Good Chemistry - in announcing?

I didn't realize that you could have a good announcer/color chemistry. I'm trying a self-run fed and I had a main event heel (Madman Boone) who I couldn't book for the initial show so I shoved him into position as my 'third' chair for announcing, and he's been clicking with Rock Downpour. Now Boone's mic skills are meh - straight c's except announcing where he's an F. My question is this - is the chemistry boost worth keeping him as a color commentator worth it (and the PPA cost) for every show? Will fans get tired of seeing him if I use him in this capacity AND throw him into matches as well?

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;469829]Announcing skill doesn't matter for color commentator, and C's are fine for a regional and smaller fed. And having him as a color commentator and a wrestler shouldn't affect the crowd seeing him as long as he is still pushed as a wrestler.[/QUOTE] Not to mention it should give him a nice boost to his Entertainment skills. I say give it a try.

This happened to me when Jerry Lawler got injured (I know, how, right?) in my last 067 game, so I subbed in CM Punk and he seemed to be better for the matches than the King was. So I kept him on for a while. I didn't go much further in that game, so, no long term effects. Not to mention, chemistry wasn't in that version. But, anyway.

Member of the syndicate turned out to have good chemsitry with both my anouncer and regular Colour Comentater Guess who is in the third chair when the syndicate have a match? hehe. And no no detrimental effects as long as the said wrestler isn´t being pushed as an colour comentater when he doesn´t want to be one. You can use him as one as much as you want.

I'm not entirely sure about the following yet... But as good as the 3rd place is for upskilling your workers, I also experienced negative side effects on the wrestlers. In my game 2 of my workers, who were used as 3rd man at the desk decreased significantly in my main areas overness, - while gaining overness in all contries I aired my shows. So, if you use a Main Eventer or one of your more important guys, make sure, that it doesn't ruin his short term use as a wrestler (in terms of popularity)!

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;469907]yep a workers entertainment skills excluding announcing need to be at least close to his overness without incurring that detremental effect.[/QUOTE] That still doesn't sound right. I put (actually) 3 guys on the position, who already had very good entertainment skills (B and above) and were at the C/C+ overness at max. Even the two guys, who were only around D overness decreased to ~E overness, before they slowly increased again (best scenario: to D+) in all areas (I aired especially my PPVs all over the world).

hmm wierd, you didnt use all three at the same time I assume but rotated between them. Then I wouldn´t really know what the problem is. Maybe anouncers and colour commentators gain popularity based on overall show quality but that is just a stab in the dark.

In my TCW game Sam Keith retired from wrestling fairly quickly but I had him continue as a Manager with the Syndicate for a while but eventually put him as Heel colour commentator and he has great chemistry with both Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes!

every time I play MAW I put Rip on the announce team and he always has chemistry with Marv. Also in my from scratch game I hired Marty Papin as my main announcer and Reese Paige as my Commentator/Road Agen, then I hired Lee Bambino as a third announce in training for when Marty retired and Lee has pretty good chemistry with both Resse and Marty.

Archived