GDS Fantasy Football League 2008

mjdgoldeneye

[quote=DocStevens;448555]I would be interested as long as it is not going to be like the GDS Fantasy Baseball game and everyone quits after I dominate and they realize they can not beat me. And I am just mentioning this since I notice many of the people in the baseball league are signing up for this.[/quote] For me at least, and I've said this before, the ESPN baseball interface is so kludgy that it's nearly impossible to use properly, on top of which the fact that the whole lineup locks every day after the first afternoon game pitch means I can never set lineups when it's convenient for me. And I'll admit that baseball is probably fourth or fifth in my sports-following priorities, so that contributes to it as well. Part of me wants you in the league just so you can eat crow for the smack above -- this was an active, competetive league last year. The rest of me doesn't want your attitude in what was a fun, friendly league last year.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=DocStevens;448555]I would be interested as long as it is not going to be like the GDS Fantasy Baseball game and everyone quits after I dominate and they realize they can not beat me. And I am just mentioning this since I notice many of the people in the baseball league are signing up for this.[/QUOTE]I'm tired, strapped for time, and a bit irritated at the moment so I'll put this as bluntly as possible: if Doc is in, I'm out. Blindly accusing me of cheating in the baseball league (which I'm still very much active in, by the way) and then failing to follow up on ANY correspondence is just a ****ty move in my book, and I don't have the time to waste on ****ty people.

Disregarding everyone else's posts, Doc, your post alone tells me that it would be a bad idea to invite you. If anyone wants to participate in this league, they're going to have to be civil, friendly, and a good sport. You've pretty much proved you're none of the above... If you take that as us being intimidated or some bizarre crap, power to you!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;448331]I presume you are "Suit Up"? If anyone new joins (or if anyone changes their team name) post here so I know who you are. Also, should we consider having 6 playoff teams (and 3 playoff weeks) instead of 4 (and 2 weeks)? I think it might be unfair in a potentially close league to only allow 4 of 14 into the bracket. Also, if we allow 6 teams, should the playoffs be week 14-15-16 or 15-16-17?[/QUOTE] avoid week 17!!! bad for fantasy almost in any case!

The playoffs are set for 6 teams, 3 weeks (14, 15, 16). As you become aware of any plans or the lack thereof, can I ask that you all send me a list of days you will/will not be available from around July 19th-August 3rd? That's the most favorable drafting period, IMO. I doubt we'll find a day when all 14 managers will be able to draft, but I want to find a day during which most of us can be around. Also, any particular time period that will work well for you guys? I suggest earlier than 3 for sure... One thing I hate with a passion about Yahoo's pre-draft rankings system is that you can't choose when to draft each position. Nearly everywhere else that I have played, you choose when each position gets drafted, and the computer takes the highest ranked player in that position remaining. At Yahoo, it'll draft you 5 RB's in a row if that's how your rankings fall... :mad:

It's not July 10th, but I don't see any more sign-ups coming and 12 is the perfect #, I I'll freeze it here. We could keep our settings and not have universally disappointing rosters that way! :D Now is [B][SIZE="5"]DATE SETTING TIME:[/SIZE][/B] Below is a list of dates. Remove any dates you'll be unavailable, and we'll cut it down by elimination... July 21st July 22nd July 23rd July 24th July 25th July 26th - Draft must be before 3 PM EST to accommodate one manager July 27th - Draft must be before 3 PM EST to accommodate one manager July 28th - One Manager Unavailable July 29th - One Manager Unavailable July 30th - One Manager Unavailable July 31st - One Manager Unavailable August 1st - One Manager Unavailable August 2nd August 3rd I'll be away from the 5th of August for about a week, so I want at least a day for me to be around and correct any possible errors in the league. Most dates prior to July 21st are unavailable, probably full from having lots of people set to draft those days, I'm guessing.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;454703]Will be gone the 28th through the 1st, so I'll most likely miss the draft, no biggie though.[/QUOTE] I'm asking when people will be away so the smallest amount of people miss the draft. I'll just edit the list above to have those dates marked...

I'll bump this. Whether you have a problem with the date or not, I'd appreciate a response. I want to see who we should be expecting on draft day... It's still a little more than 2 weeks away, so you guys may not know if you'll be around, so no problem if that's the case. :D

What site y'all using? I might be in if you're using someone decent. But if it's Yahoo forget it. Tried to do a league there as a last minute stand-in as a favor to my usual commish. Supposedly all site charges where supposed to have been covered for me. I couldn't change my line-up after Week 2 because of Yahoo grousing at me about not having paid for the privilege. Will never play fantasy through them ever again.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;458847]What site y'all using? I might be in if you're using someone decent. But if it's Yahoo forget it. Tried to do a league there as a last minute stand-in as a favor to my usual commish. Supposedly all site charges where supposed to have been covered for me. I couldn't change my line-up after Week 2 because of Yahoo grousing at me about not having paid for the privilege. Will never play fantasy through them ever again.[/QUOTE] We use Yahoo, but it's a free league, so no worries there. I never had a problem with them. (Less complicated than ESPN and more in-depth than NFL.com...) Actually, my only problem is that Java hates me and caused me to erroneously take like 37 guards in a row during the basketball draft on Yahoo... Not Yahoo's fault though, really... :( If you join, we'll need another player, but if we can't get another GDSer, I've got us covered. I'll bring in my friend who plays in all of the other GDS fantasy sports...

Archived