Not Yet World's Most Dangerous

[U]September 1985 Synopsis[/U] [COLOR=Blue]Shamrock[/COLOR] [B]USA [/B]73 [B]Canada [/B]40 [B]Mexico [/B]40 [B]Japan [/B]96 [B]UK [/B]20 [B]Europe [/B]20 [B]Australia [/B]20 [B]Spirit [/B]76 [B]Power [/B]53 [B]Technique [/B]80 [B]Speed [/B]72 [B]Psychology [/B]60 [B]Stamina [/B]69 [B]Toughness [/B]84 [B]Charisma [/B]68 [B]Microphone [/B]43 [B]Safety [/B]65 [B]Looks [/B]65 [B]Respect [/B]40 Main Eventer with AJPW Midcarder with AWA Main Eventer with NJPW (American Kaiju) [COLOR=Blue] [U]PWF Heavyweight Champion WWF International Champion[/U][/COLOR] [B]Japan[/B] 30-18 AJPW 44-7 NJPW 12-1 UWF 86-26 [B]USA[/B] 9-0 AWA 40-14 Other 49-14 135-40 Career Record [COLOR=Red] September Title Changes[/COLOR] Lane Huffman wins Alabama Heavyweight from Jerry Stubbs Marty Jones wins British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight from Mal Sanders Tony St. Clair wins British Light Heavyweight from Mal Sanders Buzz Tyler wins Central States Heavyweight from Harley Race Genichiro Tenryu/Keith Hart win CSW International Tag Team from Davey Boy Smith/Dynamite Kid Angelo Mosca wins NWA Canadian Heavyweight from Terry Funk Kintaro Oki wins NWA International Heavyweight from Ken Shamrock Dos Caras wins NWA International Junior Heavyweight from Shiro Koshinaka Kintaro Oki wins NWF World Heavyweight from Ken Shamrock Ken Timbs wins Southwest Heavyweight from Bob Sweetan Kintaro Oki wins Universal International Heavyweight from Ken Shamrock Adrian Adonis wins WWF Heavyweight from Andre the Giant Greg Valentine wins WWF Intercontinental from George Steele

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Wednesday Week 1, October 1985, AWA Rambo Greg on Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Jim Brunzell[/U] Ken has gotten a bit fed up with his constant pairing against Brunzell. He's stronger, has a better technical background, and is even a little faster than the smaller man and has nothing to gain from beating him week in and week out. So this week he decides to send a message, early in the match tossing Jim over the ropes. Outside the ring he latches on every submission hold he knows at least twice without giving Jim the opportunity to tap out like in the ring. By the time they come back in Jim has a definite limp and is holding his right arm a bit oddly. The match continues with Ken continuing to attack the limbs of Brunzell, going so long that Brunzell's only real advantage, his incredible stamina, starts to come into play as Ken simply begins to tire beating on him. This gives Jim at least a fighting chance with a roll-up but once it fails he never sees any significant offense. Ken never uses his Destroyer Piledriver, nor does he take Jim up top or in the turnbuckle but keeps all the action in the center of the ring, including two Inverted Shoulderbreakers. Finally Ken graciously ends the match with a Crossface in the center of the ring and it doesn't take Brunzell long to tap out. [I]B in 30 minutes [/I] Brunzell's condition at match end Head 298 Body 1137 Arms 0 Legs 152 [B] Thursday Week 1, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Buddy Lane[/U] When Ken destroyed Brunzell last night he had meant for it to get him a shot at someone higher up the card. Instead Verne decided it would be better to see him destroy someone lower down it. Ken absolutely tore Buddy Lane apart from one end of the ring to the other. There's no precision targeting of limbs this time, Ken simply hammers on Buddy with his high impact moves, including not only the deadly Destroyer Piledriver and Millenium Suplex, but even a Missile Dropkick and Frog Splash. The match finally comes to a close with Shamrock's amazing Springboard Reverse DDT then a Full Nelson clutch. Ken doesn't apply the hold long enough to let Lane submit, but with the damage done he slaps on a Cobra Clutch Suplex and holds it until Buddy submits. [I]B+ in 23 minutes[/I]

[B]Friday Week 1, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [U]American Kaiju/El Canek vs Kintaro Oki/Tony St. Clair[/U] A tough tag team bout that gives Ken a chance for some retribution against Oki for taking his titles. Or at least for his team to, as it's Canek who gets the actual submission from Kintaro. After Ken wears away on Kintaro for a while he shoves him into his team's corner and tags Canek who leaps in and nails a Swinging Stunning Face Crusher. He picks up Oki to hit a Fisherman's Buster, then finally gets the tapout with a Cerrejera Tangle before Kintaro can even think of tagging in St. Clair. [I]C+ in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 2, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Giant Baba[/U] [COLOR=Blue]PWF Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] Both men destroyed the other by match's end. Shamrock's face was a bloody pulp, Baba could barely lift his arms. But only one left the ring without a title around their waist, and this time it was Ken. He was never able to hit Baba with any big impact moves this time around, other than one amazing Spinning Back Suplex which shook the ring. His submission holds were his main offense this time around, but both the Mutilation Armbar and a Crossface failed to get a tapout, and Baba escaped everything else he threw at him. Still Ken didn't go down easy. He resisted a Standing Split Leg hold without tapping. He took FOUR Running Big Boots to the face. And perhaps most amazing he even kicked out of the Giant Choke Slam which stunned both the crowd and Giant Baba. But it was the fourth big boot that finally put him down for the three count. [I]B in 34 minutes[/I]

