Strange events so far '08

[QUOTE=praguepride;443729]Champagne Lover was named the best Overall Worker in January of '08, beating out such other contenders as Tommy Cornell, the Stone family, Sean McFly, Byran Vessay..etc. etc.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't call that strange... Champagne Lover's very good. [QUOTE=cyberkitten01;444829]I also found it odd that on their first show with Alicia and Vibert in control, Alicia jobs to Stephanie Wade in the second match![/QUOTE] Obvious "See? I [I]won't[/I] book myself to run over the women's division!" goodwill gesture.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Actarus;445215][B]Top 10 promotions in the world (based on importance)[/B] [LIST=1] [*]WLW (Global) [*]TCW (Global) [*]PGHW (Global) [*]SWF (Cult) [*]NOTBPW (Cult) [*]GCG (Global) [*]That created promotion I mentioned (Global) [*]USPW (Cult) [*]BHOTWG (National) [*]INSPIRE (Cult) [/LIST] [/QUOTE] It concerns me that there's 5 global and another national promotion in your game. One thing I was concerned about with the improved AI was that they would all skyrocket to global, and this, sadly, appears to be the case.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;446410]It concerns me that there's 5 global and another national promotion in your game. One thing I was concerned about with the improved AI was that they would all skyrocket to global, and this, sadly, appears to be the case.[/QUOTE] Well, at least we get to see the National Battle in progress! Maybe battle loser should be punished more, but I'm glad that there are now battles happening.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;446410]It concerns me that there's 5 global and another national promotion in your game. One thing I was concerned about with the improved AI was that they would all skyrocket to global, and this, sadly, appears to be the case.[/QUOTE] He's in 2018, so it's hardly sky-rocketing. Also, the national battles should reduce the number over time.

During SWF's Global expansion in February 2008, they signed Ricky Dale Johnson away from TCW. First 'shocking' signing I've seen in TEW08. EDIT: On this same signing spree they also signed away Kyle Rhodes, and signed Eric Tyler, Matt Sparrow, Jez McArthur, and Fabulous Frank.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;446410]It concerns me that there's 5 global and another national promotion in your game. One thing I was concerned about with the improved AI was that they would all skyrocket to global, and this, sadly, appears to be the case.[/QUOTE] Adam hit the nail on the head. Then again, it's his game, so he should now. :p In that particular sim, I'm now in 2020, and don't intend to sim further. Just really quickly: TCW is now Cult, and has basically risen to global and fallen to cult two or three times from 2008-2020 GCG is now global, but like TCW, has risen and fallen numerous times. WLW is the only promotion that can lay claim to rising to global back in 2009 and staying there for years on end.

Aaron Andrews signs w/ SWF. And Dan Stone Jr, and Jeremy Stone both went down with MAJOR injuries after winning the Ed Henson Memorial in a match against the McWades. Dan went down with a major concussion, and Jeremy with a Shattered Knee. Dean and Dallas did a number on them!

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;446450]He's in 2018, so it's hardly sky-rocketing. Also, the national battles should reduce the number over time.[/QUOTE] Good point, surely. But from my perspective, I expect to play DOTT into the 90's, and would prefer not to have 5 global companies in 1993. However, I'm encouraged to know that a couple of those companies are constantly on the cusp. On the other hand, I was also discouraged to see so many cult companies. But I have to consider that it's worldwide, so I guess it seems fair enough. Not a gamebreaker, just a little higher than I would anticipate the world being able to support. The National Battle feature is wonderful to have in place from keeping it from getting out of hand though, which is great.

[QUOTE=soundsofsilver;446616]Good point, surely. But from my perspective, I expect to play DOTT into the 90's, and would prefer not to have 5 global companies in 1993. However, I'm encouraged to know that a couple of those companies are constantly on the cusp.[/QUOTE] What you also need to remember is that the C-Verse starts with 3 national companies (BHOTWG, PGHW and TCW) and one international company (SWF), whereas DOTT's companies are all much smaller to start with - so it will take a lot longer for them all to get to national (and above) than it will for the C-Verse feds. Plus all the big companies in the C-Verse all have PPV and TV deals off the bat.....

Uhh, just noticed something in my game. Look at this: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg[/IMG] Those are all of my workers in development with the best Performance skills (Basics, psychology, etc - average C+ or better overall). One of those names doesn't seem to belong....

[QUOTE=Remianen;447403]Those are all of my workers in development with the best Performance skills (Basics, psychology, etc - average C+ or better overall). One of those names doesn't seem to belong....[/QUOTE] Is it Britney Hollywood by any chance? :eek: Roz Larren seems to have done well too. Granted her Performance skill isn't normally too bad, but the rest of her skills certainly are

[QUOTE=Remianen;447403]Uhh, just noticed something in my game. Look at this: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg[/IMG] Those are all of my workers in development with the best Performance skills (Basics, psychology, etc - average C+ or better overall). One of those names doesn't seem to belong....[/QUOTE] Sovient Union?

Archived