UEW: The New Tradition

BLAST YOU VILE UEW!!!! YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU MOCKED EWA!!! RUUUEEE!!! I SAY!!!! Go ahead, START RUEING!!! I'd say say Boris Kiriyakin, but... man, I can't see how you could manage to push him in UEW. The fans of it aren't quite as excepting of "OMG, that guy is really big! OVERNESS!!!!"

[quote=Dragonmack;519039]I'm just wondering how long until The Celtic God Merle O'Curle makes his way across the channel! :D ;) Good stuff and your newsletter format is a hit as always![/quote] I'm sure Monsieur Fromage will be clever enough not to just make wholesale changes and turn this into ROF Mk2, but a gradual introduction of some old faves like Merle O'Curle would be kind of cool. :)

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;519042]I'm sure Monsieur Fromage will be clever enough not to just make wholesale changes and turn this into ROF Mk2, but a gradual introduction of some old faves like Merle O'Curle would be kind of cool. :)[/QUOTE] Yeah, it's going to be a bit of a balancing act. Obviously there are quite a few guys from ROF who will be a good fit into UEW. And there aren't that many different European guys available that weren't there in the long-running ROF game, so it's not like there's a greatly extended talent base to choose from. Plus UEW starts 2008 with a working agreement in place with ROF, which I will make use of from time to time (including quite quickly, you will notice shortly)...although it'll certainly not be with enormous regularity. However...I certainly don't want to make this just like the other diary. Many formatting things will be similar because...well, it's how I find easiest to do a diary and they seemed to go down well last time. So results, news, previews, interviews etc will be very similarly done. But I'm going to be at least a little careful with the introduction of wrestlers so that I don't end up with identical rosters too fast! At least the starting roster gives me a few guys I used either in a very limited way or not at all last time. I did worry a little at first that UEW might be too similar to ROF. But I wanted a promotion that featured performance over popularity, that wasn't being dynastied majorly already and which allowed quite a bit of potential growth over a period of time (which is why, TK, I didn't go with PGHW as you suggested...it was a good idea though!). And of course, a game that I'd enjoy playing. Thanks to those who have posted already (even Comradebot with your pro-EWA spouting! - might have to make a few more derogatory comments about them on the way!) and hopefully it'll continue to hold people's interests (including my own)!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/UEW/Upcoming001.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]QUICK PICKS[/B] [U]UEW World Title[/U] Joey Beauchamp vs Michael Moodie Don Henderson vs Stig Svensson Inky the Squid vs Sergei Kalashnov [U]UEW Nations Title[/U] Geoff Borne vs Maxx Ali Bloxsome vs Jamie Anderson Otto Hammerschmidt vs Wez Blooze

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] vs Michael Moodie [I]Champ retains to begin with.[/I] Don Henderson vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] [I]The rub goes to the non-loaner while Don teaches. I suspect the Highland Hitman will become a major player even if he stays solely on loan, however.[/I] Inky the Squid vs [B]Sergei Kalashnov[/B] [I]The Fresh Prince is easily the stronger contender.[/I] UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne[/B] vs Maxx [I]Champ, well, retains to begin with.[/I] Ali Bloxsome vs [B]Jamie Anderson[/B] [I]I like Jamie more.[/I] Otto Hammerschmidt vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] [I]If you beat Jamie I figure you beat Otto.[/I]

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] vs Michael Moodie Don Henderson vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] Inky the Squid vs [B]Sergei Kalashnov[/B] UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne[/B] vs Maxx [B]Ali Bloxsome[/B] vs Jamie Anderson Otto Hammerschmidt vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] Looking forward to this diary and it just me or does it say 21CW Tag Titles on the roster overview? ;).

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] vs Michael Moodie Mr Cool breeze isn't losing to Mr over the hill. Don Henderson vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] Captain Hero defeats Mclugar! Inky the Squid vs [B]Sergei Kalashnov[/B] he's always bombed for me in the states, but here the fresh Prince of belarus is gold! UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne[/B] vs Maxx [B]Ali Bloxsome[/B] vs Jamie Anderson Otto Hammerschmidt vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] It seems i've started a trend of wrestling booker avatars! :D