[B]Thursday Week 2, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Ray Stevens vs Jumbo Tsuruta/Larry Hennig[/U] By the books tag match that continues Ken's undefeated streak in AWA as his partner Ray "The Crippler" Stevens destroys Tsuruta with a Stevens Piledriver, Running Powerslam, and finally Main Event Sleeper Hold all in succession. More importantly though this was Ken's first match as an Upper Midcarder, which meant he was very close to breaking into the main event scene in the US. Once that happened if everything kept going smoothly he could start looking for a major written contract. [I]C+ in 32 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 3, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Kintaro Oki[/U] [COLOR=Blue]NWA International Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] Shamrock thought he had it, he was in control of the match but suddenly Kintaro out of nowhere applied a Short Arm Scissors and no matter what he did it seemed Ken simply couldn't escape or get to the ropes. Finally he had no choice but to tap out and give up his chance at reclaiming the title. [I]B in 26 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 3, AWA Rambo Greg on Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Ken Patera[/U] Vicious is the only way to describe this match, with the sheer power of Patera up against the technical expertise and surprising agility of Shamrock. Both men are hurt and winded by match end nailing every suplex and basic wrestling move in the book. But it's Shamrock who gets the final victory. after an Ankle Lock, Dragon Sleeper, and Inverted Shoulderbreaker all fail to get the win, he busts out his amazing Destroyer Piledriver and gets a three count, but he leaves bloodied after a nasty mafia kick by Patera, what had been his response to the Ankle Lock. [I] B in 24 minutes[/I] [B] Thursday Week 3, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Leon White vs Wahoo McDaniel/Steve Keirn[/U] [COLOR=Blue]AWA World Tag Team[/COLOR] It looked like the match was locked up as White was tossing both the tag team champions about like ragdolls, but when he tried to tag in Shamrock, Keirn grabbed him and reeled him back to the center of the ring. No matter what he tried the tag champs were able to isolate him and stop him from tagging in Ken. Finally after a slingshot splash and measured elbow drop by Keirn, he tags in Wahoo who hits a flurry of chops before applying the Choctaw Deathlock. White doesn't last long in the grip of the move and taps out. Ken's undefeated streak in the AWA might be over, but at least it wasn't him who tapped out he figured. [I] C+ in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Friday Week 3, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Tatsumi Fujinami vs Antonio Inoki/Seiji Sakaguchi[/U] It was supposed to be just a basic main event tag match between some of New Japan's biggest stars. But it wound up turning into a grueling ironman brawll. Both Shamrock and Fujinami applied nearly every submission hold they knew on both their opponents, and a few nasty impacts. But it was Sakaguchi who picked up the victory, with a Bridging Back Suplex on a completey gassed Fujinami. Ken was too tired to care by that point. [I] B in 62 minutes[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 4, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Kintaro Oki[/U] [COLOR=Blue]NWA International Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] Another opportunity to get his payback and regain a belt in All Japan. But Ken got greedy and instead of covering after a Destroyer Piledriver he went for a submission hold that Kintaro still managed to somehow escape. A DDT Choke Sleeper couldn't finish off Oki, and afterwards Kintaro began a comeback, first latching on an Inverted Sleeper and when Ken doesn't submit switching to an Octopus Stretch. Shamrock can't take any more of the pain and finally taps out. [I]B in 26 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 4, AWA Rambo Greg on Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Jim Brunzell[/U] Shamrock isn't focused on tonight's match at all, after another tough loss to Kintaro last night, and the fact that he really thought he was done with Brunzell, so the fight drags on for a bit. He manages a Frog Splash relatively early in the match, but the match winds up spilling to the outside for a long while where he gets Brunzell in an Ankle Lock and pounds on him some more. Finally the two come back in and Ken finishes him off with a Rolling Short Arm Scissors. [I]B- in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Thursday Week 4, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Greg Gagne[/U] Most folks might at least try and make the boss's son look good but Shamrock didn't even slow down for the lesser skilled Greg. Despite Greg's repeated dropkicks it wasn't nearly enough to take out Ken. He gave Gagne credit for escaping a Mutilation Armbar, but at last a Cobra Clutch Suplex finished him off and Shamrock added another victory to his AWA record. [I]B- in 24 minutes[/I]

[B]Friday Week 4, AWA St. Paul Civic Center[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Steve Keirn[/U] Brutal match-up for AWA's big monthly show. Keirn nearly picks up the win early on with a flying sunset flip out of the corner and when Ken kicks out it flings Steve into the ref who gets knocked out cold. With the ref out, Steve decides to peg Ken with rapid fire dropkicks, but Ken finally gets behind and locks in the Grapevine Crossface, then the Rolling Short Arm Scissors, and a Full Nelson Clutch, but of course the ref can't check for a tapout on any of them. Fed up with the ref being out cold, Ken decides to get risky and heads up top to nail a Flying Elbow Drop, then picks up the limp Steve and nails a huge Destroyer Piledriver. The ref finally recovers and in doing so distracts Ken, allowing Steve to shoot in and try for a roll-up. Shamrock kicks out, Keirn hits another, then another, but each time Ken kicks out. Finally Steve tries to Irish whip Ken, but gets reversed and Shamrock lifts and drops him throat first across the top rope. Gagging from the impact, Keirn is easy prey for an Ankle Lock and taps out quickly. [I]B+ in 26 minutes[/I]

