Tag Team Tournament

MattitudeV2

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;446466]I don't think Demolition should be at the top...they were nothing more than a Road Warriors rip-off.[/QUOTE] Hard to deny their popularity and dominance though. Although I agree. I hated them. I put them there because I feel that's how history sees them.

I don't see where Demolition was that huge for a long period of time. They were only in the WWF for around 5 years. The Steiner Brothers and Harlem Heat were much more dominant. I don't how I forgot about The Steiners... My new top four seeds 1. Dudley Boyz/Team 3D 2. The Road Warriors 3. The Steiner Brothers 4. The Outsiders

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;446475]I don't see where Demolition was that huge for a long period of time. They were only in the WWF for around 5 years. The Steiner Brothers and Harlem Heat were much more dominant. I don't how I forgot about The Steiners... My new top four seeds 1. Dudley Boyz/Team 3D 2. The Road Warriors 3. The Steiner Brothers 4. The Outsiders[/QUOTE] I could dig this top four, but I definitely see the Road Warriors as number 1. No tag team has ever been the attraction they were. The Roadwarriors were main eventing cards for the NWA. Edit: I just changed my rankings. They probably aren't totally accurate, don't even necessarily reflect how I feel completely, but to put a list together quickly that is decent I think it's a pretty nice job.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;446477]I could dig this top four, but I definitely see the Road Warriors as number 1. No tag team has ever been the attraction they were. The Roadwarriors were main eventing cards for the NWA.[/QUOTE] And the AWA, and Japan, and......... And to think didn't they get their intial Jesus push due to a future clown's stupidity? lol

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;446482]And the AWA, and Japan, and......... [/QUOTE] And to clarify, I love the Warriors. They were great. I do think there were better in ring workers that don't get the due that they deserve here in the US, but I take nothing away from what they brought to the table. [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;446482]And to think didn't they get their intial Jesus push due to a future clown's stupidity? lol[/QUOTE] And this is in reference to memory. The push that they recieved [B]intially[/B] was first going to a tag team that consisted of one Matt Borne and some guy named Marty Lunde. Of course, I am old(right dj?) and sometimes my memory fails me.

Personally I think teams like The Rock and Sock Connection should be in the, play in matchup. As entertaining as Rock and Sock was, they were together as a tag team for what? 3 months? I don't think it's right for them to be ahead of actual tag teams; I mean they were only thrust together in the first place to battle Taker and the ministry right? It's not like they were there to further Tag Team Wrestling, they were their to further the Main Event storyline going on at the time. It just so happened that Foley and The Rock had fantastic chemistry and had fun with the unusual pairing. For them to be ahead of a team like say The Outlaws, it just doesn't feel right. Also noticed you have The Brothers of Destruction on there twice

Ok to restart or resume whatever way you look at it I'm going to let you guys(the fans) of this forum to pick the 64 teams 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64a. 64b. The teams I spot the most often will be the 65 in tournament,plzz do this and it will be appreciated.

1. The Road Warriors 2. The Dudley Boyz/Team 3D 3. Harlem Heat 4. The Steiner Brothers 5. Hardy Boyz 6. Faces of Fear 7. Edge and Christian 8. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard 9. Sting and Lex Luger 10. Strike Force 11. Demolition 12. La Resistance 13. Money Inc. 14. The Rockers 15. XXX 16. Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik 17. The Hart Foundation (Bret & Anvil) 18. Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart 19. The British Bulldogs 20. The Wild Samoans 21. The Fabulous Freebirds 22. The Rock and Roll Express 23. The Midnight Express 24. The APA 25. The Amazing French Canadians/Quebecers 26. America's Most Wanted 27. Lance Storm and William Regal 28. Big Show and Kane 29. Brothers of Destruction 30. The Smoking Gunns 31. Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. 32. The Blackjacks 33. The Body Donnas 34. The Brisco Brothers 35. Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko 36. Los Guerrero's 37. The New Age Outlaws 38. Diesel and Shawn Michaels 39. Doom 40. The Dream Team (Valentine and Beefcake) 41. The Eliminators 42. The Gangstas 43. Gedo & Jado 44. The Godwinns 45. The Headshrinkers 46. The Headhunters 47. The Hollywood Blondes 48. Morrison & The Miz 49. The Kings of Wrestling 50. The Nasty Boys 51. The Briscoe Brothers (Mark and Jay) 52. LAX 53. Lance Storm and William Regal 54. Ole and Arn Anderson 55. MNM 56. Motor City Machine Guns 57. The Pitbulls (ECW) 58. Public Enemy 59. Rated RKO 60. RVD and Sabu 61. The Super Powers (Rhodes and Koloff) 62. Team Angle 63. The Natural Disasters 64a. The Two Man Power Trip 64b. Rock n' Sock Connection These are in no kind of order with the exception of the play in match and the top 5

