MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

Haven't predicted in a while, but now it just feels right to see out one of the finest dynasties written. [B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B] [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles Luchas De Mascaras vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts - [I]Draw[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix[/B] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title I'm gonna miss this

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to predict for this one. For posterity, if nothing else. I also have a feeling I know what's wrong with Rip... Alicia Strong and ??? vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] (c) – MAW Tag Team titles - I can see the Dirties finishing on top. Alicia's partner, if she even has one, probably won't be earth-shattering. [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts - Sexy and Roberts haven't done too much winning lately, and if the Dirties are going out on top, there's no way these two are. Plus, not that it matters for the dynasty, but a win gets the Luchas their third point. King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] and ??? - I just feel he deserves it. Deeley, Thompson, DeColt, Swoop and to a lesser extent Vessey all have a shout, and you should never bet against ???, but I reckon this'll be a 'thanks for working your tits off for the last umpteen years for little real recognition' match for Brandon. [B]Phoenix[/B] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title - He's only just won it. [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title - As much as I love Youngman, I can't see him getting out of this one. He might get out of it with the belt, but he won't 'win' the match. KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] - I like the fact that this feud is almost totally about who the better wrestler is. And the better wrester is Newton. Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] - I reckon Rip's just sold the company to him in reality which is how the dynasty ends. Assuming that's even nearly how it happens, it makes sense for Eisen to go out on top. [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title - Because every story needs a happy ending.

[B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c) [/B]– MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Gino Montero[/B] vs. Eric Eisen [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

[CENTER]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/CENTER] Alicia Strong and ??? vs. [B]Dirty Elite (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Luchas De Mascaras [/B]vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, [B]Alex DeColt[/B], Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Gino Montero[/B] vs. Eric Eisen [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

[QUOTE=James Casey;860094]Hi everyone, I’m Jay Reso...[/QUOTE] You got [B][I]Christian[/I][/B] to do a MAW show writeup? :confused: I'll follow D-Lyrium's lead and just this once... [B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B] Alicia Strong and ??? vs. [B]Dirty Elite (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles [I]You're going to job out Alicia to the talentless hacks, so I'm rinsing my pitchfork as I type.[/I] :p Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]Shenanigans rule.[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and [B]???[/B] [I]It's Alex or the TCW worker. I'm going with the TCW dude only because I think his CC will be stronger due to being more over in the US.[/I] Phoenix (c) vs. [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] – MAW All Action title [I]Eh, flip a coin. Heads for Phoenix, tails for Ota. Guess which side won?[/I] Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [I]Only because I think Jack was brought in to job...erm, 'make' someone.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton [I]Firm has to win something and they're sure not winning...[/I] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [I]...this one.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title Sentimental choice. Plus, I despise Jean Cattley as a worker (I think SWF booked him exactly the way I would have). The man has the personality of crotch lice.

[B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B] [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [I]Gotta be J-Ro, right? Unless she's busy somewhere else this night, I can't imagine why the women's title isn't on the line at the biggest show of the year.[/I] [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts [I]The latter are probably on their way out of the company, so...[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and [B]???[/B] [I]Since it's the only one unanounced, it's probably the biggest name in the match...unless it's one of the KA possibilities, like Jay Chord.[/I] [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [I]Crazy that these two have only fought once. I doubt you're going to hotshot the title this fast.[/I] Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [I]Just a hunch. Could easily go the other way.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton [I]See above.[/I] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [I]Next MAW owner? Plus Elite have to win one.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title [I]Need that happy ending. The only suspense here is who's under the mask...I hope it's Aaron Andrews, but I have a feeling it's Greg Gauge.[/I]

MAW Where It All Begins Again Alicia Strong and ??? vs. [B]Dirty Elite[/B] (c) – MAW Tag Team titles You said that Alicia ditching Elite wasn't a face turn, so I see her turning on whoever her partner is. [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix[/B] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title Giedroyc wins the match but not the belt. Countout, maybe? KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

Even though I can't say I'm all caught up, I can't miss the last chance to predict, even if some of the picks are going to be stabs in the dark. This was my favorite diary and really the only one I still try (and fail :p) to catch up on when I have time. Just wanted to say kudos on a job well done, and a story well told. It's been an enjoyable ride. [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and[B] ???[/B] [B]Phoenix[/B] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc [/B]vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid [/B]vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

[B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and [B]???[/B] [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title [B]KC Glenn [/B]vs. Davis Wayne Newton Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

[QUOTE=Remianen;860616]You got [B][I]Christian[/I][/B] to do a MAW show writeup? :confused: [/QUOTE] In fact, tew.com has a staff comprising of Jay Reso, Phil Brooks, Charles Wright, Mark Callaway and... Someone else. Jay is MAW's biggest fan, and has been doing the RCI and WIABA previews since early on in the diary (second RCI, I think). It's a little nod to Scapino's MWA diary, where Glen Jacobs, Adam Copeland and Amy Dumas all showed up in non-wrestling roles. Nice to know that there's still people double-taking over this ;) Oh, and the show will go up tomorrow. It's all written, but I'm fine-tuning it and after writing through 'til 1am this morning, I want an early night tonight.

[B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B] [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and [B]???[/B] [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

MAW Where It All Begins Again [b]Alicia Strong and ???[/b] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [b]Luchas De Mascaras[/b] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and [b]???[/b] - mmmm, mystery entrant. [b]Phoenix[/b] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [b]Jack Giedroyc[/b] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [b]Davis Wayne Newton[/b] Gino Montero vs. [b]Eric Eisen[/b] [b]Kid Arachnid[/b] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title

Alicia Strong and ??? vs. [B]Dirty Elite (c)[/B] – MAW Tag Team titles Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Joe Sexy [/B]and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts King of the Indies: [B]Sean Deeley[/B], Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title Mr. Casey, it has been an honor to read this and follow along. I will say that yours is one of the diaries the made me want to give writing a try. I look forward to whatever project you try next. You will have reader in me. Trevor

[B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [I]I see the Big Bullies Dirty Elite getting their comeuppance here, one way or another. [/I] [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts [I]Sexy and Roberts have gradually been made to look more and more vunerable, and they'll put over the masked men in their way out of the company.[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, [B]“Bulldozer” Brandon Smith[/B] and ??? [I]Hardest match of the night to call, I did like D-Lyrium's reasoning for BBS winning this, so I'll back him up on that one, or you could just say I'm being lazy[/I] :p [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [I]Phoenix has only just won this title, and despite the All Action belt's history of being hot-shotted, I don't see you doing that here.[/I] Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title [I]Youngman feels the Wrath of the God, as it all continues to crumble for the Elite.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton [I]Hmm may have spoken too soon about the Battle Royal being the hardest match to call, but this just has a good guys sweeping vibe all over it, so I'm tipping Glenn to win through here.[/I] [B]Gino Montero[/B] vs. Eric Eisen [I]Seems like everyone thinks Elite are going to win somewhere, but nothing to me their comeuppance would just feel even greater with them losing in a clean sweep. That being said this is the match I'm most split on regarding the Firm vs Elite.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title Arachnid has been built as the big saviour, so I would be shocked to see him not emerge as the new champion here, before unmasking to reveal someone who might be Aaron Andrews, or Jay Chord, oh wait could be Greg Keith, no perhaps Matt Keith, or maybe Darry Devine. Never know might even be that Providence dude.

