Demo Feedback and Questions

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;431575]A - We have a technical support forum for error reports B - It's already been fixed. C - Seriously..."could that be a bug"? :p What's the alternative, that it's just a really crap new feature? :D[/QUOTE] I hate the term "lol", but it applies here. LOL. "101 reasons to stay in this summer".

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Hurrikane;431535] - I know I've harped on about this before but the 'talk to worker' function is pretty useless in it's current form. I have no idea why this has been neglected for the last few series, and a more expanded version would improve the interaction and relationship aspect of the game, as well as taking advantage of the improved personality functions.[/QUOTE] This isn't something you can be blamed for, but judging a book by what amounts to its cover, isn't going to get you very much with TEW08. Many of the features come into their own after you've played for more than a month. What happens when your up & coming star worker gets stolen, spends 9 months as an enhancement talent in SWF then gets released and returns to your promotion? What kinda title/push is he going to want to go after then? He's not appreciably more popular. The only difference is that he got to spend 9 months in SWF's locker room, basically. You want this super complex mechanism that makes every worker unique. I don't think that's going to happen because in reality, every worker isn't unique. I'd just like to advise everyone to think about how 08's features might blossom over time. I believe that's how Adam intended them to work because, for example, battles aren't going to really become fierce until 6+ months in (when someone gets knocked down in size and has to fight to get back up). Worker personalities can, do, and will change over time (I can vouch for that) based on how you treat a worker and the things that happen to said worker. This isn't something the demo can show you though. I can guarantee you though that once you get a year or so into a game, TEW08's innate awesomeness will devour your soul. That 'talk to worker' feature starts to look a lot different when your openers are asking for midcard title shots because their momentum is abnormally high and their self-image is inflated (see Scott, Big Smack).

A few quick q's: * I've noticed that a lot of my workers are on very long PPA contracts. Fine by me, but when I signed a few new guys they all defaulted to the nine months standard of old. Might they have accepted longer deals, or are those just a bonus for the starting roster? * Rip Chord is on a 3k per month deal. I seem to remember that owners in 07 didn't draw a salary from their company - or that it came out of miscellaneous expenses or something. Am I definitely going to have to figure Rip's salary into my calculations each month, or is he a freebie? * With the introduction of movesets, is there any way (editor, maybe?) to check/change a worker's finishers? I want to try to be accurate when imagining my guy's finishers, but they're no longer part of their editable profile in the Creative section. Otherwise - loving the game. My only gripe is that when I'm switching gimmicks around I can't view a worker's attributes/talents/whatever without exiting the screen and going into their profile. Oh, and that Sam Strong signed his daughter - but you can't have everything, I guess.

is Jay Chord in the game? I cant find him anywhere lol I must admit im not happy with Mainstream Hernandez being in FCW. I feel its a step in the wrong direction for him I cant see why he would leave MAW for FCW. I think he doesnt suit the promotion. Should be in development for SWF lol

Mhm... I remember from earlier TEW versions, that manager appearence often didn't count as debuts. ATM I have the same situation. I put a female manager at the side of 3 guys, who were on a show. As far as I remember she even improved the performance. But she has still no momentum yet. So I want to [I]ask[/I], if this is going to stay that way? Also, kudos, I think the game is real gold. The loading times are perfect and I find the controls very well-arranged. [QUOTE=Adam Ryland;431575]C - Seriously..."could that be a bug"? :p What's the alternative, that it's just a really crap new feature? :D[/QUOTE] Well, you [I]do[/I] have a weird humor...

[QUOTE=Basmat01;431649]is Jay Chord in the game? I cant find him anywhere lol[/QUOTE] Considering the fact that in the last 4 games I've played (in testing), he took over MAW within the first 6 months when his father died, I'd say yes. :)

[QUOTE=Malioc;431651]Mhm... I remember from earlier TEW versions, that manager appearence often didn't count as debuts. ATM I have the same situation. I put a female manager at the side of 3 guys, who were on a show. As far as I remember she even improved the performance. But she has still no momentum yet. So I want to [I]ask[/I], if this is going to stay that way?[/QUOTE] Sidenote: So far I had 3 managers (automatic pushes: manager, personality, Authority Figure). Only the "manager" got a momentum with her push. The other two had a couple of appearences so far, partially including interference, and have still no momentum.