[U]October 1985 Synopsis[/U] [COLOR=Blue]Shamrock[/COLOR] USA 78 Canada 40 Mexico 40 Japan 95 UK 20 Europe 20 Australia 20 Spirit 75 Power 53 Technique 80 Speed 73 Psychology 60 Stamina 70 Toughness 84 Charisma 69 Microphone 43 Safety 65 Looks 65 Respect 43 Main Eventer with AJPW Upper Midcarder with AWA Main Eventer with NJPW [U][COLOR=Blue]WWF International Champion[/COLOR][/U] Japan 30-21 AJPW 45-8 NJPW 12-1 UWF 87-30 USA 16-1 AWA 40-14 Other 56-15 143-45 Career Record [COLOR=Red]October Title Changes[/COLOR] Robert Fuller wins Alabama Heavyweight from Lane Huffman Wahoo McDaniel/Steve Keirn win AWA World Tag Team from Mr. Saito/Mad Dog Vachon Tito Santana wins Canadian Television from Kamala the Ugandan Giant Harley Race wins Central States Heavyweight from Buzz Tyler Mil Mascaras/El Audaz/Fishman win CMLL World Trios from El Satanico/Black Man/Canek Marty Jones wins European Middleweight from Johnny Rodz Bob Roop wins Florida Heavyweight from Kevin Sullivan Mando Guerrero/Rusher Kimura win I.W.G.P Tag Team from Adrian Adonis/Dick Murdoch Genichiro Tenryu wins Mid-South Television from Sting Thunderbolt Patterson wins National Television from Killer Khan Alexis Smirnoff/Jim Breaks win NWA Australasian Tag Team from Larry O'Day/Ripper Collins Ivan Koloff wins NWA World Heavyweight from Jimmy Valiant El Satanico wins NWA World Middleweight from Perro Aguayo Giant Baba wins PWF Heavyweight from Ken Shamrock Jimmy Golden wins Southeastern Heavyweight from Robert Fuller The Flame/Jerry Stubbs win Southeastern Tag Team from Jimmy Golden/Robert Fuller Eddie Gilbert/Austin Idol win Southern Tag Team from Bad News Brown/Johnny Rodz Carlos Colon wins Universal Heavyweight from Abdullah the Butcher Perro Aguayo wins UWA World Heavyweight from El Satanico Invader #2 wins WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight from Kendo Nagasaki Hulk Hogan wins WWF Heavyweight from Adrian Adonis

[B]Tuesday Week 1, November 1985, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Kintaro Oki[/U] [COLOR=Blue]NWA International Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] The series continues, Ken has lost count by now how many times he has faced off against Kintaro, hell he can't even remember how many times a title has been on the line. But this time is different from their last few matches, only this time he picks up the win, and regains a championship in All Japan. One escaped Rolling Short Arm Scissors, but it takes only a minute longer for Ken to apply a brutal Cobra Clutch Suplex. Kintaro knows what is at stake, but Ken isn't letting the championship get away again and Oki at last has to give in. Ken throws him unceremoniously out of the ring and grabs the title from the ref holding it overhead with a triumphant shout. [I]B- in 23 minutes[/I] [B]Thursday Week 1, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Jerry Blackwell[/U] Jerry was pound for pound every bit as big as Giant Baba. He was certainly just as fierce and the crowd actually cheered for him as the opening minutes of the match he dominated Shamrock, tossing him about and striking him at will while shrugging off Ken's attacks. But it doesn't last once Ken takes the big man off his feet. Once downed Shamrock quickly takes control with his vicious holds, targeting the giant's legs to slow him down even further. It's not his legs that lead to his defeat however, but the Rolling Arm Scissors that causes the tapout. [I]B- in 16 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 2, AWA Rambo Greg on Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Jumbo Tsuruta[/U] Basic brutal match that tests the resilience of Tsuruta. He manages to hang on through the Mutilation Armbar, DDT Choke Sleeper, and a Cobra Clutch Suplex, but finally gives in to the Crossface. That didn't mean Shamrock dominated the match-up though, he had to fight out of a Spinning Toe Hold himself before he got the win. [I]B in 24 minutes[/I] [B]Thursday Week 2, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Leon White vs Wahoo McDaniel/Steve Keirn[/U] [COLOR=Blue]AWA World Tag Team[/COLOR] This time around Wahoo and Steve fail to isolate either Shamrock or White, instead it's them who isolate Wahoo. Almost half an hour in, Leon destroys Wahoo with a Double Underhook Bomb, Press Slam Stomachbreak, then a Vader Face Eraser. Wahoo manages to escape and bring in Keirn, but Leon manages to outlast him, in large part thanks to a devastating Avalanche. When Wahoo comes back in still hurting from the last beating, Leon tags in Ken. McDaniel unleashes his chops but Shamrock fights through the onslaught and finally grasps Wahoo's arm and drops him in a Mutilation Armbar. He escapes but gets to his feet slowly and when he finally stands finds Shamrock backflipping off the ropes and planting him with the Springboard Reverse DDT. McDaniel isn't kicking out of this one and stays down for the count giving Shamrock his first tag team gold. [I]B- in 38 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 3, AWA St. Paul Civic Center[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Leon White vs Wahoo McDaniel/Steve Keirn[/U] [COLOR=Blue]AWA World Tag Team[/COLOR] A rematch at St. Paul, the fight goes the exact same length and the ending differs only in that it's a submission to a Rolling Short Arm Scissors instead of a pinfall, but it's still Ken over Wahoo as he and Leon retain the belts. [I]B- in 38 minutes[/I] [B]Thursday Week 3, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Stan Lane[/U] Stan Lane is a wrestler in his prime and he takes Ken to his limits, almost garnering a tapout with a Figure Four Leglock and a Full Nelson. Ken isn't going down easy, but then neither is Stan, who somehow manages to work through a deadly combo of an Inverted Shoulder Breaker followed with a Rolling Short Arm Scissors. He even fights out of a Crossface and a Cobra Clutch Suplex. Finally Shamrock sees his chance and drops Stan hard with an STO and latches on a Full Nelson Clutch for the win, keeping him undefeated in singles action in AWA. [I]B in 26 minutes[/I]

