Gail Kim No Longer A Part Of TNA? - Profile Removed From TNA Website

Johnny Fenoli

[QUOTE=www.wrestlingheadlines.com] In a peculiar deal, Gail Kim's profile has been quietly removed from the TNA website. When you go to her profile page, you get the standard "You are not authorized to view this resource" page, which is what happens to the profile pages after a wrestler parts ways with TNA. Perhaps proving that the removal of her profile wasn't some sort of accident or error, all of her Knockouts photos have been removed as well. When you go to the Knockouts photo section, Gail's page is nowhere to be found. TNA almost never announces company departures on the website, so there is no way of knowing what the deal is with missing talent unless you go to a wrestling news website such as LordsOfPain.net. In fact, the only "future endeavors" notes they have announced over the past year were done to further angles involving Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian so they could be written off of television. It was announced on September 6, 2005 that Gail Kim had a signed a contract with TNA. If by chance her contract were to expire, it would probably be around this time. Team 3D signed three-year deals during this time frame, so perhaps she had the same contract length as well. Talent rarely get four-year deals, five-year deals are usually long, and we never heard anything about Gail renewing her contract on a year-to-year basis, so her original contract was likely a three-year deal. Gail is scheduled to wrestle Awesome Kong in a Street Fight on tomorrow night's Impact, which was taped last Wednesday. She is still named in the preview that is up on the site. [/QUOTE] Thoughts? Has she signed back with WWE? What kinda blow does the deal to TNA's very popular Knockout division?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;483798]Thoughts? Has she signed back with WWE? What kinda blow does the deal to TNA's very popular Knockout division?[/QUOTE] My thought is... She IS a big deal, because she was already popular. I think the new ones (Awesome Kong, etc.) are already well known (By TNA fans), and so this won't really hurt the division to much. She leaves, another steps up. Just effects them about as much as Kurt Angle leaving effected WWE, NONE. However, it's a sad thing to see one that was so connected to the company leave for whatever reason that might be. Perhaps it was the right thing for both parties, but I don't know any information but what you just posted. Also, it could be that they are just updating her pages right now, as that is also a reason why that would happen. I would wait a couple weeks, and see if anything really comes out of all this before believing she's gone. I honestly don't think it will hurt them though. They have plenty of girls right now, and it could be a blessing for someone that is not as well known.

From Wrestlinginc.com [QUOTE]TNAHeadlines.com can confirm that Gail Kim has left TNA. All references of Gail Kim including biography and photos have been removed from the official TNA website. We don't have details regarding her departure at the moment, however we hope to have more details later today. [/QUOTE]

It's a blow to TNA as Gail was one of the founding er... mothers (?) of the Knockout Division, but certainly not as much as it would have been several months or so ago. They've managed to establish ODB and others as credible top faces and Gail had been treading a fair bit of water since her feud with Kong anyway. It'll be interesting to see if the WWE do indeed resign her... maybe McCool can teach her how to wrestle 'properly' too... :rolleyes:

Guest Ransik
Well I just lost pretty much all respect I had for Gail. She spent the last couple years praising TNA for allowing her to work her own style and having a lighter schedule and being allowed to be a woman WRESTLER.... only to turn back on everything she said and go back to where she'll be a 2 move wonder again for a couple months only to share a locker room with Victoria once again. I give it less than a year, she'll go running back to TNA.

I wish her all the best and I hope for her the WWE uses her in the right way, as it seems they have upped the level of wrestling between the women lately Meline vs Beth in the Submission match (can't call it an I quit as no weapons where used) and Katie Lee vs Mickey James on a RAW 2 or 3 weeks ago where good matches. Still don't think its a wise move on her behalf as she could get TNA heat as Chriss Harris got and she was the face star for TNA and in WWE she will be one of the pack and probably pissed because Mickey and Michelle will have the limelight because who they are dating. Only time will tell tough.

Just wanted to ad it is good bussines strategy on part of the E as it seems they are going for basicly 4 women that can wrestle on each brand and 2 "hotties" on each brand divided on face/heel lines. Cherry was tried as the second wretling face on smackdown and obviously didn't cut the mustard so I think Gail will get that role. RAW: [COLOR="Blue"]Mickey James, Melina[/COLOR] / [COLOR="red"]Beth Phoenix, Katey Lee Burchill[/COLOR] hotty: [COLOR="blue"]Kelly Kelly [/COLOR] / [COLOR="red"]Layla El[/COLOR] Smackdown: [COLOR="blue"]Michelle McCool, Gail Kim[/COLOR] / [COLOR="Red"]Natalia Neidhart, Victoria[/COLOR] hotty: [COLOR="blue"]Maria [/COLOR] / [COLOR="red"]Maryse[/COLOR]

[quote=Ransik;484114]Well I just lost pretty much all respect I had for Gail. She spent the last couple years praising TNA for allowing her to work her own style and having a lighter schedule and being allowed to be a woman WRESTLER.... only to turn back on everything she said and go back to where she'll be a 2 move wonder again for a couple months only to share a locker room with Victoria once again. I give it less than a year, she'll go running back to TNA.[/quote] And how TNA treated her after all of this praise and hard work she put into the company? That has no bearing on the situation at all? I'm not saying Kim had to get the title back, but I'm sorry, I think the way they handled how Kong dropped the title to A COMPLETE UNKNOWN killed a lot of what they'd built up. If you were in Gail's shoes, someone who built that division with her bare hands, and watch it be ruined with lousy booking, wouldn't you be a little miffed?

Yeah but so far the reports are that her not resigning with TNA are not about booking but contract dispute eg pay or title run etc and the fact she had a seperate agent booking her other appearences. Not so much the botched up Taylor Wilde vs Kong story. And don't forget storyline wise Gail was about to beat Kong before Love interfered.

[QUOTE]I may have missed this one but who is McCool dating with enough backstage stroke to get her a title?[/QUOTE] Undertaker. And yes Mickey can be considered hot too but she is not just hot like those others I like the look of Katie Lee personally and Victoria but those two and Mickey can actually wrestle(somewhat)

From what I hear, the move was a lot to do with money. She was offered a great contract, more than what TNA were offering, and apparently she couldn't pass it up. I can respect that, as long as the increased workload doesn't do any damage. The girl needs some meat on her bones, to absorb some of those back-bumps.

Archived