I never do predictions, but I feel compelled since I've been following this one from the beginning... [B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B] [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles [I]She's going to bring in someone big, and whoever they will be they'll clean house. Part of me really hopes its Daddy.[/I] Luchas De Mascaras vs. Joe Sexy and [B]“Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] [I]This one's a hunch.[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [I]Swoop's the future of MAW barring his getting poached by the big boys.[/I] Phoenix (c) vs. [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] – MAW All Action title [I]Ota's due for a title again.[/I] [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title [I]Jack's a force to be reckoned with: I see him winning easily.[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton [I]If I pick one of these guys it'll be a pure guess, but I have to lean towards KC.[/I] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] [I]Eric'll pull this one off, if for no other reason then he's Eric freakin' Eisen.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title [I]Arachnid wins setting up the big reveal of whoever he is when Elite hits and unmasks him anyway.[/I]

I just saw your post and was like, "Oh crap, please don't let it be up today!" since its after midnight over here, lol. Might as well get predictions in for the last MAW show under JC's reign. ;) [B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles -[I]J-Ro for partner? She's not tied up elsewhere, and that would be reasonably fitting. I think they win because it just feels like it fits.[/I] [B]Luchas De Mascaras[/B] vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts -[I]I saw someone else mention The Firm in their predictions, and maybe just because I've been skimming lately with all the other awesome diaries, but I forgot the good guys were called that. Either way, this seems like a great time for Firefly/Heroe to go over.[/I] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, [B]Alex DeColt[/B], Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? -[I]Cameron Vessey going over here would be beautiful and a great way to cap things off, but I don't see anyone in this match allowing that to happen. Instead, I'm saying Alex DeColt has the greatest CC and gets the win.[/I] [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title -[I]Phoenix just won the title and I don't see him dropping immediately, though Ota could deserve a title run here as well and this is a decent shot to do it as well...Could really go either way, tough call.[/I] Jack Giedroyc vs. [B]Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] – MAW Traditional title -[I]Youngman has almost become a sympathetic character here, being targeted by Giedroyc. I think Youngman will finally overcome his "demons" and defeat "The Wrath of God".[/I] [B]KC Glenn[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton -[I]I'm not really sure on this one. I'm going with KC, but DWN could very well pull in the only victory of the night for the Internationals.[/I] Gino Montero vs. [B]Eric Eisen[/B] -[I]This would be a nice one for Montero, but it isn't going to happen. Eisen's way too over to go down, even to The Mexican McFly.[/I] [B]Kid Arachnid[/B] vs. Jean Cattley (c) – MAW World title -[I]The feel-good ending to the story. This one's a given. Also, while I don't know how the reveal is going to go here, I'm going to go with Masked Patriot for Kid Arachnid.[/I]

Haven't been a regular by any stretch, but have read the majority of this diary and loved every step. It's a sad day to see this MAW end, Casey. You're the man and your storytelling skills in diary terms are second to none, and only a select few equal you. I salute you, sir! [CENTER][B]MAW Where It All Begins Again[/B][/CENTER] [b]Alicia Strong and ???[/b] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles - [I]Because, no matter the partner, male or female, they're probably more talented and entertaining than Dirty Elite. I like Thrash and Leadfoot, but it wouldn't seem right for them to end this as champions.[/I] Luchas De Mascaras vs. [b]Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/b] - [I]Just because.[/I] [b]King of the Indies:[/b] Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [b]Swoop McCarthy[/b], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? - [I]I don't like to pick against ???, and I wanted to put Deeley, but I just feel like Swoop has been very consistent and generally a gem for you, so you might want to reward him.[/I] [b]Phoenix (c)[/b] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title - [I]Phoenix has been around forever, and has gone back and forth from light to dark. Plus, the recency of his win leads me to believe he defeats the ninja.[/I] [b]Jack Giedroyc[/b] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title - [I]I mark for Giedroyc. I think Youngman has been an extremely interesting character to read in terms of his (not so) loyalties and his motivations, but I think Giedroyc winning makes more sense.[/I] KC Glenn vs. [b]Davis Wayne Newton[/b] - [I]Because he's the Triple Threat baby! Plus, KC hasn't really been around all too much, so DWN would be the logical choice.[/I] [b]Gino Montero[/b] vs. Eric Eisen - [I]More wishful thinking than anything else perhaps, but I love Gino and the kid is so unbelievably talented. I think Eisen will win it but I'm pulling for Montero, and so if I get this one wrong, at least I tried.[/I] Kid Arachnid vs. [b]Jean Cattley (c)[/b] – MAW World title - [I]I think you're going to swerve us all and eschew the normal fairytale ending by rewarding Cattley for his loyalty and his superb performances for your company since the very beginning.[/I]

[B]Alicia Strong and ???[/B] vs. Dirty Elite (c) – MAW Tag Team titles Luchas De Mascaras vs. [B]Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B] King of the Indies: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Cameron Vessey, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B], Flying Jimmy Fox, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and ??? [B]Phoenix[/B] (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [B]Jack Giedroyc[/B] vs. Ernest Youngman (c) – MAW Traditional title KC Glenn vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [B]Gino Montero[/B] vs. Eric Eisen Kid Arachnid vs. [B]Jean Cattley[/B] (c) – MAW World title Wow Shmoe, I look up and see we have the same picks. At least I'm not alone.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;861883] [B]Gino Montero[/B] vs. Eric Eisen [I]Seems like everyone thinks Elite are going to win somewhere, but nothing to me their comeuppance would just feel even greater with them losing in a clean sweep. That being said this is the match I'm most split on regarding the Firm vs Elite.[/I][/QUOTE] Heh... [QUOTE=Rayelek;862594] King of the Indies: [B]Alex DeColt[/B] -[I]Cameron Vessey going over here would be beautiful and a great way to cap things off, but I don't see anyone in this match allowing that to happen. Instead, I'm saying Alex DeColt has the greatest CC and gets the win.[/I][/QUOTE] Alex [I]does[/I] have the predominant CC. There are ways around this... [QUOTE=Candyman;860640] King of the Indies: [B]???[/B] [I]Since it's the only one unanounced, it's probably the biggest name in the match...unless it's one of the KA possibilities, like Jay Chord.[/I][/QUOTE] Heh... [QUOTE=Candyman;860640] [B]Phoenix (c)[/B] vs. Fumihiro Ota – MAW All Action title [I]Crazy that these two have only fought once. I doubt you're going to hotshot the title this fast.[/I] [/QUOTE] Ota/Phoenix was a dream match for me - even more than Phoenix/Black Eagle. However, the two people that Phoenix had disappointing matches with were... Ota and Eagle. Putting this match on the show was very much a chance, but I felt that they deserved it. Honestly, if they had netural or positive tag chemisry then Dirty Elite would never have got near the tag titles... * Anyway, by my reckoning that's twenty-one predictions, so thank you all. Only one person got [I]everything[/I] right, but a few got seven of the eight. I must admit, even going into the booking of the show I wasn't sure how some of the matches would turn out (in fact, only four of the eight were set in stone: World, All Action, Tag Team title and the other tag match) so if I'd been asked on Tuesday or Wednesday then I might only have got six or seven myself. Now it's time to post the show. I've decided to use worker pictures this time out, which I hate doing but I know it can add to the show so just this once... It does mean that the show could take a while to post, so make yourself a coffee or something if you're reading this and it hasn't been posted :p

