It's Time To Find Out If You're... Destined to Fail 2008

[I]It had come so far... I stood in the entrance after the show. The audience were gone; some of the boys were dismantling the ring. A few of the chairs were tipped over, plastic cups emptied and left forlorn beside them. I let my breath out slowly, and thought back to that first show. Stepping out on stage to deliver a bad attempt at karaoke a capella and a 'your mom' joke, and getting a pop for it. The cricket bat to the face long before I got the hang of covering up. The sound of bottle on skull nearby. Being hauled across the canvas, its texture rougher than I'd ever imagined skimming DVDs and cutting promos in the mirror at home. Feigning unconsciousness, lying sprawled across the pride of our fledgling tag division. The three count; the silver. Tag champions after my first (oh-so-)professional match. They'd told us not to try it at home, so we'd rented a nightclub and bought a ring. I thought of the twelve months our announcers joked about the Lynchpin, a feared pinning combination, before I ever found the athleticism I needed to attempt it. I thought of the ****ing Hair vs. Hair match. I thought about the injury. The retirements that followed, friends shocked into backing away by the reality of it all. What we had that kept us going was the camaraderie of the roster; the Lads Night Out wasn't a gimmick. It was how we were. How we all were. We'd stepped in the ring, some of us, with Samoa Joe. We'd worked false finishes, ref bumps, Dusty swerves and shocking turns. We'd proved you could live your dream, at least on the small scale. But next month Panix was out of the country. The rigours of the work were beginning to fray tempers through the roster. And next month, and provisionally afterward, the book fell to me from Panix. I wondered - had we peaked? We couldn't quit without admitting defeat. But even if we kept going, I wasn't sure how we could definitely prove that we were not-[/I] [IMG]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/destinedtofail/fullnelson.jpg[/IMG] --- Alright, having got the inspiration and secured the permission of Panix, it's time for the recruitment thread. For those not familiar with the original: [url]http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=27546[/url] And now there's at least one thing in this thread worth reading, even if it's only a link. I'm not Panix, and his permission does not equal the permission to use the original roster. I hope that many of you will come along for the ride; those who refuse, I can't blame you. I hope, further, that we'll see new workers enter the company and help us on our insane bid to rise to the top. Some months on from Panix' dynasty, the BWA lives on. Tom Lynch (formerly?) of the LNO has the book. Step up, fans, and become what you admire. So what I'm asking for here is volunteers - I need your name, or at the least something you'd be willing to be announced as, a photo, permission to use it, the understanding that I will be attempting to continue Panix' gleefully inappropriate booking style and so you may be booked with a truly ludicrous gimmick (see: The Crystal Pimp), and, if you choose to right now, some notion of style and finisher. If not... hell, we'll work it out as we go, it's the BWA! If we had a clue what we were doing there'd be no fun. This is not my ROF diary and it won't be booked or written up the same way. I'm going to be drawing heavily on panix and Nevermore. I just can't promise that quality. What I guarantee is that the BWA will live on in the same gloriously chaotic style it always did. Because it's what we want to see. And because not everything in life is Destined to Fail.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bolton
I would like to be in, but I don't want to post a picture of myself, as I am VERY shy and insecure about my appearance. Can I use a Cverse picture instead?

[QUOTE=Bolton;481528]I would like to be in, but I don't want to post a picture of myself, as I am VERY shy and insecure about my appearance. Can I use a Cverse picture instead?[/QUOTE] I'm afraid I'm going to say no. I hope, if you reread the original, you'll find that the different members of the roster are all treated fairly and you'll find you don't mind so much, but I can understand if you don't want to take the chance - and I do appreciate you registering interest.

I'm in. As for style/finisher, if at all possible I'd like to be a brawler/technician. My finisher would be a submission move, a combo half nelson- chicken wing called the Hot Wings as for a picture. [IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/Odius30/joe6nk.jpg[/IMG] hope that will suffice.

[QUOTE=panix04;481552]I can't wait to see the BWA back in business and I know from how keen you were during its first iteration that you will do a grand job! Panix for the BWA UK Title!!!! Woo hoo![/QUOTE] Are you kidding? Panix is too whipped to be champ. It's got to go to the master of the Primacanrana.

Archived