What allows a promotion to be "rocked by industry changes"?

I don't get it. I've never seen a promotion's product that says industry changes will severely affect the promotion. I thought one of the cons to a Sports Entertainment company was that a low industry rating would make it a harder challenge for the promotion to thrive, much in real life. If I remember, this was the one hope that TCW had to finally knock SWF off its perch. Bug? Is this intentional? Am I missing something?

Actually, it's a promotion that's NOT mainstream. Pure wrestling promotions, like most of Japan. Ones that are based on wrestling. Thinking about it logically, if you're barely a wrestling promotion, you'd be barely effect if nobody liked wrestling. Whereas if you're a full-on wrestling promotion... Look at the products of promotions like GCG, INSPIRE, hell.. the only promotions in Japan that don't routinely go down with the ship are WLW and 5SSW. NOTBPW are another, as are RoF of course. If the wrestling industry is booming, everyone is happy. If it's in the toilet, the only promotions that continue to do well are the ones that can draw in fans from elsewhere.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;457561]hell.. the only promotions in Japan that don't routinely go down with the ship are WLW and 5SSW. NOTBPW are another, as are RoF of course. [/QUOTE] Interesting... In my game the Japanese market has bottom out, and as a result WLW just shut its doors at the beginning of October 2008. In fact, the only Japanese company to not show any serious issues has been 5SSW (and PGHW is doing OK. They didn't fall to Cult like BHOTWG, so thats a plus to them). Still, a game without WLW... never thought I'd see the day.

Does those promotions at least benefit from those booms? In this case, I could make sense to "surf" on wrestlings current popularity: Chose a "pure" product setting to raise and then change to entertainment, when the times demand it. In reality WWE does it, too. If it's necessary they suddenly produce good shows...

[QUOTE=Malioc;457717]Does those promotions at least benefit from those booms? In this case, I could make sense to "surf" on wrestlings current popularity: Chose a "pure" product setting to raise and then change to entertainment, when the times demand it. In reality WWE does it, too. If it's necessary they suddenly produce good shows...[/QUOTE] God please let the industry bottom out again then........lmao

Archived