[I]OOC: Credit to Slim Jim for the vs. logo and J Silver for the Newton alt And apparently this took an hour and twenty minutes to format. Wonder why I didn't do it more often :p[/I] * [CENTER][B]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Where It All Begins Again Monday, 15th October 2014[/B] Your announcers: [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RipChord.jpg[/IMG] – [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JamesCasey.jpg[/IMG] – [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Random_Female079.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Purple"]Rip Chord[/COLOR] – [COLOR="Green"]James Casey[/COLOR] – [COLOR="Blue"]Jackie Gonzales[/COLOR][/CENTER] The show began with Alicia Strong's entrance, the crowd giving her a mixed reaction as she made her way to the ring. A lot of fans weren't ready to forgive her allegiance to Elite, even if she was going against Thrash and Leadfoot tonight. She entered the ring, and picked up a mic. [COLOR="Blue"]"I won't pretend to be a good girl,"[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]"I've always had a mean streak. I've always been selfish. I'm not out here to strike a blow for women. I'm just out here to kick Thrash and Leadfoot as hard as I can – preferably between their legs."[/COLOR] The fans gave this a favourable response - but it was drowned out by the Dirties music. Thrash and Leadfoot roared down to the ring on their bikes and clambered through the ropes before the echo of their exhausts had faded. [COLOR="Blue"]"You've got a lot of nerve even showing up here,"[/COLOR] Leadfoot snarled into the mic. [COLOR="Blue"]"You think you've got a chance tonight? You're half the size of either one of us."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"That means I move a lot faster. And pound for pound I'm a lot stronger,"[/COLOR] Alicia said, with a smirk. [COLOR="Blue"]"'Stronger' ain't no way to describe you, sweetheart,"[/COLOR] Leadfoot replied, as Thrash nodded silently. [COLOR="Blue"]"Let's face it, you jumped into bed with Joe as soon as he smiled at you. I can think of a lot of ways of describing you, based on that."[/COLOR] Strong's expression changed, her smile tightening as she looked at her opponents. [COLOR="Blue"]"Say it,"[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="Blue"]"Say it, and any chance you might have had of leaving this ring with your pride and your titles intact vanishes. Joe I can forgive. He was sweet, and we had fun – even if he was acting on orders. You morons, the way you treated me, the way you looked at me... It made my skin crawl being around you. I could even live with that if you respected what I can do in the ring... But you don't. So go ahead. Say it. Say it, and pay the consequences."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Tramp,"[/COLOR] Leadfoot sneered, dragging the word out. [COLOR="Blue"]"Bi--h. W--re. Whatever fool you wrapped your legs around to get in the ring with us should hit the VD clinic tomorrow."[/COLOR] Strong's smile widened. [COLOR="Blue"]"That wasn't necessary. My partner isn't a fool. My partner's a champion. My partner doesn't like the lack of respect you've shown to female competitors. And my partner is desperate to prove themselves against male wrestlers as well – even if you two only just about qualify. "My partner is the Women's champion, [B]Joanne Rodriguez![/B]"[/COLOR] That announcement brought a genuinely positive reaction as J-Ro's music hit and the Women's champion came down the aisle, a spring in her step and a smile on her face as she stared a hole through the Dirties. Thrash and Leadfoot, for their part, seemed torn between surprise and delight at finding out that two women would be their opponents. [COLOR="Blue"]"This is your grand plan?"[/COLOR] Leadfoot demanded, as J-Ro entered the ring, and stood side by side with Alicia – a moment of true disconnection for anyone who'd watched their heated battles over the last eighteen months. [COLOR="Blue"]"I've been in the ring with the best of the best,"[/COLOR] Strong said, with a shrug. [COLOR="Blue"]"And Rodriguez here is at the top of the list. Besides, she has something to prove."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"That's right. I've beaten everyone put in front of me, and now I want a chance to beat everyone, period. I'll admit that teaming with Strong wouldn't be my first choice... But it gets me what I want. Besides, I really don't like you two."[/COLOR] Leadfoot and Thrash laughed. [COLOR="Blue"]"Lambs to the slaughter,"[/COLOR] Leadfoot declared. [COLOR="Blue"]"Or should I say chicks?"[/COLOR] Strong and Rodriguez shared a smile. [COLOR="Blue"]"Funny,"[/COLOR] Strong said. [COLOR="Blue"]"I hope you can still laugh when these chicks have your titles."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTagTeam.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AliciaStrong_alt6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoanneRodriguez.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/LeadBelly.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GreaseHogg.jpg[/IMG] [B]Alicia Strong and Joanne Rodriguez vs. Dirty Elite (c)[/B] [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR][/CENTER] Was the crowd hot for this match? You betcha. In fact, what the fans wanted was to see Alicia and J-Ro take their time picking apart the Dirties, who’d broken down the last shreds of resistance among the crowd to a mixed match with their last comments. Instead what they got was a pair of individual displays of excellence as Rodriguez and Strong blitzed the Dirties in a stunning display of speed and agility, never once giving the bikers the chance to settle and go on the offensive. Although Thrash and Leadfoot got a few shots in, they never managed to take control of the match and when Thrash ate a double dropkick that sent him off the apron and into the crowd barrier, Leadfoot was left all alone. To his credit, he didn’t back off – instead he charged. But Rodriguez and Strong clearly had their opponent scouted and in a brief moment of unity they used his momentum against him, lifting and dropping him between them with an Angel Driver. Alicia then made the cover as the referee counted to three, giving Strong and Rodriguez the MAW Tag Team titles! Winners: Strong and Rodriguez (C+) * Their freshly-won title belts in hand, the new champions celebrated their success - albeit individually. After a couple of minutes they exchanged a nod speaking of respect, but not friendship. Rodriguez left first, allowing Strong to have a moment in the sun on her own as she held the title belt aloft. * Backstage, Cameron Vessey was strutting through the hallways. He stopped to sneer at a crewman, before hitting on the girl he’d been talking to. [COLOR="Blue"]“Second generation is best,”[/COLOR] he promised her, as she recoiled slightly. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’m on my way to the top, and baby, you can come along for the ride. For tonight, at lea-“[/COLOR] He was cut off by a massive hand closing around his throat. He gagged for a few seconds as the camera pulled back to reveal the massive frame of... [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TexasPete_alt5.jpg[/IMG] [B]...Ruin![/B][/CENTER] The former MAW World champion hoisted Vessey easily into the air and threw him into a plasterboard wall which shattered around him resulting in a hard landing on the concrete floor beyond. Ruin stepped through the hole in the wall and the camera could see nothing but his back as he bent over Vessey and unleashed a series of brutal, meaty-sounding strikes. He straightened up, turned and walked impassively away, leaving Vessey lying unconscious on the floor. [COLOR="Purple"]“Ruin’s back?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“By process of elimination, he would appear to be in the King of the Indies match.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“So, is he the mystery entrant? Are we down to nine?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“My lips are sealed.”[/COLOR] * Joe Sexy and Phil Roberts marched down to the ring, looking very pleased with themselves - until the referee checked them for hidden weapons and pulled a set of brass knucks from Sexy's pocket, and drew a length of chain from Roberts' trouser leg. Sexy looked at his partner in surprise. Roberts looked slightly embarrassed, but characteristically said nothing as the crowd laughed and booed. [COLOR="Blue"]"Hey, we just wanted to be ready to defend ourselves,"[/COLOR] Sexy said. [COLOR="Blue"]"We don't trust these masked freaks. How you people can cheer on someone who covers their face is beyond me. See, where I come from, we do our business up front – in your face. Maybe we break a few faces that way, but we're honest. The New York way-“[/COLOR] The music of Luchas De Mascaras played and El Heroe Mexicano and Amazing Fire Fly appeared at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="Blue"]"When you gonna learn, Joe?"[/COLOR] Fly demanded. [COLOR="Blue"]"This ain't New York, amigo."[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"That's right. This is MAW!"[/COLOR] The fans picked up the chant immediately: [B][COLOR="Blue"]"MAW! MAW! MAW!"[/COLOR][/B] Sexy looked furious, snatching the chain from the referee and making for the ropes, but Roberts grabbed him and held him back, not wanting to lose the match by disqualification before it even started. Sexy seethed quietly as the masked men scaled the ropes and played to the crowd, who were eating it up. * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AmazingFireFly.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ElHeroeMexicano_alt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoeSexy.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EnforcerRoberts.jpg[/IMG] [B]Luchas De Mascaras vs. Joe Sexy and “Enforcer” Phil Roberts[/B][/CENTER] Sexy and Roberts attacked before the bell, of course. That’s not cheating – the match hadn’t started. Fly and Heroe took the brunt of the punishment in the early going. However, they soon rallied via a combination of outright speed and clever double-teaming – all within the limits of the rules. It was clear that the ‘no cheating’ stipulation was chafing on Sexy in particular, and Roberts took the decision to keep him out of the match. It was a sensible move, as Roberts was able to ground the young high-flyers and wear them down with some brutal submission holds. [COLOR="Purple"]“That’s a smart move from Roberts. As good as Heroe and Fly are, they’re no match for him on the mat."