Cornell-Verse Canada

Hey Well i have never played as a company in canada in cornellverse but i wanted to try one one them out but i dont wanna use a company that is full of rubbish. So for people who use canada can you help me decide i like the look of 4C since i can use most types of workers there were north of the border looks like they only use technical workers. please help.

Well, there are only 3 Companies in Canada. 4C - The smallest, and the alternative. They are pretty tough to take over, since they don't have much in talent, but alot in potental. CGC - Sports Entertainment. The SWF (in style) of the North. They have talent, but are more entertainment. NOTBPW - Pretty much classic wrestling. They have some of the best workers. But at the same time, you have people like Mighty Cavanaugh and Craig Green. Harder than in 07 to play.

4C Small company, cult like product, but hard going early as no one is over CGC- Sports Entertainment. Starts out cult level, has a solid main event in the DeColts and the main Elite, but the undercard needs developing. NOTBPW - Despite two Stones going abroad, still has Dan Jr and Jeremy along with Sean McFly. Is based on ring performance and not overness, but your main event has both and is probably the easiest promotion to get good shows right from the start. Also starts Cult size, but is more prestigious and popular than CGC and less affected by economy and industry swings.

If memory serves correct, you have three options: CGC: Mostly technicians with an aim at Sports Entertainment NOTBPW: Lots of awesome technical guys, pure wrestling 4C: Seem to have a mix of high flying and a couple technicians. That's about all I know about Canada.... :-(

4C is going to be a tough game. Like any other small promotion, it takes a lot of patience to develop it. And once you grow a bit, you're competing directly with the other promotions, which certainly doesn't make things any easier. NOTBPW and CGC are similar in some ways, but very different in their product. Neither is quite as easy to run in 08 as they were in 07. But both have some quality workers. I think it really comes down to what kind of game you find appealing - NOTB will mean booking few angles and plenty of long technical matches, whereas CGC is sports entertainment, meaning its about the storylines. Personally, I find CGC and SE more interesting, but its a personal preference.

4C is by far one of the hardest to start with. Or even play with in the long run. I suggest taking a really close eye in the product and possible changing the match/angle ratio to 80% (Wrestlers are rated more on popularity than performance!.. or atleast thats what it says). I've tried to figure out how to get people over in 4C. I guess it's just a combination of good gimmicks, hardcore, entertainment and high flying, dare devil -like action. I guess I'll start with 4C somewhere down the line.. :) Just to find out how I would do with the company.

It's really not that hard, FIN. At least, not compared to any other low-level promotion. I really like the idea of CGC, but the DeColt's annoy me, because there are just too many of them. :p I think the reason why most of my dynasties fail is because I try to make other companies into my 'ideal promotion', when in reality my 'ideal promotion' is CGC with no DeColts in it. But a Cult sports entertainment company 'just suddenly appearing' in Canada would be a bit odd, and I'm a stickler for a good backstory :p

Trent Shaffer usually rises fairly quickly, and I got Larry Wood to main event heat with a good storyline over 3 months. From D+ to B+ in that time. So there are other options to get someone to feud with the DeColts. And DaLay is useful if you treat him like Runaway Train, make all his angles about Overness, and put him in matches with talented people, namely those DeColts you have plenty of. ;) I can get him to A overness fairly easily.

It's not that succeeding with them is particularly hard for me. Just that doing so in a manner realistic enough for a dynasty is hard, with so many people I don't want on the roster, but can't realistically get rid of. At least in 4C Devine gets stolen, and I can phase out Crusher, Bailey and Dragon. I think someone would notice if Alex and Jack suddenly stopped appearing on TV. Most of all, Alex and Jack. ¬_¬

Archived