GDS Fantasy Football League 2008

mjdgoldeneye

[IMG]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2372/shieldpb1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="6"]GDSFFL 2008 Season[/SIZE][/B] It's early, but it's never [I]too[/I] early for fantasy football! About a dozen of you participated last year, and this year the league is coming back. Everyone who played last year will be invited back in a few minutes, so if you want to join up, go ahead. [B][U]Changes/Updates Worth Noting:[/U][/B] Last year we had 12 teams, and that's what I aim for this year too. However, I will allow 14 total teams. Playoffs will be weeks 15 and 16 this year as opposed to 16/17. That will avoid last game slacking having an effect on the championship. Trade deadline is November 14th. [B][U]League Settings:[/U][/B] [B]Rosters:[/B] 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 RB/WR Flex 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF/ST 6 Bench [B]Draft Date:[/B] The draft date will be scheduled after the league members are finalized. I have it set for Sat., August 2nd, 2 PM EST now, but that'll change (most likely). I want to have the draft this year before preseason starts to make us have to think more about who we think will be booms and busts. But, if that's not agreed upon, we can move the date to whenever [B]Owners (14/14):[/B] mjdgoldeneye jbergey_2005 theoutlaw321 nZane masterded i effin rule Wallbanger machinesxe Franchise22 GardnerFTW Imarevenant Crychon Astil Eisen-Verse ----- If you're not already a member of the league, just post that you'd like to join, and if there are spots left after everyone from last years signs up doesn't, you'll be invited!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's early, but if you're sure you're not going to be around for certain days in late July/early August, feel free to post that! I want to draft on a weekend, but I'll be around for most of the day all week. I'd also like to have the draft started before 4 PM, hopefully 1 or 2 PM (EST), If you have any preferences, speak up. I'd hold an offline draft like last year, but that took forever! Hopefully this sport/year I won't get screwed by java... :rolleyes:

So far we have 7. I'll give the players from last year until the end of June to join or contact me about joining before I let the new ones in. Mach, if you want to join, either find your Yahoo! name or make a new one. I don't have it anymore! (The e-mails were sent automatically). I can't invite you without it... [B] EDIT:[/B] I want input from everyone on this (waiting list people as well): Should we keep the rosters the same or go with individual defensive players? I'd change the other positions around as seen below. It would add more strategy to the league, but rosters size would be 20! 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 1 K 2 D Line 2 D Backs 1 D Flex 8 Bench

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;445996]I know it's early, but if you're sure you're not going to be around for certain days in late July/early August, feel free to post that! I want to draft on a weekend, but I'll be around for most of the day all week. I'd also like to have the draft started before 4 PM, hopefully 1 or 2 PM (EST), If you have any preferences, speak up. I'd hold an offline draft like last year, but that took forever! Hopefully this sport/year I won't get screwed by java... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] 12 or 1(EST) would be what I want so I can draft live before work (due to the firewall at work I couldn't do at work)

Based on your input we'll just use Team Defense/Special Teams units this year and not IDP's. I'd like to say that if we get 14 managers, I suggest we change the rosters around a bit to be: 1 QB 2 WR 1 RB 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF/ST 6 Bench With 14 managers, at the original settings, there would potentially be 42 RB's and 42 WR's in total active (2 starting and 1 benched on each of 14 teams). That means we'd be pretty deep into back-up RB's! Taking out a RB and the flex makes this more balanced. Also, after doing some obvious math, I will now invite the current waiting list... Even if all of our managers from last year sign up, that leaves 2 spots open, and we have 2 people waiting!

[QUOTE=GardnerFTW;448195]I'd definitely be up for joining if there is any space still available.[/QUOTE] I presume you are "Suit Up"? If anyone new joins (or if anyone changes their team name) post here so I know who you are. Also, should we consider having 6 playoff teams (and 3 playoff weeks) instead of 4 (and 2 weeks)? I think it might be unfair in a potentially close league to only allow 4 of 14 into the bracket. Also, if we allow 6 teams, should the playoffs be week 14-15-16 or 15-16-17?

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;448331]I presume you are "Suit Up"? If anyone new joins (or if anyone changes their team name) post here so I know who you are. Also, should we consider having 6 playoff teams (and 3 playoff weeks) instead of 4 (and 2 weeks)? I think it might be unfair in a potentially close league to only allow 4 of 14 into the bracket. Also, if we allow 6 teams, should the playoffs be week 14-15-16 or 15-16-17?[/QUOTE] Week 17 is always a crap shoot. Too many players resting for the playoffs. IMO

I would be interested as long as it is not going to be like the GDS Fantasy Baseball game and everyone quits after I dominate and they realize they can not beat me. And I am just mentioning this since I notice many of the people in the baseball league are signing up for this.

Archived