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“The longer he can keep them down, the harder they’ll find it to get airborne again. Roberts is really working on their legs.”[/COLOR] Sexy, though, could not long be kept on the outside. He tagged himself in just as Roberts was about to punt Heroe’s head off his shoulders, and went on the offence, lashing out with lariats and body slams as he used his strength and size to boss around the smaller men. Heroe and Fly had reserves to draw on, though. They took the worst that Sexy had to offer, but were able to tag in and out to share the punishment, as Sexy was unable to match their pace to prevent them tagging each other. The masked duo began to take control of the match, using the five-count to double-team Sexy as Roberts was left to look on in anger, unable to intervene himself. At last he exploded into the fray, but immediately Fly was on hand to take him down with a rolling wheel kick that dropped him to the mat and sent him to the outside. Sexy went after Fly, but the diminutive Mexican landed a dropsault on the bigger man to put him down. Fly then knocked the wind from Sexy with a standing star press, before diving out of the way as Heroe leapt from the top turnbuckle with a Flying Headbutt to pick up the win and make a clear statement. [COLOR="Green"]“The Firm win cleanly. Eric Eisen will not be impressed.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Maybe someone, somewhere gives a damn.”[/COLOR] Winners: Luchas De Mascaras (C-) * Nine men had already entered the ring for the battle royal. [COLOR="Blue"]"That's nine. Ruin's in ahead of Vessey, then. So who's the tenth entrant?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"Rip, do you want to make the announcement?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"Nah. Let the kid have his moment."[/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmSIGT31_-c"][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/play.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER] As the music hit the PA, and the fans erupted. That music was well known from TCW's TV shows as the entrance theme of none other than... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JayChord.jpg[/IMG] [B]...Jay Chord![/B][/CENTER] The prodigal son re-entered MAW with an eruption of pyro as he strode down to the ring, his face locked in an arrogant sneer as he looked at his opponents. [COLOR="Red"]"It's the return of the king. The crowned head of professional wrestling has come back to where it all began... again. "For those unfortunate enough to not know who I am, my name is Jay Chord. I am the heir to the proudest legacy in wrestling today. I have stood alone at the pinnacle where I have wrestled, be it Japan, USPW, TCW... or MAW. And after so long away from this company, I have returned. "Tonight is Where It All Begins Again. For tonight the reign of Chord begins once more."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ROF_Contender.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ShooterSeanDeeley_alt4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TexasPete_alt5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/HarryAllen_alt3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AlexDeColt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SwoopMcCarthy_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FlyingJimmyFoxx.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/PuertoRicanPower.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/BulldozerBrandon_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JayChord.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][CENTER]King of the Indies Battle Royal Entrants: Sean Deeley, Joss Thompson, Ruin, Harry Allen, Alex DeColt, Swoop McCarthy, Flying Jimmy Foxx, Puerto Rican Power, “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith and Jay Chord[/CENTER][/B] It was, of course, chaotic from the bell. Puerto Rican Power and Ruin laid into one another as soon as the bell sounded. Jay targeted Brandon Smith, an old foe. Harry Allen and Swoop started trading punches, while Foxx and DeColt tied it up with Deeley and Thompson. Foxx took an early bath as Lisa Bowen passed Deeley a set of brass knuckles with which he absolutely nailed the Californian flyer. However, justice was swift as DeColt ripped them from his hand and used them to KO Deeley, pitching him over the top rope to follow Foxx. Harry Allen was the next to go, hoisted high into the air by Puerto Rican Power and pitched over the top rope to a hard landing. Power was immediately targeted by Smith and Swoop, who tried to overpower Da Power – to their evident immediate regret as he took their hardest strikes and clotheslined them nearly out of their boots. Jay leapt onto Da Power’s back and clamped on a sleeperhold. Da Power couldn’t shake off his smaller assailant, and even as he tried DeColt, Deeley and Thompson all took turns attacking the bigger man. Eventually Power dropped to his knees, but Jay was too savvy to release the hold until Power slumped to the mat. At that point he scrambled clear as everyone else hauled Power into the air and dumped him over the top rope. In the confusion, however, Jay sneaked back in and upended Thompson, taking the International over the top rope as well. There were now five men left in the ring as the action slowed momentarily while they took stock – but only momentarily as Bulldozer nearly broke Jay in half with a spear. However, before Bulldozer could make another move, Ruin grabbed him by the back of the head and seemingly with no effort at all shoved him over the top rope. Ruin turned into a barrage of strikes by Swoop, but he shrugged them off with no apparent effect. Seeing this, Swoop quickly ran around behind DeColt, drawing laughs from the crowd even as DeColt looked annoyed. However, he gamely tackled Ruin, trying to take the massive former World champion off his feet and onto the mat. Ruin, however, blasted DeColt with a series of hard punches, leaving him almost out on his feet. Swoop seemed torn between helping DeColt and staying out of it, but in the end he charged at Ruin as the big man went after DeColt. Ruin, however, just raised one foot, planting his size thirteen boot into Swoop’s face as he charged, dropping the Australian like a rock. A two step run up gave Ruin the momentum to unleash a lariat like an elephant charging and Alex DeColt was taken up and over the top rope. Ruin then dragged Swoop upright and clamped a hand around his throat. With barely the faintest expression of effort on his face, he lifted the big Australian into the air and hoisted him over the top rope. Swoop hung on grimly, trying to find a way to not be eliminated. However, all he managed to do was put Ruin off balance. That was more than enough of an invite for Jay to make his presence known once more. Having recovered sufficiently from Smith’s assault, he grabbed Ruin and pitched him up and over the top rope, dropping him onto Swoop and making Jay the new King of the Indies! Winner: Jay Chord (B-) * Fumihiro Ota and Phoenix made their separate entrances to the ring ahead of their All Action title match. In the ring, they shook hands, and Ota bowed to the champion in respect. [COLOR="Purple"]"Respect is all well and good, but Ota can't give too much to the champion or he'll be set to lose before he even starts."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"There's no harm in honouring Phoenix. These two men have given so much to MAW over the years, and their careers have been intertwined almost since day one. I'm glad to have them here on pay-per-view."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Friends competing against each other always carries an element of risk. Will the strain of competition be too much for their friendship?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"These two have been through so much together, I can't see it."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"There's gold on the line. It's always a possibility."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWAllAction-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/UltimatePhoenix.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FumihiroOta_alt1.jpg[/IMG] [B]Phoenix (c) vs. Fumihiro Ota[/B] [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR][/CENTER] In spite of Rip’s forebodings, this was a heated, hard-fought, but completely cleanly-fought contest. The two veterans engaged in a spell of one-upmanship in the early going, showing off their best and most impressive moves as they sought to take one another down. Around the six minute mark, however, things shifted up a gear as they entered a genuine spell of competition. Although there was nothing too flashy about their approach, they were fighting hard and had set aside their friendly rivalry in pursuit of the All Action title – Ota seeking its capture, Phoenix the feeling of having earned it legitimately. The end came after a flurry of strikes and counter strikes, blocks and reversed finishers. Ota tried for a Shining Wizard, but Phoenix evaded the strike and caught his challenger with a snap back suplex before scaling the turnbuckles and landing the Phoenix Splash for the win. After the decision, the two men shook hands, and bowed to one another to show that their mutual respect had survived a closely-fought contest. Winner: Phoenix (C-) * A short hype video recounted the history of the feud between Ernest Youngman and Jack Giedroyc. Giedroyc’s mental assaults on Youngman sequed into the arrival of the Wrath of God. and Giedroyc laying out Youngman with brass knuckles at the last pay-per-view. Giedroyc's revelations about Youngman's past – which he hadn't disputed – seemed to trigger a change in Youngman as the previously massively self-confident youngster became introverted and brooding, culminating in his hard-hitting match with ally Jean Cattley at the last Nationwide, and his chair-assisted ambush of Giedroyc later in the show. The video closed with the image of a downed Giedroyc, with a wild-looking Youngman looming over him. Then we were live, with Giedroyc being shown in a darkened room. [COLOR="Indigo"]"Ernest Youngman is a proud, self-absorbed man,"[/COLOR] he began, his words surprisingly soft. [COLOR="Indigo"]"He has invested his sense of self-worth in what he achieves in the ring, and there is no question that he is a talented fighter. He is the reigning Traditional champion. That gold symbolises his success. That success has led to his arrogance. That arrogance led to his defying His will three nights ago, when he tried to eliminate me before our match. Ernest, I am blessed by Him. No mere barrage of chair shots would be enough to stop me in my holy and blessed mission. "Only yesterday I was observing Ernest Youngman as he collected an order from a drive-through restaurant. The service was slow, and Youngman took offence. He entered the restaurant and brandished his title belt at those within, demanding superior service befitting, as he suggested, his status as a champion. "Ernest, you received your hamburger, but at what cost? You ignored the rules of etiquette attendant on those who use the drive-through lane. You left your car, and caused a tailback, and all in search of faster food. Is a hamburger worth the price of your immortal soul? "It wasn't even a cheeseburger, Ernest!"