[B]Friday Week 3, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock/Tatsumi Fujinami vs Kintaro Oki/Tony St. Clair[/U] Shamrock and Fujinami crush their opponents and both come out looking extremely strong. Despite a long match neither Shamrock nor Fujinami are ever in danger, while both Tony and Kintaro get slammed over and over, including a vicious Back Drop Driver and Spinning Whiplash Slam by Fujinami on Tony. It's Shamrock who finishes the match however against Oki. With the ref out, Ken locks in several submission holds, then once he awakes floors Oki with a Springboard Reverse DDT before finishing the match-up with a Dragon Sleeper. [I]B in 41 minutes[/I] [B]Tuesday Week 4, AJPW Puroresu Chukei[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Wayne Bridges[/U] [COLOR=Blue]NWA International Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] A little more than halfway through the match Ken drops Wayne hard with an STO and goes up top for a flying elbow only to crashland when Bridges rolls. When Wayne tries to capitalize Shamrock drops him with forearms and then quickly slides to the outside only to bound off the ropes and hit a Springboard Legdrop. Trying for a submission Wayne pushes him off and leaps to the top turnbuckle and flies off with a double axe handle, then an Arm Scissors. Ken breaks free and stumbles away, Bridges thinks he has him and closes but Shamrock whirls around grabbing his head and out of nowhere comes the Destroyer Piledriver! Crossface by Ken and amazingly Bridges won't tap out. Match continues and Bridges begins to come back with a beautiful double underhook suplex then a multitude of bionic elbows on a grounded Shamrock busting him wide open. Small package by Bridges for a nearfall, he tries a running headbutt and misses, then turns around to get dropped in a DDT Choke Sleeper that he barely escapes but has him also bleeding now. Hoping to end this Ken goes for a Powerbomb but Bridges turns it into a roll-up that Shamrock just gets the shoulder up from. Wayne off the ropes and into the air for a running dropkick, Ken grabs him and throws him down then locks in the Full Nelson Clutch to get the submission and defend his title. [I] B+ in 27 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 4, AWA Rambo Greg on Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Dick the Bruiser[/U] Ken figured an old guy like Dick would be easy pickings, but the brawler showed him a thing or two. While Shamrock started off in control, once Dick had him on the ground he began to pound Shamrock's face into the mat, drop knees across the back of his head, and generally tore him apart, before delivering a Super Atomic Drop that saw Shamrock sprawled on the outside. He manages to recover as Dick is coming through the ropes and pulls him off the apron to apply a rear head chancery, but winds up getting tossed shoulder first into the ringpost. Bruiser comes after him, Ken slips behind and in desperation nails a Spinning Back Suplex through the announce table. Both men get back up and after exchanging more blows Dick hits another atomic drop, then rolls Ken in and lock on an Abdominal Claw that Shamrock finally breaks free of. Frenzy of blows by the Bruiser busts Ken open and he tries to whip the beaten Shamrock, but somehow Shamrock reverses and hot shots him into the ropes. Bruiser is the first one up though as Ken looks beat and Dick takes the opportunity to toss him over the top rope, then follows and hits a massive KO punch on the outside, then an Iron Claw followed immediately by the Abdominal Claw before slamming Ken's face into the concrete floor! He drags Ken back in thinking it's over, but when he runs looking for a charging forearm Ken ducks, then boots Bruiser in the gut and fires off a snap Destroyer Piledriver! 1-2-...Dick the Bruiser kicks out of the kill move! Shamrock can't believe it and he immediately scoops up Dick and nails an Inverted Shoulderbreaker. Again only a two count on the finishing maneuver. Bruiser throws Ken off and sets him on the ropes for a charging butt drop across the back, Ken tries a short arm shoulder tackle but Dick is no selling it merely glaring, then again chucks Ken over the top rope. Ken recovers, short-arm clothesline and a Crossface on the outside, side kick and a Rolling Short Arm Scissors. Dick grabs a broken piece of the announce table and swings, but Shamrock ducks and again uses the moment to boot Bruiser in the gut and get off another Destroyer Piledriver on the outside. Hurriedly he rolls Bruiser in and covers, again Dick kicks out! DDT Choke Sleeper, no submission, Cobra Clutch Suplex, Bruiser now bleeding from the face but he still won't give in despite 3 devastating moves in succession. Shamrock lines up Bruiser and springboards off the ropes looking for the Reverse DDT, Bruiser backs up and strikes Ken in the back then bounces off the ropes looking for a big forearm, Ken sidesteps and locks his arms around him for a second Cobra Clutch Suplex, and at last Dick the Bruiser taps out. [I]B+ in 34 minutes[/I] [B] Thursday Week 4, AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Wahoo McDaniel[/U] [COLOR=Blue]AWA Television Title Match[/COLOR] After his huge win over Dick the Bruiser last night, Ken had earned himself this title shot. He threw everything he had into it, trying to destroy the older man's legs while getting pounded with the Chief's chops. With his first big move of the match though, Ken put down Wahoo with an Inverted Shoulderbreaker only to have McDaniel spring back up like nothing had happened. Ken couldn't believe it, but nothing he did seemed able to keep Chief Wahoo down, not even a Cobra Clutch Suplex. Finally Wahoo did more than just fend off Ken and from behind latched on a Main Event Sleeper Hold. Shamrock tried to hold on as long as he could, but finally passed out in the center of the ring, signaling his first singles loss in the AWA. [I]B- in 30 minutes[/I]

