1996 Mod for 2008 Coming Soon

1st Jan start date is cool, I didn't realise you could now set the contract expiry date to allow Nash and Hall to be poached. Really excited by this mod, can't wait to play it with my mate who also loves this game and have our own Monday night war. Don't know if this is any help but I do a lot of proof reading at work so if you want someone to check biographys and things for spelling mistakes etc just let me know

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pictures I need help with are as follows. I need original pics preferably, but I'll take pre-cut Kykys considering how hard these have been to find. Remember that this for 1996. WCW Chris Cruise Mark Starr ECW Pablo Marquez Tony Stetson USWA Dave Brown ECWA Devon Storm Inferno Kid APW Joe Applebaumer Max Marquez Mike Diamond (Maxx Justice) Robert Thompson Ron Hed Unemployed David Sammartino Bobby Fulton David Penzer Dennis Stamp Homicide (young) Kevin Kelly Mass Transit (Eric Kulas) Steve Martin (announcer) Tommy Gilbert Canadians Bruiser Bedlam Mike Lozansky UK Workers Dirtbike Kid Doc Dean AJPW Motoko Baba Norihiro Yamamoto Shuichi Nishinaga M-Pro Ted Tanabe FMW J Taro IWA Japan Keisuke Yamada Tatsukuni Asano NJPW Kazuo Yamazaki Kotetsu Yamamoto Kuniaki Kobayashi Masao Tayama Norio Honaga Satoshi Kojima Seiji Sakaguchi Tiger Hattori Yoshiaki Fujiwara Yoshinori Tsuji Wrestle Association R Hiroyuki Unno Koji Kitao Masaaki Mochizuki Masao Orihara Naoki Sano Yuji Yasuraoka Big Japan Yosuke Kobayashi (Abdullah Kobayashi) Crusher Takahashi Eiji Tosaka Mitsunobu Kikuzwa (later ebessan, pics as both if possible) Seiji Yamakawa (later Ryuji Yamakawa) Satoru Shiga (later Shadow WX) Shinya Kojika Yuichi Taniguchi

Thanks WCWMark, I am sure some typos and mistakes would have gotten through when writing those 1000+ bios. And of course thanks again to justtxyank and his mysterious amigo who put the hard work in on making the title screen. An update of my progress on this mod, I believe the beta is still a week to two weeks away so pretty much going on schedule at this point. I'm not going to set a solid release date yet as I will still have a lot of testing to do once I finish entering all the data.

[QUOTE=R0CKSTAR;445955]This mod will rock balls. Heavy balls.[/QUOTE] Seconded. I absolutely love the early start date.. screw Hall and Nash, I'm going to run a WCW game without the friggin' NWO.. keep WCW pure, classic and without every WWF cast off that Vince is tired of. Sting and The Nature Boy will be the letter of the day in my WCW, baby. I'm such a WCW nerd, I swear. '96 was the year I really became a fan and watched Nitro and Thunder religiously until the day they went off the air.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;446258]watched Nitro and Thunder religiously until the day they went off the air.[/QUOTE] Seconded. I even went to a Thunder when it was in Houston. Talk about a B show. LOL What an awful card :( Thunder got so bad it hurt me to watch, but I did anyway. Edit: Anymore comments on the title screen?

[QUOTE=troy10;445140]Not true actually Hamster, I believe Adam mentioned somewhere that even people at or past there prime should still have true potentials. Even now someone like The Rock should have "Excellent" but once he reaches or is already at his peak age, it will not change. So I am pretty sure that means that 1996 Sexton Hardcastle and 2008 Edge would have the same potential.[/QUOTE] I don't think I've ever said that? :confused: Potential is only relevant to workers who are still in a position to develop, so in your example Sexton Hardcastle would have high potential, Edge wouldn't have any (or rather whatever you give him wouldn't really be of any relevance, so it could be set to anything really).

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;446268]I don't think I've ever said that? :confused: Potential is only relevant to workers who are still in a position to develop, so in your example Sexton Hardcastle would have high potential, Edge wouldn't have any (or rather whatever you give him wouldn't really be of any relevance, so it could be set to anything really).[/QUOTE] Ah ha! So the hamster got it right after all? [IMG]http://www.mrtandme.com/images/gallery/large/hamster1.jpg[/IMG]

Phew .... My computer attempted to die on me today, claiming that my hard drive could not be found, then things only got weirder from there. Seeing as how I'd been lazy with backing up my data (including this mod) I was damn scared I was going to lose it all. But .... crisis averted, several hours of screwing around and hoping for the best seems to have worked and the data is being backed up and this mod did not die a horrible death when 90-95% complete. God I hate it when things like that happen.