[/COLOR] He paused, and collected himself. [COLOR="Indigo"]"I will save Ernest Youngman. I will not rest until he is knelt before, begging for mercy. Only then, when He is convinced that Ernest is genuinely sorry, that he is ready to accept Him, will Ernest's journey be complete. "Tonight I will take the Traditional title for him. I hope, I pray that it will be enough to convince him to surrender his selfish, spiteful ways. I pray that he will learn his lesson – that he will accept Him into his life, and become a better person. "I pray this because tonight I will seek to achieve my goal in the wrestling ring. If that does not succeed, Ernest, then I will escalate. I have observed you in your daily life, Ernest. I know where you live. I know where you eat. I know all there is to know about you, including that incident with Bette David at your twelfth grade dance. I know, Ernest. "He is omnipresent, and He is omnipotent. As his Wrath I can strike at any time, in any place, in any way. Ernest, accept Him tonight, or in His name I will cause you suffering such as you have never known."[/COLOR] Giedroyc bowed his head, hands clasped before him in prayer as the screen faded to black. The scene shifted to Ernest Youngman who was alone in a bare room - notably, not the Elite locker room. He stared into the camera for several long moments, his knuckles white as he clutched at the Traditional title belt. [COLOR="Blue"]"You DARE to threaten me?"[/COLOR] he demanded. [COLOR="Blue"]"Do you REALLY believe that you can beat me? "The Wrath of God? I am King Midas. The supreme, the ultimate, the Assassin of the Squared Circle. "Giedroyc, you think you know me? You think that watching me teaches you anything?"[/COLOR] He removed his sunglasses and stared deep into the camera. The look in his eyes was... unsettling. [COLOR="Blue"]"You don't know anything. You have no idea of the depths to which I can sink, or the heights I can scale. "Giedroyc, congratulations. You wanted a holy war? You wanted to fight the sinner? I’m ready. And I will NEVER surrender."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTraditional_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/JackGiedroyc.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ErnestYoungman.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jack Giedroyc vs. Ernest Youngman (c)[/B] [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR][/CENTER] Youngman didn’t even wait for the bell before he charged Giedroyc, using his strength to throw his challenger around the ring in a series of shattering suplexes before gaining a two-count with an Olympic slam. Youngman wasted no time arguing with the referee over the count, instead grabbing Giedroyc by the head and ramming it repeatedly into the mat as a low, guttural growl welled up from inside him and turned into a scream as he rose to his feet, arms outstretched, bellowing at the heavens as Giedroyc lay on the mat. [COLOR="Blue"]“Youngman’s lost it!”[/COLOR] Picking Giedroyc up, Youngman drilled him with three hard body slams. Propping him up in the corner, Youngman launched himself from halfway across the ring to crush Giedroyc against the turnbuckles with a flying leap. Giedroyc teetered backwards, and Youngman wrapped him up in a half-nelson before flinging him backwards across the ring. The Wrath of God landed hard on the back of his head and his shoulders, folded double in the far corner. Still Youngman pursued the advantage, hauling Giedroyc upright and driving him into the turnbuckles once, twice, three times. He tried once more for a flying splash, but Giedroyc by design or sheer chance dropped to the mat, Youngman landing hard on the top turnbuckle. [COLOR="Green"]“This could be a pivotal moment – can Giedroyc get into the match?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Never mind that: Can Giedroyc stand up?”[/COLOR] The Wrath of God was struggling even to rise to all fours, but his efforts weren’t what held the eye. [COLOR="Blue"]“He’s smiling! What the hell?”[/COLOR] An eerie smile was indeed prominent on Giedroyc’s face as he looked up at Youngman. Pushing himself painfully upright, he grabbed the champion and hauled him off the turnbuckles. Youngman dropped painfully to the mat, clutching his injured chest. [COLOR="Green"]“Can Youngman continue? Did Giedroyc lull him into a big mistake?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Why would you take as much punishment as Giedroyc did on the chance your opponent would hurt himself?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Giedroyc’s always been about head games. Making Youngman beat himself would make him feel good.”[/COLOR] A gutwrench suplex added further insult to Youngman’s injuries. Giedroyc dropped a leg onto Youngman’s ribs, before applying a surfboard as Youngman grimaced – and slammed his head back into Giedroyc’s face, breaking the hold before it could be fully applied. The two men lay on the mat, Youngman coughing roughly as he nursed his ribs and Giedroyc stared blankly at the ceiling. The two men received an eight count from the referee before using the ropes to pull themselves upright. Giedroyc shook his head to clear the cobwebs, then turned the same eerie smile on Youngman, nodding slightly as though approving. Youngman stared at his opponent in confusion, before unleashing a big right hand that did nothing to change Giedroyc’s expression. A second punch also went seemingly unfelt. Giedroyc then fired back with a clothesline, Youngman seemingly hurt more by the landing then the actual move. Giedroyc stood over his injured foe, but instead of pushing his advantage, he instead put out a hand to pull Youngman up. He then pointed up, before opening his arms wide, inviting Youngman to take the next strike. Youngman hesitated, but in the absence of resistance blasted GIedroyc with the hit and, as the challenger lay unmoving on the mat, covered him to score the pinfall. [COLOR="Blue"]“Is that it? That was weird.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“The match is over, but...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“This is Giedroyc. He likes to screw with his opponent’s heads.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“The Wrath of God plays the long game.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Yeah, look.”[/COLOR] Youngman collected his title belt and left the ring, but turned on the ramp to look back at the ring where Giedroyc had risen to his knees, and was staring at Youngman as he elaborately brought his hands together in prayer, his eyes never leaving Youngman. Youngman stared at him for several seconds, his face visibly reddening until he spiked the title belt into the ground and charged back to the ring, injuries forgotten as adrenaline flooded his veins. He slid into the ring and met Giedroyc on the rise as both sprang to their feet at the same time, colliding in a flurry of fists and feet and bone-jarring impact before, from nowhere, Giedroyc nailed the Crashing On, laying Youngman out cold. Giedroyc calmly crossed Youngman’s hands over his chest, before laying his hand on Youngman’s forehead and raising his eyes heavenward, his expression beseeching. At last he rose to his feet and departed the ring, not even looking backward as he disappeared backstage. [COLOR="Purple"]“That man just doesn’t operate the same way others do...”[/COLOR] Winner: Ernest Youngman (B) * Davis Wayne Newton and KC Glenn were in the ring, waiting on the bell. They postured and pointed, promoting themselves at the sake of each other. [COLOR="Green"]"This has quickly become a deeply personal matter between these two."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"They started out arguing about who the better wrestler was, but Newton's been like a dog with a bone."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"I've always thought Newton had talent, but the kid's trying mind games with Glenn. We'll see if it works, or if it blows up in his face."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"You can't doubt their credentials. Newton has trained under the DeColts and the Stones - not many people can claim that. Glenn is a former Invitational winner, and in his time in MAW has been mentored by Steve Flash and Kid Arachnid."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"I've been paying these two a lot of attention as I prepared for this show. I have to go with Glenn. For all that Newton calls himself an International, Glenn spends half the month in Japan, and I think that experience could give him the edge."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"I've been watching these two almost since they debuted. I can't pick one over the other – it’s too close to call."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"Newton's got a mean streak in him, and Glenn's a nice kid. I figure that gives the Canuck the edge."