GDS Fantasy Football League 2008

mjdgoldeneye

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;455310]How about July 26th at noon (EST)? I believe that's a Saturday... Is that too early for any west-coast guys we have on here?[/QUOTE]Turns out I'm actually going to be out of town Friday through Sunday of this weekend, but I can always set my rankings ahead of time. No huge deal.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;458850]We use Yahoo, but it's a free league, so no worries there. I never had a problem with them. (Less complicated than ESPN and more in-depth than NFL.com...) [/QUOTE] Then I'm out. Don't trust Yahoo for this further than I could shot put my computer. They made a horrible impression on me that time I tried to help Jeff and his boy out. Fool me once, Yahoo, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;458841]I'll bump this. Whether you have a problem with the date or not, I'd appreciate a response. I want to see who we should be expecting on draft day... It's still a little more than 2 weeks away, so you guys may not know if you'll be around, so no problem if that's the case. :D[/QUOTE] i wont be able to make the draft, i have to work. how do i rank players for auto draft? or does it just draft best available?

[QUOTE=nZane;458977]Turns out I'm actually going to be out of town Friday through Sunday of this weekend, but I can always set my rankings ahead of time. No huge deal.[/QUOTE] THIS weekend? The draft is set for July 26th, and this weekend is like the 12th and 13th... [QUOTE=cappyboy;459049]Then I'm out. Don't trust Yahoo for this further than I could shot put my computer. They made a horrible impression on me that time I tried to help Jeff and his boy out. Fool me once, Yahoo, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.[/QUOTE] But, your problem involved payment correct? Our league is a free league, and, therefore, no issue whatsoever! That's like not visiting a city again because the last time your hotel sucked... --- I think I may change the date... If we have 1/4 or more of the managers out, the draft will turn to crap, no doubt. It's ok to have 1 or 2 managers taking the highest ranked remaining player, but when you have 4+ teams that auto-draft nothing but B's and QB's for 8 rounds straight, bad things happen. [B]nZane:[/B] Can you clarify if you mean the weekend of the draft? [B]Everyone Else:[/B] If you haven't already, don't forget to tell me if you'll be available. I want to know who WILL be around too...

[B]Currently Listed as Available[/B] mjdgoldeneye Wallbanger (for the 26th at least) i effin rule masterded (early on the 26th, seemingly whenever on the 25th) Crychon (weekends, evenings) Machinesxe (Saturday) [B]Currently Listed as Unavailable[/B] nZane (on the 26th) Franchise22 (on the 26th) Imarevenant (on the 26th) [B]No Response[/B] jbergey_2005 theoutlaw321 GardnerFTW If you know you have work on Saturdays (who works on weekends? That's lame an unfortunate... Unless you make good money or only work a few days a week or something...) or know you normally don't do anything on Saturdays, at least a guess as to if you'll be here would be nice. I seem to be repeating myself on this a lot, but the draft is the most important part of a Fantasy League and I want to make absolutely sure we have the optimal date set for doing it. If only me and 'Banger show up, the league will look and play like crap...

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;459157][B]Currently Listed as Available[/B] mjdgoldeneye Wallbanger [B]Currently Listed as Unavailable[/B] nZane Franchise22 [B]No Response[/B] jbergey_2005 theoutlaw321 masterded i effin rule machinesxe GardnerFTW Imarevenant Crychon If you know you have work on Saturdays (who works on weekends? That's lame an unfortunate... Unless you make good money or only work a few days a week or something...) or know you normally don't do anything on Saturdays, at least a guess as to if you'll be here would be nice. I seem to be repeating myself on this a lot, but the draft is the most important part of a Fantasy League and I want to make absolutely sure we have the optimal date set for doing it. If only me and 'Banger show up, the league will look and play like crap...[/QUOTE] Weekends are tough for me, especially during the daytime. Not because of work or anything but I choose to spend that time with the kids and wife, since I'm at work all day during the week. EDIT:: just realized, the best I can do, is log on a half hour before the draft and stick some players in my queue. My youngest daughter has gymnastics class at 9 on Saturdays.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;459157][B]Currently Listed as Available[/B] mjdgoldeneye Wallbanger [B]Currently Listed as Unavailable[/B] nZane Franchise22 [B]No Response[/B] jbergey_2005 theoutlaw321 masterded i effin rule machinesxe GardnerFTW Imarevenant Crychon If you know you have work on Saturdays (who works on weekends? That's lame an unfortunate... Unless you make good money or only work a few days a week or something...) or know you normally don't do anything on Saturdays, at least a guess as to if you'll be here would be nice. I seem to be repeating myself on this a lot, but the draft is the most important part of a Fantasy League and I want to make absolutely sure we have the optimal date set for doing it. If only me and 'Banger show up, the league will look and play like crap...[/QUOTE] I work part time go to college but make decent money working for part time work. Go corporate security and anyone who goes to school for it is an idiot (I started when I was 19 with no experience) I am also on call during the summer and for 2nd shifts during the school year (though I have no classes Fridays ever so Thursday is my Friday and Friday is my Saturday. Now though all week is my weekend if I am not called being that it is summer. [QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;459221]Eh, things aren't looking to great for the 26th... How about the 25th? That's a Friday.[/QUOTE] Sounds good to me really any day works as long as if it is a weekend it is early enough before 2ct pm and anytime on weekday is fine with me.

[QUOTE=nZane;460804]AM or PM? ET or CT? C'mon, specifics are good! :p[/QUOTE] Well, quarter after midnight is kind of fiendish and I'm always EST. It seems some people have work early, so late, so let's just see which is less and I'll shift times accordingly. It's hard to accommodate 12 people (or more...)

Archived