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;447393]Phew .... My computer attempted to die on me today, claiming that my hard drive could not be found, then things only got weirder from there. Seeing as how I'd been lazy with backing up my data (including this mod) I was damn scared I was going to lose it all. But .... crisis averted, several hours of screwing around and hoping for the best seems to have worked and the data is being backed up and this mod did not die a horrible death when 90-95% complete. God I hate it when things like that happen.[/QUOTE] :eek: That would've been disastrous! Does justtxyank not have a copy of the data that he's beta testing?

Nope, justtxyank is mostly making pictures but not beta testing yet so ... yeah, came pretty close to losing the lot. Think I backed up some data several months ago but I would have lost a lot of work. But it's all good now and things are running on schedule. On a sidenote just to make clear my commitment to excellence ... I'm trying to make even locations and TV stations era specific which is not easy. If anyone wants a particular wrestling venue included in this mod that was definately around in 1996 then let me know, even if it's just a local town hall or something. Especially eager for venus in Europe, UK and New Zealand. You guys have no idea how many things were built in 97.

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;447946]Ah I forgot I sent you some of my early data. Yes, I did end up combining all of that data. And what to you looked like confusion was a highly sophisticated method of organising data by region I will have you know! :D[/QUOTE] Heh, I wouldnt mind taking a look at it again sometime, I dont think I've seen it since the TEW 07 incarnation

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;447950]Soon my friend, it's come a long way since then but still a bit more to add in most areas.[/QUOTE] Oh ok, its a beta your releasing in the next few weeks, I misread the main page. I was going to say, I have some competition in speed modding. :o But yeah Im looking forward to it.

Yeah speed modding is not my strong suit. I prefer to just work away at my own speed. A question for people in the US about television. Syndication, how do I deal with it as I believe WWF Superstars was a syndicated show in the US at this time. Being Australian I don't understand the whole system you guys got going but would it be best to just create a few generic syndicated networks or is there a more accurate way of doing this? Any help appreciated.

I think most mod makers do in fact create a few small networks labeled "Syndication Small/Medium/Large" etc., but I don't know how important it is. Superstars ran on a primary network yes? I can't remember Superstars very much, but wasn't it Saturday on USA? If so, I'd leave it just like that without any US Syndication, but that's just my opinion. I haven't fully fleshed out 08, but in 07 you couldn't get a syndication TV deal to broadcast a show that you already had on one network in the same region. Therefore, why start the game with it?

All I can find out from research is that Superstars moved to USA Network later in 96. I could put it there a tad early, or create a syndication network for it. Not sure which would work better as I haven't had the chance to fully test the TV system for '08 yet (and never had the best understanding of it in '07 to be honest) but I'll try to figure out which makes more sense.

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;449404]All I can find out from research is that Superstars moved to USA Network later in 96. I could put it there a tad early, or create a syndication network for it. Not sure which would work better as I haven't had the chance to fully test the TV system for '08 yet (and never had the best understanding of it in '07 to be honest) but I'll try to figure out which makes more sense.[/QUOTE] Yeah I don't know much yet about 08. I'm running a few games right now with the 91 mod and MA to try and learn some things. One thing I can say, worker stats should probably be slightly higher this year than last. Getting good matches is much more difficult imo. I just ran Starrcade 97 with the Montreal data and Ric Flair vs Curt Hennig got a C+ with good chemistry, Hollywood Hogan vs Sting got a B-, Scott Hall vs DDP got a C+, etc.

[QUOTE=BurningHamster;449411]Yeah, I found getting good quality matches a bit tricky at times. I'm not sure how much of that is stats and how much is getting the product right yet.[/QUOTE] I think product is a lot of it. I've been tweaking product and stuff myself to understand this stuff so I can be a better beta tester for you if need be.

i think for your matches to get good grades your workers need to fit the style of product i.e brawlers/enterntainment technical/traditional flyers/lucha etc....your top stars need to be good brawlers in wwf wcw ecw wwe etc. use the cornellverse as a base for your promotions.. so if you want sports entertainment copy SWF's product settings... look at the top stars stats and pretty much copy them too... so for instance vengeance has C for rumble E for technical E for flying B- for entertainment so i would use his stats as a base for kane/mankind/undertaker/stone cold etc. jack bruce has C+ rumble skill C+ technical skill C- flying skill A entertainment skill i would use him as a base for the rock/triple h/chris jericho etc.

Archived