[QUOTE=Malioc;431667]Sidenote: So far I had 3 managers (automatic pushes: manager, personality, Authority Figure). Only the "manager" got a momentum with her push. The other two had a couple of appearences so far, partially including interference, and have still no momentum.[/QUOTE] Momentum won't be generated unless the role is on-screen and lasts more than three minutes. Anything less is considered too minor.

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;431657]Cold Cobra, you were wrong! I CAN'T set the trial clock to January 1997. Therefore, the trial is useless to me now. I already got my hopes up :( But, only a week to go until the release :)[/QUOTE] Yeah, sorry. I forgot the trial has to be set to a particular date. I was disappointed too, although it does give me time to check for any last minute problems in the database. I have to say the new popularity system seems to be coinciding with my database. People like Aries, Danielson, McGuiness are listed as "Independent Name" or "Independent Star", it's handy-dandy, as the phrase goes.... maybe?

[quote=TeemuFoundation;431657]Cold Cobra, you were wrong! I CAN'T set the trial clock to January 1997. Therefore, the trial is useless to me now. I already got my hopes up :( But, only a week to go until the release :)[/quote] Play with the Cornellverse, then. It's better than real life.

[QUOTE=GDE71;431708]Question for Adam... When the release DB is well released, will it over-write any saves? If no, will any saves be able to use the new Australian TV networks?[/QUOTE] Database changes don't effect saves, only games started from the point of installation onwards. You can import networks via the Options menu though.

Is it bothering anyone else that you cant view your entire rosters momentum on one screen like in previous versions? I base a lot of my booking on who's hot at the time. I know that you can see the top 5 in the meeting section, and click on an individual worker to see their momentum, but sometimes guys just start taking off without even noticing it.. Other then that though this game rocks, GDS definitely has my $35!

[QUOTE=Rocland;431737]Is it bothering anyone else that you cant view your entire rosters momentum on one screen like in previous versions?[/QUOTE] Certainly not the people who downloaded the handy new patch from this morning which has a momentum column in the roster overview page...;)

i have a feeling ive blantantly missed something here.. but.. is there a way to select a pre-made character for a worker.. either who is already on your roster or during negotiations.. I brought int Black Eagle with PSW and wanted to debut him under his real name Ian Herring and hoped to just select that alter-ego insteadve editting everything myself.. but cant for the life of me find where to do that..

Yeah, Rip Chord made me do the same to Antonio and Casey Valentine. Go figure. God I love this game.. I'm just so eager to get the full game.. Can't wait, can't wait. Oh yeah and one thing I'd like to mention: Look at the cards and results that other promotion have; Almost every promotion now finally has good cards considering their size. Especially I've seen some great card lineups on WLW, CZCW, GCG.. Wow. CZCW had a B- match, James Prudence vs. Ultimate Phoenix. :O And also I just love seeing GCG do so well, constant B+ / A by Hyobanshi and Gakusha! Awesome!

[QUOTE=Basmat01;431649]is Jay Chord in the game? I cant find him anywhere lol[/QUOTE] He debuts in April or May, I believe. [QUOTE=Basmat01;431649]I must admit im not happy with Mainstream Hernandez being in FCW. I feel its a step in the wrong direction for him I cant see why he would leave MAW for FCW. I think he doesnt suit the promotion. Should be in development for SWF lol[/QUOTE] Don't get me started on this one... :(

I love this demo. Only wish it went longer so I could try out more things. :) I can already see so many different things I might try. Both with running the current promotions, or with creating a couple of my own and seeing if I can compete. No real complaints. the momentum issue was fixed. Oceania/Australia seemed on the small side, but that isn't a surprise considering its effectively a new zone for the game. It definitely will be a challenge to start up there, so I'm considering trying. ;) I love the new owner's goals. they make a lot of sense, although the length of most of them make it hard to get patience back if you annoy the owner. I did like that many owners have "thou shall not hire wrestlers of style "X", although the fact that both Richard Eisen and Tommy Cornell refuse to allow Luchadors to be hired was amusing. Kind of limits their ability to steal from the Mexico promotions. One note, it was interesting to see that Nadia Snow was picked up by USPW, but Agent 69 and Tamara McFly were both unemployed. In my 2007 games Nadia rarely did well, while Agent 69 usually got hired by AAA eventually. But AAA isn't known for huge roster changes, and they did add Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly and Jaime Quine. Only 7 days until the real thing. Then I can stop suffering and write that dynasty. :p

Archived