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;446614] 7. Edge and Christian 8. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard 9. Sting and Lex Luger 10. Strike Force 11. Demolition 12. La Resistance 13. Money Inc. 14. The Rockers 15. XXX 16. Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik 17. The Hart Foundation (Bret & Anvil) 18. Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart 19. The British Bulldogs 20. The Wild Samoans 21. The Fabulous Freebirds 22. The Rock and Roll Express 23. The Midnight Express 24. The APA 25. The Amazing French Canadians/Quebecers 26. America's Most Wanted 27. Impact Players 28. Big Show and Kane 29. Brothers of Destruction 30. The Smoking Gunns 31. Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. 32. The Blackjacks 33. The Body Donnas 34. The Brisco Brothers 35. Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko 36. Los Guerrero's 37. The New Age Outlaws 38. Diesel and Shawn Michaels 39. Doom 40. The Dream Team (Valentine and Beefcake) 41. The Eliminators 42. The Gangstas 43. Gedo & Jado 44. The Godwinns 45. The Headshrinkers 46. The Headhunters 47. The Hollywood Blondes 48. Morrison & The Miz 49. The Kings of Wrestling 50. The Nasty Boys 51. The Briscoe Brothers (Mark and Jay) 52. LAX 53. Lance Storm and William Regal 54. Ole and Arn Anderson 55. MNM 56. Motor City Machine Guns 57. The Pitbulls (ECW) 58. Public Enemy 59. Rated RKO 60. RVD and Sabu 61. The Super Powers (Rhodes and Koloff) 62. Team Angle 63. The Natural Disasters 64a. The Two Man Power Trip 64b. Rock n' Sock Connection These are in no kind of order with the exception of the play in match and the top 5[/QUOTE] There is some title reigns

#1 seeds 1. The Road Warriors 2. The Dudley Boyz/Team 3D 3. Harlem Heat 4. The Steiner Brothers #2 seeds Hardy Boyz The Rock N'Roll Express The Wild Samoans The Briscos #3 seeds The Midnight Express The Briscoes The Eliminators Gedo and Jado #4 seeds The Headhunters The APA Demolition La Resistance #5 seeds MNM LAX The Brainbusters Public Enemy #6 seeds The British Bulldogs The Hart Foundation The Kings of Wrestling Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko #7 seeds The New Age Outlaws The Nasty Boys Brothers of Destruction XXX #8 seeds The Rockers Team Angle The Natural Disasters The Headshrinkers #9 seeds Edge and Christan Motor City Machine Guns The Beverly Brothers Billy & Chuck #10 Seeds Impact Players The Godwinns The Hollywood Blondes The Bruiser and Crusher #11 seeds The Gangstas The Dream Team Doom Los Guerrero's #12 seeds The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers The Body Donnas The Blackjacks Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman #13 seeds The Smoking Gunns The Heavenly Bodies America's Most Wanted The Strike Force #14 seeds Money Inc Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik The Fabulous Freebirds Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart #15 seeds The Quebecers Sting and Lex Luger Faces of Fear The Outlaws #16 seeds Ole and Arn Anderson The Pitbulls (ECW) The Super Powers (Rhodes and Koloff) The Rock n'Sock Connection/Two Man Power Trip

Really? Lance Storm and William Regal make it in, but The Impact Players don't? That seems... odd to me. Maybe because I'm a Classic ECW fan. In my opinion, I would take out the majority of teams who don't have a team name. [I]Alliances,[/I] such as Diesel and HBK, and Rated RKO are not the same as Tag Teams. This should be a tournament for the best of the best, flash in the pan partnerships shouldn't cut the mustard. I also think seeding confuses matters. Although this process should be slowed down so as not to conflict with the singles tournament going on, everyone's views about "which is the better team" should go on DURING the voting phase, not before it. I would just pick the 32/64 most worthy teams, then randomly draw them into matches.

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;446488]And to clarify, I love the Warriors. They were great. I do think there were better in ring workers that don't get the due that they deserve here in the US, but I take nothing away from what they brought to the table. And this is in reference to memory. The push that they recieved [B]intially[/B] was first going to a tag team that consisted of one Matt Borne and some guy named Marty Lunde. [B]Of course, I am old(right dj?) [/B]and sometimes my memory fails me.[/QUOTE] Yeah, you can tell by this question. [QUOTE=theoutlaw321;446704]Mind me asking how old you are?[/QUOTE] LOL... "How old are you?" In other words, why don't you realise the greatness of all my favorite tag teams from 1980? [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;446707]17 years old[/QUOTE] Same here:cool:

[QUOTE=Self;446847]Really? Lance Storm and William Regal make it in, but The Impact Players don't? That seems... odd to me. Maybe because I'm a Classic ECW fan. In my opinion, I would take out the majority of teams who don't have a team name. [I]Alliances,[/I] such as Diesel and HBK, and Rated RKO are not the same as Tag Teams. This should be a tournament for the best of the best, flash in the pan partnerships shouldn't cut the mustard. I also think seeding confuses matters. Although this process should be slowed down so as not to conflict with the singles tournament going on, everyone's views about "which is the better team" should go on DURING the voting phase, not before it. I would just pick the 32/64 most worthy teams, then randomly draw them into matches.[/QUOTE] Personally I'll change that because the impact players deserve a spot and some of the alliances are gone.

Archived