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/DavisWayneNewton_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [B]KC Glenn vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B][/CENTER] War? No. Fast-paced? No. Brutal? No. Tactical, innovative, technical, and containing a series of counter-wrestling, chain wrestling, mat wrestling, submissions, counters and finally a good old fashioned armbar topping a sequence lasing almost five minutes? Yes. After the story-driven shenanigans that surrounded the last match, the fans erupted as this match began with the above ultra-modern take on the old-school action so beloved of our fans. Newton and Glenn didn’t give an inch as their bitter battle of one-upmanship continued. Inside of eight minutes it was clear that their personal quests to be seen as the pre-eminent talent of their generation had become a deeply-felt war. Newton had no qualms about using every shortcut in the book, while Newton did everything exactly within the rules – but equally could bend the rules to the absolute maximum. It could only end on a mistake – or a blatant bit of cheating. Newton benefited from the latter as Lisa Bowen distracted the referee and Glenn took a boot below stairs, stunning him long enough for Newton to apply the STF. Glenn couldn’t escape, and while he struggled valiantly, in the end he could only submit or break. Wisely, he chose the former path. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (B) * Backstage, and Kid Arachnid left The Firm's locker room only to find himself face to face with Jay Chord. [COLOR="Red"]"Nice mask."[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Thanks. Ah hope you don't mind, but Ah changed it some from the one you wore."[/COLOR] Chord laughed, humourlessly. [COLOR="Red"]"Good luck tonight."[/COLOR] Arachnid paused. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Really?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Yeah, really. I don't want to have come back just for one night. If this is the end, it's only right that I be here – I am the greatest that this company has ever seen, after all."[/COLOR] Arachnid bridled slightly, but said nothing. [COLOR="Red"]"I hope you win. You see, if you win, I figure as I’m the King of the Indies then I'm pretty high up the list of challengers for the World title, and I'll want my shot soon."[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]"You're welcome to try. Ah'm always ready to fight."[/COLOR] Chord nodded and strode off. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Especially against you, Jay,"[/COLOR] Arachnid muttered to himself, his normal thick Southern accent completely absent. * Eric Eisen stood in the middle of the ring with a sour look on his face. [COLOR="Sienna"]"I suppose you think that this is impressive? That having dropped the tag titles, and lost to Heroe and Fly that somehow Elite are out of picture? "Think again. We keep fighting because our cause is important. MAW damages this business. There is a strict hierarchy, controlled by the elite. MAW cannot buck the natural order without consequences. Had they accepted their natural place, there would have been no problems. Instead they have tried to muscle in on my territory. "Tonight the best that MAW can manage is to send Gino Montero against me. It's offensive, frankly. This young punk is the heir to some Mexican legacy, as though that means something. Mexican wrestling, lucha libre, means nothing. I control wrestling, and I have made sure that lucha libre has as much prestige as some brainless frat boy youtubing his brothers fighting over a cardboard belt in their backyard. "People have dared to compare Montero to me. They say he wrestles as well as I do, that he's the heir to some great tradition comparable to mine... It's bull. Montero has some talent, and if he used his brains he could compete alongside me and learn from me. By setting himself against me, he has chosen the same fate as MAW. Tonight, as surely as the story of Mid Atlantic Wrestling comes to an end, so too will the abbreviate career of Gino Montero."[/COLOR] Gino's music played and the Mexican McFly came down to the ring. [COLOR="Blue"]"Eric, Eric, Eric... [I]Mi amigo[/I], you've lost it. No-one compares you and me and says we wrestle the same way."[/COLOR] Eisen nodded approvingly. [COLOR="Blue"]"They compare you and me and see that I'm better."[/COLOR] Eisen lost his cool, yelling at Montero as the younger man stood in the entranceway, grinning. [COLOR="Blue"]"I am a second-generation star, same as you, sorta. Your [I]papi[/I] never stepped in the ring, Eric, so all you're heir to is a pot of cash - not the glorious legacy of the Monteros. See, I didn't have the flashy cars growing up. I didn't go to the finest schools. I didn't hang out with the 'elite'. "I just learned to fight from one of the best – my father. Later, he got me training from his friends, and his students, and when I debuted I knew I was good. Except, I had to wonder how good. Maybe the folks down in Mexico were being kind to me. Maybe they were letting me win 'cause of who my father was. I'd never know. That's why I came here to America, Eric. I heard about MAW, and wanted to try myself against the best wrestlers around. This was the place to start. "See, I came here to America, and I got welcomed with open arms. Before I even got to fight, Kid Arachnid came to me and asked me to help against your thugs. I went up against people who wanted to break me, to hurt me. Your people, Eric. I won some, I lost some – but I learned how good I was. "Eric, I'm a damn good wrestler, [I]esse[/I]. Coming to America just made me better. So tonight I fight you not just for me, to test myself against a great opponent. I'm fighting for Mexico, to show that a luchador like me can go against the best that America has to offer. And I fight for this company, 'cos if I beat you then this company is safe. And that's important too, Eric, 'cause there's a lot of folks back home who'd love to come to a company like this, where you get told to fight as hard as you can, and win or lose you get appreciated for it. That’s why we all fight so hard for MAW."[/COLOR] The fans took up the chant immediately: [COLOR="Blue"][B]“MAW! MAW! MAW!”[/B][/COLOR] Eric was visibly rattled as he looked around the thousands in attendance who, to a man, were practically baying for his blood. * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GinoMontero_alt3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/EricEisen_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [B]Gino Montero vs. Eric Eisen[/B][/CENTER] Yet another change of pace as Montero and Eisen went all-out in the opening minutes, one or other seemingly airborne at all times as they sought to inflict maximum damage in the minimum time. [COLOR="Green"]“High risk, high reward.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“High cost.”[/COLOR] The fans quickly warmed to the action as Montero unleashed some of his most spectacular lucha tricks, including a 720-degree spin around Eric’s body before drilling him with a DDT that left us commentators lost for words. Montero pressed his advantage by taking the match to the mat for a spell, but this was a match that would be decided in the air, and soon enough Montero was atop the turnbuckles once more. Eric, though, has a considerable survivor’s instinct, and with the match and his future at stake, he leapt onto the second rope, delivering a pinpoint headbutt to Montero’s chest that sent him backwards, grasping at thin air as he nearly toppled the ten feet to the arena floor. Eisen saved him – painfully, as he grabbed Montero’s goatee to stop him short. [COLOR="Blue"]“Ouch! For a clean shave, I guess there’s no beating it...”[/COLOR] Eisen laughed as he held Montero at bay while he climbed to the top rope. He pulled his opponent in close and sprang into a hurricanrana to send Montero crashing hard to the mat. Eric stared down at him for a moment in delight, before climbing to the top rope himself. [COLOR="Green"]“As talented as Eisen is, does he have a move for this situation?”[/COLOR] He did – stolen from his opponent. Eisen leapt into thin air, rotating for a perfect Montero Press. But his landing was less than perfect as Montero scrambled free at the last moment. Eisen hit hard, and even some members of the crowd groaned in sympathy as he landed spread-eagled on the mat from some twelve feet in the air. [COLOR="Green"]“Eisen wanted to finish Montero with his own move – I guess pride really does come before a fall.”[/COLOR] Montero had a few moments to gather his wits before Eric began to rise. Montero charged in and landed a low dropkick to the side of Eisen’s head he pushed himself onto all fours, sending Eric sprawling across the mat. [COLOR="Purple"]“Nothing you can do to block that or make it hurt any less. That could be the beginning of the end for Elite.”[/COLOR] Indeed, when Eric stumbled upright, it was clear that he was hurt. He seemed to have trouble focusing, and when he took a swing at Montero it was a foot to his left. [COLOR="Blue"]“I wouldn’t put it past Eisen to be shamming.”[/COLOR] Montero seemed to have the same idea, as he let Eric stagger around for a few moments, but Rip saw something else. [COLOR="Purple"]“Look at the smile on Montero’s face. He’s enjoying seeing Eisen suffer.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“Can you blame him? Think how much pain Eisen’s caused. Tim Westybrook, Bradford Peverell, Sam Cannon... Hell, even Trent Shaffer! The list goes on and on of people that Eisen and his goons have hurt and forced out of MAW.”[/COLOR] Slowly, Eric seemed to regain his focus as Montero stood right in front of him. As his faculties returned, Eric realised who was in front of him, and saw the smile on his face. Eric’s face dropped. Montero sprang forward. [COLOR="Blue"]“Silver Spoon Shock! Montero didn’t miss!”