1996 Mod for 2008 Coming Soon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another update because they help keep me motivated for some unknown reason. Angles ... adding a few, mainly various different styles of interviews and promos which I like to have as many variations of as possible. Also adding a few angles which are based on events of this era or which may form part of storylines when I get around to doing them for the final version. Alter egos .... Gosh darnit are there more than I was counting on. Seriously, is there a Samoan who hasn't worked under at least five names? I'm up to around 400 alter egos in total now and I am generally excluding the short lived ones or the ones which occured in the distant past or future. Also I am trying to exclude all non-essential lucha alter egos because there would be over a thousand of them. But for the lucha guys who changed their name and then became famous since 1996 I'm generally including those alter egos. Most of my alter egos are just name and gimmick changes without significantly different bios but it should add something to the game. Promotions ... I've been tinkering with the idea of adding more "yet to open" indy promotions but so far I have not really been happy with how most turn out. Even adding them as local sized and the owners finances set to mean they tend to hire way more top shelf talent than I would like. I've even tried bumping everyone's overness up across the board since I thought I must have been underrating people but yeah .... the game continues to resist my attempts to manipulate it in this way. Release date still looks like being early December.

I think the problem with the yet-to-open promotions lies in the fact that they want to have the best talent possible, and with the wrestling industry the way it is, having so many "name" free agents at any given time... it will be damn near impossible to accurately simulate the opening of these promotions in the game, due to the lack of top promotions, and the abundance of big name talents. That said, I'm sure you'll figure something out... and I can't wait to get into this.

Look for the (still somewhat incomplete) beta to be out in the next few days. Yes, it will be missing a few things but I feel I have to get the beta out and let people see the work I have done and hopefully it will inspire a few more people to get on board and help me polish this mod for the final release. Seriously, I am just one man. Just to let you guys know what to expect (this should be the last of my rambling updates before the release) ... I'm pretty darn happy with most of the workers and promotions as I did put an insane amount of effort into researching it all. Won't be perfect, but it's solid as all hell even if I do say so myself. I've tried to update all TV networks to operate accurately within the game world and added the dates they open etc but being Australian I may be a bit off with some overseas networks size and details. Locations are still a bit limited in some areas but are more than adequate to play the game and there are no generic venues (eg. North West - very small). All venues are era specific (no more running shows in 1996 in arenas not built until 2002). Title history is not done at all. Nothing. TNAfever? Did you even get my email? :confused: Alter egos are plentiful but fairly basic. Tag Teams are a bit limited but most of the major ones should be in there. Worker relationships should include the major ones but could still be padded out a bit, most of the ones included are blood relations rather than loads of friendships. Still adding a few more match types, they are pretty limited at the moment but include a few matches that are personal favourites of mine from this period. Angles are still a bit limited, trying to include more styles of interviews but of course I will be open to suggestions of what types of angles people want to see after the beta is released. Storylines are not done yet but will be included for the final version. I've been researching some major feuds of the era but would like to get a few of the lesser feuds included as well because not every feud needs to be as epic as Austin/McMahon or Dreamer/Raven. Worker pics - won't be included with beta, Justtxyank and myself have made a bunch, but there are many more that need to be done that I will either do myself or hopefully get some help with after the beta is out. Overall I am reasonably happy with this mod and hope you guys will enjoy the beta. I know there is still a lot to be added before the final version is released, but obviously how much is actually added depends on the response. If people like it and want to help out, more will be done. If people think this mod sucks and can't see past the few missing details then I probably won't bother going to a huge amount of effort to add all the missing details.

Woohoo!!!! When I get this, I may to turn man-love just for you!! ;) After I have had a run through with it for a while, I will see if I can help out at all. Can't promise anything though but we will see when the time comes. Cheers

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;533743] Title history is not done at all. Nothing. TNAfever? Did you even get my email? :confused: [/QUOTE] don't panic! :o I'm doing it, as promise ; WWF/WCW/AJPW/AJW/BCW done for now CMLL & ECW completed today hopefully the whole file might be finished within the week

Archived