[B]Friday Week 4, NJPW World Pro Wrestling[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Kintaro Oki[/U] [COLOR=Blue]WWF International Title Match[/COLOR] Ken, upset at his loss last night, comes into this match with a chip on his shoulder and it shows. Kintaro may have beaten him many times before, but tonight he never had a chance. Ken uses every hard hitting move at his disposal, the Destroyer Piledriver, Powerbomb, Running Enziguri, Millenium Suplex, Ankle Lock, and finally to end it all a Belly to Back Superplex. He contemplates even going further but with pleading from the ref finally agrees to make the pinfall on the limp and bloodied Kintaro Oki, defending his title. [I] B+ in 30 minutes[/I] Once the bout is over Ken comes to a decision. Much as he loves Japan he knows he's come as far as he's going to unless AJPW or NJPW expand into a national market. So he turns in his titles and hands in his resignation. Afterwards he calls Verne Gagne and tells him he wants to renegotiate, he knows despite his loss to Wahoo he's already making a lot more money for AWA than the paltry few hundred he signed up for. Verne says he won't do it so Shamrock tells him to vacate the tag titles then cause he isn't coming back. A few more calls and he's already lined up his two biggest contracts to date. At $2,400 an appearance and a main event slot, Ken was now an employee of both Championship Wrestling from Florida and World Class Championship Wrestling.

[U]November 1985 Synopsis[/U] [COLOR=Red]Ken Shamrock[/COLOR] [B]USA [/B]83 [B]Canada [/B]40 [B]Mexico [/B]40 [B]Japan [/B]99 [B]UK [/B]20 [B]Europe [/B]20 [B]Australia [/B]20 [B]Spirit [/B]77 [B]Power [/B]53 [B]Technique [/B]80 [B]Speed [/B]74 Psychology 60 [B]Stamina [/B]70 [B]Toughness [/B]84 [B]Charisma [/B]70 [B]Microphone [/B]43 [B]Safety [/B]65 [B]Looks [/B]65 [B]Respect [/B]45 Main Eventer with CWF Main Eventer with WCCW [B]Japan[/B] 32-21 AJPW 47-8 NJPW 12-1 UWF 91-30 [B]USA[/B] 22-2 AWA 40-14 Other 62-16 153-46 Career Record Former WWF International Former AWA World Tag Team Former PWF Heavyweight Former NWF World Heavyweight Former NWA International Heavyweight (2) Former Universal Heavyweight [COLOR=Red]November Title Changes[/COLOR] Larry O'Day wins Australian Light Heavyweight from Killer Karl Krupp AWA World Tag Team vacated by Leon White/Ken Shamrock The Great Kabuki wins Canadian Television from Tito Santana Coco Samoa wins CWF Television from Dr. Tom Prichard Blackjack Mulligan/The Purple Hze win Florida Tag Team from Len Denton/Kevin Sullivan Killer Karl Krupp wins NWA Australasian Heavyweight Title from Ripper Collins NWA International Heavyweight vacated by Ken Shamrock Jack Brisco wins NWA World Heavyweight from Ivan Koloff Hiroshi Hase wins PNW Heavyweight from Rip Oliver Hiroshi Hase wins PNW Television from Rip Oliver Bob Sweetan wins Southwest Television from Eric Embry Larry Zbyszko wins WCCW Television from David Von Erich Bob Backlund wins WWF Intercontinental from Greg Valentine WWF International vacated by Ken Shamrock