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] vs Michael Moodie [I]The Breeze wont drop the belt yet[/I] Don Henderson vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] [I]'McLugar's' not big enough of a star in Europe, to be anything other than talent trade job fodder.[/I] Inky the Squid vs [B]Sergei Kalashnov[/B] [I]Inky at best is someone who can go after the Nations or Tag Titles, where as Kalashnov has the potential to be in the World Title mix.[/I] UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne[/B] vs Maxx [I]Routine defence for Borne[/I] [B]Ali Bloxsome[/B] vs Jamie Anderson [I]You've said that Bloxsome is on a win streak, so I expect that to continue[/I] Otto Hammerschmidt vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] [I]User character, scores another win.[/I]

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]UEW World Title[/COLOR] [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] vs Michael Moodie [I]-Beuchamp retains, nothing special here. [/I] Don Henderson vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] [I]-Either you give Svensson a win over Henderson, who isn't (?) on your regular roster, or then you give Henderson a long Europe winning streak.[/I] [B]Inky the Squid[/B] vs Sergei Kalashnov -[I]This is more of a hope. I hope that you push Inky the Squid (Boy) as he is one of my personal favorites :) So a flash pinfall or something.[/I] [COLOR="Indigo"]UEW Nations Title[/COLOR] [B]Geoff Borne[/B] vs Maxx [I]-Man Maxx suxx's. Borne is a potential star of your UEW, and I hope he has a mid long reign to begin with, then to take on the tag titles or even the UEW World title.[/I] [B]Ali Bloxsome[/B] vs Jamie Anderson [I]-Bloxsome's old oh yeah, but Anderson.. As said in his profile, he just doesn't have the "x-factor".[/I] Otto Hammerschmidt vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] [I]-I really don't remember who was Hammerschmidt so I just guess that Blooze is gonna win.[/I]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/UEW/News003.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/UEW/Upcoming003.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]ooc...apologies for the long delay since the last post. Am hoping that won't become the norm with this dynasty. Very busy with real-life at the moment though![/I] [B]QUICK PICKS[/B] [U]UEW World Title[/U] Joey Beauchamp (C) vs Ali Bloxsome Sergei Kalashnov vs Stig Svensson [U]UEW Tag Team Titles[/U] The Devil & The Beast (C) vs Nigerian Hit Squad [U]UEW Nations Title[/U] Geoff Borne (C) vs Inky the Squid Michael Moodie vs Wez Blooze Don Henderson vs Otto Hammerschmidt

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp (C)[/B] vs Ali Bloxsome He [I]is[/I] the breeze. [B] Sergei Kalashnov [/B]vs Stig Svensson The Glasses man, The Glasses. UEW Tag Team Titles [B]The Devil & The Beast (C)[/B] vs Nigerian Hit Squad Retain. UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne (C)[/B] vs Inky the Squid Retain Michael Moodie vs [B]Wez Blooze[/B] Ego Push [B] Don Henderson[/B] vs Otto Hammerschmidt Like him better. Glad to catch this from the start :) Kind of...

QUICK PICKS UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B] (C) vs Ali Bloxsome [I]Bloxsome as a character would probably work better for EWA[/I] Sergei Kalashnov vs [B]Stig Svensson[/B] [I]Your champ is a heel, Stig just got a win, = next challenger[/I] UEW Tag Team Titles [B]The Devil & The Beast [/B](C) vs Nigerian Hit Squad [I]NHS suck[/I] UEW Nations Title Geoff Borne (C) vs [B]Inky the Squid[/B] [I]Lack of flow= lack of belt[/I] [B]Michael Moodie[/B] vs Wez Blooze [I]rebound win[/I] [B]Don Henderson[/B] vs Otto Hammerschmidt [I]no title= McLugar win[/I]

UEW World Title [B]Joey Beauchamp (C)[/B] vs Ali Bloxsome [I]Joey FTW, although I love the Demolition Druid.[/I] [B]Sergei Kalashnov[/B] vs Stig Svensson [I]Cool, baby.[/I] UEW Tag Team Titles [B]The Devil & The Beast (C)[/B] vs Nigerian Hit Squad [I]Champion's advantaghe over admittedly impressive experience.[/I] UEW Nations Title [B]Geoff Borne (C)[/B] vs Inky the Squid [I]I'm going to predict a win for the champ, as Inky, while good, hasn't got much more upside than Geoff.[/I] [B]Michael Moodie[/B] vs Wez Blooze [I]Because I mark for Razor Valentine.[/I] Don Henderson vs [B]Otto Hammerschmidt[/B] [I]So, you can put over your talent, or someone else's. Don will train, and lose, and come back again later.[/I]

Archived