[/COLOR] The crowd counted along as the referee’s hand slapped the mat once, twice, three times. Gino Montero had beaten Eric Eisen! Elite’s reign of terror was over! Winner: Gino Montero (B) * Stunned by his defeat, Eric took several moments to respond. He looked at the referee, at Gino, at the referee again - and then exploded into life, booting Gino in the gut and nailing him with a Silver Spoon Shock. Shoving the referee out of the way, he straddled Montero and began raining down punches. Before he could do much damage, though, the ring was charged by members of The Firm, as well as several members of the MAW roster - including Alicia Strong and Jay Chord. Lagging behind were the members of Elite, seemingly too stunned by their leader's loss to effectively come to his aid. Instead, as Brandon Smith and Fumihiro Ota grabbed Eric and hauled him upright, they lingered in the aisle, realising belatedly that behind them on the ramp were Alex DeColt, Flying Jimmy Foxx... and the looming, otherworldly presence of Ruin. Rip picked up the mic. [COLOR="Purple"]"Eric, you have no idea how much I've wanted to step in the ring with you and kick your ass. It's a shame that we can't fight right now, but wrestling is a young man's game, and I'm not a young man anymore. "Watching you and your thugs run roughshod over this company hasn't been fun, but I knew we'd come out on top. You see, we care about this company. For you, this was just business. "This company is my legacy, Eric. It's a word you throw around a lot, but to me it means something – and I think it does to everyone who signed on here to become a better wrestler, to fight the best that this business has to offer. "In a way, I might actually owe you something. You see, when my son here,"[/COLOR] he clapped Jay on the shoulder, [COLOR="Purple"]"saw what you were doing, he called me from California. Long-distance, Eric. Those of us who don't have trust funds need to watch our pennies, but it was worth it. Jay agreed to come back – but first, he helped me pick your opposition. We knew that a lot of the wrestlers in this company are young, not used to the kind of warfare you wanted to bring. We had to bolster the ranks, so we brought back Fly, and he suggested Gino. We knew that KC and Heroe could fight... and we thought we could count on Jean. "Well done, Eric. You bought off Jean Cattley. It's a good job that Arachnid showed up out of nowhere to step in and act as leader of the resistance. "Your invasion failed, Eric, because you treated this like it was all business. Admittedly, you made your business personal by attacking people, by injuring almost a dozen people so badly that they had to leave the company, but you never cared, Eric. It was all just a chance to impress the real boss of your outfit. "We cared. James and I couldn't fight you, but we kept people from walking away when you were making life hell. The Firm and everyone who stood alongside them fought you every inch of the way. "And then [I]this[/I] Kid showed up from nowhere to stand as a symbol of MAW against the invaders. That worked beautifully,"[/COLOR] Rip stood beside Arachnid, who was smiling slightly, and clapped him on the shoulder as he'd done for Jay. [COLOR="Purple"]"And now it's time for you to go, Eric. You and your invaders can leave now. You've been defeated. You've been shown up as inferior. If you try and stick around, try and make trouble, you'll find trouble is ready for you. If nothing else, my son will fight you. And he won't play by the rules."[/COLOR] Ota and Smith released Eisen, who scowled at Jay as he snatched the mic. [COLOR="Sienna"]"At least I've screwed you out of your main event. When Jean leaves, your title match goes as well."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"Sorry, Eric, but you're wrong there,"[/COLOR] I cut in. [COLOR="Green"]"You see, we were very clear about who'd leave when you lost tonight. The invaders. Now, I signed your paychecks when you came in. That's fair – you brought in a lot of money, and this is still a business after all. But there are – were – eight people in Elite. Yourself, Joe, Phil, Thrash, Leadfoot... and Jean, Ernest and Alicia. Five of you are invaders, and you're leaving now. Three of you, the three currently holding titles, in fact, will be staying. Because we have plans for making you pay for the way you betrayed this company. You helped bring in a cancer it's taken over six months to cure. You won't be let off lightly."[/COLOR] Alicia nodded shortly, her title belt clutched tightly in his hands. Cattley looked defiantly around him. Youngman... was nowhere to be seen. [COLOR="Green"]"As for the rest of you... Leave now. Try and take those three with you, and we'll sue you for breach of contract and [I]we'll[/I] end up owning New York."[/COLOR] Eric growled as he spiked the mic into the mat. He made a lunge at Rip but was stopped in his tracks by Jay, who earned a booming ovation with a hard right hand to Eisen's jaw, before topping it when he grabbed the Crown Prince and drilled him with a Rip Chord DDT. [COLOR="Red"]"Pick up your trash and get out,"[/COLOR] he snarled at the remnants of Elite. Sexy, Roberts, Thrash and Leadfoot were surrounded, and even the bikers seemed disinclined to get into a fight at that point. They each grabbed a limb of Eric's and dragged him out of the ring before making their way up the ramp as Rip led the crowd in a chorus of [B][COLOR="Blue"]"Nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, goodbye..."[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Purple"]"Drama over, folks,"[/COLOR] Rip announced as the five invaders disappeared behind the curtain. [COLOR="Purple"]"But we've still got a main event."[/COLOR] Gradually the ring emptied, leaving Arachnid alone in the centre, with Jean standing in the aisle. * Arachnid picked up a mic. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Well, this is it Jean. The leader of the resistance against MAW's greatest ever wrestler. A man who's spent six months pursuing a goal against a man who's never been known to give up. "Kid Arachnid. Jean Cattley. Ah say the match sells itself. No more need for talk. What say we just ring the bell and finally see who's the better man?"[/COLOR] Cattley glared at his opponent. [COLOR="Navy"]"My world just collapsed around me. My dreams of glory, success and wealth were just snatched from my grasp. I'm stuck here in the Mid Atlantic because of a... a miscalculation on the part of Eric Eisen, and you want me to just get in the ring and fight?"[/COLOR] Cattley paced back and forth in the aisle. [COLOR="Navy"]"---- you, Arachnid. The only thing I have left in the world is this title. I gave up everything and gambled on Elite because I saw a future for myself as part of something incredible. Eric Eisen had me believing that there was a position at the top table for me. That once I showed my true allegiances and eliminated this poxy, pretentious, deluded company I'd be elevated to the pantheon in New York. You killed that - you and everyone else who's been holding onto my coattails for the last nine years. I made this company, and destroying it would have shown that I was ready to move on, to be a part of something truly globe-spanning, something that would bring me the rewards that I was due. "Now I have nothing. Nothing but this title that says I'm the best around. You want to find out if you can compete with me, Arachnid? Fine. Ring the bell. But remember that what happens from this point on, you brought upon yourself."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"I don't think I've ever seen Cattley so worked up."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"Arachnid led the resistance to Elite, and he's earned his moment in the sun tonight, but maybe Jean Cattley's been pushed too far."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Arachnid's a great wrestler, though. Can't he handle Cattley?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"..."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"..."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"I don't think anyone can handle him, the mood he's in right now."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]"I wish we could make an announcement to the people here. For everyone watching at home... This isn't going to be one for the faint-hearted. Neither of these men know how to give up, and neither of them is going to miss any chance to beat the other - whatever the cost."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]"This is going to be brutal."[/COLOR] * [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWWorld.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KidArachnid.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/vs.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MeanJeanCattley_alt2.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kid Arachnid vs. Jean Cattley (c)[/B] [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR][/CENTER] It took fully two minutes for the two rivals to lock up. They stared at each other as the crowd grew quiet at first, anticipating an explosion and then, as the tension mounted, as each slight movement on the part of either man seemed to be a sign of attack, the crowd gave voice to the kind of roar that comes from six months of anticipation. Six months of wanting the traitor to get his. Six months of seeing the most respected and beloved wrestler the company has ever known taunting them over his superiority. Six months of wondering if, maybe, he was as good as he claimed. Tonight there would be an answer. Cattley struck first, Arachnid a split second behind but landing the second and third blow, and then it was big, swinging haymakers being exchanged so fast that it was just impossible to tell who’d landed more – at least, until Arachnid began to flag. Cattley pressed home his advantage, moving in close and landing short, sharp right hooks again and again to Arachnid’s jaw, driving the masked man to his knees, to his hands and knees, to the mat. Cattley at last broke off the assault, his chest heaving, his knuckles split and bloodied, a small but slowly growing red stain beneath Arachnid’s mouth as he lay unmoving, his eyes unfocused. Cattley stared at his injured hand for a long moment, before stamping as hard as he could on Arachnid’s head. Dropping to his knees, he grabbed the back of the mask and hauled Arachnid’s face level with his own. [COLOR="Navy"]“You see? This is what you get when you ---- with me!”[/COLOR] Arachnid’s answer was a mouthful of blood, spat all over Cattley’s face. The World champion recoiled, letting Arachnid drop to the mat. He caught himself on his hands, and pushed himself into a seated position. He was swaying slightly, but grabbed the ropes and stood easily enough, a little shaky, but a fire in his eyes that showed there was a long way to go yet. Cattley wiped his eyes clean and turned into a clothesline that spun him inside out. He sprang upright before Arachnid could capitalise, however, and met a second attempt with an armdrag. Arachnid’s momentum carried him across the mat and out to the arena floor, but he couldn’t catch a breath as Cattley followed him in spectacular fashion, diving through the ropes and sending both men crashing into the crowd barrier as the crowd gasped. [COLOR="Purple"]“Arachnid’s never faced anything like this.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I see what you mean.”[/COLOR] Cattley was the first man upright, clutching at his shoulder as he rose, wrenching it with a grimace that turned into a pained bellow as he straightened it out. [COLOR="Green"]“Did he just...”