[B]Tuesday Week 1, WCCW The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Buddy Roberts[/U] [COLOR=Blue]WCCW American Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] It was the start of the show and Buddy Roberts was in the ring, his manager Gary Hart holding onto the WCCW American Heavyweight belt. He bragged how he had held the title since April and nobody yet had been able to beat him. So tonight was an open challenge to anyone he hadn't fought in that time, if there was anyone left in the WCCW lockerroom that he hasn't beaten in that time. The crowd booed while Gary clapped his hands daring anyone to accept the challenge. Then Shamrock's music hit and the crowd went crazy as the former AWA star charged the ring, Gary Hart bailing to the outside and the bell rings to start the match. The two are evenly matched trading hold for hold and blow for blow when Ken grabs Buddy by the throat and throws him across the ring. Buddy right back up with punches, Shamrock double underhook suplexes him down. Trying for a springboard dropkick, Ken misses and Roberts is all over him with knees to the head and slamming his face in the mat. Shamrock struggles up and hip toss then rear crossface blows to Roberts, Gary Hart going crazy bouncing up onto the apron every few minutes it seems till Ken swings at him. Rear head chancery by Shamrock, then the single leg boston crab and an armbar directly after wearing away at Robert's limbs. Knowing he's in trouble Buddy grabs something from his tights and rakes it across the eyes of Ken without the ref seeing it. Short arm shoulder tackle and he whips Ken, kick for a low blow, Shamrock sees it coming and catches the foot and then whips Roberts into the ropes and nails a huge Twisting Powerslam and cover for 2! Roundhouse kick by Ken and Hart is back up on the apron allowing Buddy to sneak up from behind and hit a tackle, but Shamrock shrugs it off and grabs Robert's head and delivers repeated knees to the face. He tosses Buddy over the ropes and follows with a baseball slide once Buddy regains his feet and an Ankle Lock! Ken starts looking under the ring for a weapon, Buddy to his feet and grabs Ken slamming him shoulder first into the ringpost. Bionic elbow and a spinning toe hold as Ken screams out in pain. The two battle some more and then a big Belly to Belly suplex on the floor by Shamrock. The two lay hurting and back to their feet crawling back in the ring and Roberts again back in control with bionic elbows, whips Shamrock into the ropes and reaches into his tights again. Ken comes running full tilt into a Brass Knuckle Shot! The blood flies and the crowd boos as Buddy Roberts throws them out of the ring and turns to make the cover but Ken is already up and standing nose to nose with a stunned Roberts. Arm wringer takedown and he shoves Roberts hard into the corner who fights out with a shoulder tackle and whips Shamrock again into the ropes and comes looking for a Running Knee. This time Shamrock dodges out of the way and Buddy turns and Destroyer Piledriver! The cover, 1, 2, 3! Shamrock's 200th match, his first match in WCCW, and he picks up the WCCW American Heavyweight Title! [I]B in 34 minutes[/I]

That Dick the Bruiser match may have been one of the greatest individual bouts I've read in any dynasty, Xeno; incredible job! It's funny... I've come to start rooting for the underdogs in these matches - namely everyone not named Shamrock. ;) Over two years into your career, and you have amassed one of the most impressive win-loss records I've seen in DOTT - besides, perhaps, Captain Lou's Undertaker. Speaking of, there are some very interesting parallels between the Shamrock and Calloway careers. It's a shame we can't have head-to-head matchups, as I'd love to read about the matchup between these characters. Great job - and thanks!

[B]Tuesday Week 2, WCCW The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs The Great Kabuki[/U] [COLOR=Blue]WCCW American Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] He was still waiting for his debut in Florida and it was decided to let him defend the title at least once untelevised before making his TV debut in WCCW, to make sure he was the real deal. It appeared early on indeed he was as Ken reverses an Irish whip, flooring the ref in the process and hot shotting Kabuki off the ropes. With both men down Ken goes to the outside and grabs a chair, coming in he slugs the standing Kabuki in the knee with it and throws the chair down, then chop blocks The Great Kabuki again before nailing an STO hard onto the steel chair. When he picks up Kabuki, Ken winds up getting a European uppercut to the jaw. The ref is just waking up as Kabuki goes to whip Shamrock who again reverses it and again knocks out the ref as the crowd laughs, this time flooring Kabuki with a hip toss, then an amazing Millenium Suplex. The Great Kabuki weakly fights back as the ref wakes up again, but Ken slips out and applies a Grapevine Crossface. No submission so Ken spins Kabuki about and hits a Destroyer Piledriver directly onto the steel chair! The ref admonishes him as Kabuki begins to bleed but begins to count the pinfall, but Ken himself pulls up Kabuki, he wants to do a bit more damage yet. He begins to pick up Kabuki while the ref pleads with him to end it, but Kabuki wakes up enough to bodyslam Shamrock on the chair. He springs back up and gives Kabuki a short-arm clothesline and latches in an Ankle Lock but no submission, and the ref throws out the chair. Weak blows by Kabuki, then Shamrock trips him and springboards off the ropes into a Reverse DDT. Now he signals for the top rope and the crowd cheers as the ref begins to count, Ken flies off and hits the Frog Splash! He hooks the leg, 1, 2...The Assassin, and more importantly WCCW's Texas Heavyweight Champion, runs out from the crowd and pulls out the ref! Ken can't believe it as he picks up Kabuki and drops him with a DDT Choke Sleeper, then a Crossface, but the ref is to busy ejecting The Assassin. Suplex by Shamrock and he looks for a Running Enziguri, but Kabuki dodges and rolls up Shamrock for a 1 count. Now it's Great Kabuki in control with nasty chops and even spitting some of the green mist onto his hands and gouging at Ken's eyes. Ken tries for another finisher but Kabuki has his second wind and is fighting back hard now until Shamrock quickly scoops him up near the turnbuckles and has him reeling with a Snake Eyes. Cobra Clutch Suplex follows, no submission still from Great Kabuki! Choke throw by Ken and he tries to catch his breath, Kabuki right back with more chops though and now an Iron Claw! Ken struggles for a long while but finally breaks free and looks up in time to dodge a spray of Green Mist, but he's clearly disoriented and when he turns again gets leveled with a Heart Kick! The crowd gasps, it has to be over after that deadly move, but Shamrock isn't on the ground long enough for Kabuki to even cover and he springs back up with a psycho yell. Kabuki can't believe it and comes in with chops and kicks, Ken sends him reeling with a clubbing blow and looks for a Destroyer Piledriver, Kabuki rolls it into a pinfall, nearfall, looking for a Standing Stomach Claw, Shamrock pushes him off and now off the ropes with a Springboard Dropkick that sends both men crashing. Kabuki slips out of Ankle Lock, Shamrock avoids his own old finisher the Japanese Self-Stranglehold and winds up behind Kabuki, lifts and delivers a massive Knee Breaker and grabs the wounded leg, this time successfully applying the Ankle Lock and securing the submission. [I]B+ in 35 minutes[/I]

