing to fight out of Ken's submission holds however Ken instead nails a Fisherman Suplex for the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: B- in 16 minutes[/I] [I][B]End of Month Synopsis[/B][/I] [U][B] Shamrock[/B][/U] Japan 50 Spirit 58 Power 49 Technique 66 Speed 53 Psychology 60 Stamina 64 Toughness 82 Charisma 60 Microphone 18 Safety 56 Looks 65 Respect 10 Midcarder with AJPW, $212 an appearance Lower Midcarder with NJPW, $80 an appearance 18-12 AJPW 13-1 NJPW 31-13 Career Record [I]Friends[/I] Canek Curtis Iaukea Dick Murdoch Dory Funk Jr. Gama Singh Giant Baba Gran Hamada Isamu Teranishi Johnny Rodz Kantaro Hoshino Koudou Fuyuki Kung Fu Kyohei Wada Manny Fernandez Mascara Sagrada Mil Mascaras Terry Funk The Sensational Destroyer Tito Santana Toshiaki Kawada Villano II Villan III Wayne Bridges Available Money $2,404 [U][B]Title Changes in August[/B][/U] The Flame wins Alabama Heavyweight from Plowboy Frazier The Crusher wins AWA Television from Ken Patera Marty Jones wins British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight from Mark Rocco Al Tomko wins Canadian Heavyweight from Angel of Death Pampero Firpo wins Canadian Television from Abdullah the Butcher The Purple Haze wins CWF Television from Blackjack Mulligan Animal Hamaguchi wins Maritime Heavyweight from Phil Lafon Tatsumi Fujinami wins NWF World Heavyweight from Antonio Inoki Plowboy Frazier/Robert Fuller win Southeastern Tag Team from Arn/Anderson/Jerry Stubbs Ken Timbs wins Southwest Heavyweight from Killer Tim Brooks Tatsumi Fujinami wins Universal International Heavyweight from Kintaro Oki El Satanico wins UWA World Lightweight from Mil Mascaras Dean Ho/Don Running Bear win UWA World Tag Team from La Park/El Hijo del Diablo Killer Karl Kox wins WCCW Television from Bugsy McGraw Hercules Ayala wins WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight from Carlos Colon Roddy Piper wins WWF Intercontinental from Pedro Morales Tatsumi Fujinami wins WWF International from Dos Caras Now the big question. My plan had been to leave in 2 weeks once my power reached 50 and I was a heavyweight. Thing is I'm doing FANTASTIC in Japan and if I reach 60 overness now before heading back to the US not only will I have a buttload more money, but my global overness will increase which means I don't have to start from scratch. So, any ideas folks?

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, September 1984, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock vs The Assassin[/I] Evenly paced until Shamrock nails a nice headbutt and follows with a short arm deep hiptoss. But Assassin comes right back with an inside toe hold after a snapmare. Chop block and armbar, Assassin back with the bionic elbow, Ken with short arm clothesline and now a Boston Crab but no submission. Assassin scoops him up and hits a side suplex afterwards. Belly to belly suplex by Ken barely slows Assassin down as he delivers another bionic elbow. Another side suplex then stomps onto the arm of Shamrock. Hammerlock kick by Shamrock but yet another bionic elbow by Assassin then a big running knee. Ken turns the tables yet again though with a big STO. Inverted Sleeper a moment later but Assassin fights out of it so Ken rewards him with some repeated knee lifts. Assassin however takes the time to load his mask without the ref's notice and delivers a massive headbutt. 1-2-3 it's over as Ken loses. [I]Match Rating: C+ in 22 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 1, NJPW Puroresu[/B] [I]Not booked on tonight's show.[/I]

[B]Friday Week 1, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [I]Not booked on tonight's show[/I] [B]Sunday Week 1[/B] After his training regimen today Shamrock had his instructor weigh him in. His several weeks of focused training and dieting had paid off as he had moved into the Heavyweight class. This should give him a huge advantage over many of the lightweight stars of Japan. [B]Tuesday Week 2, AJPW Puroresu[/B] [I]Not booked on tonight's show[/I] Wednesday Week 2, NJPW Puroresu [I]Not booked on tonight's show[/I] [B]Friday Week 2, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [I]Not booked on tonight's show[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 3, AJPW Puroresu[/B] [I]Not booked on tonight's show. [/I] Shamrock decides that if he's not booked tomorrow with NJPW he's turning in his notices and heading back to North America as the situation here has gotten ridiculous. [B] Wednesday Week 3, NJPW Puroresu[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock vs Haruka Eigen[/I] With two weeks of no matches at all Ken is pumped for this fight. Only a few minutes in he begins his mounted punches and slams Haruka to the mat with a back suplex. An extended armbar and double underhook suplex continue to wear away at Haruka and Ken's manager Lou helps him to maintain control whenever Haruka goes on offense. After taking a roundhouse kick Haruka manages to stay on his feet and goes on an offensive flurry before Shamrock finally reverses an irish whip and catches him with a clothesline off the ropes. Trying to regain that momentum Haruka latches on a side headlock only for Shamrock to slip out and deliver a massive released German Suplex. He's unable to lock in a ground submission but when Haruka struggles to his feet he latches on an Inverted Sleeper, only to have him fight out of it. Ken floors him again with an STO and latches on the ankle lock only for him to again fight out. Wanting to put this one away Shamrock whips him into the corner and takes him up to nail a Superplex before applying the suspended full nelson and Haruka finally submits. [I]Match Rating: B- in 16 minutes[/I] [B]Thursday Week 3, AJPW WWC Anniversary Show[/B] [I]Not booked tonight[/I] [B]Friday Week 3, AJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [I]Ken Shamrock vs Davey Boy Smith[/I] British Bulldog controls the start of the match until Lou Albano distracts him letting Shamrock get in a well-timed headbutt. But it doesn't last as Davey refuses to stay on the mat even after taking a chop block. Ken takes him to the corner and again he fights out dishing out more pain. Ken grounds him with a rear head chancery and finally manages to deliver the seated punches. A back suplex backfires but Ken quickly comes back with a leg elbow driver. Again Davey Boy fights back though using single leg boston crabs and a front leg shoulder tackle that sends Shamrock down hard. A running knee and Ken is looking dizzy when suddenly he latches his arm around Davey's neck and connects with his STO. Another front leg shoulder tackle sends him to the mat though as Davey Boy starts working the crowd and connects with a huge discus punch. Ken slides out of a running powerslam and lands on his feet to smoothly turn it into a Russian Legsweep. Both men up and Davey gets behind him with a Swinging Full Nelson that Ken needs everything to get out of. He rolls out of the way of a Gorilla Press and slaps on the Suspended Full Nelson but Davey is to strong as he pries his way out without submitting. Not wanting to draw this out purely for a submission with as hard as the British Bulldog is fighting Ken instead nails the Fisherman Suplex for the pinfall. [I]Match Rating: B- in 17 minutes[/I]

Archived