[/COLOR] I didn’t have time to finish as Arachnid was on his feet, firing punches into Cattley’s gut and landing a savate kick that sent the champion down. Arachnid was in no mood to show mercy either as he charged Cattley, sandwiching him against the ring post before grabbing his hair as he staggered forward and slamming the back of his head into the ring steps. [COLOR="Green"]“I probably don’t need to say this, but there’ll be no disqualifications or countouts in this match.”[/COLOR] Cattley lay motionless as Arachnid paused to catch his breath. He wiped the blood from his mouth, leaving a bloody smear on the ring apron as he used it to dry his hands. He grabbed Cattley and hauled him upright before shoving him into the ring. A cover yielded two, Cattley just lifting a shoulder in time, before immediately dropping back to the mat. Arachnid looked nonplussed for a moment, before trying to wrap Cattley into the Antidote Web. Cattley, though, blocked the hold, raising his head to reveal a vivid red imprint on the mat beneath. [COLOR="Blue"]“Oh, oh gross.”[/COLOR] Slowly Cattley’s features contorted into a ferocious snarl as he used his one free hand to deliver a series of jabs to Arachnid’s mouth, eventually forcing the masked man to release the hold. He rolled free and rose to his feet, stopping to touch the back of his head. His fingers came away bloody, and if anything his scowl grew still more fierce as he closed in on Arachnid, lashing out with a boot aimed at Arachnid’s head that the challenger only just avoided. The two men circled one another, flicking out speculative strikes as they gathered their breath and their wits. What happened next was somewhat unexpected as they entered into a chain-wrestling sequence every bit the equal of that put forward by Newton and Glenn earlier. [COLOR="Green"]“At heart, these men are exceptionally gifted wrestlers – it’s just today they’re beating each other bloody.”[/COLOR] After several minutes, the result was stalemate as they separated, neither man having been able to gain the advantage, or lock in a submission hold that could hve ended the match. Arachnid spun away, and Cattley sprang forward, trying to seize the advantage. But Arachnid turned just in time avoid the charge, sending Cattley into the ropes. As he bounced back Arachnid met him with a high dropkick that snapped Cattley’s head back and dropped him to the mat, his skull bouncing off the canvas as he landed. Arachnid hesitated, seeing Cattley unmoving. He made the cover, but Cattley again raised a shoulder at the last instant. Arachnid looked askance of the heavens, a mistake that let Cattley roll him up smartly for two, and even when Arachnid kicked out, Cattley was able to plant an elbow hard into his throat. [COLOR="Purple"]“Every situation and every angle, Cattley knows every way to hurt you.”[/COLOR] Arachnid bailed out of the ring, coughing and retching. Cattley followed, noticeably slow in his movements, but still faster than his opponent. He grabbed Arachnid by the back of the mask and pitched him face first into the ring steps. Arachnid lay atop the steel steps and Cattley followed in with a curb stomp that Arachnid barely avoided, lest the match and possibly his career ended there and then. Cattley was in his element. Wounded, but less so than Arachnid, he delivered three hard punches to the jaw before shoving Arachnid back into the ring. Inside, he climbed to the second rope and leapt off with an elbow drop that did more damage to Arachnid’s mouth, and as Cattley rose to his feet he put one foot on Arachnid’s face, grinding it into the mouth as he glared down at him, a disturbing look in his eyes. [COLOR="Green"]“Youngman lost it earlier. That’s understandable in a way. Cattley...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“He’s got Arachnid at his mercy. He’s beaten him, and now he’s rubbing it in, and he enjoys it.”[/COLOR] Once again Cattley dropped to his knees, his face mere inches from Arachnid’s. [COLOR="Navy"]“It doesn’t matter how badly you hurt me. I always find a way. You can’t beat me!”[/COLOR] Cattley lifted the challenger off the mat, and tried to set him up for the Mood Swing, but Arachnid sagged in his arms, his legs not taking his own weight. Cattley sneered and shoved the masked man into a corner. He charged in with a clothesline, and followed it with a second. Dragging Arachnid out of the corner, he tried a second time for the Mood Swing, but this time Arachnid shoved him into the corner. Seemingly gathering his second wind, Arachnid pointed imperiously at a shocked Cattley. The champion charged out of the corner, but Arachnid took his legs away with a drop toe hold. Cattley hit the mat hard, but Arachnid dragged him upright, seeking a DDT, only to be shoved away and into a corner by Cattley. Before Cattley could capitalise, however, Arachnid charged out and tried to nail the champion with a clothesline. Cattley instead grabbed Arachnid’s arm and swung him around, sending back into the corner and following in with a clothesline of his own. He tried a second time, but this time ate a mouthful of Arachnid’s boot. He staggered backward as Arachnid sagged in the ropes, blood once more dripping from his mouth. Cattley charged a third time but Arachnid pushed himself upright, swing an elbow up and catching Cattley under the jaw. Cattley stumbled back, a half-turn leaving his back to Arachnid. The masked man grabbed the champion and lifted him into the air, toppling back and cracking the back of his head into the top turnbuckle. Arachnid dropped to his hands and knees, spent. Cattley took one, two steps out of the corner, before collapsing forward to the mat. [COLOR="Green"]“An [I]inverted[/I] Standing Hotshot? That seemed awfully familiar...”[/COLOR] Arachnid rose once more, as much supported on the ropes as by his legs. He dragged himself along the length of Cattley’s unmoving body, poking at one outstretched arm with the toe of his boot. Cattley stirred. [COLOR="Purple"]“How can anyone, even Jean Cattley, have anything left in him?”[/COLOR] In truth, it seemed there wasn’t much left. Arachnid watched as Cattley achingly rose onto all fours and then, by inches, sat back onto his haunches. He tried to raise his arms, but couldn’t. If he tried to stand, it didn’t even show. All he could do was turn his baleful, hate-filled glare on Arachnid. His face slick with his own blood, his lips contorted into an unrepentant snarl as Arachnid stared back at him, his own expression almost sorrowful as he pushed off the ropes, grabbed Cattley’s head and threw himself backwards as the crowd roared. [COLOR="Green"]“Rip Chord DDT!”[/COLOR] With that, the match was over. Winner: Kid Arachnid (B+) * Arachnid slumped to the mat, utterly exhausted. The crowd roared as the World title belt was draped across his heaving chest. The EMTs were the first to hit the ring, Cattley getting the most attention but one or two trying to tend to Arachnid, only to be shooed away as the masked man pushed himself upright, every movement betraying an aching body. He tried to wipe his mouth, only to realise that the tape around his wrists was already stained red. One by one Arachnid's allies entered the ring: The members of The Firm, Brandon Smith, Phoenix, Fumihiro Ota, Alex DeColt, myself, Rip, Swoop McCarthy, Harry Allen and others all joined the new World champion, shaking his hand or embracing him. Last to enter the ring was Jay Chord, who clapped Arachnid briefly, but whose gaze was fixed firmly on the World title belt. At last, Smith and Swoop hoisted Arachnid into the air on their shoulders as he wearily held one arm aloft, the title belt draped across his lap as the crowd made their approval clear. Lowered to the mat, Arachnid took a mic. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"We said we'd do it,"[/COLOR] he began, his voice lacking its usual heavy accent. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"We said we'd do it, and we have. No more invasions, no more outside threats. It's time to get back to doing what MAW has done best since it was created by this man here."[/COLOR] Arachnid held out a hand to Rip, and the two shook warmly. Rip made to let go, but Arachnid held firm. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"A lot of you have speculated who I am. You know I've been here in MAW before. You know I've been a champion here before. "If you've figured it out, you might know that I have a history of getting screwed over by Rip..."[/COLOR] Rip stared into Arachnid's eyes, realisation dawning. Arachnid's voice grew cold. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"And when word filtered through the grapevine that MAW needed help, that this company was in danger... Well, I have to admit that a part of me was sorely tempted to come back here and do my bit to screw Rip Chord like he screwed me. And tonight Jay's come back as well."[/COLOR] He turned to look at Jay, who was looking at him intently, his expression giving nothing away. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"It almost seems too perfect."[/COLOR] He let go of Rip and brought his hand up in one swift movement. Rip jumped back, stumbling and nearly falling as Arachnid, rather than strike him, reached behind his head and undid his mask. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"But hey, I'm standing here, the World champion, the saviour of MAW. I think I can afford to let bygones be bygones. Besides, last time I was here I was told that I'd done a lot for this company."[/COLOR] Arachnid's voice was now bright and breezy as he smiled at the assembled crowd. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Not half as much as this company did for me, I have to say. I'm a big name because I showed what I could do in MAW, and that got me noticed higher up the food chain. "Coming back to MAW, though, was like coming home. I may not have been the nicest guy around last time, but I knew I had to do everything and anything to keep hold of this title. That's what it means to be to be the best, and in this company being the best means a lot."[/COLOR] His tone of voice shifted once more to a more sombre note. [COLOR="SlateGray"]"Who am I? I'm a former All Action champion... And the former and current MAW champion. My name..."[/COLOR] He pulled off his mask and the crowd roar reached a peak. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/AaronAndrews.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="DarkRed"]"...is [B]Aaron Andrews.[/B] And I'm back in MAW!"[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Blue"]"MAW! MAW! MAW! MAW!"[/COLOR][/B] [B]Overall: B-[/B]

Archived