[B]Wednesday Week 2, CWF Beach Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Bob Roop/Mike Graham[/U] (Elimination Rules) Former tag team champs and still best friends Bob Roop and Mike Graham were in the ring, Roop proudly wearing his Florida Heavyweight Title. Mic in hand, Roop challenged the tag champs Blackjack Mulligan and The Purple Haze to come out and put the titles on the line. The music that hit though was Fallen Angel's. She told Roop he had more to worry about than the tag team titles. Everyone figured she must mean Sullivan but from behind the curtain strode Shamrock to stand by her side. She told Roop and Graham that Ken could defeat both of them in the same match, and what's more he was going to do it right now. Shamrock charges the ring and the bell sounds. Graham went down first to a Cobra Clutch Suplex, but it was over 20 minutes into the match and Ken was breathing hard while Roop still looked to be in decent shape. It should have been easy pickings but instead the match went another 20. At one point on the outside Roop nailed his Inverted Shoulderbreaker, the same move Ken himself now often used having studied Bob some while in Japan. Shamrock hopped up like nothing had happened and the match went inside. Roop was no easier though, he survived the Crossface, Millenium Suplex, and even a Superplex. It looked like Ken had nothing left to give as Bob Roop locked in a Gotch toehold, but somehow he powered out! Amazed Bob scooped him up, Inverted Shoulderbreaker and the cover, only a 2 count! Nobody can believe this as Bob again picks him up and immediately nails another Inverted Shoulderbreaker, but again only a two count as Ken somehow gets the shoulder up! Looking somewhat scared now, Roop scoops him up for a third, but Shamrock slips out and comes behind him and latches on a Cobra Clutch Suplex that bloodies the head of Bob. No submission and the two continue to battle until Ken hammerlock backbombs Roop, then holds onto the arm and turns it into a Rolling Short Arm Scissors. The Florida Heavyweight Champion taps out at 42 minutes and Fallen Angel who had been ejected early in the match comes back out and raises Shamrock's hand and hands him the title. He hadn't won it but he holds it overhead anyway before throwing it down on the beaten Bob Roop and leaving with Angel. [I]B+ in 42 minutes[/I]

Had to mention this, looks like some of the smaller promotions are really starting to fill out with the future superstars. Here's some of UWA's roster. Bob Holly Bret Hart Chris Benoit Chris Jericho Eddie Guerrero Fit Finlay John Nord Johnny Ace Jushin Liger Rey Misterio Sr. Shawn Michaels Sherri Martel The Patriot

[B]Tuesday Week 3, WCCW The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs The Spoiler[/U] [COLOR=Blue]WCCW American Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] Shamrock's first defense The Assassin, fearing the possible threat to his own title, had tried to stop Ken during the match by distracting the ref. This time he was much more direct, brutally beating Shamrock before the bell even rang with a steel chair, then rolling him in for the veteran Spoiler to finish him off. To bad it didn't work as Ken fought back, enraged at the assault, finally finishing off The Spoiler with a Russian Legsweep into an Ankle Lock for the submission. He grabs his title after the bout and heads in back looking for The Assassin, but he had already left the building. [I]B- in 17 minutes[/I] [B] Wednesday Week 3, CWF Beach Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Bob Roop[/U] (Cage Escape) [COLOR=Blue]CWF Florida Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] After Ken's huge win last week taking down both Roop and Graham single handedly, there was no doubt he deserved the number one contender slot, and he had his shot today. But it would be inside a steel cage. Only 18 minutes in he fires off a Destroyer Piledriver and goes to escape but Roop manages to grab him just as he gets one leg over the cage. Forearm by Bob, Ken thanks him for stopping him with a Cobra Clutch Suplex. Again he goes up and again Bob manages to get to his feet in time. The two blast each other into the steel, Ken gets the upper hand with a Rolling Short Arm Scissors. More back and forth action, Ken performs a hot shot that sends Roop crashing headfirst into the cage. More blows, Shamrock tries for a Springboard Reverse DDT, Roop dropkicks him in mid-air and slaps on a Gotch Toehold. Thinking Ken is to busy hurting he tries to climb, this time Shamrock is the one who shoots up and grabs Roop, whips him into the ropes and Ken tries for a Super Kick but Bob ducks and hits an Inverted Shoulderbreaker. He starts climbing again, but somehow Ken again manages to stop him in time. This time he pulls Bob down atop a turnbuckle and nails a Belly to Back Superplex that busts Bob Roop wide open and allows Ken to escape. [I]B+ in 29 minutes[/I]

[B]Tuesday Week 4, WCCW The Dallas Sportatarium Show[/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs The Great Kabuki[/U] Last week it had been the vicious chair attack, Ken figured after overcoming that he had seen all The Assassin had to dish out. He was wrong as Ken walked halfway down the aisle with the title around his waist, then rode the rest of the way down on the hood of The Assassin's car. Shamrock lay limply on the ground as The Assassin threw his car into reverse and backed out while paramedics attended to Ken. But Great Kabuki threw them aside and yelled at the ref to ring the bell. The match was still on. Ken was fighting for his life and doing a decent job of it. Actually he was doing a great job of it as he fired off an Explosion Suplex in the ring, but Kabuki was using his deadly grips to try and force a submission. Desperate to buy himself some time Shamrock tosses him over the top rope and hits a baseball slide. Outside though Kabuki comes right back with an Asiatic Spike. Not thinking Ken sweeps Kabuki back onto a steel chair in sight of the ref and is disqualified. His only consolation is the title isn't on the line as he lays there limply while paramedics resume treating him. [I] B- in 15 minutes[/I]

