Mid year Mafia Award Discussion

Antithesis

This is really just for discussion's sake. If I recall the timeline correctly, the games covered here are: Cartoon Chaos by mjgoldeneye Rocky and Bullwinkle by Wallbanger and Outlaw Eville be Derek B and Arrows Forum Wars by Outlaw and Sadistic Marvel Mafia By Imarevenant and Antithesis And Heroes Mafia by Arrows. Since the Heroes game will be ongoing during this discussion I'll ask that people refrain from using this thread to dicuss the game or any details related to it until it is complete. This is what happened in the official awards last year as the Star Wars game was running while discussions were going on. So I know you people can police yourselves and do the right thing. Here is the link to the first awards discussion: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=28325&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] Here are the games covered in the order they occurred: Cartoon Chaos [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=28812&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] Rocky and Bullwinkle: Frostbite Falls Under Siege [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=28952&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] Welcome To E-ville [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=29908&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] GDS Mafia Forum Wars [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=30813&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] Marvel Mafia [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=31230&highlight=%22Awards%22[/url] Heroes Mafia [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=31915[/url]

Guest The Aussie
Well, I have an award. Botch of the Year: Awarded to the biggest c*ck-up in a mafia game. The winner would obviously be me in the GDS-Forum Mafia

[QUOTE=The Aussie;433461]Well, I have an award. Botch of the Year: Awarded to the biggest c*ck-up in a mafia game. The winner would obviously be me in the GDS-Forum Mafia[/QUOTE] What was going through your mind man, seriously? Not only did you claim a dead guy, you claim ME?!? You shoulda known what was going to happen there.

Ok the old categories for nomination are Best Role CLaim Funniest Role Claim Best Role Person most likely to die first day Best Individual Performance- pro Town Best Individual Performance- Pro Mafia Best Individual Performance- Mason/Cult/Individual Best Group performance Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion Best Scum Catcher Best Serial Killer Funniest player Most Prolific Player Most Enjoyable Game Best night scene GDS Mafia Hall of Fame Most Improved Player Best Moderator Best Ending Most Dramatic Moment in Game Since this is the Mid Year mark, don't feel as though you have to nominate something just to fill in space. 2 or three nominations per category is fine, so long as most people agree that those noms are the best. If need be I guess I can explain each category further, Though the link to the first awards discussion makes it pretty clear what is meant in every category.

Guest The Aussie
2:00 in the morning and I couldn't see you in the graveyard. Could have been even more embarrasing if I went with the one that I had thought of afterwards (Peter Hilton). Just wasn't a good night for me

[QUOTE=Antithesis;433474]Ahh a New Category.. Biggest Mistake made in mafia game 1)The Aussie in Forum Wars (gotta explain exactly what happened) 2)TJ outs himself as a Cultist in Eville[/QUOTE] Being the MOD for GDS with a guy that everyone wants to kill as their only allie... and an allie that dies right after I'm taking off Mod duty. That game really sucked for me. Oh well, Might as well dance! [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showpost.php?p=410729&postcount=1163[/url]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;433478]Being the MOD for GDS with a guy that everyone wants to kill as their only allie... and an allie that dies right after I'm taking off Mod duty. That game really sucked for me. Oh well, Might as well dance! [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showpost.php?p=410729&postcount=1163[/url][/QUOTE] I don't think that was a mistake on your part. People saw you as a threat, so they killed you.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;433483].... Actually no townie tried to kill me. I didn't even get one vote for being lynched.[/QUOTE] Scum killed you, right? You were originally an Indy, that took the mantle as townie leader and was eventually recruited by a cult only to be killed by a mafia whew... Where in all that is the big mistake? I think it just shows that everyone in the game had their eye on you and either wanted you on their side or out of the game completely. That just shows you made an impact.

[QUOTE=Antithesis;433488]Scum killed you, right? You were originally an Indy, that took the mantle as townie leader and was eventually recruited by a cult only to be killed by a mafia whew... Where in all that is the big mistake? I think it just shows that everyone in the game had their eye on you and either wanted you on their side or out of the game completely. That just shows you made an impact.[/QUOTE] Anti... watch the video, it explains my sarcasm:) And if you still miss it... My name comes towards the end (I WON again, thanks to Nevermore). Same with the last one I played, Thanks to Outlaw. This whole season of Mafia has been great for me, to be honest. I'm working on some things right now, or I would definately still be playing... Love the way the games seem to be getting better and better (modding wise). And yes, that's a for sure compliment to you as well.

[quote=Wallbanger;433510]Most Dramatic Moment has got to be cappy's daykill of me in Forum Wars. Turned the entire game on its head and marked the beginning of the endgame.[/quote] Closely related, I think you gotta give Nevvy a nomination for BIP-M/C/I.

If we're talking ****-ups, surely me and BlueStar deserve a mention for the White Whale claim? :p I still maintain that had we used a character that wasn't a mechanical device built by a villain, the whole double-claim would've worked, at least until the end game. I'll have a think and a quick read through of the past games before dropping some nominations in other categories.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;433512]Closely related, I think you gotta give Nevvy a nomination for BIP-M/C/I.[/QUOTE] /nod.........only one that comes even a little close is Outlaw (Marvel Mafia) to me, he had heat on him from day 2 until the end and they still won the game. Still I think I'd give it to Nevvy. I would probably give Forum Wars and Nevermore the win for best ending as well. Snuck his way to modship on the last day and then went ahead and danced away with the victory. I'm ashamed to be one of the townies that let that happen :o

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;433514]If we're talking ****-ups, surely me and BlueStar deserve a mention for the White Whale claim? :p I still maintain that had we used a character that wasn't a mechanical device built by a villain, the whole double-claim would've worked, at least until the end game. I'll have a think and a quick read through of the past games before dropping some nominations in other categories.[/QUOTE] It still hurts...but it leaves a Sibling role opportunity for both you and nZane (as the 2 players that end up killing eachother)

[QUOTE=BlueStar;433561]Botch of the Year could also be the night celebration of the Sith and Crychon forgetting to PM his ability. Though reading that celebration afterwards while leading the charge is fun to read.[/QUOTE] That was the Star Wars Game.. technically it ended this year but was included in last year's awards.

[QUOTE=BlueStar;433561]Botch of the Year could also be the night celebration of the Sith and Crychon forgetting to PM his ability. Though reading that celebration afterwards while leading the charge is fun to read.[/QUOTE] A result of us being nice and not wanting to kill first timers, allowing a window to remain open. :D Also we where just trying to break the tension that was going on at the time. (one of the co-mods even thanked us or at least me at the time) Oh and for fun [b]Day Kill:Nevermore[/b]

[QUOTE=masterded;433583]Oh and for fun [b]Day Kill:Nevermore[/b][/QUOTE] Just for the record... that was [I]not[/I] fun :rolleyes:. [QUOTE=Imarevenant;433560]I'm ashamed to be one of the townies that let that happen :o[/QUOTE] I wouldn't feel to bad Rev. There were others that got played far harder when you were offline. [B]Slim:[/B] Let's just give Destiny the modship to speed things up. [B]Nevermore:[/B] How would that help? [B]Nevermore [I]translated:[/I][/B] Noooo! I'm within touching distance; don't ruin it for me! ...followed by some thoroughly engaging talk between me and Slim about trousers and ankles. What were we on about :confused:? Quote The Raven Nevermore

Archived