[I]1985 End of Year Review[/I] [COLOR=Red]Ken Shamrock[/COLOR] [B]USA [/B]89 [B]Canada [/B]70 [B]Mexico [/B]70 [B]Japan [/B]99 [B]UK [/B]60 [B]Europe [/B]60 [B]Australia [/B]60 [B]Spirit [/B]77 [B]Power [/B]53 [B]Technique [/B]80 [B]Speed [/B]75 [B]Psychology [/B]60 [B]Stamina [/B]71 [B]Toughness [/B]84 [B]Charisma [/B]70 [B]Microphone [/B]43 [B]Safety [/B]65 [B]Looks [/B]65 [B]Respect [/B]47 Main Eventer with CWF Main Eventer with WCCW [B]Japan[/B] 91-30 [B]USA[/B] 67-17 158-47 Career Record Former WWF International Champion Former AWA World Tag Team Champion Former PWF Heavyweight Champion Former NWF World Heavyweight Champion Former NWA International Heavyweight Champion (2) Former Universal International Heavyweight Champion Current holder of the Florida Heavyweight title Current holder of the WCCW American Heavyweight title #61 of Top 500 Wrestlers in the World End year with $108,016 (Paid $58,344 in taxes) First Class lifestyle $8,023 from Bar [COLOR=Red]Promotion Rankings[/COLOR] [U] National[/U] American Wrestling Association Championship Wrestling from Florida Georgia Championship Wrestling Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling [COLOR=Blue]Mid-South Wrestling[/COLOR] World Class Championship Wrestling World Wrestling Federation [U]Cult[/U] All Japan Pro Wrestling [COLOR=Blue]Central States[/COLOR] Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre Joint Promotions Maple Leaf Wrestling New Japan Pro Wrestling [U]Regional[/U] [COLOR=Blue]All Star Wrestling[/COLOR] Calgary Stampede Wrestling Championship Wrestling Association Houston Championship Wrestling [COLOR=Blue]Universal Pro-Wrestling[/COLOR] Universal Wrestling Association World Championship Wrestling World Wrestling Council [U]Small [/U] International Wrestling (Montreal) Pacific Northwest Southeastern Championship Wrestling Southwest Championship Wrestling [U]Local[/U] All-Star Wrestling Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling Polynesian Pro Wrestling

[B]Tuesday Week 1, 1986, WCCW The Dallas Sportatarium Show[/B] [U]The Assassin/Larry Zbyszko vs Ken Shamrock/Ken Lucas[/U] (30 Minute Time Limit) Finally Ken had his chance maybe not at The Assassin's title, but at least a chance to lay hands on the man who has attacked him week after week. Unfortunately 30 minutes proves to be far to little and neither team has managed to accomplish much of worth. The crowd boos as the bell rings and while it's more a draw than anything, 2 of the 3 judges award the decision to Shamrock and Lucas. [I] C in 30 minutes[/I] [B]Wednesday Week 1, CWF Beach Tour![/B] [U]Ken Shamrock vs Ken Lucas[/U] (Tables Match) [COLOR=Blue]Florida Heavyweight Title Match[/COLOR] He'd teamed with him last night and despite being unhappy with the result Ken figured he'd give Lucas a shot at his title in CWF as a way of saying thanks. Unfortunately Bob Roop whom he'd taken the title off of, decided tonight to get a little revenge. Roop leapt out of the crowd as Ken was getting ready to go up the steel steps and after hitting a few sucker punches, plowed Ken through the announce table with a piledriver before leaving, not a good omen before a tables match certainly. Fallen Angel helped Shamrock up as Lucas came to the outside to start the match. Unfortunately despite Ken's best effort, that first blow was more than he could come back from. The match never even went into the ring as the two men brawled about the entire outside area. Ken managed to certainly put up a good fight, but it was clear he was groggy from that initial hit. Finally Lucas finished it off with another piledriver through a table, only adding a devastating leap beforehand that left Shamrock unconscious on the outside while Lucas went in the ring and celebrated with his new title. [I] B- in 16 minutes[/I] [B] Tuesday Week 2, WCCW The Dallas Sportatarium Show[/B] [U]Larry Zbyszko vs Ken Shamrock[/U] [COLOR=Blue]WCCW American Heavyweight[/COLOR] There was no sign of The Assassin tonight, only the Living Legend. That was all that was needed to take another title from Ken though. Zbyszko knew how to cheat and he did it well, first tearing at Ken's leg muscles with a Figure Four using the ropes for leverage. Shamrock wasn't out yet as he managed a Destroyer Piledriver, but he was so hurt that by the time he made the cover Larry was able to kick out. Ken outlasted an Asiatic Spike afterwards, but when Larry tied him up in the ropes and started blasting away with right hands to his unprotected head, Shamrock collapsed to the mat for the easy three count. Ken's new year was not off to a good start it seemed. [I] B in 30 minutes[/I]

Archived